Shroud of Turin: Absolute proof the man seen in it is Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We generally have other kinds of trolls, but not too many Catholic trolls.

At least not for a very long time. They don't last long...especially when it is obsessive...they get 'helped out of the door' by one of the Mod ...they will 'let him run' for a while.

Reactions: Enoch111

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well Sir/Madam... You joined this site at 3:14 am... It is now 6:50 am... and you already have 31 messages...
all promoting Catholicism which is fine... I recognize the attitude of SUPERIORITY...

I have learned my lesson... been there... done that... so Bless you NEW person... but I am going to opt for my IGNORE feature yet once again.

No worries ..this kind of obsession soon gets removed for what is called "Flooding" and not allowed.....a Mod with 'open the door for him' shortly... :D

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My concern is not whether the Shroud is valid, -- which it is...
It is very doubtful whether that shroud is from the time of Christ. Quotes below are from
https://www.history.com/news/shroud-turin-facts

1. The earliest historical records of the Shroud of Turin place it in Lirey, France during the 1350s.

2. Around 1389, Pierre d’Arcis—the bishop of Troyes, France—sent a report to Pope Clement VII claiming an artist had confessed to forging the shroud. Furthermore, d’Arcis claimed the dean of the Lirey church knew it was a fake and had used it to raise money anyway. In response, the pope declared the shroud wasn’t the true burial cloth of Christ.

3. In 1502, the house of Savoy placed the shroud in the Sainte-Chapelle in Chambéry, which is now part of France. In 1532, a fire broke out in the chapel. It melted part of the silver in the container protecting the shroud, and this silver fell onto part of the shroud, burning through it. The burn marks and the water stains from where the fire was extinguished are still visible today.

4. In the 1970s, the Shroud of Turin Research Project said the markings on the cloth were consistent with a crucified body and that the stains were real human blood. In 1988, one group of scientists said their analysis showed the shroud originated between 1260 and 1390, while another said their analysis showed it originated between 300 B.C. and A.D. 400. In 2018, researchers used forensic techniques to argue the blood stains on the shroud couldn’t have come from Christ.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry
...but your shroud post is not the first one we have ever had here Y A W N .
And I am sure it wont be the last ...you will find very few takers on your "absolute proof " belief.

Its the first one that shows the Sacred Heart of Jesus on the Shroud along with Mary. This Luke person visited me 17 years ago, too. Read the first sentence.

luke2.jpg

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I read the book and have watched a number of documentary programmes about the shroud of Turin and for years I hoped it was real. But after watching a programme where they actually produced a similar image using material and equipment that would have been available to the forger I now believe it is a very clever forgery.

Reactions: Helen

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New I read the book and have watched a number of documentary programmes about the shroud of Turin and for years I hoped it was real. But after watching a programme where they actually produced a similar image using material and equipment that would have been available to the forger I now believe it is a very clever forgery.

No Barrie debunked them all. And he is full blown Jewish.

[/quote]

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read the book and have watched a number of documentary programmes about the shroud of Turin and for years I hoped it was real. But after watching a programme where they actually produced a similar image using material and equipment that would have been available to the forger I now believe it is a very clever forgery.

Yep. A forgery which has a "negative" before negatives were conceived, a "hologram" before lasers were conceived; and SEM (scanning electron microscopy) evidence before SEM's were created; etc., etc.

And it's not salvation dependent, but it is a legitimate Historical Artifact. -- I shared an office with one of the STRUP (1978 Shroud of Turin Research Project) investigators. And this world renown Chemist went in as a skeptic but came out convinced, based upon Scientific Evidence.

Bobby Jo

Reactions: Marymog

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Scientific Evidence" .... of man ? From men ? Controlled by men ? Falsified so often it is unbelievable when someone first realizes this ?

Only if proven true by God's Word, only then believe it. Test it thoroughly, ongoing, until proven true or false by God's Word. (as written )

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Sir/Madam... You joined this site at 3:14 am... It is now 6:50 am... and you already have 31 messages...
all promoting Catholicism which is fine... I recognize the attitude of SUPERIORITY...

I have learned my lesson... been there... done that... so Bless you NEW person... but I am going to opt for my IGNORE feature yet once again.
Cool! (Good). and thanks for the warning.... to warn daily of such things as this is recommended to do, in Scripture, - a safeguard against being (unwittingly) deceived.....

On the other hand, is this really a deception ? >> Notice (the first red flag) the poster says it is the "catholic Jesus", not the true Jesus.
Like just noticed in another post about this - , a lot of 'catholic' stuff associated with it - from tradition of course, opposed to Truth.
shroud of turin & how to tell its the catholic jesus

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if he had a Protestant empty cross there, instead of two hearts, I would start to question my religion.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if he had a Protestant empty cross there, instead of two hearts, I would start to question my religion.

God Works in Mysterious Ways. Anything to provide a way of salvation - healing - freedom ...... escape from deception.

... ... ... ...
p.s.
Well, only that which is directed by God, not "anything".....

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the best proof that the story about Jesus is totally true is found in the Shroud. But I found a lot more!!! All b/c I looked and asked God what am I missing here. I wanted to know what religion he identified with so I can come back and shut people up.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the best proof that the story about Jesus is totally true is found in the Shroud. But I found a lot more!!! All b/c I looked and asked God what am I missing here. I wanted to know what religion he identified with so I can come back and shut people up.
That's not proof at all, and it is too much contradicting truth - too much contrary to all Scripture to even consider evidence of anything other than deception. Whatever you were seeking, you did not find the truth , so keep seeking,
in line with God's Word, not in man's stories and fables and deceptions, if you want to ever know the truth.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not proof at all, and it is too much contradicting truth -.

Jesus Shroud should be the better proof that hes real. Which is the only thing that really matter to unbelievers, but even you guys doubt it. So if you can't stand his Truth then I don't know what to say other than.... good luck with that.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Shroud should be the better proof that hes real. Which is the only thing that really matter to unbelievers, but you you guys, even doubt it.

God's Word says otherwise. What is false, cannot and should not be used to "prove" or as "proof" of anything.
Except like here, using what is false, it is proven how many follow and believe what is false (they say so), instead of seeking the truth and instead of believing the truth.

So, no, it is not at all better proof of anything, except continued deception and people's gullibility and/or willingness to follow false teachers and false signs. (very common, btw)

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you speak to Atheist he says 'man wrote the bible'.. but who wrote the Shroud?

Checkmate buddy.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you speak to Atheist man wrote the bible.. but who wrote the Shroud?

Checkmate buddy.
If you speak to God, God Authored the Bible, and great deceivers "wrote the (fake) shroud".

The way that seems right , to those deceived, is the road to destruction.

Why keep going that way ?

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the Shroud tells you which religion to be in.

I have all the moves thought out.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and great deceivers "wrote the (fake) shroud".

Why keep going that way ?

You must be one of those ignorant fools who never looked at the evidence. Nobody can prove its fake. Its mere existing proves Jesus was God.

THE ONLY QUESTION THAT REMAINED WAS, "WHO WAS HE?". I have answered it.