Slavery Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I hope I put this in the right place but I was just wondering,.. back in the Biblical times why did everyone hate the Jews so much? Was it the same thing like it was with African Americans? Did they just decide to pick on certain people? Is that why Jesus hung out with them because He felt sorry for them?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was Jewish.

That community refused to go along to get along.
They refused to play along with orgies and blood sports. They refused to eat pork or shellfish. They also practiced polygamy... making them ostracized members of the Roman Empire.

And the "tallest nail always gets pounded" for sticking out.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was Jewish.

That community refused to go along to get along.
They refused to play along with orgies and blood sports. They refused to eat pork or shellfish. They also practiced polygamy... making them ostracized members of the Roman Empire.

And the "tallest nail always gets pounded" for sticking out.

Yeah but why and how could Jesus actually have been Jewish? I just thought it meant that He lived in Judah?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So I hope I put this in the right place but I was just wondering,.. back in the Biblical times why did everyone hate the Jews so much? Was it the same thing like it was with African Americans? Did they just decide to pick on certain people? Is that why Jesus hung out with them because He felt sorry for them?
This does not sound like a slavery question.