Slow Living

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's been kind of a difficult journey to embrace a slower lifestyle. Slow living wasn't a thing any adult in my life aspired to growing up.

In college, I tried to join two clubs and take seven classes.

Then I had a mental breakdown.

Then my husband asked me to stop working altogether.

As a housewife, I put in hours and tasks at a fast pace, trying to justify not working. I ended up running myself ragged.

Ive only recently discovered slow living as an intentional lifestyle. After researching the effecfs of chronic stress on the body, it makes sense.

People wear exhaustion as a badge of honor. I did too. It takes a certain letting go to not be busy. To sit quietly with God, get your sabbath time, and simply be rather than doing all the time. It affects our pride. But Jesus told Mary she chose the better part.

Feel free to share your thoughts. Maybe slow living seems impossible right now. I'd welcome those thoughts too.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i'm 74 and never been happier since I retired 14 years ago, I'm FREE at last from the alarm clock and any kind of fixed routine, I just mooch along at my own slow relaxed pace..:)
I usually roll out of bed late, then get on the computer for the rest of the day and half the night playing strategy games, watching youtube, and strutting my stuff in all sorts of forums.
I do take breaks sometimes to have a snack, watch TV or a video, I'm currently watching the Lord of the Rings boxed set.:)

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm 74 and never been happier since I retired 14 years ago, I'm FREE at last from the alarm clock and any kind of fixed routine, I just mooch along at my own slow relaxed pace..:)
I usually roll out of bed late, then get on the computer for the rest of the day and half the night playing strategy games, watching youtube, and strutting my stuff in all sorts of forums.
I do take breaks sometimes to have a snack, watch TV or a video, I'm currently watching the Lord of the Rings boxed set.:)
Lol! Living the good life! I love it!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My slow life consists of watching movies and going for walks. I finished all my projects and trying to come up with something to do. But until then it's the slow life.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My life consists of something I'm not so great at, waiting on God. Yes, I believe we need to be pro active as Christians and need to have others around us or we are just preaching to the choir. When He knows we are ready, He let's us know and directs our paths to serve Him and others. Plenty of folks not as fortunate as many on here!
You chose the right thing Wynona...!
xo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My life consists of something I'm not so great at, waiting on God. Yes, I believe we need to be pro active as Christians and need to have others around us or we are just preaching to the choir. When He knows we are ready, He let's us know and directs our paths to serve Him and others. Plenty of folks not as fortunate as many on here!
You chose the right thing Wynona...!
xo
Hit the trenches . Be in prayer , be diligent and alert .
The dragon sleeps not but is taking places captive to a lie .
The lambs must arise and contend for the true faith and stay planted well in those bibles .
The enemy does much exploits
SO WE DO MUCH EXPLOITS .
The enemy rests not but roams about daily by the hour seeking whom he may devour
and we must arise and do battle by the hour .
If we love WE SPEAK TRUTH . IF we love we would correct error and speak truth .
IF we love we do not drink of the cup of the all inclusive whore for unity
but rather the lambs unify amongst lambs WHO Love JESUS and we do battle for the souls of men
by the preaching of Christ and all bible doctrine . By prayers and supplications unto GOD
WHO has always been with the lambs and forever will be WITH us no matter what comes against us .
Through the hills and over the moutains , by river , by air , by computer , by talking
through the streets , to houses to churches and to all the world , LET JESUS BE PREACHED and all sound doctrine taught
WHILE THERE STILL BE TIME TO DO SO .
Once its done its done . ITS TOO LATE . What we do NOW matters . RISE UP and contend
some can be in much prayer as well for those who are speaking the truth . But we must DO something NOW
and GOD shall be with us and HE alone is all we need . FORWARD MARCH till the last and final breath . PRAISE THE KING .

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's been kind of a difficult journey to embrace a slower lifestyle. Slow living wasn't a thing any adult in my life aspired to growing up.

As a housewife, I put in hours and tasks at a fast pace, trying to justify not working. I ended up running myself ragged.

Ive only recently discovered slow living as an intentional lifestyle. After researching the effecfs of chronic stress on the body, it makes sense.

People wear exhaustion as a badge of honor. I did too. It takes a certain letting go to not be busy. To sit quietly with God, get your sabbath time, and simply be rather than doing all the time. It affects our pride. But Jesus told Mary she chose the better part.

Feel free to share your thoughts. Maybe slow living seems impossible right now. I'd welcome those thoughts too.
I like to get my work done so I can play. I don't believing in rushing, though, if I don't have to.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Out on the truck with my husband, things slow down even more. I have more time for the things that are important to me.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe slow living seems impossible right now. I'd welcome those thoughts too.
"Slow living" is not a very appealing term (since it goes along with slothful living). "Sane living" would make more sense. Sane living means allotting sufficient and suitable time slots to the various activities which are necessary (including time to relax). When you examine the life of Christ in the Gospel of Mark, there was no "slow living" there. And He is our supreme example.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Slow living" is not a very appealing term (since it goes along with slothful living). "Sane living" would make more sense. Sane living means allotting sufficient and suitable time slots to the various activities which are necessary (including time to relax). When you examine the life of Christ in the Gospel of Mark, there was no "slow living" there. And He is our supreme example.
Hi Enoch! To me, slow living just means leaving room to rest and connect with God rather than constantly chasing more money and achievements. There may be seasons of a lot of business but Jesus made time to get away and be alone with the Father during His ministry.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any born by the Spirit Christian has a desire to serve the Lord. Jesus enables us for the tasks that we do. For me, I'm
energized to serve and my switch is turned on all day to do so. I wake up praying and then a prayer walk. Then my steps are guided by my Savior. I pray all day and I nap when I'm tired, then boom, the switch is on again. I don't believe the Lord's work is ever done. I'm sorry to say this, but when you slow down, so does your health.

Reactions: amadeus and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always have a LONG List of thing to accomplish...in my head, on paper.
I plan for works continuously.
I cross off, add, rearrange as priorities...

As far as taking a break...it is spontaneous (except for meals).
As far as thinking about or talking to God, family, it is all day long while accomplishing works.

As far as disappointment, stress to not accomplish a task?...no worry’s, no stress, as I look at it like this;...for example;
Every day is a day the Lord hath made...I may have selected off my list to gather brush and branches and burn them...and the windless sunny day, turns cloudy, dark, windy, rainy...I simply take as God telling me to select a different indoor task to do!
Maybe strange on my part...however I believe God controls the weather, and He is consistently in a mysterious way directing us, and up to us to notice, and respond accordingly.

Other factors come into play...in the sense that men, create and make and assure all kinds of things, to do, use, sell, buy...and men plan and buy what other men promote and sell...and then Fail to Heed that (gut feeling, that little voice)...
That says not now, not this day....be patient...don’t Worry about other men’s ideas, assurances, your plan, your money spent (for tickets, for items bought with money to use that day)...

Maybe too deep...however, that is how I travel through through THIS temporary mortal LIFE, keeping my mind and heart on the Same page.

:) Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have to fill our own lives with different colors, feelings and emotions. For example, I live in Canada, it is very cool here, but I would like to live somewhere else. So I have recently started to learn about second citizenship by investment Global CitiZen, Citizenship by investment is a process that involves obtaining a foreign identity document and citizen status by investing in the economy of the host state. Maybe you can tell me which country I should consider?

Investing in “citizenship by investment in a Document” sounds like a hoax.

Investing in a citizenship, is to relinquish what you are by Natural birth, and elect to Assimilate into a Different Citizenship.

That IS the Biblical rendering...rendering your natural born citizenship, to become a super natural citizen of the Lords kingdom.
By the same measure...you are agreeing that you are willingly subjecting yourself TO His authority, Word, Way.

Yes men, by mans laws can become DUEL citizens. Saul/Paul was a Duel Citizen, by natural mans law and Gods Law.
An Israelite...by his Mothers blood ancestry...is Saul.
A Gentile Roman Citizen...by his Father’s blood ancestry...is Paul.
A Spiritual Heavenly Citizen ...by his Father Gods Declaration ... Of adopted sonship.

You are NOT required by US laws, to BE A US citizen to Visit, Vacation, Work, Buy, Sell, Own, in or from the US.

You Are required to BY US laws, to Agree TO (do business)....visit, vacation, work, buy, sell, own....According TO US Laws....which none require you to BE a US citizen.

If you are looking for temporary or permanent relocation Due to your weather temperature preference...

Much of the Northern portions of the US weather temperatures are very similar to Canada.

Do your homework. There are diverse portions of the Southern US with much more milder and hot Temperatures...and the Warning...milder temperatures are also attractive to criminals and some areas have established reputations of high, out of control routine and usual crime rates and statistics.
Large and Very Large cities rate highly on crime... not only by per capita, but also high rate of UN-solved...ie. crimes without accountability or justice...in other words Risky and too bad for the victim.

Search areas...by temperatures year round, population, crime stats, growth predictions, amenities available, photos.... what the Governing authorities routinely want to collect and spend money on...there is plenty of sites online for basic information.

Some people want to be in crowded highways, same stores on every corner, multiple hospitals, multiple colleges, huge school districts, enormous sports stadiums, umpteen restaurants, bars, entertainment options, stacked crowded housing,
And fabulous year-round Weather.....and crazy crime stats...

