SHOULD YOU FEAR DEATH?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
SHOULD YOU FEAR DEATH?
The truth should set you free
John 8:32
And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free .”
This is the truth
John 5:24
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
A Christian whom is being lead by the Spirit does not have to fear the judgment because we have already passed from death; the judgment is not for us. When Jesus returns He will not judge the saints; the saints will be changed and rise up to meet Jesus in the air.
Greek Strong's Number: 2920
Greek Word: κρίσις
Transliteration: krisis
Root: perhaps a primitive word
Cross Reference: TDNT - 3:941,469
Part of Speech: n f
Vine's Words: Condemn, Condemnation, Judgment
decision (subject or object, for or against); by extension a tribunal; by implication justice (specially divine law) :- accusation, condemnation, damnation, judgment.
The context of what Jesus is saying is that he/she will not be judged against, because they believed. This is the person whom God is calling, because one cannot come to Jesus apart from God calling him or her. It is not naturally in human beings to seek God.
John 6:44
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
Jeremiah 10:23
O LORD, I know the way of man is not in himself; It is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.
Jesus says that the believer/Christian right now already has eternal life. That person has pass from death to life….do you believe Him?
God has not given his people a spirit of fear
2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
The fear that one might have does not come from God, but from the world. People with out hope beyond this life fears death, because they don’t want to lose the most priceless thing they have, which is life. The believer does not have to fear dying, because they not only have life, they have eternal life.
To have eternal life, is to have the very life that God has; life without beginning or end.….even if one were to die now, to God we are not dead but merely waiting for the time when He will call and they will answer and rise up, never to die again.
Job 14:14-15 (GW)
[sup]14 [/sup]“If a person dies, will he go on living? I will wait for my relief to come as long as my hard labor continues.
[sup]15 [/sup]You will call, and I will answer you. You will long for the person your hands have made.
But there is hope even for the unsaved dead
John 5:27-29
27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. 28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
At first glance one might assume that this (verse 28) is talking only about Christians, but a closer observation you will see that it’s not just talking about the dead in Christ alone, because it says “all those in the grave….” All those in the grave mean everyone who has died will be resurrected.
Here are some examples of this
For the sake of saving space I will only post the book and chapter where it can be found.
Ezekiel 37:1-14, Mathew 12: 41- 42
The House of Israel all the Gentile nations who have died in sin will be brought back to life, at the Last Great Day. The Last Great Day is the day after the Millennial rule of Jesus and the saints. The resurrection of “Damnation” is an improper translation, it should be Judgment.
But it is not a condemning judgment but sort of like being given a test, and at the end of the test, one is given a grade. It is only bad if you have failed to pass the test- so it is with the resurrection of judgment. From the moment that they are brought back to life there period of judgment will begin, just as it is now for the Church.
1 Peter 4:17
For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
The word that is used in the Greek that is translated Judgment or Condemnation are similar to each other and mean the same thing.
John 5:27-29
Greek Strong's Number: 2920
Greek Word: κρίσις
Transliteration: krisis
Root: perhaps a primitive word
Cross Reference: TDNT - 3:941,469
Part of Speech: n f
Vine's Words: Condemn, Condemnation, Judgment
Greek Word: κρίμα
Transliteration: krima
Cross Reference: TDNT - 3:942,469
Part of Speech: n n
from <G2919> (krino); a decision(the function or the effect, for or against [“crime”]) :- avenge, condemned, condemnation, damnation, + go to law, judgment.
When properly understood we can see that the unsaved dead are not lost….they are not saved either. They are awaiting the second resurrection, where they will be offered salvation for the very first time. This is something we should all rejoice in to know; all our friends and loved ones that have died and never knew God, never knew what is means to repent will have their day of salvation.....this is good news.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
I do not believe that is right, Buzzfruit. The second ressurection is for the nations, I agree. But that is not when they will be offered salvation. Salvation is Christ, but he gives himself to who he wishes, not the other way around. :)

What I'm saying is this; look at the parable of the sheep and the goats. They are judged according to their deeds. Neither of them knew Christ, but both were judged according to how they treated him.

I understand it to be like this: at the first ressurection, those who knew God are judged, some to eternal glory, and others to shame, cast into outer darkness. At the second ressurection, the nations are judged, some to eternal life (not glory), and others to the second death.

Blessings in the Lord, brother

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
I do not believe that is right, Buzzfruit. The second ressurection is for the nations, I agree. But that is not when they will be offered salvation. Salvation is Christ, but he gives himself to who he wishes, not the other way around. :)

What I'm saying is this; look at the parable of the sheep and the goats. They are judged according to their deeds. Neither of them knew Christ, but both were judged according to how they treated him.

Weill it’s not so much like a parable it is more like sheep and the goat symbolically represents two sets of people. These people from all walks of life, back-ground from the time of Adam right down to Just before the kingdom of God is set up. These people will live again and will live a normal life....in that they will be mortal except that the Spirit of God will be offered to them. You see the thing is this; they need the Holy Spirit to be living in them in order to inherit eternal life. Without the Holy Spirit all one would have is their old evil nature and one cannot repent or enter the kingdom of God with their natural nature. Just like us, they too will need a New Nature and the Holy Spirit will become their New Nature. The scripture say we have been partakers of His divine Nature. So so it will be for those who will be in the second resurrection. And they just like us will need time to grow and develop spiritually and at end of that unspecified length of time a judgment will be rendered (The WhiteThrone Judgment) based on what they have done....good or bad.

I understand it to be like this: at the first ressurection, those who knew God are judged, some to eternal glory, and others to shame, cast into outer darkness. At the second ressurection, the nations are judged, some to eternal life (not glory), and others to the second death.

Blessings in the Lord, brother

No that's not correct. Those in the first resurrection will only be those who will be glorified. The second resurrection is for the masses of humanity who either never heard of Jesus or simply were not interested. The third resurrection is for those who knew exactly what they were being offered but still rejected it. The Bible does not always mentioned the plan of God in an orderly way, like 1,2, 3. Remember the scripture says, "Here a little and their a little"- Isaiah 28:10. So in some cases it is like John 5:29 mentions both as if they happen at the same time but they do not.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Yes, you should fear death. Think about what would happen to your soul if you die this very instant and repent, repent, repent even if you can't think of many sins because we all commit sin without even knowing it but we are still accountable for it.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't fear death.... I don't want the pain that comes with it, nor do I want my loved ones to go through it. But I don't fear it. I would hate to see my wife and my friends go through the pain of missing me, as I would of them. But no.... I don't fear death.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I remember my Grandpa, as he was getting very frail and old and near his death...he said "I don't mind dying...I just don't want to be there!" He died, and in a way we were thankful, because by the end he was in so much pain, his body just not working any more. As he was such a wonderful Christian person, we have no doubt were he is now.
I think it's natural to fear death...as in, the process of dying. It's usually painful and unpleasant. But as Christians we don't need to fear what is on the other side! Jesus sweated blood before His death...granted not many of us will face a death so horrible, but Jesus, even knowing the importance of what He was about to do, feared both the death and I suppose the part when His Father turned His face away. And yet He bowed to His Father anyway..."not my will, but yours". I love that so much, and when things get hard in life, I think about that..."not my will, but God's". Death will come to all of us, and it may be unpleasant, or painful. But that's not what we should be focusing on. We focus on Jesus and remember that while we suffer 'a little while', ultimately, we will see Him if we love Him!

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Yes, you should fear death. Think about what would happen to your soul if you die this very instant and repent, repent, repent even if you can't think of many sins because we all commit sin without even knowing it but we are still accountable for it.

Then I feel sorry for you. I would suggest for you to study the God’s word because Jesus said the truth will set you free.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Death we should not fear, but the Lord, yes. When the time comes we will all go to judgment, and each will be rewarded according to his works.

