Smokers: Do your children smoke?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Statistically the children of smokers are far more likely to start smoking than sons and daughters of non-smoking parents.

There is another quit smoking thread, but the specific question now is: Do smokers have children who smoke or are likely to? and if so, would this make you more determined to give up?

(Or if young people start, is it more or less inevitable anyway, whatever the parents might think?)

I can to this day remember the smell of my dad's cigarettes when he lite one up in the car, I am 65 years old, and they smelled great!!!
I smoked at the age of seven, and then Quit for fear of my dad until I restarted at around 13, and just Quite about 30 days ago, Just after My wife Passed away, when She was going through what She went through, I said to God that I would trash all the Tobacco, papers, and rolling stuff! So I find myself saying out-loud, I sure would like a Smoke, BUT Not, Praise God I am Still giving the Enemy the cold shoulder. And by the way breathing better, one less thing to condemn myself over! It was always a bad witness anyways!

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I can to this day remember the smell of my dad's cigarettes when he lite one up in the car, I am 65 years old, and they smelled great!!!
I smoked at the age of seven, and then Quit for fear of my dad until I restarted at around 13, and just Quite about 30 days ago, Just after My wife Passed away, when She was going through what She went through, I said to God that I would trash all the Tobacco, papers, and rolling stuff! So I find myself saying out-loud, I sure would like a Smoke, BUT Not, Praise God I am Still giving the Enemy the cold shoulder. And by the way breathing better, one less thing to condemn myself over! It was always a bad witness anyways!
So sorry about your wife's passing.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that smoke have no idea how much they literally stink to non smokers. The smell makes me nauseous. Our children never began either.

Living with any habit of another is a strong influence.

My father smoked but I couldn't stand it. Strangely my wife also never smoked. Her parents suffered health problems from being heavy smokers.

In anything we got came from their house it had to be washed immediately before we would have it around.

My GF died of lung cancer and warned me while in the hospital never to smoke.

Hope you that do can quit for your health and family's sake! Power to you who are quitting.