Should Trump Step Down?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where should the facts about the fraud or the lack of it be established or overruled? surely in the courts and the electoral college? a partisan vote seems a poor basis for establishing what legal arguments before courts have hitherto failed to demonstrate.

My problem with the culture of Fundamentalism is that people sometimes seem to want to read their own ideas into Scripture because they strongly wish it.

Similarly, whatever one thinks of an election result, and wishes it otherwise, if legal arguments before the courts fail to overturn vital details of the result and these results are reflected in what the electoral college ratifies, I don't understand how wishful partisan intervention overturns the whole balance of the system under the separation of powers.

The same arguments apply, whichever candidate happened to be ahead. I don't even feel I should be trying to advance either candidate.
My remarks were reflecting the Electoral Count Act of 1887.
And to this. 3 U.S. Code § 15 - Counting electoral votes in Congress
Do you know who the president of the Senate is?
VP Mike Pence.

Reactions: marks

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
refuse to do so and fight for the continuation of Democracy in the United States, even if it means war?

He took the same oath I did. ( once in the USAF and once in the Police Dept. No expiration date. )

do you think such a scenario would be proper cause for the American populace to go to war again?

Th Founding Fathers said WE are obligated to do so. And they wrote the laws that have been quoted here numerous times.
So which is it? fallow the law or the heart? or both?
Pomp.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@WaterSong PS: If the fact that VP Pence is Republican supposedly means that the Senate, fufilling its constitutional role in ratifying the election result, should find Mr Trump the winner irrespective of the official voting figures, then this is like saying that the fact that in 2001 VP Al Gore was a Democrat should have meant the Senate, fulfilling its constitutional role in ratifying the 2000 election, should have found Mr Gore the winner, irrespective of the official voting figures after the Florida recount.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The “militia” is everyone that filled out a 4473 background check to buy a gun in this country. These guns are no match for the weapons our military has so it is a truly unfair balance. I mean the military has giant microwave weapons that can cook you alive. That being said if they try to confiscate guns from Americans there will absolutely be war. Those who would give up their freedom for safety deserve neither.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus, who was God, was no pacifist.

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no moneybag or knapsack or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one. 37 For I tell you that this Scripture must be fulfilled in me: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors.’ For what is written about me has its fulfillment.” 38 And they said, “Look, Lord, here are two swords.” And he said to them, “It is enough.”
There's more to this story than Jesus saying OK to use swords.

Jesus told them to bring the swords so that the prophecy was fulfilled, He was numbered with the transgressors. But when Peter went to actually use the sword, Jesus told him not to, and that it would just be the death of him.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all respect, that's a cop out for the fainthearted.
With all respect . . . not necessarily. It's also a belief held in intergrity by those who are strong and brave in some cases, I think.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you are entitled to your beliefs in all respects per your interpretation of those scriptures and the rest.
Many people believe they should die rather than fight to insure their freedoms against an unrighteous foe. Who am I to say they should not do?
God Bless.
If we keep our eyes on our Commander, Jesus, we'll know what we're to do at the time.

Much love!

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be careful what you post on the internet.

Bots collect information to be used later.

Much love!
Absolutely. Did you hear about the poor soul who ticked someone off in a chatroom? Somehow that offended one found the persons physical address.
About a week later, I think it was Texas, the offended one blew up the mans home. A house trailer that wasn't occupied at the time. Thank God.
Even what we may think are benign things can bite us.

I knew someone who aspired to be a writer. Long story short, surprise, I can do that from time to time, he'd taken a few chapters of a near finished manuscript and put onto his blog to gain commentary from readers. And this to gauge if the story line would generate and keep reader interest.
A publishing house he'd asked to consider his work told him he would have been published but for that blog.

Tough break. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a very good question. I wish we knew why someone chooses to sabotage himself.
I knew someone who would do that. They were a defeatist. They also suffered from Victim Complex. (playing the victim)
Just when they were going good and looked like they would make a great deal of money and be secure and not have to labor for their living, they'd do something to take them back down the ladder to their former place as a working stiff struggling to make a living.

I don't think Trump is the self-sabotaging type. Kind of goes contrary to achieving billionaire status.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not all Christians follow the teachings of Jesus; there would be more than enough Christians that would be willing to use violence.
Yes. You're talking to one of those. :) IWhen I was born God didn't tattoo on my forehead to read, doormat, step here.
This in no way means I am not in Christ.
Jesus was God. God was no doormat for his enemies. He smite them on different occasions in scripture, and he had his chosen people, the Israelits do so to on his behalf.
And Jesus formed a whip with his own hands and took after the money changers, fellow Jews, who were seated at money changing tables before his fathers house.

"Resist not evil".
Boy would that give the enemy cart blanche!
It would also mean, if Jesus practiced what he preached, and we know he did and perfectly, he would have succumbed to the temptations the adversary posed to him in the desert during the 40 day fast.

If I approach you with a gun and say, give me your wallet, credit cards, debit card and your pin!NOW!
Will you do it?
Will you also give me your coat after when it's 20 below in freezing winter?

Reactions: pompadour

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think Trump is too outnumbered. Even Bill Barr said he didn't see any signs of election fraud. I don't see how, at this point, Trump can legally remain in office.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Press Conference by Amistad Project on 'Election Whistleblowers Come Forward' (Dec. 1) | NTD

You only have to spend 15 minutes watching this nearly 2 hour address to realize, the level plunged to by those actors to steal this election is astounding!

Last edited: