Silly question, but a thought provoking one:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well pardon me, I didn't know you were appointed the great decider of what people can and cannot answer.

but Is. 44 shows 2 Yahwehs no matter what game of linguistic twister you play.

Yes I do repeat the same answer for that is true grammar. Scripture proves Jesus is redeemer and the Yahweh of Hosts- no matter what you in your lofty position of faux linguistic grand master command us mer mortals.

"the Christ"? You sound very new age Christian with that phraseology. But sorry APAK, you can't get around the language of Is. 44

but out of sincere curiosity, Before Jesus was given His New testament authority as you put it, what did He exist as? Do you believe He is eternal or created?

Ron: you are too much. Two 'YHWHs' you write into Isaiah 44:6, one for the Father and one for the Son (what about the Spirit?.it/he does not do too much, right??.lol) and I cannot get around the language (LOL....LOL) from a person wearing Trinitarian lens. And now 'The Christ' is a new Christian thing!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry that might bring tears. Is this your final answer Ron, as they would say on Jeopardy? (rhetorical)

I'm taking a break from yet again, another amusing and non-productive discussion with you - at this time. There will be another, and you know it.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well pardon me, I didn't know you were appointed the great decider of what people can and cannot answer.

but Is. 44 shows 2 Yahwehs no matter what game of linguistic twister you wish to play. I do repeat
You answered my post twice Ron. You are welcome.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already answered you on your first response by my previous answer. It should be obvious that I already said no. And on the second, you just cannot show anything to the contrary on what I already said. You just keep repeating the same lines based on whimsical thinking. The Christ is not the one called Savior of Israel in the OT. And the Christ is NEVER called YHWH Ron! The Christ is credited in the NT with his new founded authority and granted titles only given by the Father, who is YHWH. And yes, some are the same as the Father holds, only in specific areas and in proper context.
And your last idea or statement has lost meaning for me...don't understand it

Have a great weekend!

I wonder what all the Hebrews scholars who helped translate these translations (not paraphrases or dynamic equivalent translations) know, that you don't???

New Heart English Bible
This is what the LORD, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts, says: "I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.

World English Bible
This is what Yahweh, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, Yahweh of Armies, says: "I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.

Young's Literal Translation
Thus said Jehovah, king of Israel, And his Redeemer, Jehovah of Hosts: 'I am the first, and I the last, And besides Me there is no God.

International Standard Version
This is what the LORD says, the King of Israel and its Redeemer— the LORD of the Heavenly Armies is his name— "I am the first and I am the last, and apart from me there is no God.

JPS Tanakh 1917
Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer the LORD of hosts: I am the first, and I am the last, And beside Me there is no God.

Literal Standard Version
Thus said YHWH, King of Israel, And his Redeemer, YHWH of Hosts: “I [am] the first, and I [am] the last, And besides Me there is no God.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Thus saith the Lord the king of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts: I am the first, and I am the last, and besides me there is no God.

English Revised Version
Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts: I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
This is what the LORD, the King of Israel and its Redeemer, the LORD of Hosts, says: I am the first and I am the last. There is no God but Me.

American Standard Version
Thus saith Jehovah, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, Jehovah of hosts: I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Thus says LORD JEHOVAH, the King of Israel, and his Savior, LORD JEHOVAH of Hosts his Name: “I AM The First and I AM The Last, and there is no god outside of me

Brenton Septuagint Translation
Thus saith God the King of Israel, and the God of hosts that delivered him; I am the first, and I am hereafter: beside me there is no God.

New American Standard Bible
“This is what the LORD says, He who is the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of armies: ‘I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me.

NASB 1995
“Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: ‘I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me.

NASB 1977
“Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel And his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: ‘I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me.

Amplified Bible
“For the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts says this, ‘I am the First and I am the Last; And there is no God besides Me.

King James Bible
Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

New King James Version
“Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God.

Peshitta Holy Bible Translated
Thus says LORD JEHOVAH, the King of Israel, and his Savior, LORD JEHOVAH of Hosts his Name: “I AM The First and I AM The Last, and there is no god outside of me

Lamsa Bible
Thus says the LORD the King of Israel, and his Saviour, the LORD of hosts: I am the first and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.

A Faithful Version
Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel, and His Redeemer even the LORD of hosts, 'I am the first, and I am the last; and besides Me there is no God.

Darby Bible Translation
Thus saith Jehovah, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, Jehovah of hosts: I [am] the first, and I [am] the last, and beside me there is no God.

King James 2000 Bible
Thus says the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.

New Heart English Bible
This is what the LORD, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts, says: "I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.

