Schindler's List

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Have I ever hated anyone?
What, you have never hated someone?

Yes, but I don't hate anyone that I know of today. Mostly though my 'hatred' just resulted in my ignoring and keeping away from them. I was never one for physical violence. Always though for cause as I don't hate anyone without cause.

Psalm 11:5
The Lord tests the righteous, But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
  1. Psalm 18:17
    He delivered me from my strong enemy, From those who hated me, For they were too strong for me.
  2. Psalm 18:40
    You have also given me the necks of my enemies, So that I destroyed those who hated me.
  3. Psalm 21:8
    Your hand will find all Your enemies; Your right hand will find those who hate You.
  4. Psalm 25:19
    Consider my enemies, for they are many; And they hate me with cruel hatred.
  5. Psalm 26:5
    I have hated the assembly of evildoers, And will not sit with the wicked.
  6. Psalm 31:6
    I have hated those who regard useless idols; But I trust in the Lord.
  7. Psalm 34:21
    Evil shall slay the wicked, And those who hate the righteous shall be condemned.
  8. Psalm 35:19
    Let them not rejoice over me who are wrongfully my enemies; Nor let them wink with the eye who hate me without a cause.

Reactions: amadeus

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think people hate Jews so much as they hate God.

Everybody's head is on the chopping block today if you believe God.

Today that may be metaphorical, but tomorrow it may be a reality.

It's getting dark outside. Keep your light lit, no matter what.

Hugs

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have I ever hated anyone?
What, you have never hated someone?

Yes, but I don't hate anyone that I know of today. Mostly though my 'hatred' just resulted in my ignoring and keeping away from them. I was never one for physical violence. Always though for cause as I don't hate anyone without cause.

Psalm 11:5
The Lord tests the righteous, But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.
I have never hated anyone..strong dislike yes...never hated to want them dead, not even as a non believer ....

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have never hated anyone..strong dislike yes...never hated to want them dead, not even as a non believer ....
I never hated anyone with the idea of killing either. Scripture example
Titus 3
3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another.

4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ray Fiennes was a master in his role as a Nazi.

The singer Rabbi he tried to execute and failed three times was one of my favorite scenes.

I loved that movie. Lots of tears. Especially the end when the survivors and their families honored him at his grave site.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ray Fiennes was a master in his role as a Nazi.

The singer Rabbi he tried to execute and failed three times was one of my favorite scenes.

I loved that movie. Lots of tears. Especially the end when the survivors and their families honored him at his grave site.
I can't get it out of my head. It was so moving in so many ways, who could fail to be affected by it?

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everybody's head is on the chopping block today if you believe God.

Today that may be metaphorical, but tomorrow it may be a reality.

It's getting dark outside. Keep your light lit, no matter what.
They can put my head on the block then. The goverment is flagging people who purchase the Bible, they can go ahead and flag me.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They can put my head on the block then. The goverment is flagging people who purchase the Bible, they can go ahead and flag me.
It's not just Bibles.

“The biggest story in the world today is Western governments turning their guns inward against their own citizens,” commentator Jesse Kelly said. “It is the overarching story that explains almost everything you see. I don’t know how it ends. But it ain’t good.”

“The corrupt establishment is making it where it’s impossible for The People to organize or speak for what is right or what they want,” Full Measure host Sharyl Attkisson said.

Full reporting:Feds flagged bank transactions for bibles, hunting firearms after Jan 6, congressman says

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The problem is the violence is tolerated by police, and the far right ruling coalition encourages these religious hate attacks.

Jerusalem – Nothing about the attack or what happened since surprised Miran Krikorian. The Armenian owner of Taboon and Wine Bar in the Old City of Jerusalem was not surprised to receive a call the night of January 26 that a mob of Israeli settlers was attacking his bar in the Christian Quarter and shouting “Death to Arabs … Death to Christians.”

It didn’t surprise him how little effort the police made to catch the perpetrators; after some press about the attack and a lack of arrests, police told him two months later they detained three of the suspects among the mob. But they also asked for his surveillance video, despite the videos being already online and surveillance cameras omnipresent in the Old City.

“You have cameras over here that can show the underwear that someone is wearing, so how come you’re asking for my footage two months later?” asked Krikorian.

It was easy for him to identify many of the perpetrators himself – they went online and gave his restaurant a 1-star review minutes after the attack – but when he went to the police station that night, the officer there scolded him: “Don’t bother me too much.”