Weill it’s not so much like a parable it is more like sheep and the goat symbolically represents two sets of people. These people from all walks of life, back-ground from the time of Adam right down to Just before the kingdom of God is set up. These people will live again and will live a normal life....in that they will be mortal except that the Spirit of God will be offered to them. You see the thing is this; they need the Holy Spirit to be living in them in order to inherit eternal life. Without the Holy Spirit all one would have is their old evil nature and one cannot repent or enter the kingdom of God with their natural nature. Just like us, they too will need a New Nature and the Holy Spirit will become their New Nature. The scripture say we have been partakers of His divine Nature. So so it will be for those who will be in the second resurrection. And they just like us will need time to grow and develop spiritually and at end of that unspecified length of time a judgment will be rendered (The WhiteThrone Judgment) based on what they have done....good or bad.

No that's not correct. Those in the first resurrection will only be those who will be glorified. The second resurrection is for the masses of humanity who either never heard of Jesus or simply were not interested. The third resurrection is for those who knew exactly what they were being offered but still rejected it. The Bible does not always mentioned the plan of God in an orderly way, like 1,2, 3. Remember the scripture says, "Here a little and their a little"- Isaiah 28:10. So in some cases it is like John 5:29 mentions both as if they happen at the same time but they do not.

Interesting, Buzzfruit. I do see the Bible talking about two ressurections, not three. And Paul, speaking of the house of God, says some will go to honor and some dishonor, glory, and shame.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Death we should not fear, but the Lord, yes. When the time comes we will all go to judgment, and each will be rewarded according to his works.

Interesting, Buzzfruit. I do see the Bible talking about two ressurections, not three. And Paul, speaking of the house of God, says some will go to honor and some dishonor, glory, and shame.

The Bible does mentions three but the first and the second are the most important. The first resurrection is for the dead in Christ, which includes the profits of old. The second resurrection is for those who never repented and died. I believe that age or period and everyone in that age will last and live a hundred years. The third resurrection is for those who as I said know what they were offered but willingly rejected it. During the millennium not everyone will accept their destiny; a few will livie their life and die without really repenting. Then you have those who will be in the second resurrection; in that group they too will have to decide what they are going to do with their life. And since God will not force repentance on them either some will not repent either. Those in the millennium who lived and died and did not repent and those after the millennium that lived again but never repented the second time around, will be sentence to the second death. Not many in terms of those who will be in glory will reject their destiny.

Once all the above has been accomplished then comes the beginning.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
I have no issue with what you say but one thing. The rest, though I don't understand it that way, I see no objection to it, and really, it doesn't matter. :)

My only issue is with what you say about the second ressurection, that they will be offered salvation. But Christ speaks of the second ressurection, and says they will be judged according to their deeds. The parable of the sheep and the goats is what I'm talking about. He says it is the judgment of the NATIONS, ie, second ressurection.

The thing is, God doesn't need man to know Jesus' name to be saved, he needs man to love, and then HE will judge them righteous, as he does with the sheep. My issue with it is that it seems to me to present once again a gospel where salvation is based on some sort of 'accepting Christ', which is false.

Again, if I understood you wrong, correct me, I don't mean this as an accusation in any sense. Only of what I understood, the understanding given is wrong. :)

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
I have no issue with what you say but one thing. The rest, though I don't understand it that way, I see no objection to it, and really, it doesn't matter. :)

My only issue is with what you say about the second ressurection, that they will be offered salvation. But Christ speaks of the second ressurection, and says they will be judged according to their deeds. The parable of the sheep and the goats is what I'm talking about. He says it is the judgment of the NATIONS, ie, second ressurection.

A lot of Christians believe that judgment means to condemn, it does not. Judgment simply means to make a decision...for or against. We make judgments everyday. For example, when we go to the grocery store to buy grocery or what school to send your child to and so on. Those people in the second resurrection will be given a period of time live. But this time they will know that God is the true and only God. They will know that it was God who raised them from the dead. Jesus said they will hear the voice of God and come forth. You see a lot of people have died while they either were a fetus in their mother's womb, a little toddler or even as an adult that never heard about Jesus. Would God be just and condemn these people for being conceived or born at a place and time where the truth was not available to them?