World English Bible
This is what Yahweh, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, Yahweh of Armies, says: "I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.

American King James Version
Thus said the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

One thing you seem to forget is that God inspired the words written by Isaiah. If He was just referring to HImself, then calling HImself Yahweh twice in one passage is a grammatic redundancy, and God does not dabble in redundancies.

And the construct in Hebrew does not and cannot connote both descritives of Yahweh (king and redeemer) refer to one single person! Checked th ework of one who is a native Hebrew speaker, and has a bachelors in Hebrew Grammar who is also a Jewish believer- He also says you are wrong. and He was the son of a rebbe, studying to take his fathers plkace as patriarchal rabbi when he got saved.

Reactions: BarneyFife

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"FOR BY HIM ALL THINGS WERE CREATED THAT ARE IN HEAVEN AND THAT ARE IN EARTH, VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE, WHETHER THEY BE THRONES, OR DOMINIONS, OR PRINCIPALITIES, OR POWERS: ALL THINGS WERE CREATES BY HIM AND FOR HIM." COL. 1:16, 17

JW's believe Jesus is Michael, a created being. Yet the above scripture says Jesus created all things, even angels. So did He create Himself? No. He created Michael.
Jesus is the TRUTH, the LIGHT, the LIFE. Again if you claim was created, you are inadvertently claiming that TRUTH, LIFE, and LIGHT did not exist before Jesus.
He is the Alpha and Omega, who is, who was and is to come, the Almighty." Rev. 1:8. Verse 7 precedes this veese thay claims He is coming in the clouds - as He departed. Rev. 1:12-18 describes John's vision of Jesus and He reiterates that He is the first and last.

As for 1 Cor. 11:3, the head of Christ is God, since He is God. The heart of Christ is God, the Spirit of Christ is God. Jesus, the Son of Man was submissive and obedient to His Father, while He temporarily relinquished His glory as God. After He accomplished His purpose on earth, His glory as God returned. He said I and the Father are one. How could any angel say that. Hebrews 1 tells us Jesus is above all angels. Even the Father calls Jesus God.
The Father never said to any angel, "You are my Son, today I have Fathered you" ( vs. 5)
"And when again He brings His First born into the world He says,

"Let all the angels worship Him"
(vs. 6)

The Father shows a distinction between the angels and Jesus:
"And regarding the angels He says, "He makes His angels winds and His ministers a flame of fire". But regarding the Son He says, "Your throne O God, is forever and ever and tje septer of righteousness us the septer if His Kingdom".

The FATHER SON and HOLY SPIRIT are One Elohim that wreck havoc on the carnal human mind.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way I resolve this issue? You're all God's problem, not mine.
Moses: "They won't listen and all they want to do is argue."
Yahweh: "Tell Me something I don't know...sigh!"
"If you agree with me, you're alright!"
"If you disagree with me, You're wrong!"
It's this way because I said so! If you disagree with me, you're wrong, stupid, ugly, and your mother dresses you funny!
Truman has spoken...so let it be written! Lol

And your Brother David is laughing - thank you

Reactions: BarneyFife

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am unable to do that David. I guess I never questioned it, so I will state that as far as I know he was a spirit being prior to coming to earth as a human, and returned to his former state when he returned to heaven. That is either fact or fiction sir, you make the choice.

Well, here is a Godly Quest for you to find the answer in Scripture.

That is actually a pretty deep topic.
Depending on how you look at it, in the Old and New Testament there is some disagreement on this.

The New Testament seems to hand everything over to Christ, including the creation of the World. To the point that there is really nothing left for Yahweh. He is more or less the Janitor sweeping the hallways of Heaven. Christ is the Almighty God. John places Christ at creation and creating the world…..The Logos, which kicks off a debate.

The Old Testament does not agree with that. One God stated over and over again, one God and no one like Him. Christ and the Holy Spirit not in the Old Testament….The Jewish religion is strictly monolithic.

The Apostle’s Creed, a statement of faith, also disagrees with John and Christ disagrees with John saying, The Father is greater then I. You are not going see Yeshua as a named God that works with and converses with Yahweh in the Old Testament.

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@David in NJ, if you read Col 1:9-20, in depth, what do you think is the primary reason for Paul writing to the congregation at Colosse?

Thanks

Reactions: David in NJ

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Charlie. I answered your question. Accept it or not. It’s up to you.
If by "answered" you mean "artfully dodged," then, yes, you answered it.

Is there where I say thank you for your opinion?
Suit yourself.
For the record, I don’t think I misinterpreted but took what you said differently than you meant.
And, for the record, I don't think you misinterpret Scripture, but that you take what it says differently than what it means.

