SHOULD YOU FEAR DEATH?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
It is a scary thing when we are so sure of ourselves that we do not even fear the judgment of God anymore.

Some will go to glory, and some to shame.

If it is our doctrine that has done this, we should be careful, as the doctrine of the Pharisees also 'guaranteed' them salvation. "We are the sons of Abraham". If we are Christ's we must be showing forth his fruit, and doing his works.

There are two reasons why a person would fear God's judgment. 1.) The person has no intention of repenting, even though they know what they are doing is wrong and that God exist. 2.) The person believes that God is unjust, so no matter what they do God will condemn them.

The person who loves to what is right in God’s sight but knows that it is not the good that he or she does is what earn them salvation will have no fear of God’s judgment. Christians should know that they are being judged God now.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
I do agree that we should not worry about it, and trust the Lord.

But we must also understand that we must run the race well, and build with the right materials. The builders are those who are in Christ, and we must be careful to build well.

I'm not saying we should worry and frett, we should trust the Lord. But we should be evaluating and seeking to be building with the right materials. We must also understand that until we are just as Christ is, we have not yet attained, and we shouldn't make God's judgments for him. He will judge us when the time comes. In the meantime we joyfully run our race. :)

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
I do agree that we should not worry about it, and trust the Lord.

But we must also understand that we must run the race well, and build with the right materials. The builders are those who are in Christ, and we must be careful to build well.

I'm not saying we should worry and frett, we should trust the Lord. But we should be evaluating and seeking to be building with the right materials. We must also understand that until we are just as Christ is, we have not yet attained, and we shouldn't make God's judgments for him. He will judge us when the time comes. In the meantime we joyfully run our race. :)

If a person is truly converted they will desire to live a life that is pleasing to God.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Agreed! But backsliding is always a possibility... The weeds of the cares of this world can choke out a plant even if it has already grown some.

We should not judge anything before it's time. We should run diligently keeping our eyes on the Lord, and do so joyfully, but not thinking 'it's a done deal', when our race isn't even over yet!

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Agreed! But backsliding is always a possibility... The weeds of the cares of this world can choke out a plant even if it has already grown some.

We should not judge anything before it's time. We should run diligently keeping our eyes on the Lord, and do so joyfully, but not thinking 'it's a done deal', when our race isn't even over yet!

When one is focused on what is ahead them they have no time to look backward.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Once again, I agree.

But humility dictates that we understand we may backslide, lose focus. Until we have run our race, and come to it's completion, until it is over, we cannot judge ourselves to have made it yet! :)

We continue out of love for God, and in hope of hearing 'well done, good and faithful servant' at the end.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Once again, I agree.

But humility dictates that we understand we may backslide, lose focus. Until we have run our race, and come to it's completion, until it is over, we cannot judge ourselves to have made it yet! :)

We continue out of love for God, and in hope of hearing 'well done, good and faithful servant' at the end.

For me, that would be entertaining doubt....we are to have confidence in our journey with God.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Our character is not assured. We are to have confidence in God, yes... But not in ourselves. Thus the warnings and rebukes of the Lord are important, because we need them! :)

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Our character is not assured. We are to have confidence in God, yes... But not in ourselves. Thus the warnings and rebukes of the Lord are important, because we need them! :)

It's not in me that I have confidence in it is in God.

Philippians 1:6 (ASV)
[sup]6 [/sup]being confident of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Not everyone needs rebuking only the spiritually immature.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Yet even Peter made a mistake that needed correction, and Paul exhorted him. :)

This is in no way an attack, brother. Only we must understand, as Paul did, that humility is something we must always walk in, and we cannot judge anything, including ourselves, before the time. We are to wait for the Lord's judgment.

Paul knew, that though he could of been considered very mature, and had preached the gospel to many, he could be rejected. And because of this, he was diligent in running his race to the end. Even a good runner can trip.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Yet even Peter made a mistake that needed correction, and Paul exhorted him. :)

This is in no way an attack, brother. Only we must understand, as Paul did, that humility is something we must always walk in, and we cannot judge anything, including ourselves, before the time. We are to wait for the Lord's judgment.

Paul knew, that though he could of been considered very mature, and had preached the gospel to many, he could be rejected. And because of this, he was diligent in running his race to the end. Even a good runner can trip.

I am sure Peter leant from it. But I am not saying that a spiritually mature person is perfect only that they don't need correcting the way some others would.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Tom
Your are very foolish nto to fear God. We all should "our delight is in teh fear of trhe Lord>"

Matthew 10:28
"Fear not htat which can destroy the body but that which can destroy the soul." God has the power to destroy your very soul

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Tom
Your are very foolish nto to fear God. We all should "our delight is in teh fear of trhe Lord>"

Matthew 10:28
"Fear not htat which can destroy the body but that which can destroy the soul." God has the power to destroy your very soul

Again, t, if you want to fear Him be my guest, I can read and I understand the context of the verse you quoted.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
We all have need to fear the Lord and to hear his word, and we have need of growing more, until we attain the full stature of Christ.

We should not be haughty, but humble, seeking to be conformed to him and to run diligently. Even the faithful servant, mature and all, says 'we have only done what is required of us'. Even Peter, at the end of his life, considered himself unworthy to be crucified as his master. Is this character in us? Or do we just consider that he went overboard?

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
I'll fear God if I want to and i don't ahve to be anybody's guest Tom!

Prentis
You said "attain the ful stature of Christ."
We can't do this, not of us can, I don't think we can even recieve such a thing. I think there is onyl room for one Christ and even if we enter into his kingdom we shall never be that high.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Ephesians 4:13
till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;

God has asked nothing of us that he has not or will not empower us to do, what is impossible with man is possible with God. As a body, if we come together in maturity, and seek him with all our hearts, we an indeed arrive at this. This is the end, when the bride is presented without spot or wrinkle, when she has been tested fully and refined in the fire.

This process must also go on in our life. It is not that we become great, but rather we decrease, until there is nothing of us, and only Christ in us. Thus it is no longer us who live, but Christ who lives in us, and then we are as he is.