Should women teach the bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thats is what the pharrises would say, always denying the His power.

Yep and that is what you all do, argue over which is which of you is the greatest, no difference, When none is in Christ none is above another, because those who learn of Him have no SELF to boast of.

2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

I don't think the writer was referring to the believer here.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think this thread has gone astray a bit. Whilst it started with the question " should women teach" which is a valid question in this day and age of feminism and equality, it has descended into arguments of an inconsequential nature. When this happens we end up straining at gnats and gnat is not right.

We need to focus on the majors and forget the minors You know, if a piano fell down a mine shaft, what would you get? Answer...A flat minor.

Joking aside (because you get side effects from it) the scripture is full of mind-shattering beliefs we should know and actions required of us. They are far more important than discussing peripherals.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They would say strawman???

You have no idea what is going on here if that is what you think.
Remember Paul, the pharisee who considered himself a pharisee of pharisees, very learned well studied man, murdering Gods children because it was what he believed to be the right thing to do, after all his studying, Im sure you know how He found Christ, than what was it he said,

Php 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Php 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

there is no other way. narrow is that door that leads to life and few there find it...

Reactions: amadeus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And they find it in the Scriptures.
You find Christ there too yet still people wont go to Him..

this is in the bible too..

oh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

nothing changed, thats why when He comes so many will be left out.

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
We went to a strict Presbyterian church one time and I adopted at least some of their values: they were very strictly against women teachers in accordance with Paul's admonition that he "does not allow a woman to teach." Yet we see more and more women teachers.

What is your take on this?
woman might be representative in Scripture? Of emotions, maybe

Reactions: Helen