SinSinSin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
try reading 1 Cor 15 for the definition

Try reading the gospel as written through out the entire New Testament to get all the sense of the “definition” of the gospel.

You are partial in the gospel which leads you to be in error. Your wisdom did not come from above.

James 3:17 KJVS
[17] But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 1:8 KJVS
[8] But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

By “any other gospel” you believe this implies any other gospel than what Paul preached.

So you believe that all the other Apostles (Peter, James, John), by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, preached another gospel. Which means they should be accursed based on your false doctrine.

Boy, you should care. But since you’re Once Saved Always Saved you are free to be reckless with scripture “dividing”

Did I misquote Paul? HE said these things, not me.Take it up with him.My Take is that before Paul got everybody on the same page , there were variations of the Good News .It made no difference as to their POWER to Save, just because there were “different” Gospels in the Times Of Transition From the Law To Grace.ANY Gospel preached by the Disciples That were not Word- For- Word in agreement with Paul’s we’re STILL God- Breathed and Involved Faith in Jesus and His Deity.....
There’s tons of stuff written about what we are discussing ....I’ve seen all sides and I really don’t care enough about the issue to argue about It......Call me shallow, but I know the Gospel That Save ME, and that’s all I am concerned with.....

Reactions: ChristisGod

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But since you’re Once Saved Always Saved you are free to be reckless with scripture “dividing”

I am not “ reckless “ with Scripture ....but if I “were”, you got it correct ! Grace has got me Covered ....Go to the head of the class....there may be hope for you and your ilk yet! Saints be praised! Lol....

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't seem to understand that when you willfully return to your sins you also are rejecting the Gospel. You are in the same willful unbelief as the Jew who willingly goes back to his old life of Mosaic temple worship.

I am trying to get a video here and so far I am having no luck.....please Google the following....you’ll sleep better at night .....

Please try this.....Newbies.....get off on the right foot so you wont have to contort the entire Bible to fit one misunderstood, “ scary” verse.....
Google what is below this:

“ You tube Renee roland if we sin willfully”

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[1] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Your last little part....the emboldened part? It was ADDED by the Translators....it’s probably “ italicized “ in your Bible....if not, it SHOULD be.... not that it makes that much difference .....if you are “ IN” Christ Jesus.....you naturally “ walk after the Spirit”......

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when you “ willfully sin” as YOU will do today before the day is over
Not me, bro. You might do that, but I'm not. I'll probably sin out of ignorance, or most likely weakness and fear today but I do not purposely sin when nothing is pushing me to sin. If that's what you do (sounds like you do) that's your problem. Please don't project what you do onto the rest of us who don't do that. Just be aware that when you purposely sin you are rejecting the grace of God, not living in it. If you were living in it you would choose NOT to purposely sin. This is the fundamental truth that you either literally can not see, or you are choosing not to see because you have a flawed salvation experience. One based on the desire to avoid the fires of hell only, not based on a desire to avoid hell AND be a different person.

Last edited:
Reactions: justbyfaith

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Take is that before Paul got everybody on the same page

My word man!

Paul came in late to the ministry!

1 Corinthians 15:7-8 KJVS
[7] After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. [8] And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

If anyone had to be brought up to the same page in the gospel it was Paul himself!

But I commend you. At least you had a reply. Some here are immature...

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am trying to get a video here and so far I am having no luck.....please Google the following....you’ll sleep better at night .....

Please try this.....Newbies.....get off on the right foot so you wont have to contort the entire Bible to fit one misunderstood, “ scary” verse.....
Google what is below this:

“ You tube Renee roland if we sin willfully”
You're lost when it comes to this, friend. You don't even know the scriptures that point out the difference between unintentionally sinning and intentionally sinning, do you? Just post the references if you do. I'm guessing you don't. You are blindly following teachers that are not making this Biblical distinction. And I'm guessing it's because you like it this way.......because you are intentionally sinning and don't want to face the truth about it, right? You tell me. I don't pretend to know for sure. But, just as you have said plainly in your posts that you think I'm not saved, I also have formed a private opinion about you, but I'm not sharing it. So you tell me plainly if you purposely sin just because you want to when there is no struggle present to fight against. The Bible says that is a rejection of Christ. Keep it up and don't repent of that willful sin and you will not go into the kingdom when Christ returns. You'll go to the left into the fire as the Christ rejecter that your willful sin is showing you to be. Repent, friend, while you still can. That's your message of hope in all this. Repent! Turn around while you still can and be saved, not lost when Christ returns. Seek the true grace of God that delivers you from your sin so you can know for sure that you are saved, and reject this counterfeit grace you have that leaves you in your old un-recreated, unconverted life of sin, thinking you are saved and ready to meet Jesus.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your last little part....the emboldened part? It was ADDED by the Translators....it’s probably “ italicized “ in your Bible....if not, it SHOULD be.... not that it makes that much difference .....if you are “ IN” Christ Jesus.....you naturally “ walk after the Spirit”......

It is not italicized in the KJV.

Nearly all modern Bible translations based on faulty texts remove that important scripture passage. Likely the same Spirit behind Once Saved Always Saved.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh, no. No scripture exists that teaches this

Uh.....yes.....Col 2:13...... “ having forgiven ALL of your Sins ” .....the word translated “ all” means “ everything you could possibly think of”...... please get to know your Bible so you don’t have to “ stand ashamed” as the Bible warns....

