So...feb, and still no sign of a major change

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're in the middle of a WINTER STORM, and I figured what would NORMALLY be THIN ICE, might have been a LITTLE THICKER.

It seems I FIGURED WRONG! :oops:

WITH VERY BEST REGARDS,
... says the guy now sitting in a corner, -- Bobby Jo :rolleyes:
Lol

Reactions: Bobby Jo

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
As far as I know, only Enoch and Elijah (in the bible) did not see death (physical) So, I suppose we can presume it can happen again and Jesus actually say's that some will (remain (alive) to be taken after those who have already died)
I don't think that Hebrews 9:27 is saying everyone MUST die but, WHEN one dies they go to the judgement. Christians will not be judged for their sin, but will be judged by what they did or did not do in their bodies on earth, not to be sent to hell but, for rewards...I really do not believe everyone will be, across the board, given the same glory but, will have different heights perhaps. Some will be punished with many stripes, some with few... Luke 12:47, 48.

As far as "when" Christ takes us from the earth, I'm back and forth it seems, on Mid or Post...cannot say as, just don't know!
Anyhow, I can see why this might bother you as, it does seem contradictory. I'm not saying I am correct here bro, just my take. :)

Christ is not taking us from the earth, He comes here, the only way one gets to heaven before that time is , if they die first, ie, before His return

I Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep,(die) but we shall all be changed,"

Paul is now going to show us a mystery that deals with our generation, for a mystery is something that cannot be understood. However, when the details and clues of the mystery are know, then it is no longer a mystery. This mystery deals with a time when something is going to happen all over the earth to all flesh bodies, when these flesh bodies are not die anymore. Why will this be? Because all people living in their flesh bodies will be changed instantly from their flesh bodies, into their new incorruptible bodies. We have already established that each of us have two bodies, one is of the flesh, and the other body is a spiritual body that is within our flesh body. The spiritual body is not made alive or freed from the flesh body until the flesh body is done away with.

I Corinthians 15:52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

The time that it will take to change all the physical or natural bodies on this earth into their spiritual bodies will be faster than you can wink your eye. It is instant. Paul is telling us that this change will come "at the last trump", and that is when there are no more trumps. He identifies that trumpet as the seventh trumpet, and we know that this is the very moment when Jesus Christ comes back to earth to establish His Millennium kingdom, right here on earth. We are talking about God's trumpets here and on the sixth trumpet Satan comes to earth to deceive the whole world.

If you are waiting for a rapture, then you are going to be raptured by someone other than Jesus Christ for He is coming to earth to set up His kingdom here. The seventh trump is the exact time when the change takes place, and at no other place.

Remember the "dead" are the "spiritually dead" in Christ. "Raised" again means to "become awakened", to become active from another existence. The soul will shed its flesh and blood body to take on the new spiritual body, which is the incorruptible body. You may be spiritually dead, but you will also take on your new incorruptible body, which you will live in for the Millennium age kingdom of Christ.

Everyone is going to enter into the only dimension whereby any soul can be judged. This change from the flesh body into your new spiritual or incorruptible has nothing to do with the condition of your soul. If you were lost before, you still will be lost, and if you have received Jesus Christ and are under His shed blood, you will be in that same spiritual condition. What is happening is at the sounding of the seventh which is the last trumpet all flesh will be done away with, and all souls will now exist in their spiritual bodies.

Reactions: Nancy

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The Second Coming is given in verse 1. Everything else that comes after verse 1 happens after the Second Coming according to Paul.

The deception by Satan started when Daniel claims, almost 2500 years ago, with the Greeks. Paul says it was at work during his days, the first century. Any attempt to expose Satan was squashed, and a lot of believers were martyred by the Roman church, herself. What Paul declared has happened. Yet Satan will not jump the gun, if he can help it. He will continue to deceive without being exposed, and no one can give the time of the Second Coming. Hint, it is not 42 months after Satan already established the AoD. Every one claims to know that event, but the Second Coming cannot be known.

