Smokers/vapers: Do your children smoke/vape?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Smokers/vapers: Do your children smoke/vape?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am not a smoker/vaper and neither are my children

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I am not a smoker but one/some of my children are

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My stepson took up smoking in the Navy because it was a recognized excuse for taking a break while on duty. Now he's hooked.

If you've read any of my other posts on smoking, you may remember that my father-in-law died from lung cancer, and my mother died slowly and horribly from emphysema. Both were heavy smokers. I also have a cousin who suffers from COPD due to exposure to second-hand smoke. I exhort everyone listening to discourage your children from taking up this addiction.

I hear vaping has it's own set of associated health problems, so discourage your children from taking up this addiction also.

Please?
Thats funny, I took up smoking the same reason 40 years ago. I quit 6 years ago but not after some prety rough spots. My grandkids help me to quit. Because i wanted to see them grow up. Non of my Aug haters smoke. But my current wife has two sons, they both smoke. But their wives do not.

Reactions: Lambano

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thats funny, I took up smoking the same reason 40 years ago. I quit 6 years ago but not after some prety rough spots. My grandkids help me to quit. Because i wanted to see them grow up. Non of my Aug haters smoke. But my current wife has two sons, they both smoke. But their wives do not.
@Eternally Grateful Thanks; sounds like none of your grandkids smoke, either....if I'm not mistaken?

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am neither, but my ex-wife started smoking medical marijuana around our children for her MS. I know that my nine-year-old daughter said to her that she wishes she wouldn't do that.

My mother and everyone she ever dated, including my step-dad smoked. I have never touched a cigarette. If this helps any.

Reactions: farouk

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken Oh okay yes; thanks; sounds like for some of them if they do at all, it's occasional social smoking....

I fully expected my kids to TRY all kinds of things...
From skateboarding to drugs.

I simply would listen, hear the latest buzz of what kids were talking about and say, if at some point you decide to TRY...A, B, or C....
Let me know if you try it, how you liked it, what you think about it...
Work well for me.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're right, I'm DQ'd for being a non-smoker. And I encourage those of you out there who do smoke or vape to quit, ASAP.

I remember reading the warning on my mom's Chesterfields. "Mommy, what does 'The Surgeon General has declared that cigarette smoking can be hazardous to your health' mean?"
Amazing. Children are very observant!
I remember when growing up, from the time I was little, my parents would have me get them a cigarette and light it. I knew it was bad for them. So I'd blow on the lit end of it to spend it a bit before I gave it to them. Sigh....

Reactions: Lambano

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Autocorrect said "aug haters" (whatever that is, lol) but I think you meant "daughters." Right? :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I fully expected my kids to TRY all kinds of things...
From skateboarding to drugs.

I simply would listen, hear the latest buzz of what kids were talking about and say, if at some point you decide to TRY...A, B, or C....
Let me know if you try it, how you liked it, what you think about it...
Work well for me.
@Taken Seem like you developed a trusting, strategic strategy there....

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken Seem like you developed a trusting, strategic strategy there....

Worked for us. Not a fan of “homework”, or TV, or Fast food, or running and dropping kids every evening. Spent most evenings talking with, not at kids. Was Very Usual to have others kids join us in the evenings.
Kids of all ages, flavors, are great. Typically today, alone too much IMO.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Amazing. Children are very observant!
I remember when growing up, from the time I was little, my parents would have me get them a cigarette and light it. I knew it was bad for them. So I'd blow on the lit end of it to spend it a bit before I gave it to them. Sigh....
@TLHKAJ Well, I guess if none of your children took up the habit you will have been pleased...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
None of my children have been smokers. Nor have I. So technically, this thread doesn't pertain to me. I missed that when I posted.
@TLHKAJ Thanks; no prob.; all contribs. gratefully received and also I have just modified the poll (see above?) to include other categories including your own...... :)

Reactions: TLHKAJ