Should we pray in tongue?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shan Missions

Nov 18, 2007
There are 6912 living languages in the world.Which language does God understand? He understands ALL languages. So in whatever language you pray God understand. The most important point is GOD MUST UNDERSTAND your prayer. If you pray in socalled OTHER TONGUE that God does not understand what the use of it. I speak four languages very fluently. I pray in the language I feel most comfortable. Sometimes I pray all four languages at the same time not by choice but it comes out by itself.Some people pray in other tongue that no one understand just like babling a few strange words for a few seconds or minutes and change to the language which people understand. Some do it to show that they are more spiritual or they are filled with the Holy Spirit. Some even think that it you don't pray in other tongue you don't have Holy Spirit. I don't agree with this. What Paul said at:1 Corinthians 14:22-23 23 So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and some who do not understand or some unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind ?Pray with the language that God understand and uplifting the hearers.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(amoy;24466)
so what is the conclusion?I'm confusing now and blur now..
Go what with Kriss said, and I agree with her. Those languages are understood by people.Jag

amoy

Jun 19, 2007
I don't think I will left that church because I can feel that there is just another home for me...

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
Yes,1Co:14:2: For he that speaks in an unknown tongue speaks not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaks mysteries.This is not normal language, it is not from human understanding, it is a miraculous new tongue, to lead people into the peace that passes understanding, the joy unspeakable etc, things whivh natural men cannot undersdtand. That's why in Acts they spoke in tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance, and they all did because "we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." (Romans 8:26)He has the words, he knows all things, we don't, it hasn't even enteered into the heart of natural man .. .1Co:14:4: He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself;Why should speaking in an unknown tongue edify you?- because it's the Holy Spirit ministering to you .. Isa:28:11: For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.:12: To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: ( quoted by Paul in vv21-22 of this chapter)1Co:14:14: For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful.:15: What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.:16: Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?Praying in tongues / in the Spirit is different from praying with the understanding.:19: Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.The main use of tongues is for personal prayer, but in the meeting it serves as a sign to non-christians and the Christians should seek God for a gift of interpretation.If you have never prayed in tongues, pray for the infilkling of the Holy Spirit, when you receive Him he will satisfy your thirst for God by leading you in tongues.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(TallMan;24516)
1Co:14:2: For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.This is not normal language, it is not from human understanding, it is a miraculous new tongue, to lead people into the peace that passes understanding, the joy unspeakable etc, things whivh natural men cannot undersdtand. That's why in Acts they spoke in tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance, and they all did because "we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." (Romans 8:26)1Co:14:4: He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself;Why should speaking in an unknown tongue edify you?- because it's the Holy Spirit ministering to you .. Isa:28:11: For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.:12: To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: ( quoted by Paul in vv21-22 of this chapter)1Co:14:14: For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful.:15: What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.:16: Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?Praying in tongues / in the Spirit is different from praying with the understanding.:19: Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.The main use of tongues is for personal prayer, but in the meeting it serves as a sign to non-christians and the Christians should seek God for a gift of interpretation.If you have never prayed in tongues, pray for the infilkling of the Holy Spirit, when you receive Him he will satisfy your thirst for God by leading you in tongues.
Again with this...You are interpreting it wrong. The word unknown is not even in the Greek manuscripts. And this so called tongue is far away from Truth. Have you not read Acts 2?Speaking in tongue (the way you are saying it) is not of God cause Acts 2...people understood their language.Not required.Jag

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(thesuperjag;24517)
Again with this...You are interpreting it wrong. The word unknown is not even in the Greek manuscripts. And this so called tongue is far away from Truth. Have you not read Acts 2?Speaking in tongue (the way you are saying it) is not of God cause Acts 2...people understood their language.
I find your language a bit disjointed.The translators added the word unknown because they read the plain text that tells us that the speaker's understanding is unfruitfil, UNlike normal language. And when used in the meeting, the speaker needs to pray that he may interpret. If it is a learned language he doesn't need to pray for a gift of interpretation!They understood in Acts 2 because there were people there from all over the world, but even here the speakers didn't understand what they were saying AND the hearers still didn't understand the gospel, because tongues is not and never was for speaking to men, it is speaking to God as 1 Cor. 14 says. If other people over-hear they will still be none the wiser as to what God is saying to them personally.Then in Acts 10 Peter recognised the gentiles speak in tongues even though he was not an international trader, just a fisherman from Galilee.There is one gospel, God unites all people, jew or gentile, greek, roman etc all receive the infilling of God's Spirit speaing in tongues, God's sign of entering the New Covenant.You are still an alien Jag.