No , that can't be correct, yes verse one is the 2nd coming, however ,as he (Paul )stated, that Day can't and won't come until after all the verses after verse one happens .

The deception starts after satan arrives ,don't get me wrong ,people are being deceived now but the below has not come to pass

Revelation 13:11 "And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon."

This beast coming up out of the earth looks like a Lamb [Jesus Christ], yet he speaks like a dragon; because he is the dragon [Satan]. He claims to be Jesus, and most Christians will believe him.

Revelation 13:12 "And he exerciseth all the power [authority] of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed."

Satan [the Antichrist] uses all the power and authority he has, because it is given to him by God. God allowed the "one worldism" to take place, because it is in God's plan. He gave us that plan, and that is what we are studying now. It is Satan that will cause the wounded political beast, "one world system" to come back together after it falls apart. Then that system, and all the people on the face of the earth will worship Satan. All, except the elect of God, and those sealed in their minds.

Revelation 13:13 "And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men."

Satan will snap his fingers and lightning will come down from heaven. Satan will bring miracles, and supernatural wonders with him, and these wonders are given by God to perform to test the people of the world.

Revelation 13:14 "And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles [signs] which he had power [it was given him] to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live."

This is the whole object for the great tribulation. "DECEPTION"! Satan is going to make an image of this "one world system" [religious beast] and breath life into system. Their will be something symbolic created within the system that will cause the whole world to bow. This reminds me of the "image" created in Babylon's "one world government" under king Nebuchadnezzar, in Daniel 3. At that time there were only three that would not bow to the image.

I know the 2nd coming can't be known ,however we are to know the season .

What Paul wrote has not happened as satan has not arrived on this earth

You giving types of what happened then that will happen again ,but much deeper

I Corinthians 10:11 "Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come."

"Ensamples" in the manuscripts is the Greek word "tupos", number 5179 in the Strong's Greek dictionary. "a sample, or type; i.e. a model for imitation, a fashion, for manner, or form." So Paul is telling us that those things that we read about in the Old Testament, of the events of the prophets of old are examples of what we should be looking for in our day. This is written to alert all people to be aware of how it shall be before Christ returns. What was written in the Exodus, or in Amos is written as examples for our admonition or warning. All of the Scriptures is given as a warning to those who are living in the times of the ends of this world age of the flesh. We will see the end of the flesh age come to a close, and there are many things that will come to pass right before our eyes that were written about in detail way back in the Old Testament time, and Paul is telling you and I to wake up to those warnings.

Each of the events that took place, the opening of the Red sea, the building of the false religious forms, and so on. God is telling us "look little children that is what is going to happen to you at the close of this earth age". We are living in that age, and these things are happening now. Can you learn by this? It is so simple. God did not leave us helpless nor hopeless in these end times, and that is why we must become skilled in all of His Word. It is all an example of what is going to befall us in our generation.

Now back to Paul and why what you said can't be after the 2nd coming

II Thessalonians 2:1 "Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,"

The subject is our gathering back to Christ, ie His return ,now what does the next 2 verse say ?

II Thessalonians 2:2 "That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is [the Lord is just] at hand."

Paul is saying, don't let anyone trouble you [confuse you], and tell you that the "day of Christ" is at hand. The "day of Christ [the Lord]" is the day when Jesus Christ will return to earth, and gather His saints to Him. This gathering will happen at the sounding of the seventh trumpet. This is one of those tradition's of men [false doctrines] that can deceive you.

II Thessalonians 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come [it will not be], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

What day? He told us in verse one, in other words how can His coming be after the things of verse one , when he's telling us everything that must and will happen before verse one takes place ?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Copy this into your browser and click on videos and you will get to watch Barak Obama praising BLM in several videos.

Barack Obama thanks BLM leaders video

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Copy this into your browser and click on videos and you will get to watch Barak Obama praising BLM in several videos.

Barack Obama thanks BLM leaders video

Do you understand what BLM stands for? What did BLM do other than demand justice ?