Glory to God,
Taken

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Enoch! To me, slow living just means leaving room to rest and connect with God rather than constantly chasing more money and achievements. There may be seasons of a lot of business but Jesus made time to get away and be alone with the Father during His ministry.
Chasing money and etc , never came from GOD . We should have simply worked with our own two hands
and make the focus all on GOD . I work , but my focus is on the LORD . NOT on money , not on if i had more
SIMPLY working and focusing on GOD . We have had it far too easy in the west .
But that will soon change . We gonna have to make a decision . EITHER GO with the flow of the world and try and survive
OR STAY WITH CHRIST and prepare to be persecuted . BUT KNOW THIS , GOD feeds sparrows , HE WOULD and WILL
take care of us no matter where we are . Whether on the run , in a cave and in hiding , GOD WILL BE WITH THE LAMBS .
This digital system IS and will TAKE OVER ALL CONTROL and far sooner than folks realize .
OUR HOPE better be IN GOD . Be encouraged dear sister .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Investing in “citizenship by investment in a Document” sounds like a hoax.

Investing in a citizenship, is to relinquish what you are by Natural birth, and elect to Assimilate into a Different Citizenship.

That IS the Biblical rendering...rendering your natural born citizenship, to become a super natural citizen of the Lords kingdom.
By the same measure...you are agreeing that you are willingly subjecting yourself TO His authority, Word, Way.

Yes men, by mans laws can become DUEL citizens. Saul/Paul was a Duel Citizen, by natural mans law and Gods Law.
An Israelite...by his Mothers blood ancestry...is Saul.
A Gentile Roman Citizen...by his Father’s blood ancestry...is Paul.
A Spiritual Heavenly Citizen ...by his Father Gods Declaration ... Of adopted sonship.

You are NOT required by US laws, to BE A US citizen to Visit, Vacation, Work, Buy, Sell, Own, in or from the US.

You Are required to BY US laws, to Agree TO (do business)....visit, vacation, work, buy, sell, own....According TO US Laws....which none require you to BE a US citizen.

If you are looking for temporary or permanent relocation Due to your weather temperature preference...

Much of the Northern portions of the US weather temperatures are very similar to Canada.

Do your homework. There are diverse portions of the Southern US with much more milder and hot Temperatures...and the Warning...milder temperatures are also attractive to criminals and some areas have established reputations of high, out of control routine and usual crime rates and statistics.
Large and Very Large cities rate highly on crime... not only by per capita, but also high rate of UN-solved...ie. crimes without accountability or justice...in other words Risky and too bad for the victim.

Search areas...by temperatures year round, population, crime stats, growth predictions, amenities available, photos.... what the Governing authorities routinely want to collect and spend money on...there is plenty of sites online for basic information.

Some people want to be in crowded highways, same stores on every corner, multiple hospitals, multiple colleges, huge school districts, enormous sports stadiums, umpteen restaurants, bars, entertainment options, stacked crowded housing,
And fabulous year-round Weather.....and crazy crime stats...

Glory to God,
Taken
The system of anti christ , of the beast , of the dragon is ripe and ready now .
Lambs are about to be tested as never before in the west . BE PREPARED TO LOSE ALL FOR JESUS is all i can say .
COUNT THE COST and see all loss as only gain for JESUS . SEE suffering as only gain for HIM .
AND DO not be afraid of man or what he can do . THIS SYSTEM IS RIPE . THERE IS NO STOPPING IT .
On the day of the LORD it will go under wrath . BUT TILL THEN we had better be prepared to lose all
to be hated , persecuted and some even killed . Most have no real idea of what is about to strike .
Many will sell out , many will betray many , a time of great distress and persecution is upon the lands .
PS , dont expect your sold out preachers to guide anyone , THEY GONNA HELP the govts of the world humanity
betray us . OH yes , many who said the name of JESUS yet followed another jesus , WILL BETRAY US . ITS already
beginning and will get worse .

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I wanted to come back to this topic after listening to more descriptions of it through Youtube and books.

Slow living is not laziness. It's simply prioritizing the important things in life over keeping up with the joneses or being busy for reasons that don't matter to you.

What do you want to be remembered for at the end of your life? Spend your time accordingly and learn to cut out the things that matter less to you. That, in a nutshell, is what slow living is about.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I wanted to come back to this topic after listening to more descriptions of it through Youtube and books.

Slow living is not laziness. It's simply prioritizing the important things in life over keeping up with the joneses or being busy for reasons that don't matter to you.

What do you want to be remembered for at the end of your life? Spend your time accordingly and learn to cut out the things that matter less to you. That, in a nutshell, is what slow living is about.
To me, this sounds like being sure to include time for introspection and meditation, prayer, taking time to be careful about how I do things. Determining to not "miss the moment".

It's like I need to tell myself to slow down, take the time to understand, take the time to formulate, and take the time to do it right. Rather than laziness, for me it's a matter of mental discipline. I need the time to consider things, and make sure what is flesh and what is Spirit.

Much love!

Reactions: Wynona

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

First we slow die, and if we collapse under our own weight sooner rather than later, then we also slow live. Then comes the end, no more slow, but "I am."

Blessed are those who don't only slowly die, but also slowly live. These are the poor in spirit.