Nov 8, 2007
I don't judge or despise people who speak in tongues or claim it. Some People who do it without an interpreter may very well indeed be either faking it, the Holy Spirit is really doing it, or a devil is. I don't judge a person who speaks tongues, but when people Say Speak in tongues so the Holy Spirit comes, it's wrong! The Holy Spirit is in Us, whether we have that burning feeling in our hearts or not. There's the Cloven Tongue, and the Tongue of the language of Angels and unknown moaning and groaning. When we are unaware that our Spirit makes intercession with God.

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;24635)
. . .when people Say Speak in tongues so the Holy Spirit comes, it's wrong! . . .
Correct, it's the other way round . . . receive the Holy Spirit (be believing you NEED to and wanting it above all else), then you will speak in tongues.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Unorthodox Christian;24635)
I don't judge or despise people who speak in tongues or claim it. Some People who do it without an interpreter may very well indeed be either faking it, the Holy Spirit is really doing it, or a devil is. I don't judge a person who speaks tongues, but when people Say Speak in tongues so the Holy Spirit comes, it's wrong! The Holy Spirit is in Us, whether we have that burning feeling in our hearts or not. There's the Cloven Tongue, and the Tongue of the language of Angels and unknown moaning and groaning. When we are unaware that our Spirit makes intercession with God.
This is exactly why God says this should never be done in a church setting you do not know if the person next to you is faking, or speaking the devils language That is why you must have an interpeter if No intepetor is presentNo prophezing or teaching is going on and it is this that is the evidence of the Holy spirit what is said(tought, prophezied) this is the Only reason in scripture this was ever used was as a teaching tool. In Acts 2 it was God himself teaching through the Cloven tounge. In Cor. it was people teaching people in their own languages. Because an unknown Babble is spoken does not prove, is no evidence of the Holy spirit in itself for one can only judge their own heart and not those around him. Any church that encourages this conduct without an interpeter is not following Gods will and opens itself for evil spirits to enter.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
Seems like every tongue forum is the same. My advice to amoy is to pray and let the Holy Spirit guide him into the truth. I have been on both sides of the tongue debate. My confusion stayed until I prayed and let the Holy Spirit interpret the scriptures. I now have peace about this and the confusion is gone. I still have questions and open to listen. But what God has confirmed in me no one can change that!One question concerning tongues and the scripture to ponder is this:1 Corinthians 14:4 speaks of the one speaking in tongues edifiieth himself.1 Corinthians 14:14 speaks of the spirit praying when tongues are spoken.Now look at Jude:20, We are told to build ourselves up praying in the Holy Ghost.Seems like speaking tongues and praying in the Spirit is connected.

Shan Missions

Nov 18, 2007
By the way, why people close their eyes when they pray? why the people bow down when they pray? why the people hold their hands together when they pray? why the people stand up or sit down or knee down or jumping when they pray? why some people shout so lound when they pray?Please show me the scripture/s that demands the prayer to do all these.

Nov 8, 2007
(Shan Missions;24732)
By the way, why people close their eyes when they pray? why the people bow down when they pray? why the people hold their hands together when they pray? why the people stand up or sit down or knee down or jumping when they pray? why some people shout so lound when they pray?Please show me the scripture/s that demands the prayer to do all these.
WOW! Psalm 33 1 Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him. 2 Praise the LORD with the harp; make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre. 3 Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.

Shan Missions

Nov 18, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;24748)
WOW! Psalm 33 1 Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him. 2 Praise the LORD with the harp; make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre. 3 Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.
Mr. Unorthodox,The scripture verses you quoted are not PRAY. It is PRAISE.Sorry about that.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
Amen to that Tallman!(TallMan;24516)
Yes,1Co:14:2: For he that speaks in an unknown tongue speaks not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaks mysteries.This is not normal language, it is not from human understanding, it is a miraculous new tongue, to lead people into the peace that passes understanding, the joy unspeakable etc, things whivh natural men cannot undersdtand. That's why in Acts they spoke in tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance, and they all did because "we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." (Romans 8:26)He has the words, he knows all things, we don't, it hasn't even enteered into the heart of natural man .. .1Co:14:4: He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself;Why should speaking in an unknown tongue edify you?- because it's the Holy Spirit ministering to you .. Isa:28:11: For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.:12: To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: ( quoted by Paul in vv21-22 of this chapter)1Co:14:14: For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful.:15: What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.:16: Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?Praying in tongues / in the Spirit is different from praying with the understanding.:19: Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.The main use of tongues is for personal prayer, but in the meeting it serves as a sign to non-christians and the Christians should seek God for a gift of interpretation.If you have never prayed in tongues, pray for the infilkling of the Holy Spirit, when you receive Him he will satisfy your thirst for God by leading you in tongues.