What is Black Lives Matter?

Black Lives Matter was founded by Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza, and Opal Tometi as both a hashtag and a political project after the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the 2012 killing of Trayvon Martin. Distraught at the verdict, Oakland, Calif., community activist Garza wrote an impassioned Facebook plea ending with the words "black lives matter." Cullors, a community organizer from Los Angeles, shared the Facebook post and put a hashtag in front of those three words. The ideals expressed — the economic, political and social empowerment of African-Americans — resonated nationwide.

Black Lives Matter: A primer on what it is and what it stands for (usatoday.com)

You have a problem with that ?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No , that can't be correct, yes verse one is the 2nd coming, however ,as he (Paul )stated, that Day can't and won't come until after all the verses after verse one happens .

The deception starts after satan arrives ,don't get me wrong ,people are being deceived now but the below has not come to pass

Revelation 13:11 "And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon."

This beast coming up out of the earth looks like a Lamb [Jesus Christ], yet he speaks like a dragon; because he is the dragon [Satan]. He claims to be Jesus, and most Christians will believe him.

Revelation 13:12 "And he exerciseth all the power [authority] of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed."

Satan [the Antichrist] uses all the power and authority he has, because it is given to him by God. God allowed the "one worldism" to take place, because it is in God's plan. He gave us that plan, and that is what we are studying now. It is Satan that will cause the wounded political beast, "one world system" to come back together after it falls apart. Then that system, and all the people on the face of the earth will worship Satan. All, except the elect of God, and those sealed in their minds.

Revelation 13:13 "And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men."

Satan will snap his fingers and lightning will come down from heaven. Satan will bring miracles, and supernatural wonders with him, and these wonders are given by God to perform to test the people of the world.

Revelation 13:14 "And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles [signs] which he had power [it was given him] to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live."

This is the whole object for the great tribulation. "DECEPTION"! Satan is going to make an image of this "one world system" [religious beast] and breath life into system. Their will be something symbolic created within the system that will cause the whole world to bow. This reminds me of the "image" created in Babylon's "one world government" under king Nebuchadnezzar, in Daniel 3. At that time there were only three that would not bow to the image.

I know the 2nd coming can't be known ,however we are to know the season .

What Paul wrote has not happened as satan has not arrived on this earth

You giving types of what happened then that will happen again ,but much deeper

I Corinthians 10:11 "Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come."

"Ensamples" in the manuscripts is the Greek word "tupos", number 5179 in the Strong's Greek dictionary. "a sample, or type; i.e. a model for imitation, a fashion, for manner, or form." So Paul is telling us that those things that we read about in the Old Testament, of the events of the prophets of old are examples of what we should be looking for in our day. This is written to alert all people to be aware of how it shall be before Christ returns. What was written in the Exodus, or in Amos is written as examples for our admonition or warning. All of the Scriptures is given as a warning to those who are living in the times of the ends of this world age of the flesh. We will see the end of the flesh age come to a close, and there are many things that will come to pass right before our eyes that were written about in detail way back in the Old Testament time, and Paul is telling you and I to wake up to those warnings.

Each of the events that took place, the opening of the Red sea, the building of the false religious forms, and so on. God is telling us "look little children that is what is going to happen to you at the close of this earth age". We are living in that age, and these things are happening now. Can you learn by this? It is so simple. God did not leave us helpless nor hopeless in these end times, and that is why we must become skilled in all of His Word. It is all an example of what is going to befall us in our generation.

Now back to Paul and why what you said can't be after the 2nd coming

II Thessalonians 2:1 "Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,"

The subject is our gathering back to Christ, ie His return ,now what does the next 2 verse say ?

II Thessalonians 2:2 "That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is [the Lord is just] at hand."

Paul is saying, don't let anyone trouble you [confuse you], and tell you that the "day of Christ" is at hand. The "day of Christ [the Lord]" is the day when Jesus Christ will return to earth, and gather His saints to Him. This gathering will happen at the sounding of the seventh trumpet. This is one of those tradition's of men [false doctrines] that can deceive you.

