Site upgrade - Downtime

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would also like to see the online icon turned off so I could use the large font again. When using a large font, that icon covers up too much of the member avatars. We can see that members are on the forum because their names show up on the upper right hand page of the forum list. It can be done because the webmaster of another forum did it because the members complained about it marring their profile pic.

Screenshot 2022-11-10 9.08.33 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-11-10 9.10.46 AM.png

Last edited:

doughty

Staff member
Admin
Jun 14, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An Admin would have to enable this permission for all members. Presently this permission has not been granted.
I think it is just not obvious to people where it is. It's right here at the bottom of the page (see screenshot).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 12.29.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 12.29.00 PM.png
    353.2 KB · Views: 11

doughty

Staff member
Admin
Jun 14, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would also like to see the online icon turned off so I could use the large font again. When using a large font, that icon covers up too much of the member avatars. We can see that members are on the forum because their names show up on the upper right hand page of the forum list. It can be done because the webmaster of another forum did it because the members complained about it marring their profile pic.

View attachment 27090View attachment 27091
Do most people want the online icon removed from the Avatar? I personally like it and can see when that person is online without having to cross-reference the side bar.

Reactions: Nancy

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello,

can this simply become a small button to click if people want to see the similar threads: -

1668123896882.png

When the similar threads is displayed at the bottom of the page I simply cannot just scroll down to the bottom of the page to go to the next page, I have to then start scrolling up to be able to click on the next page or page number, and if your scroll feature is too fast you keep missing it.

This feature is really for non-members who have seen all of the threads that are on this forum to help them navigate to s similar thread.

Just having a button to click on is all that is really necessary for members and non members.

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mr E, I was talking about the little green online icon at the bottom covering up too much of the avatar when I set the fonts to large on my computer. Many older people have to do that. Being able to select the skin is a separate issue.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mr E, I was talking about the little green online icon at the bottom covering up too much of the avatar when I set the fonts to large on my computer. Many older people have to do that. Being able to select the skin is a separate issue.

Yes- I understand that. But that's not what I was talking about.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are about to upgrade the site and will experience up to 90 minutes of downtime. When it is back up, we will have a fresh new look, faster site, and will have a much more secure site.
Hi doughty.

Are you a Christian?

Do you believe that Jesus is God?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh good grief.

Pathetic
Hi Mr E.

Not getting enough attention, are we?

Are you a Christian?

Do you believe Jesus is God?

I do my best to get to everyone, but sometimes it just takes a little patience for me to make my way around to you. :)

Now you're included.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mr E.

Not getting enough attention, are we?

Are you a Christian?

Do you believe Jesus is God?

I do my best to get to everyone, but sometimes it just takes a little patience for me to make my way around to you. :)

Now you're included.

Your out of line, off-topic, in the wrong thread and out of bounds.

Are you Spanish? Or exactly what kind of inquisition are you running? By what authority? You aren't the Pope and I'm not Catholic.

Neither am I interested.

See ya!

Reactions: Harvest 1874