Sound much like a distinction without a difference?

Christian forum activity seems to be fraught with an unwritten but understood presupposition that a skillfully formulated assertion or objection is the last word in a debate or discussion. I'm unimpressed.

Christ's method is simple. Go about doing good.

Like you, they want me to focus on how much fun they had.
All I did was quote Scripture.
Galileo famously said, I refuse to believe in a God who would give us a mind and then forgo its use.
Galileo was either guilty of all-or-nothing thinking or hyperbole or both.

I've said it before and I think it's time to reiterate that I'm not nearly as desperate to prove that Jesus is God (especially since it is impossible as people don't seem to understand the difference between proof and evidence) as you are to prove that He is not.

In any case, I think I've had about all the "logic" I can take for a while.

:);):cool::p:D:rolleyes:o_O

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is actually a pretty deep topic.
Depending on how you look at it, in the Old and New Testament there is some disagreement on this.

The New Testament seems to hand everything over to Christ, including the creation of the World. To the point that there is really nothing left for Yahweh. He is more or less the Janitor sweeping the hallways of Heaven. Christ is the Almighty God. John places Christ at creation and creating the world…..The Logos, which kicks off a debate.

The Old Testament does not agree with that. One God stated over and over again, one God and no one like Him. Christ and the Holy Spirit not in the Old Testament….The Jewish religion is strictly monolithic.

The Apostle’s Creed, a statement of faith, also disagrees with John and Christ disagrees with John saying, The Father is greater then I. You are not going see Yeshua as a named God that works with and converses with Yahweh in the Old Testament.

You said "The Old Testament does not agree with that." - Are you sure???

Again - ARE YOU SURE???

Again Again - Who told you that???

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@David in NJ, if you read Col 1:9-20, in depth, what do you think is the primary reason for Paul writing to the congregation at Colosse?

Thanks

The same reason for us, now, Today - if you will hear His Voice.

For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10so that you may walk in a manner worthy of the Lord and may please Him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you may have full endurance and patience, and joyfully 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the light.

What a Perfect Prayer - Colossians 1:9-12
Col 1:9-12 is only second to the Lord's Prayer in John 17 and not second to it but a short version of it.

Is there something you are looking for or that jumps off the page to you - please share -ty

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If by "answered" you mean "artfully dodged," then, yes, you answered it.

Suit yourself.

And, for the record, I don't think you misinterpret Scripture, but that you take what it says differently than what it means.

Sound much like a distinction without a difference?

Christian forum activity seems to be fraught with an unwritten but understood presupposition that a skillfully formulated assertion or objection is the last word in a debate or discussion. I'm unimpressed.

Christ's method is simple. Go about doing good.

All I did was quote Scripture.

Galileo was either guilty of all-or-nothing thinking or hyperbole or both.

I've said it before and I think it's time to reiterate that I'm not nearly as desperate to prove that Jesus is God (especially since it is impossible as people don't seem to understand the difference between proof and evidence) as you are to prove that He is not.

In any case, I think I've had about all the "logic" I can take for a while.

:);):cool::p:D:rolleyes:o_O

You said : "Christian forum activity seems to be fraught with an unwritten but understood presupposition that a skillfully formulated assertion or objection is the last word in a debate or discussion. I'm unimpressed."

and again, you guys have your brother David here laughing, because it is so true...............

Thank you for the artful conclusion to the rhetoric that escapes sound logic by doing a disappearing act which fools no one but the main actor.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you did you would have declared who the word is in verse 1

Invalid question no matter how many times you ask it. Words are WHAT’s not WHO’s.

He words of the President are an attribute of the President, not another being related but apart from the man.

Now, know you don’t like that answer but there it is.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said "The Old Testament does not agree with that." - Are you sure???

Again - ARE YOU SURE???

Again Again - Who told you that???

I am positive. In short I explained it. The theme of the Old Testament is not about Yahweh, God the Father, and His Son, Yeshua, God the Son, doing things together, referring to each other, talking to each other. Yeshua as a God is not a theme in the Old Testament. And you can reference the Apostles Creed...for an insight to what the Apostles thought. The Jews were monolithic and still are.

Beliefs, Truths, and Facts. The essay for this is real long so I shortened it.
Students of the Bible and students of History, learn a methodology to determine Confidence Levels. For example, all things considered....we can be sure that George Washington was a real historical figure ....We know his speeches and official government documents. Now what he said at parties and dances and who he slept with, might not have high confidence levels.

Time has a tendency to cause facts to fade, to be diluted, exaggerated and sometimes even modified to accommodate or promote certain beliefs or traditions. It mostly happens to everything. The World Series of Baseball....with umpires and players and 45,000 witnesses at the stadium....millions on TV, 20 million dollars worth of video equipment that can zoom right in, and then 5 seconds after the ball is thrown over the plate, a dispute can arise over exactly where that ball went. After a couple centuries what you can have the most confident in, is that the World Series occurred.

So then we move on to the differences between Beliefs, Truths, and Facts. Here is an example....

A married couple lives in Missouri....the husband is a doctor and the wife is an engineer, her grand-pa was an engineer and he helped design and build a bridge acrossed the Mississippi. She tells her husband that it was one of the best built bridges in its time. Now she is an engineer and she has her grand-pa specs and blue prints for the bridge, and pictures of the construction. She has a well informed belief.

They decided to vacation at her parents home, so they are going to cross that bridge. They are at a restaurant a few miles this side of the bridge and they meet a waiter that lives on the other side of the river and commutes everyday. They get into a conversation about the bridge and the waiter tells them he crosses it everyday. He tells them that it is solid as a rock....high water and barges have no affect on it. This is truth based on physical contact and experiences….truth….there is no way to categorize this as a lie or inaccurate.

Now what the waiter and the couple did not know was that, a primary weld had failed and when they cross the bridge, they will end up in the river. Of course I am going to put a happy ending on it....the River Patrol was handy and they made it and received 40 million from the state and they lived happily ever after.

Now what the wife thought of the bridge was a belief. And it was an educated understanding. She was well versed with the bridge.

What the waiter thought of the bridge was experience. He had crossed that bridge all the time, all his life and knew that it was well maintained and was a pleasure to cross. What he thought of the bridge was truth. Truth backed up by knowing it....seeing it...using it. It never failed.

But the fact was, that it was going to fail. Awareness has a lot to do with facts. Only god knew that bridge was going to fail. This is the confidence levels in anything that happened in the past....looking for facts but knowing you are only going to get so close. In history you are looking for supporting facts, supporting facts and related facts. But sometimes you cannot find them. For example; With Christ being single at 30 years old, we know of no reason that a Jewish leader would talk to Him about God or the Mosaic Law, much less call Him teacher. At being single at 30 years old, everyone would think he was homosexual. For Jews, intentional celibacy and showing no interest in females by the time He was 30 years old, would be like a Christian spiting on the cross. If He opened his mouth and spoke of God they would have stoned Him to death. But they did talk to Him, we just do not know why? So some information gets lost.

In relation to the Bible and disregarding that there is adoration for certain translations. The most accurate facts will be in the photo copies of the oldest texts available of the New Testament. We have no originals. We have some fragments and some completes, most from the third and forth centuries. From there….there have been a lot of fingers in the pie. Church leaders that felt they were the hand of God and they had strong beliefs, that they thought should be in the Bible...and Voila! Razzmatazz! and Bingo! They appear in the translations.

If you want to see something that closely represents the inerrant Word of God....you need to look at these photo copies. (You can buy books of these) If you do not, at times, and depending on the translation you are reading, you might be looking at the errant word of man.

Beliefs, Truths, Facts…….Accuracy levels….Confidence levels. Sometimes beliefs are more accurate than facts….everything is more or less or near accurate. The Trinity can tell you everything about the universe….because the Trinity knows every atom and were it came from and how it was made….But we will never know that, at that level, in this reality. Facts are attached to total awareness….God…as humans we deal at various levels of facts and mostly beliefs and truths.

It is a fact that that the Bible indicates, Christ said you had to hate your mother and father and pretty much everyone else you love, to be His disciple. It is a common belief that that is not exactly the meaning of the scripture. Which would be more accurate. Somewhere behind that verse is a connected context. We might suspect it had something to do with the difficulty Christ was having with getting people to join His ministry.

Then like it or not with biblical understanding, human reason plays a big part. Because without reason, your understanding of the Bible will be like a pin ball hitting one scripture after another. The first thing you have to do is study the over all theme and spirit of the scriptures. Individual scriptures cannot override the over all theme or spirit. You can take them into account but they cannot change the overall theme or spirit of the Bible. Mystical meanings and non-specific scriptures are not definite. It maybe fun for the imagination to run wild but there is no way to form a definite belief from these.

For example Matthew 7:11 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

“Few” from the perspective of the biblical era. Should we give up?

Matthew 19:16-26 Christ tell a young rich man to give away everything he had and follow him. The young rich man declined. And Christ said, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” Then His Apostle asked, Then, who can be saved? And Christ replied, With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

That was the end of the conversation. With nothing else being said, there is nothing that can be gleaned from these scriptures. It is a conversation that happens in the biblical era, that is about it. We can agree that, with God all thing are possible, but how does that relate to this story?