II Thessalonians 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come [it will not be], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

What day? He told us in verse one, in other words how can His coming be after the things of verse one , when he's telling us everything that must and will happen before verse one takes place ?
Well if you accept Satan has been deceiving the world for 2500 years, then you know who the deceiver and lawless one is. That is about as big a revelation you may get about Satan. Satan sends his False Prophet first.

Also the 7th Trumpet is when Satan and his angels are cast out of heaven. They were loosed when the 5th Trumpet allowed the pit to be opened up. So between the 5th Trumpet and the 7th Thunder, Satan will be gathering his angel army and setting up the FP.

What has to happen first is Christ coming to gather the final harvest before Satan gets a chance. So if you accept Satan is the one who has deceived the world since he gave knowledge to the Greeks, you know more than Paul gives us. Paul just knew Satan was already at work. But he would continue to stay behind the scenes until he thinks he can get an advantage over Christ. The Second Coming will definitely reveal all the deception.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Well if you accept Satan has been deceiving the world for 2500 years, then you know who the deceiver and lawless one is. That is about as big a revelation you may get about Satan. Satan sends his False Prophet first.

Also the 7th Trumpet is when Satan and his angels are cast out of heaven. They were loosed when the 5th Trumpet allowed the pit to be opened up. So between the 5th Trumpet and the 7th Thunder, Satan will be gathering his angel army and setting up the FP.

What has to happen first is Christ coming to gather the final harvest before Satan gets a chance. So of you accept Satan is the one who has deceived the world since he gave knowledge to the Greeks, you know more than Paul gives us. Paul just knew Satan was already at work. But he would continue to stay behind the scenes until he thinks he can get an advantage over Christ. The Second Coming will definitely reveal all the deception.

Nope you have it backwards ,satan comes first , does not 6 come before 7 satan comes at 666 Christ returns at 777, it's really that simple

Mark 13 tells us that
Matthew 24 us that
and Luke 21 tells us that as well

So please tell me what part I'm missing?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Christ returns 3 and 1/2 days after the two witnesses are killed . Who kills the two witnesses?

Revelation 11:7 "And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit [abyss] shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them."

The two witnesses' purpose for being on the earth at this time, was to be a testimony against Satan, the Antichrist. By doing this, they are also a witness to God's elect, of His Word. When this testimony is over, Satan the Antichrist will rise up and kill both of them.

Satan is the "beast out of the bottomless pit". We read this in Revelation 9:1. When Satan kills the two witnesses, he will have taken all the conflict that he can stand by these two witness, and go against God's order to "touch not those who have the seal of God in their foreheads."

Revelation 11:8 "And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sod'-om and E'-gypt, where also our Lord was crucified."

The two witnesses' bodies will lie in the "street", which in the Greek text reads "plateia", or "broad place", which, more then likely is a stadium or a large hall in Jerusalem. It is then that the entire world will celebrate. This also will set off a chain of events, and many of the prophecies throughout the Bible will occur in the next three and one half days.

In the mind of the Antichrist [Satan], he has put down the only thing that hindered his claim to deity. Satan's throne is in the temple of God in Jerusalem, and from there, he thinks and will rule his world empire. While the witnesses were alive, their powers made not only the Antichrist's life, but the lives of the whole world just plain miserable. Even many Christians will think that these witnesses were evil, because of what these witnesses said about the Antichrist, whom their traditions have taught them to think and worship as the true Christ. These two witnesses were also the ones who made these Christian's lives physically and mentally pushed to the limit. All, that is, except God's "elect". This three and one half days [84 hours] period is going to be a short lived victory celebration for them.

The key to understand that the location of this happening is in Jerusalem, is in the term, "Where also our Lord was crucified." Jerusalem was referred to as "Sodom and Egypt" in Isaiah 1:9-10, and Ezekiel 16:46, as well as many other passages. The Holy Spirit of God, thus points to Jerusalem as the only place possible, to make that location completely clear.