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are blindly following teachers that are not making this Biblical distinction.

Exactly!

How are you going to test yourself in the faith by listening to false teachers on YouTube?

They are scratching your itching ears!

Romans 3:4 ...let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh.....yes.....Col 2:13...... “ having forgiven you ALL sins” ....

Colossians 2:13 KJVS
[13] And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses

And when you compare scripture with scripture you will know which trespasses are all forgiven: THE OLD ONES IN THE PAST!

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God

2 Peter 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

By the way, you lack the things that preceded this passage which is why you are messed up on Bible doctrine.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Defining words should not be considered obnoxious. Defining the gospel is no different than defining God, Christ, Faith, Justification, Sanctification, Salvation , Sin, heaven, hell etc........

I asked a simple question and the poster keeps running away from defining it yet keeps quoting me so obviously he/ she wants to engage or discuss the gospel yet refuses to define the gospel. So if he continues to quote me on this topic I will continue to ask for a definition.

hope this helps !!!
Speaking of running away, you completely ignored the "next........." thing which, by the way, has nothing to do with "defining words." And pressing a question over and over can be seen as contentious. This is not an isolated incident with you. But, if you don't want to acknowledge that or you don't agree, I won't continue to appeal to your sense of Christian charity. I just like to think we've become a bit friendly, and that you would let me know if I were exhibiting some ill behavior. Forgive me if I've wrongly accused you. :)
I’m beginning to think that “ willful ignorance” is as terrible as “ willful Sinning”...
What a tragedy to see how the entire Bible can be twisted by an on- going , willful misunderstanding of one simple and easy to understand Bible verse.....
Nine chapters precede Hebrews 10. The entire discussion in these previous chapters is about the Sin Of Unbelief ...nothing else of importance except that.Hebrews 10, when it refers to “ Willful Sinning” continues the discussion of hearing the Gospel , Rejecting the Gospel and returning to the Temple, still putting trust in animal sacrifices instead of putting Total Trust in the Blood Jesus....
I’ve pretty much had it with the Stiff-Necked religionists out there.....Newbies have seen both sides of the debate now......I pray that you take this matter to Jesus and pray to Him that your eyes be-opened as you become “ an approved worker who need not be ashamed...one who correctly divides the Word Of Truth...”
Some that post here lack the God-Given Gift to “ Rightly Divide” or “ Figure Out”The Word Of God... Being “ stiff- necked “ as they are, eventually they will “ stand ashamed” before the world and God—- Count on it .
What if it's you who's misunderstanding Scripture? Is that truly impossible? The reason I ask this is that you are easily one of the most confident and verbose members of this board, and radically critical of others.

Reactions: justbyfaith

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That's what's wrong with the church. We've brought loads of people into the church who don't want to be different people and be saved from their sins that way. They just want to avoid going to hell. Free Grace theology gives them what their itching ears want to hear. And so we have a church full of hypocrites, claiming Jesus with their mouth but living unconverted in the hypocrisy of their same old unsaved lives. It's ruined the church.
I do agree about the dangers of hypocrisy, but I would not turn doctrines of the grace of God in the Gospel into a mixture of human merit with supposed grace.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:13 KJVS
[13] And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses

And when you compare scripture with scripture you will know which trespasses are all forgiven: THE OLD ONES IN THE PAST!

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God

2 Peter 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

By the way, you lack the things that preceded this passage which is why you are messed up on Bible doctrine.

When Jesus died for me on the Cross.....how many of my sins were in the Future?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do agree about the dangers of hypocrisy, but I would not turn doctrines of the grace of God in the Gospel into a mixture of human merit with supposed grace.
There's no human merit being discussed here. Why is not being hypocritical, but obedient always instantly labeled human merit toward earning salvation? Haven't you people heard of the grace of God that teaches you to say 'no' to worldliness and ungodliness?

Reactions: BarneyFife

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There's no human merit being discussed here. Why is not being hypocritical, but obedient always instantly labeled human merit toward earning salvation? Haven't you people heard of the grace of God that teaches you to say 'no' to worldliness and ungodliness?
I was thinking of the comment about 'free grace': Ephesians 1 speaks of the 'exceeding riches of His grace'. Yes, as Paul says to Titus, we should live soberly, righteously and Godly in the present world'.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly!

How are you going to test yourself in the faith by listening to false teachers on YouTube?

They are scratching your itching ears!

Romans 3:4 ...let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

There are teachers on you tube that preach both sides of the debate , just as we do here. You think mine are “ scratching ears “ ..... I believe yours is the guilty party. So what ? It’s just you opinion... you have the right to be wrong , and you are....

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus died for me on the Cross.....how many of my sins were in the Future?

Are you really going with this?

What you should be asking yourself is this:

How many of your sins were willful after receiving the knowledge of Christ dying on that old rugged cross.

Because the danger of doing so is outlined in scripture:

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Hebrews 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Scripture itself shows that the logic in your statement is faulty.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My word man!

Paul came in late to the ministry!

1 Corinthians 15:7-8 KJVS
[7] After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. [8] And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

If anyone had to be brought up to the same page in the gospel it was Paul himself!

But I commend you. At least you had a reply. Some here are immature...
I thought Christ Himself taught Paul when he was caught up to the 3rd heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.