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
To all,The gift of tongues and "prayer language" is not seperate. There is no prayer language apart from speaking in tongues which requires an interpretor. The gifts of the Spirit are the manifestations of the Spirit, and it is written why they were given for the assembly, the body of Christ.1 Corinthians 12: 7But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. 12For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. That is the only reason the manifestation of the Spirit in regards to tongues would come. In working in the body of Christ, the assembly, it comes with an interpretor... or the one speaking is to be silent. Look at the rules for some of these gifts.1 Corinthians 14: 26How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying. 27If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. 29Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge. 30If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace. 31For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted. 32And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.I would like to address the latter part of that verse 28. Now the reason I had not took a stand on tongues before was because of reports of people interpreting. Then I found out that the ones interpreting were proven to be lying by linguists whom made recordings. These were churches that really believed they had the Biblical tongues and were interpreting them. They even invited the linguists into their midst until it was proven that the interpretors were lying.So what is the real concern here? There is a tongue that is in the world. This tongue has crept into the christian churches by focussing on the Holy Spirit for another filling or another baptism in order to get this other tongues, BUT that is how the world got their tongues. Hinduism and voodooism are both in the spiritual realm, and linguists compared the recordings of both the world's and what churches that claim to have the Biblical tongues, but were found to be the same which is gibberish. So the rudiment is how did the christian churches got the tongues of the world? By focussing on the Holy Spirit.What is the role of the Holy Spirit? To dwell in us as promised for all those that come to Jesus as their Saviour. That is the only way we shall know Him is by Him being in us. So the hypodrisey as well as the departure from the faith rests in seeking after another spirit or continual filling of the "Holy Spirit" in order to get this tongues. Thus one is moved away from their rest in Jesus, to go after a lie for we are complete in Christ and we are certainly not leaky vessels.Matthew 9: 17Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.The promise is that once we come to and believe on Jesus, we shall never hunger nor thirst.. so how can we be seeking a continual filling of the Spirit?John 6: 3535And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.So what is at stake here is the witness of the Gospel and the keeping of the faith.Now, if you do not speak in tongues, seek rather to prophesy, because Paul said so. Prophesy is to be sought over tongues.1 Corinthians 14: 1Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy. 2For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. 3But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. 4He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. 5I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying. So my question is for those churches that promote another baptism of the Holy Spirit with evidence of tongues, why tongues? Why not prophesy? Because tongues that cannot be interpreted is just left alone, and can be expounded upon by saying it is a prayer language, thus amoy is in a church that prays in tongues with NO interpretation whatsoever.And you know what really gets me? I had read these verses so often, that I failed to see what paul was really saying. But Paul was demanding the women not to speak as in speaking in tongues, because tongues don't come to them.1 Corinthians 14: 34Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. 35And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. 36What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only? 37If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 38But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant. It was verse 36 that popped up to declare what Paul was meaning here. And it don on me that when he said that all speak in tongues... he was referring to "all" men. How can the women have tongues if they were forbidden to speak at all? Just as God spoke to Adam first, thus tongues comes to man first as the Spirit ministers the gifts to profit the body withal.So then I hear of one lady testifying of one time speaking in tongues, and the woman was crying as she testified that she was speaking in tongues. When I heard that, that was when I just said tongues without an intepretor was not the gift of tongues. But now I wonder if the woman was crying to hide the fact that she couldn't speak in tongues and have the closeness to God the others had so she lied to cover up why she was crying. Why would I wonder that? Because of the reports from the linguists. The woman speaking in tongues may had the tongue of the world and not know it.Then you have a woman speaking in tongues, testifying that a man was saved as he testified hearing her speaking in Italian. She goes on that she does her own interpretation. I lay out the Biblical guidelines for what is to be done in church, and all those that speak in tongues came to her defense as if it is proper and okay to interpret your own tongues. That was recently and on another forum.And the worst part is, there is this one forum where I got banned from posting anymore all because of the things they were posting as I questioned what is being shared by asking the moderators if they thought Pentecostalism was a world religion as they had classified catholicism as a world religion. Apparently, they did not like that question as they accused me of having an agenda in spite of the fact that this query developed over time and broadened into an investigation while I was in that forum. I mean, they banned all topics of catholicism from the forum, and so after several posts from members that provided links to sources to prove that tongues did not ceased buit were ongoing, I did some research on their sources