When these two people are slaughtered in Jerusalem by the one that the world thinks to be God, and the people of the whole earth start their many day celebration because of that murder, know that the time of the murder started the last 84 hours, [three and a half days] before the sounding of the seventh trumpet, and our Lord's return.

Revelation 11:9 "And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves."

Through electronic means, and many visiting in person, the entire world will view, and witness the dead bodies of the two witnesses laying in this arena over the next three and a half days. Why?

It is obvious that these two are witnessing they are from Jesus the true Christ. Part of their testimony will be from the witness that if they be killed, their bodies will arise in three and a half days to meet the true Christ. Satan and his followers will be thinking at this time, "We're not going to let someone come and steal these bodies in the night." This was the same accusation that was made by the "Kenites [Offspring of Satan]" when Christ arose some two thousand years earlier. So there the witnesses lay, while the world watched and celebrated.

These physical bodies will be doing only one thing for three and a half days; "rotting".

Revelation 11:10 "And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth."

The entire earth's population will be celebration over this one, except God's elect. God's elect, those seal in their mind with the truth know the end is only a matter of days and hours. The elect are in a state of praising God, and anxiously waiting for the end of the three and a half days. This is going to be a three day Christmas Holiday, and at the end of this celebration, the witnesses will come alive. When they come alive, the torment will be as a terror that has never been. The Christians that have worshipped Antichrist will know they have been taken in by the Antichrist, and the grace that they had is simply not extended to them. Even more tragic to that is the fact that they will face the True Christ as a Harlot, and an unfaithful bride. Think of the shame that will fall on them at this time.

Revelation 11:11 "And after three days and an half the spirit [breath] of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them."

Most Christians will not even be aware of these two witnesses, or the three and a half day period, until the end of it, for they have been taught that they are going to fly away, for that is what their "rapture doctrine" taught them. In fact most think heaven and eternity is on some far away star or planet, and not here on earth.

After the three and a half days, this is what happens in Jerusalem. God will send those spiritual souls back to enter into the two rotting flesh bodies, and these two witness will stand to their feet. When this happens, and the cameras are focused upon the two witnesses, the people of the entire world are going to come under much fear. The people will not be just afraid, but a life threatening terror. And as the two witnesses stood to their feet, this "paralyzing fear ["epipipto" in the Greek]" will grip the entire world, especially the Christians who have worshipped the Antichrist.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Revelation 11:11 "And after three days and an half the spirit [breath] of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them."

Most Christians will not even be aware of these two witnesses, or the three and a half day period, until the end of it, for they have been taught that they are going to fly away, for that is what their "rapture doctrine" taught them. In fact most think heaven and eternity is on some far away star or planet, and not here on earth.

After the three and a half days, this is what happens in Jerusalem. God will send those spiritual souls back to enter into the two rotting flesh bodies, and these two witness will stand to their feet. When this happens, and the cameras are focused upon the two witnesses, the people of the entire world are going to come under much fear. The people will not be just afraid, but a life threatening terror. And as the two witnesses stood to their feet, this "paralyzing fear ["epipipto" in the Greek]" will grip the entire world, especially the Christians who have worshipped the Antichrist.

All ministers who have taught, "Jesus loves you in your sinful state, you don't need to know the Old Testament, for its past now. Jesus loves the Sodomites also, He's not a God of hate." And the biggest "hog wash" of all is their comments, "We are going to fly away in the rapture, so we will be out of here when Revelation come to pass". Friend, those ministers will know instantly they have been following the wrong Christ. Unfortunately they were not taught in their seminaries there are two Christ's coming, and the fake Christ comes first.

This will be a Shining moment for all of God's "Elect", who stood against the Antichrist, and observed as the events of the seals and trumpets took place. Each of those events marked the proof that God keeps His word, and his plan is right on time.

Revelation 11:12 "And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them."

