Singing in the Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So here is another testimony and this happened today. I was visiting a friend and she suddenly put her hand to her chest and went into her bedroom...I waited a minute then I went to her room and saw her lying on her back in bed with her hand on her chest.
I started to lay hands on her and pray but the Holy Spirit stopped me and instead a beautiful soft song (in my spirit) flowed out...and I didn't stop until the power of the anointing left and she sat up, then stood up and said the pain is gone. She said as soon as you started singing in the Spirit the pain began to leave.

Side note here: ever since I read the book of Psalms I am constantly singing in the Spirit instead of speaking....a member here told me to sing the Book of Psalms way back then when I posted a thread asking how to read Psalms.
I always struggled with reading it because it had no continuous storyline to it.
So I started singing the Psalms and to my surprise I was able to read the whole book and it has now become one of my favorite books.

So I suppose this is why when I pray in the Spirit I always break out in song.
I LOVE THE HOLY SPIRIT!
I give God all the praise and glory.

Last edited:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Curious, how do you know what tune to sing them to ….it’s okay I just tried and I ended up just reading out loud because I didn’t have a clue how to sing the psalm

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have to be honest, although I love hearing of your experiences, and others. I always end up feeling like a plain Jane Christian ………..

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Curious, how do you know what tune to sing them to ….it’s okay I just tried and I ended up just reading out loud because I didn’t have a clue how to sing the psalm
I don't know...it just comes out however the Holy Spirit wants...I noticed I never sing the same tune. I guess that makes it unique to the person or situation.
As Karen Carpenter sang....just sing. :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So here is another testimony and this happened today. I was visiting a friend and she suddenly put her hand to her chest and went into her bedroom...I waited a minute then I went to her room and saw her lying on her back in bed with her hand on her chest.
I started to lay hands on her and pray but the Holy Spirit stopped me and instead a beautiful soft song (in my spirit) flowed out...and I didn't stop until the power of the anointing left and she sat up, then stood up and said the pain is gone. She said as soon as you started singing in the Spirit the pain began to leave.

Side note here: ever since I read the book of Psalms I am constantly singing in the Spirit instead of speaking....a member here told me to sing the Book of Psalms way back then when I posted a thread asking how to read Psalms.
I always struggled with reading it because it had no continuous storyline to it.
So I started singing the Psalms and to my surprise I was able to read the whole book and it has now become one of my favorite books.

So I suppose this is why when I pray in the Spirit I always break out in sing.
I LOVE THE HOLY SPIRIT!
I give God all the praise and glory.
The book of psalms has become very close to me as well over years but even more so recently. I do not sing them, but I certainly do pray them reading carefully each word and line talking to God.

What a mighty God we serve!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonderful testimony, sister! Praise God!!!

I have at times found myself singing in the Spirit (tongues) while in prayer. It's a wonderful experience, very powerful.

I have a friend who sang and played guitar for a few southern gospel groups. He said that each Hebrew letter has a corresponding musical note. Last I heard, he was researching that and had it in his heart to put the scripture to music (not the words, but the musical notes that correspond with the Hebrew letters). He felt that playing and hearing the music would be very healing because it is God-inspired. It's been a few years so idk how far he's gotten in that endeavor.

Last edited: