Sidney incident

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just hearing on our news about a major incident at a Sidney Shopping mall - near or in Bondi.?
Many stabbings and one shooting ( presuming that was the perpetrator )
Any updates from members here from Australia @Angelina @Reggie Belafonte

• Sad
Reactions: TLHKAJ and Nancy

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately it won’t let we play any of the videos or live streams. It did show a photo of the guy, but it doesn’t look like a machete , looks alike an ordinary knife

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like another Muslim practicing Islam again. I've noticed the propagandists leave out such facts. Atttribute behavior to mental health not ideology.

1712997129806.png

Reactions: Jack

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Although I understand the view you mention @Wrangler , I don’t believe it is right to automatically blame the Muslims. Sometimes people do horrible things without being associated with any group.
I found it interesting that he entered the mall and then left and returned, so perhaps something happened while he was in there the first time and then he went back with a weapon.
There have been many attacks where it turns out to be disgruntled employee.

Only time will tell in this case

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although I understand the view you mention @Wrangler , I don’t believe it is right to automatically blame the Muslims. Sometimes people do horrible things without being associated with any group.
I found it interesting that he entered the mall and then left and returned, so perhaps something happened while he was in there the first time and then he went back with a weapon.
There have been many attacks where it turns out to be disgruntled employee.

Only time will tell in this case
It may not have been perpetrated due to Islamic beliefs, but we shouldn't ignore the historical percentages of when they were. Islam is an abomination and their perspectives and objectives are evil.

Reactions: Jack

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It may not have been perpetrated due to Islamic beliefs, but we shouldn't ignore the historical percentages of when they were. Islam is an abomination and their perspectives and objectives are evil.
But it is still wrong to jump to that conclusion in this case and situation

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Got this from oldmate, Copilot.

Here are the notable events in Sydney, Australia today:
  1. Bondi Junction Stabbing Incident:
  2. Sydney Floods:
Please stay informed and take necessary precautions if you’re in the affected areas.

• Sad
Reactions: TLHKAJ

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It’s been confirmed that six people have died, one of them the perpetrator.
Sorry to read about the flooding in the area - are they still in the summer months ( I know it’s summer at Christmas ) or are they heading into autumn - are the rains unusual ?

• Sad

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The news reports and Police interviews have not provided enough factual information to determine or draw any conclusions. That may take a week or two before any real facts will be available.

What I can suggest is that people pray for the welfare of those who have become involved and that the Peace of God may be come real for them.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It’s been confirmed that six people have died, one of them the perpetrator.
Sorry to read about the flooding in the area - are they still in the summer months ( I know it’s summer at Christmas ) or are they heading into autumn - are the rains unusual ?

The normal rains for NSW happen in the winter months and up north the monsoon trough develops during the summer seasons. Cyclones usually get embedded within the low pressure troughs and it is possible for six or more cyclones to develop around the northern coastline.

This year the monsoon trough seems to have made its way all the way down to the NSW Vic border areas which has resulted in flooding rains for many months over this summer season.

When the Low pressure systems break off from the Australian eastern coast, they have tended to end up moving down towards NZ.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ and Rita

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see that a policewoman took down the knife wielding lunatic. Job well done! It's a good thing that at least cops in Australia are allowed to have guns. Not jumping to any conclusions, but I did read on Wikipedia that Jews can be found throughout the Greater Sydney area, although approximately two-thirds reside in the eastern suburbs, from Vaucluse, through Randwick, Bondi and Double Bay, to Darlinghurst-East Sydney, where many of the service organizations are located.

This mass stabbing attack took place at the Westfield Bondi Junction Shopping Centre in Sydney, Australia and the Westfield Bondi Junction Shopping Centre is a prominent retail destination located in the eastern suburbs of Sydney, Australia.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although I understand the view you mention @Wrangler , I don’t believe it is right to automatically blame the Muslims.
Suspect, not blame. Big difference.

And my point is an indictment against the propaganda media who downplay facts that don't fit the narrative, like not mentioning race or religion.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Suspect, not blame. Big difference.

And my point is an indictment against the propaganda media who downplay facts that don't fit the narrative, like not mentioning race or religion.
Yes, point taken Wrangler xx