If we take it as a general topic about rich men…the overall theme of the Gospels, is that if you are rich, you better be helping those that are not rich. Is it hard for a rich man to go to heaven or not? Does it depend on something? If it is hard, then God is not using the “all things are possible” rubber stamp

You have to take it for what it is….for a definitive meaning you have to go back to the foundation of the overall theme and spirit of the scripture.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am positive. In short I explained it. The theme of the Old Testament is not about Yahweh, God the Father, and His Son, Yeshua, God the Son, doing things together, referring to each other, talking to each other. Yeshua as a God is not a theme in the Old Testament. And you can reference the Apostles Creed...for an insight to what the Apostles thought. The Jews were monolithic and still are.

You have to take it for what it is….for a definitive meaning you have to go back to the foundation of the overall theme and spirit of the scripture.

Whoever told you that the OT is not about the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is ignorant.
Stay far away from them.

John chapter 1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2He was in the beginning with God.
3All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

4In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not [a]comprehend it.
6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. 8He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9Thathttps://biblehub.com/nkjv/john/1.htm#footnotes was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
10He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11He came to His [c]own, and His [d]own did not receive Him. 12But as many as received Him, to them He gave the [e]right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
15John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me [f]is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ ”
16[g]And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten [h]Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Beliefs, Truths, and Facts. The essay for this is real long so I shortened it.
Students of the Bible and students of History, learn a methodology to determine Confidence Levels. For example, all things considered....we can be sure that George Washington was a real historical figure ....We know his speeches and official government documents. Now what he said at parties and dances and who he slept with, might not have high confidence levels.

Whoever told you that the OT is not about the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is ignorant.
Stay far away from them.

John chapter 1
2He was in the beginning with God.
3All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

4In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not [a]comprehend it.
6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. 8He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
10He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11He came to His [c]own, and His [d]own did not receive Him. 12But as many as received Him, to them He gave the [e]right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
15John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me [f]is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ ”
16[g]And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten [h]Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Bible told me! LOL

And yes I know the scripture in John LOL

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Bible told me! LOL

And yes I know the scripture in John LOL

The Scripture never told you that Friend - never.

John chapter 1
He was in the beginning with God.
All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

"Let Us make man in Our Image according to our Likeness" - Genesis

Read Genesis and make sure you pay close attention to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Let Us make man in Our Image according to our Likeness" - Genesis
We do not know who "Our" is.

This is simple....Gods are not going to be silent in the Scriptures. I have already asked you to produce the proof.

The theme of the Old Testament is not about Yahweh, God the Father, and His Son, Yeshua, God the Son, doing things together, referring to each other, talking to each other. Yeshua as a God is not a theme in the Old Testament. And you can reference the Apostles Creed...for an insight to what the Apostles thought. The Jews were monolithic and still are.

Instead of God saying He is the only God and there is no one like me, I want you to show me God the Father referencing God the Son and God the Holy Spirit and warning people that only these three Gods can be worshipped.....Examples of the Jews worshipping God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

Beyond that, the Gospels show how God the Father and God the Son interacted and referred to each other, and spoke to each other. The fact is that the Old Testament is a lot larger and covers a time period over 61 times longer. I am expecting you should come up with over 100 scriptures of detailed events....including names and specifics of them referring to each other and working together in the Old Testament. There should be several pages putting this into a storyline.

Just so you know....I am not holding my breath.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do not know who "Our" is.

This is simple....Gods are not going to be silent in the Scriptures. I have already asked you to produce the proof.

The theme of the Old Testament is not about Yahweh, God the Father, and His Son, Yeshua, God the Son, doing things together, referring to each other, talking to each other. Yeshua as a God is not a theme in the Old Testament. And you can reference the Apostles Creed...for an insight to what the Apostles thought. The Jews were monolithic and still are.

Instead of God saying He is the only God and there is no one like me, I want you to show me God the Father referencing God the Son and God the Holy Spirit and warning people that only these three Gods can be worshipped.....Examples of the Jews worshipping God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

Beyond that, the Gospels show how God the Father and God the Son interacted and referred to each other, and spoke to each other. The fact is that the Old Testament is a lot larger and covers a time period over 61 times longer. I am expecting you should come up with over 100 scriptures of detailed events....including names and specifics of them referring to each other and working together in the Old Testament. There should be several pages putting this into a storyline.

Just so you know....I am not holding my breath.

Speak for yourself - i know who Us, Our, Our are.

ELOHIM told us, in His Word who THEY are.

PEACE - Read Genesis

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States