A couple of days later, Armenians leaving a memorial service in the Armenian Quarter say they were attacked by Israeli settlers carrying sticks. An Armenian was pepper-sprayed as settlers scaled the walls of the Armenian convent, trying to take down its flag, which had a cross on it. When Armenians chased them away, the settlers began shouting: “Terrorist attack,” prompting nearby border police to draw their guns on the Armenians, beating and detaining one of them.

“Instead of [the soldiers] calming or condemning [the settlers], I was looking into the eyes of the soldier and telling him to calm down,” one of the attacked Armenian youth told Al Jazeera.

Hostility by fundamentalist Jews towards Jerusalem’s Christian community is not new, and it is not just Armenian Christians who suffer from it. Priests of all denominations describe being spat at for years. Since 2005, Christian celebrations around Holy Week, particularly Holy Fire Saturday, have brought military barricades and harsh treatment from soldiers and settlers alike, with the number of worshippers allowed inside the Church of the Holy Sepulchre drastically limited, from as many as 11,000 historically during the Holy Fire ceremony to now 1,800 since last year, with authorities citing safety concerns.

But since Israel’s new government – the most right wing and religious in its history – came to power, incidents against Christians in Jerusalem have reportedly become more violent and common. At the beginning of the year, 30 Christian graves at the Protestant Mount Zion Cemetery were desecrated. In the Armenian Quarter, vandals spray-painted “Death to Arabs, Christians and Armenians,” on the walls.

At the Church of the Flagellation, someone attacked a statue of Jesus with a hammer. Last month, an Israeli came to the Church of Gethsemane during Sunday religious services and tried to attack the priest with an iron bar. Being spat and shouted at by Israelis has become, for some Christians, “a daily occurrence”.

Struggling with ‘Messianic syndrome’​

Most of the time, victims of these incidents say little is done by police to catch or punish attackers.

“My fear is that these perpetrators are known, but they enjoy impunity,” said Munib Younan, bishop emeritus of the Evangelical Lutheran Church. “That’s the reason they are doing this.”

Church and community leaders note that police do little to investigate and dismiss or minimize the religious and ideological motivations behind these attacks, typically saying the perpetrators suffer from mental illness.

And on etc.... for the rest of the article read the link

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to the flag if you buy a Bible today,or firearms. (For awhile now, if you buy 2 or more firearms it raises a flag at the ATF and you go on their radar).

Know your gun rights!

I'm going to make a thread for this as well.

If our forefathers could see what's become of our government today I'm sure they'd throw up.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Back to the flag if you buy a Bible today,or firearms. (For awhile now, if you buy 2 or more firearms it raises a flag at the ATF and you go on their radar).

Know your gun rights!

I'm going to make a thread for this as well.

If our forefathers could see what's become of our government today I'm sure they'd throw up.
@BlessedPeace This post is on the wrong thread. It has nothing whatever to do with the OP. I have reported it.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BlessedPeace This post is on the wrong thread. It has nothing whatever to do with the OP. I have reported it.
Goody for you.
I wonder if it's a rule violation to tell someone in public here that their post has been reported?:IDK:

You might want to learn about how Nazis came to power. And the fact they confiscated guns and burned books,including the Hebrew Bible. While Hitler reworked the Christian Bible to his own ends.

Then,you might realize the American Democrat Communist party is behaving in such a manner today.

And were it not for the Nazis, Schindler would not have had a list.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Goody for you.
I wonder if it's a rule violation to tell someone in public here that their post has been reported?:IDK:
I shall ask and find out, okay?

You might want to learn about how Nazis came to power. And the fact they confiscated guns and burned books,including the Hebrew Bible. While Hitler reworked the Christian Bible to his own ends.

England suffered greatly at the hands of Hitler so I do know something about that.

Then,you might realize the American Democrat Communist party is behaving in such a manner today.

I'm English not American., and I don't follow American politics.

And were it not for the Nazis, Schindler would not have had a list.

Schindler was a member of the Nazi party and also a Catholic, and once he realised the extent of the horror that Jews were being subjected to he did what he could to save as many lives as he could.

You sound as if you don't admire him for that. Did you lose family in the Holocaust?

Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I shall ask and find out, okay?
Sure.
England suffered greatly at the hands of Hitler so I do know something about that.
Then when your own government disarmed your citizenry,and now prosecutes certain types of speech,you should be able to see the similarities between what became Nazi Germany and the precursors appearing now in England .
I'm English not American., and I don't follow American politics.
You don't have to. Just pay attention to your own country's political warning signs.
Schindler was a member of the Nazi party and also a Catholic, and once he realised the extent of the horror that Jews were being subjected to he did what he could to save as many lives as he could.
Hitler was also Catholic.

You sound as if you don't admire him for that.
No idea where you'd get that impression.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jewish people have some unique holidays and customs....which sets them apart from the cultures they live in to begin with.

Fear, and being different is the start of the rumor mill. Then being branded "Christ Killers" is not exactly a positive either. Where Martin Luther was a brilliant man in his day...he also fell into Dementia and his ravings about the Jews were held in the same regard as his brilliance. (Huge mistake)

But Martin Luther wasn't the first to "blame the Jews". There have been several "inquisitions" and "witch hunts" over the millenia trying to eradicate the Jewish population.

In the Old Testament we see Daniel assisting Babylon and Nebachadnezzar grow his kingdom. This was done by creating the world's first, best, credit/depository banking system based on grain shipments through canals. It essentially created the very same fiat money supply and banking system used around the planet today.
Jews have always tried to emulate their heroes so they created Pawn Shops....and local banks in the communities they lived in. Which caused a huge amount of envy and mistrust even when they acted honorably and were generous by building libraries, schools, and hospitals.

And as always is the case....propaganda is how they license the antisemitism or hatred towards anyone or people group.

Nobody likes the "Nazis" today but so many people don't really understand who they were or why they were bad. They just know it's a derogatory term. And even some people who using it are in favor of doing the exact same things the Nazis did to earn the derogatory title.

That isn't to say that "winds of doctrine" aren't prevalent today. Palestinians and Russians are masters at propaganda campaigns. They have so many going on right now in the western world its unbelievable. Governments could stop them....but they won't....because at times these propaganda campaigns have helped them gain power. And they are currently using them to gain more power.

How susceptible to propaganda are people?
Depends....upon exactly what is taught in public education. And that fight was lost long before it even got started. The Swiss are one of the few people actually educated regularly about discerning propaganda.
Consequently it's really hard to sell them any goods.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No there is no rule about Stating that a post has been reported, but there is a rule about discussing the results of a report.
Threads do digress, which we accept, but it’s always best to get back on track eventually as we do take action if it goes too far xxx

Reactions: Pearl

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jewish people have some unique holidays and customs....which sets them apart from the cultures they live in to begin with.

Fear, and being different is the start of the rumor mill. Then being branded "Christ Killers" is not exactly a positive either. Where Martin Luther was a brilliant man in his day...he also fell into Dementia and his ravings about the Jews were held in the same regard as his brilliance. (Huge mistake)

But Martin Luther wasn't the first to "blame the Jews". There have been several "inquisitions" and "witch hunts" over the millenia trying to eradicate the Jewish population.

In the Old Testament we see Daniel assisting Babylon and Nebachadnezzar grow his kingdom. This was done by creating the world's first, best, credit/depository banking system based on grain shipments through canals. It essentially created the very same fiat money supply and banking system used around the planet today.
Jews have always tried to emulate their heroes so they created Pawn Shops....and local banks in the communities they lived in. Which caused a huge amount of envy and mistrust even when they acted honorably and were generous by building libraries, schools, and hospitals.

And as always is the case....propaganda is how they license the antisemitism or hatred towards anyone or people group.

Nobody likes the "Nazis" today but so many people don't really understand who they were or why they were bad. They just know it's a derogatory term. And even some people who using it are in favor of doing the exact same things the Nazis did to earn the derogatory title.

That isn't to say that "winds of doctrine" aren't prevalent today. Palestinians and Russians are masters at propaganda campaigns. They have so many going on right now in the western world its unbelievable. Governments could stop them....but they won't....because at times these propaganda campaigns have helped them gain power. And they are currently using them to gain more power.

How susceptible to propaganda are people?
Depends....upon exactly what is taught in public education. And that fight was lost long before it even got started. The Swiss are one of the few people actually educated regularly about discerning propaganda.
Consequently it's really hard to sell them any goods.
Well,to be fair to history, Christ Killers,is apt.