online!The evidences of tongues being ongoing as regarding the pre-history of the Pentecostal churches were from catholic priests! They were using tongues as a sign that they were the Church and as proof they were keeping the doctrines perfectly as they reprove other hereseys. What is wrong with this picture? This forum I was in kicked out catholicism as a world's religion, and I get banned for asking if they ever considered that Pentecostalism was of a world religion seeing how tongues with no interpretation was in the world... and those that defend it as ongoing were using sources to validate the Church which that forum had kicked out all topics relating to catholicism out of the forum.So... here we are. I could say.... give leeway for tongues to be a prayer language because of that last part of that verse in 36, but that would be ignoring why all the manifestations of the Spirit were given. So I cannot say that it is okay because... I don't know how you got your tongues. I believe it is dangerous to ignore the implication of it because if the supernatural gift is seen in the world, and tongues were given to profit the body withal.. as in not a stand alone gift... AND it is given to man ... AND.. believers are to seek prophesy over tongues.....Then believers need to ask the Lord if the tongues they got is not of the world. If you value your relationship with the Lord, you ask Jesus if at any time you departed from faith and opened yourself up to receive another spirit just so you can speak in tongues.I tell ya, when the unbelievers got saved in Acts, they didn't know about tongues, nor sought it. It was given for this reason alone.1 Corinthians 14: 20Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. 21In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. 22Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe. 23If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad? So when you are in a prayer closet and someone came onto you or came by and hear you, would they not think ye mad? Would the Lord use tongues outside the assembly as a stand alone gift? 1 Corinthians 14: 6Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine? 7And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped? 8For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle? 9So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air. 10There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification. 11Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me. 12Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church. 13Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. 14For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also. 16Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest? Note verse 16. If one bless with the Spirit, whom are you blessing if no one else is around? How if you pray alone is your understanding fruitful? Thus because of tongues being in the world, I would question the teaching of a prayer language that is apart from foreign languages... and ask the Lord Jesus... did I get this tongue by another way?Those with tongues, I ask you in Christ's love, to please take this to the Lord Jesus in prayer and make sure the tongues you have is not of the world and that you were not misled by those that preached another spirit to get the tongues without interpretation by calling it a heavenly language and thus a prayer language.And just so you know. Romans 8:26,27 of the KJV blows away the errors in the NIV.Romans 8: 26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. KJVVerse 26 states with groanings which cannot be uttered, so one wonder how then does the Holy Spirit maketh intercession for us if no sound. It leads to the answer in verse 27. 27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, so this is a Third Person that searcheth the hearts as well as the mind of the Spirit, so this is the "he" that maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.And that he is Jesus Christ the Lord. Do note how it is written and it being the will of God.1 Timothy 2: 5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;Here is the NIV of Romans 8:26,27. Do note the grammarical error of verse 27 as they refer the "he" to mean "the Spirit".Romans 8:26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.Thus by the translation error of the NIV, believers are taking verse 26 to mean prayer language when the KJV does not infer that at all. The NIV broke with scriptures with the 1 timothy 2:5 truth that Jesis is the ONLy Mediator between God and man.. according to the will of God as He is the one that maketh intercessions for the saints. We make intercede for the saints when we pray for them, but to Jesus as Jesus is the One Mediator between us and God. So the Holy Spirit fulfills the role as the Comforter by being in us so that Jesus, Our Good Shepherd and Mediator, knows what is going on always so the KJV offers more peace in that when we do not even have time to pray, He knows... whereas the NIV steals the peace from believers because they do not have this "prayer language"... and scriptures do not do that.If any doubt as to which is the correct translation for Romans 8:26,27, then rread this below.John 5: 39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. So, I am asking... imploring all believers that speak in tongues or believe that you do, to ask Jesus in prayer in how you git tongues, because what I am seeing where I live.. no one is mustering the gift anywhere near what it was used for in the early churches and what I read online in most places do not give it verifiability that it is still ongoing today.I mean.. ask yourself this question. If tongues being interpreted today, then why if the Bible is in the pew? There is no new revelation or doctrine or knowledge that hasn't been shared that has been shared already and written down for our edification in the faith. For all the boastings of tongues continuing, the NT has not been added any books after all those years. So what good has it been? And yet tongues are sought more than prophesying so as to edify the body withal... and by seeking another spirit to get it.Any red flags raised yet?All I can do is ask you to pray to Jesus for discernment by the KJV, cause, I don't see tongues continuing especially without interpretation when we have the KJV sitting with us to edify us in the knowledge of Him so that our love may abound yet more and more.