Should women teach the bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
GINOLJC, to all.

I believe you need to re-read her post, it said "you all" and two if you're not a "B#@%&", why worry about it? as the apostle Paul said,
Philippians 3:13 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

Philippians 3:14 "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
so worring about what someone says should not concern you unless...

second, of all I was speaking to the "Strong". they the strong, need not say anwthing because they are .... "STRONG".

third, as in defending anyone, yes, the bonds of Peace, which is the prince of peace.

did I condemn anyone, or you? no, I said, "no one broke any rules", if not sure read my post again. also in restraining our tongues the Holy spirit will do that for us if we are subject to him. and as for dealing with "other" people short coming, maybe other people are dealing with your short coming.

that's the Christian way, "to forgive", as christ did on the cross, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do". so do all acept, and all forgive also. and it's not just about "YOU", as I posted, "hope all are in peace, and apologies to all for the unwarranted outburst". MY concern is for all, the offender as well as the defendent. My will is the same as my Father's.
1 Timothy 2:3 "For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

1 Timothy 2:4 "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth".

this is his will that all be save, and all to come unto the knowledge of the truth. but understand this. you nor I can shove this down anyone's throat. Just speak the word of truth, that's all. if one hear fine, if not, fine also, just plant the seed, for one plant, another water, but it is God who gives the increase.

now with that said, I will move on. be blessed

PICJAG.

Bless you brother. :)

Remember, that the Enemy's tactics is always to just wear down the saints....somewhat the "Chinese water torture"...drip drip drip. :)

Go look a the wonderful sunset...and be refreshed. ;)

Blessings....Helen .

Reactions: mjrhealth and Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bless you brother. :)

Remember, that the Enemy's tactics is always to just wear down the saints....somewhat the "Chinese water torture"...drip drip drip. :)

Go look a the wonderful sunset...and be refreshed. ;)

Blessings....Helen .
Thanks H, yes it was refreshing to get outdoors and get some air, and sun, wish the same to you and all up there in Polar bear country... (smile). but hey stay warm and keep the Faith.

God bless.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an information gathering place for thieves. They monkey on truly talent and blessed people's backs
so what's wrong with that? I like the apostle Paul. Philippians 1:12 "But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;

Philippians 1:13 "So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places;

Philippians 1:14 "And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.

Philippians 1:15 "Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:

Philippians 1:16 "The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:

Philippians 1:17 "But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.

Philippians 1:18 "What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

see CovenantPromise, let them do what they please, but the NAME of the Lord Jesus is carried forward, even as you said, "They monkey on truly talent and blessed people's backs". so I ask you have you been injured? what has you lost?. I leave you with this, 2 Corinthians 4:5 "For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

so give not thought, but put the word of the Lord in their mout, when someone gets it and come in then someone truly of God can get them stright. has everything that we was told, was the truth? but we found out diffrently one we got in and learned the truth. as the pastor, and prophet, the king, David said, Psalms 1:1 "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful".

PICJAG.

Reactions: Helen

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Helen......AAAH... the unassuming "sweet old lady". She always rallies around the underdog. Not that any of whom she defends is attacked, but they are under her care for sure and they are her pets. Always talking about her infirmities , "Have you had any lay hands on you again?" Perpetually sick (Maybe), or is it all sympathetic ploy- for attention? You would think with all the laying on of hands she has had she'd be testifying about the Glory of Christ. Instead she justifies vulgarities.

Truth is, she's NOT so sweet, and is a hypocrite who would have been outraged if I had called her or any friend of hers a vulgar name. I guess if you are not her cup of tea, she gives likes to those who defend her (sentiments exactly). Then acts like she's a Christian. And no doubt calling her out , will cause some to gasp! She, supports vulgarity just will not be the one to speak it, this, to not look as what she is in her interior-unholy! She ONLY defends them her vulgar friends. She praises use of scripture toward the one slandered and called vulgar names. "We must defend the weak" , yet is the first one to speak against any who "flood" against her friends false doctrines which DROWN OUT anything sane in here.She defends people who say the MOST vile things against the Lord and Saviors mother. That even if you are not for too much praise of her,(Mary)what has been said about her would offend any sensible human. All in the name of not giving that WOMAN too much praise, yet loves it for herself, while she strokes dogs. NO SWEET OLD LADY FOR SURE! She has not spoke out against the ones who implied Christ's mother is a whore with a social disease , yet gives a thumbs up to those supposedly encouraging a Christian by defending one who would spew vile cuss words at her , defend the perp.Does this sound Christian? JUSTICE, please she knows nothing of the sort, nor do her cohorts. They have deep throats for blasphemy, no ear for the truth..... suckers for the wiles of satan. though God seems to postpone I ASSURE ALL you will receive your just desserts.

