Should we rejoice over the death of a sinner?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
Should we rejoice over the death of a sinner? Should we pay evil for evil? what then should we do when evil continues to torment us and we have the power to kill that evil but killing the evil does no good to us too?

Will you pesevere if I continue to slap you maybe until your death?

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I thought about this when they said Osama was dead.

At first I felt a calm comfort and a sense of relief. Oddly, I didn't know I was so tense and stressed by him being alive. I still feel a sense of comfort knowing he's not around.

However, the conundrum is, I'm sad because he didn't repent or know Jesus. He's sent to his eternity with no other chance. Even though he was an evil man, some of the pictures they put in newspapers show life in his face. It's sad because I could see what a light he could've had if he were a believer.

Too many people wish for the deaths and destruction of evil people. Some call it justice. We see it all over the internet and in conversations.

The wise words of God, "I desire mercy!"

We should be praying for mercy and wanting mercy on those who are doing wrong even to us. It's not easy I know, but, which is better?

Have our enemies die and go to judgement and eternal damnation just so we can stand above them and arrogantly shout, "See? I was right!"?

Or

Have our enemies live a long life with every chance to repent, and maybe, they do repent and we can welcome them in eternity with open arms and say, "See? I was right!"?

We should be sad, but also know that God is just and that each of our days are numbered.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
No, we should not rejoice over Bin Ladin's death. But neither should have many of Islam rejoiced when thousands were murdered on 9-11.

Yet, should he have been 'taken out'? Yes, he admitted that he was a primary mover responsible for 9-11, which is equal to a confession for the death penalty. Besides, there was proof.

So..., if Hitler had been caught, should he have gotten the death penalty? Yep.

What makes Osama and Hitler so special that they shouldn't be held responsible for their crimes against humanity like a child murderer/rapist? Some acts the wicked commit deserve the death penalty. And we are not to feel guilty, for their spirit is still not yet dead; they haven't been judged by The LORD yet either.

But will those in Christ Jesus feel sorrow? Yes, it's a natural feeling for us because that's what God's Spirit in us does, after all, we are all His children He created.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the Dali Lama, a man that makes sure to not swat mosquitoes out of respect for life, realized the importance of ending Bin Ladin's life.

I agree that celebrating his death is wrong - even if a few radicals in the Middle East celebrated 9/11.

Something tells me that if Osama was caught and claimed to repent and even get baptized as a Christian, most Christians would not believe him to be sincere.

I am glad the pictures of his death were not released

I am glad there is no grave for radicals to rally around.