Simple recipes thread!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how about using zucchini as the noodle for your lasagne? Slice lengthwise, and put in a colander for a bit so the water will weep out. Use it instead of pasta. Zoodles as well for your spaghetti-- you can eat a bunch , cooked, with marinara, and almost 0 calories.
Gotta love Italian food. It's the best!

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cheesy Beef Rice Casserole

Brown ground beef.

Strain and stir in can of mushroom soup.

Pour cooked rice over that.

Melt shredded cheddar cheese over top.

Done

Reactions: Debp

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I bake for most of my day. When I come home, I dont want to cook much. 5 pm is my cutoff "dont expect me to cook anymore" time, if I can manage it.

It's one thing if you have a lot of time and another thing if you're on a strict schedule.

And to be honest, being on a strict schedule, a popcorn machine, a rice cooker, a slow cooker, blender, and a bread maker have been a few of my favorite things.

Mostly because they require minimal effort to where I don't actually have to care so much. And I like not caring.

A $2 bag of stir fry and some rice is good enough sometimes, and with the right seasoning, surprisingly better than everything else.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone else have simple recipe ideas?
What about chili?

I brown ground beef, add in two cans of kidney beans (drain juice well), add some chopped celery and add in ketchup for the sauce and flavor. You can add a little dried chilli pepper if you like.

The above serves two people for a couple of days.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: thelord's_pearl

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Anyone have a simple recipe of oven-baked, delicious garlic and tomato with extra-virgin olive oil bruschetta? I am craving that to be one of my next simple recipe idea. I looked it up but I'm not sure I got it. Thank you.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just found this lady's YouTube channel. The dish she made seems simple and looks tasty. Just click on watch on YouTube....

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a lot of things we used to do as young singles before I went off to culinary school...(bachelor pad food)

Canned beef stew (not soup)
Open two big cans and pour into a 9x13 or 8x12 glass baking dish. Then get two cans of canned biscuits (I personally like flaky layers or buttermilk) and place them on top of the stew. Don't get stew on the tops of the biscuits.
Bake it all at 375 until the biscuits are brown.
Serves about 4 normal people or 2 hungry single guys.

Then for dessert....
2 bricks of cream cheese and a big can of marshmallow fluff. Mix them together well.

Then get a pudding cake from the deli and make slices to line the bottom of 2 pie tins. Fill with cream cheese/fluff mix. Then get some canned cherry pie filling and top the pies. Two mock cheesecakes coming right ip!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OMG my mom went to a Korean supermarket and bought Kimchi fried rice. I now know how to cook Kimchi fried rice by guessing as a simple recipe!

Kimchi Fried rice
You crack 5 eggs for 2 people and then put down the chopped green onions and wait until the eggs are light yellow and then add steamed rice. Then you need to get Kimchi in a container and pour the kimchi with its cabbage inside the container in the pan and stir-fry it until it's heated enough.
Do you make kimchi at home? Kimchi with steamed rice, or if I'm feeling it with ramen and shrimp, tends to be a usually a daily staple for me. Minimal effort. REALLY cheap to make.

I asked the produce manager to keep napa cabbage in stock for me then I buy her out. I have to order in gochugaru.

Oi muchim is the best though IMO, if you can get it to not taste like pickles...

Learned so much from Maangchi.