2Peter 3:
3Most importantly, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.a 4“Where is the promise of His coming?” they will ask. “Ever since our fathers fell asleep, everything continues as it has from the beginning of creation.” 5But they deliberately overlook the fact that long ago by God’s word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water, 6through whichb the world of that time perished in the flood. 7And by that same word, the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

Romans 12:19
19Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but leave room for God’s wrath. For it is written: “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay, says the Lord.”

And words are not vengeance when they are not cussing , that is evil. Speaking truth and calling a spade a spade is no sin. I have not repaid evil with evil, but have spoken to your evil the truth!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matt 5
  1. [44] "I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you,
    [45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
    [46] For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? "
Prov 15:1 "A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger."

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Helen......AAAH... the unassuming "sweet old lady". She always rallies around the underdog. Not that any of whom she defends is attacked, but they are under her care for sure and they are her pets. Always talking about her infirmities , "Have you had any lay hands on you again?" Perpetually sick (Maybe), or is it all sympathetic ploy- for attention? You would think with all the laying on of hands she has had she'd be testifying about the Glory of Christ. Instead she justifies vulgarities.

Truth is, she's NOT so sweet, and is a hypocrite who would have been outraged if I had called her or any friend of hers a vulgar name. I guess if you are not her cup of tea, she gives likes to those who defend her (sentiments exactly). Then acts like she's a Christian. And no doubt calling her out , will cause some to gasp! She, supports vulgarity just will not be the one to speak it, this, to not look as what she is in her interior-unholy! She ONLY defends them her vulgar friends. She praises use of scripture toward the one slandered and called vulgar names. "We must defend the weak" , yet is the first one to speak against any who "flood" against her friends false doctrines which DROWN OUT anything sane in here.She defends people who say the MOST vile things against the Lord and Saviors mother. That even if you are not for too much praise of her,(Mary)what has been said about her would offend any sensible human. All in the name of not giving that WOMAN too much praise, yet loves it for herself, while she strokes dogs. NO SWEET OLD LADY FOR SURE! She has not spoke out against the ones who implied Christ's mother is a whore with a social disease , yet gives a thumbs up to those supposedly encouraging a Christian by defending one who would spew vile cuss words at her , defend the perp.Does this sound Christian? JUSTICE, please she knows nothing of the sort, nor do her cohorts. They have deep throats for blasphemy, no ear for the truth..... suckers for the wiles of satan. though God seems to postpone I ASSURE ALL you will receive your just desserts.

2Peter 3:
3Most importantly, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.a 4“Where is the promise of His coming?” they will ask. “Ever since our fathers fell asleep, everything continues as it has from the beginning of creation.” 5But they deliberately overlook the fact that long ago by God’s word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water, 6through whichb the world of that time perished in the flood. 7And by that same word, the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

19Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but leave room for God’s wrath. For it is written: “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay, says the Lord.”

And words are not vengeance when they are not cussing , that is evil. Speaking truth and calling a spade a spade is no sin. I have not repaid evil with evil, but have spoken to your evil the truth!

Thank you.

I needed that...its always good to be reminded what the Enemy's agenda is, otherwise we get complacent and forget who's army we are in.

Hope the New Year is good to you.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 5

1. [44] "I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you,
    [45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
    [46] For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? "
"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger."

Prov 15:1
That might actually mean something if they were from a heart in the truth of peace. Unfortunately your bias and hypocrisy betrays you. I have no problem loving my enemies, but you do not need to love them for me. I am required to do, not you. As a bystander witnessing an injustice you are to step up in defense of -not turn a blind eye and justify sin . Being weak, in knowledge does not mean it should be supported either. 1. your buddy FIRST should have been admonished and then follow through with settling the dispute, not by correcting the one insulted, but by directing the REAL PROBLEM to apologize for such nonsense.

Proverbs 29:7
The righteous consider the cause of the poor, but the wicked have no regard for such concerns.

One may ask how are you poor, it is just this simple I am a neighbor not your house. I am one you are the many, whether you agree with me , you know your buddy ,who likes the word B****es. You should have, (as well as your friends) FIRST condemned THAT, instead of telling me that as a Christian I need to accept that. You know nothing about defending, by pretending. And know nothing about being a real Christian.

Leviticus 19:15
Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

You are all mighty because you are MANY against me. But profanity regardless, is wrong . In that there is no dispute and you showed partiality. Me proving doctrines wrong, is no excuse to cuss at people. And does not mean you or anyone should support OBVIOUS WRONGS! NOT CHRISTIAN AT ALL.