The thing is, God doesn't need man to know Jesus' name to be saved, he needs man to love, and then HE will judge them righteous, as he does with the sheep. My issue with it is that it seems to me to present once again a gospel where salvation is based on some sort of 'accepting Christ', which is false.

No, that's not true. The Bible says there is no other name than Jesus' given among men where anyone can be saved. No one can be saved by doing good......you can't earn salvation.

Acts 4:10-12 (ESV)
[sup]10 [/sup]let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead—by him this man is standing before you well.
[sup]11 [/sup]This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone.
[sup]12 [/sup]And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
[sup]8 [/sup]For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
[sup]9 [/sup]Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
You forget that 'it is not the hearer of the law, but the doer of the law that is justified'.
You are confusing the fact that we are saved by grace through faith, thus not by trying to follow the law, but by following Christ, hereby fulfilling the law with the idea that there is no works, and man must do nothing. Of course Jesus is the only name by which one may be saved. But do we decide who he has mercy on, or does HE?

The thing is what you are saying doesn't work with the parable of the sheep and the goats. The sheep did not know when they served the Lord, and yet they were justified. One doesn't have to know the facts to enter into love. They can't be saints, but they can be righteous. The goats did not know when they did evil to the Lord, yet they are condemned, because they have a conscience and are able to choose love. The doctrine of total depravity is false, otherwise it wouldn't say 'ask, seek, knock.' We may choose to hear the warning of the law or our conscience and do right.

It is also clear when Paul says that the Gentiles are a LAW unto themselves by their conscience. One does not need literal written down law to be righteous.

[sup]37[/sup] “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? [sup]38[/sup] When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? [sup]39[/sup] Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ [sup]40[/sup] And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
You forget that 'it is not the hearer of the law, but the doer of the law that is justified'.
You are confusing the fact that we are saved by grace through faith, thus not by trying to follow the law, but by following Christ, hereby fulfilling the law with the idea that there is no works, and man must do nothing. Of course Jesus is the only name by which one may be saved. But do we decide who he has mercy on, or does HE?

The thing is what you are saying doesn't work with the parable of the sheep and the goats. The sheep did not know when they served the Lord, and yet they were justified. One doesn't have to know the facts to enter into love. They can't be saints, but they can be righteous. The goats did not know when they did evil to the Lord, yet they are condemned, because they have a conscience and are able to choose love. The doctrine of total depravity is false, otherwise it wouldn't say 'ask, seek, knock.' We may choose to hear the warning of the law or our conscience and do right.

It is also clear when Paul says that the Gentiles are a LAW unto themselves by their conscience. One does not need literal written down law to be righteous.

[sup]37[/sup] “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? [sup]38[/sup] When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? [sup]39[/sup] Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ [sup]40[/sup] And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

I have did a small Bible study on God's plan of salvation and I post it on in the Bible Study forum.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

You may fear death if you chose, I do not. I do not "fear" God either.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
It is a scary thing when we are so sure of ourselves that we do not even fear the judgment of God anymore.

Some will go to glory, and some to shame.

If it is our doctrine that has done this, we should be careful, as the doctrine of the Pharisees also 'guaranteed' them salvation. "We are the sons of Abraham". If we are Christ's we must be showing forth his fruit, and doing his works.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
There seems to be this 'fear' of saying that we fear him... A funny thing.

[sup]9[/sup] Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. [sup]10[/sup] For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. [sup]11[/sup] Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.

As opposed to the modern opinion, it is not us who accept him, but him who accepts us, and that is, after we have run our race. :)
Just a thought...

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
There seems to be this 'fear' of saying that we fear him... A funny thing.
As opposed to the modern opinion, it is not us who accept him, but him who accepts us, and that is, after we have run our race.
Just a thought...

him who accepts us, and that is, after we have run our race. We have taken the first action of getting into the race.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Yes. He calls us into the race, and we must choose to respond. But we must also then choose to abide. :) And move forward into the promised land... Adding to our faith...