Site upgrade - Downtime

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not too familiar with that one. Could you tell me more what you mean?

He's referring to some version of a Ref Tagger.

I've used Faith Life Ref Tagger and it was excellent.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not too familiar with that one. Could you tell me more what you mean?
Sure.

When you post a verse coordinate like this:

John 3:16

... it used to be possible to hover your cursor over the verse and a small pop-up window would appear above/below the verse coordinate that contained the verse. Very handy when discussing Biblical concepts.

ETA: And making it KJV version would be amazing. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite and Nancy

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One tweek that would improve things. The green online icon wipes out the avatar. It's too big. It needs to be smaller. Either the avatar needs to be bigger, or the green online icon needs to be moved to a different location. Or do what the webmaster on another Zenforo board did, get rid of it altogether. :)

Even though I have it turned off on my account, it still shows from my view. Not fond of seeing on my posts when I am logged in.
I did notice the Avatar images are smaller. That was a bit disappointing.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure.

When you post a verse coordinate like this:

John 3:16

... it used to be possible to hover your cursor over the verse and a small pop-up window would appear above/below the verse coordinate that contained the verse. Very handy when discussing Biblical concepts.

ETA: And making it KJV version would be amazing. ;)
NKJV would be preferable.

Reactions: Harvest 1874

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But no more ugly gray heads for those who don't want to install an avatar. I really hate those gray blanks. The colored letters look much nicer.
What does it put in place of the gray heads now? I haven't noticed.

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just like the look of this upgrade - the avatar is a dot, the down arrow is a dot and the thread starter icon is a dot. It just looks artsy and pleasant without hogging up a lot of bandwidth.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I see the simple text indentation feature is also no longer available. I liked to use that when quoting Scripture, to highlight it from the normal text.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tastes a bit metallic to me. Needs more color in the background. Font is smaller. I lost my password to lightlysalted but I'll find it.
Need to do some navigating and check out the barista.
just my opinion
Hugs

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tastes a bit metallic to me. Needs more color in the background. Font is smaller. I lost my password to lightlysalted but I'll find it.
Need to do some navigating and check out the barista.
just my opinion
Hugs
Ziggy has returned to us . Let all praise the glorious Lord . Lightly salted is on the move .

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Site upgrade... Anyway we can cut the pixels of the header in half?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You can change the look [design] of the forum by clicking on the "style chooser" at the bottom left of the main forum page. [just below the "About us" sign]

I have changed the forum look [for myself] a number of times. The one I have now is called UI.* Its bright and clear with nice colors too...

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not excited about the lack of font color choices. I'm on mobile all the time and things are harder to find. I can't find the features that were here before and I dislike the colors. They're not easy on the eyes. But I'll try @Angelina's suggestion and look for a way to change the appearance. I looked for it yesterday and couldn't find it.

one thing I've always wished I could do was to set a preferred font (style, color, size, etc) in settings so that everytime I post, I don't have to change it.

Reactions: Nancy

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@doughty is the style chooser at the bottom of the page available to all members? If not. I think it should be because it gives members a choice...
Please do ....I am on mobile and there is no option for changing the color scheme. I dislike the baby blue on white or white on baby blue. Ugh ....and everytime I try to change my font, I click on the options and it moves my cursor. You probably wouldn't understand what I'm saying unless you're on mobile and tried to change your font in a post. The site is too cumbersome on mobile. It makes it less desirous to come here and fumble around with it.

Reactions: Angelina

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can change the look [design] of the forum by clicking on the "style chooser" at the bottom left of the main forum page. [just below the "About us" sign]

I have changed the forum look [for myself] a number of times. The one I have now is called UI.* Its bright and clear with nice colors too...
I don't have the style chooser.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@doughty is the style chooser at the bottom of the page available to all members? If not. I think it should be because it gives members a choice...

An Admin would have to enable this permission for all members. Presently this permission has not been granted.

Reactions: Angelina