Matthew 18:15-17 (ESV) “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. 17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

So clearly the application of certain scripture AGAINST ME is misapplied. It is taken out of context. It is like the victim being criminalized while the criminal and offender protected. But no worry, I actually believe all scripture and am totally Christian, Just pointing out how un-neighbourly you all are. Full of bias and unrighteousness. Clearly you prove me right all the time. Christians do not act like your kind. But as I said a blind eye was too turned with attacks on Christ's mother, a member of the body, no different with me, what do you think Christ does to those who do NOT defend the body?

But as we peel away the onion what you are learning , NO member attacks another member, admonish yes attack NEVER, DEFEND always!
Galatians 5:14

Freedom in Christ
…14The entire law is fulfilled in a single decree: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” (NO ONE WANTS TO BE CUSSED AT OR ABUSED)15But if you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out, or you will be consumed by each other. 16So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh
17For the flesh craves what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are opposed to each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 19The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery; 20idolatry and sorcery; hatred, discord, jealousy, and rage; rivalries, divisions, factions, 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us walk in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying one another.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@CovenantPromise

Mat 15:16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Do have a lovely night.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2Peter 3:

What a nasty hate filled vile tongue you have.
You might try spending more effort on closing your mouth and less effort on disjointing your shoulder with all that self-backpatting you do.

Glory to God,
Taken

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a nasty hate filled vile tongue you have.
You might try spending more effort on closing your mouth and less effort on disjointing your shoulder with all that self-backpatting you do.

Glory to God,
Taken
Really? what's vile, the behavior of Helen and many in here, or the fact that I called it out? Please, by all means, show me what I said that is untrue. You do know black and white is difficult to dispute ?

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't mention Helen.
I mentioned your vile tongue.

Are you really confused about what I said?

LOL

Glory to God,
Taken
No I am not confused but you seem to be. I think lethal best describes my tongue and you just do not like that. You shouldn't ,considering you have been at the receiving end of it. If you call truth vile, then you are . That is the real issue.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't mention Helen.
I mentioned your vile tongue.

Are you really confused about what I said?

LOL

Glory to God,
Taken
And actually you did refer to Helen by responding to the post where I MENTION HELEN and IS ALL ABOUT HELEN and I own. Now who not only cannot prove I spoke untruthfully but also proves to be disingenuous ? Clearly , you could just say what I say to you personally is vile, if you must go there. But to say "Did I mention Helen?" One can be dumb and mute and still point to what they are mentioning in thought. I am not saying you are mute, but you certainly did point to Helen, OBVIOUSLY:rolleyes:.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And for the record, I have no ill will toward anyone in here. But for sure it is clear, that is not the case with certain people in here toward me. Let's be frank, no one has been able to prove me a liar. Simply rejecting, because it does not tickle your ears , is proof of nothing other than most like the lie. At the least, if you cannot prove me wrong at the moment, then keep what I share as food for thought, until you can prove me wrong(I assure you, you won't). Otherwise, you could actually be attacking a work of God. If you cannot prove lie, then what else can it be? As I have said on many occasions , show me my lies with truth, and I will thank you.
Some call the cutting tongue vile, I call it lethal and it truly pierces even unto death for the recipient .
Rev.216
16Therefore repent! Otherwise I will come to you shortly and wage war against them with the sword of My mouth.

Reactions: reformed1689

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We went to a strict Presbyterian church one time and I adopted at least some of their values: they were very strictly against women teachers in accordance with Paul's admonition that he "does not allow a woman to teach." Yet we see more and more women teachers.

What is your take on this?

A movement has taken hold of the church that has coincided with the feminist movement. With their demand for female leaders, the church said "Yes why not" and began to overturn the teaching of scripture. This doesn't surprise me as when I applied for membership in one church I was attending they gave me a book of rules and beliefs to follow and 31 of them were not even in scripture.

When I study anything I first and foremost start with what the scripture says and then follow that up with what others say. If what others say does not resonate with what the scripture says, I ditch it.

This is how I approached my 2-year study of the life and times of the New Testament Church. Once completed, it was a standout that men were chosen by God to lead and teach the church. I looked up all the verses that talked about leadership in the church (there were 23 of them) and everyone spoke of Apostles, Prophets, and Elders (not pastors).

The two letters that speak directly to the subject of leadership, Timothy and Titus make it very clear that leadership was male as in they are to be the husband of one wife. How can a woman be the husband of one wife? Another says that they have to rule their household well. At the time of writing, ONLY men ruled their households. Today it is a case of I am the boss in my house because my wife says so.

So we should not be surprised that the scripture says women should not teach. That does not mean women cannot teach. My wife is a teacher but she NEVER teaches men. Her specialty is teaching women about prayer and how to pray.

You can do this, that and the other if it takes your fancy but unless it lines up with scripture you are flogging a dead horse as God does not bless that which he does not approve.