This is the "rapture" those that followed Satan as the Antichrist are going to miss. The rising of the two saints. At this same instant Christ will be coming here to earth.

Revelation 11:13 "And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven."

Within the hour, the earthquake that is going to split the mount of Olives will take place. A way, or path will be made for Christ's children to make it back to Him.

Why would God kill 7000 men at this moment? Those are the angels of Satan will die at this time, all of them. They are the men that God will kill. Satan's time for his story telling is over, and all those fallen angels helping him will be destroyed.

The "remnant" that is of God's election will give glory to God because it is over. The tribulation, the testing, these flesh bodies, and this earth age of the flesh will be over. Friend, this is not something that is centuries into the future, but in a matter of a few years. We are living in this final generation.

Revelation 11:14 "The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly."

Remember that the first woe was the coming to earth of Satan, also called "Abaddon" in the Hebrew, and "Apollyon" in the Greek, with all his locust army to seduce the entire earth. This is what was taught in chapter nine. The first woe ended with their massive appearance on the earth that would cause the peoples of the earth to worship Satan as the Christ.

Revelation 11:15 "And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of Our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever."

This is the seventh and final trumpet, from the time that the two witnesses stand to their feet, we are dealing in seconds, and minutes for it all to occur. The third woe comes with the seventh trumpet. All prophecy in the entire Bible dealing with the seventh, and last trumpet happens instantly at this time.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The key to understand that the location of this happening is in Jerusalem, is in the term, "Where also our Lord was crucified." Jerusalem was referred to as "Sodom and Egypt" in Isaiah 1:9-10, and Ezekiel 16:46, as well as many other passages. The Holy Spirit of God, thus points to Jerusalem as the only place possible, to make that location completely clear.
both these scriptures have been misapplied in your post n2thelight!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As most of you know, I am a Seventh Day Adventist. We believe we have a prophet. Before being an Adventist however I was 15 years a pentecostal. I attended numerous meetings where people would 'prophesy', giving a word of encouragement, warning, knowledge, whatever, that they believed was coming from God. I did on occasions myself. Some may have been genuine, some just people wanting attention. Others, just mistaken... They were hearing their own egos, or the devil, but certainly not God. I do believe in the gifts of the Spirit. Absolutely. But when it comes to the more recent so called manifestations with regard politics and the affairs of this world, I think the so called prophets are just off the charts altogether. Just sayin.
I don’t really know that much about Seventh Day Adventist, but in all honesty I am non denominational now.
I totally believe in the gifts of the Spirit, but like you I have concerns about all the recent words regarding the political arena. I haven’t had much experience of corporate words being given at any meetings, obviously words have been passed on at times but that has ways allowed for discernment and prayer to follow.
Thank you for sharing on this thread, I am not sure I will continue in the discussion as it seems to be going off in a whole different direction.
Rita

Reactions: Brakelite

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I hear you. I and my family have experienced spiritual abuse exploiting and counterfeiting spiritual gifts.

Our former pastor spoke a "word of knowledge" over my husband from the pulpit... "Brother ___ is afraid that he will come home from work one night to find that his entire family is burned up in a house fire." I asked my husband if this was something he'd spoken to the pastor. He said no. (It was a threat given covertly to us because we were planning to leave the church.)

1. The local fire department was founded by our former pastor.
2. The local fire department was filled with "volunteers" 98% from our church.
3. After we left the church, our barn was arsoned.
4. The arson was after my children and I were sexually assaulted/tortured inside our barn on the 2yr anniversary of my decision to leave the church.

Idk why exactly I'm sharing that, except to confirm that the true spiritual gifts can be counterfeited and used in very corrupt ways.
So sorry, what an awful thing to have happened xxxx
I guess that is why we are encouraged to discern what is being relayed.
I hope you found a much more true and authentic Church fellowship xx
Rita

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you understand what BLM stands for? What did BLM do other than demand justice ?

What is Black Lives Matter?

Black Lives Matter was founded by Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza, and Opal Tometi as both a hashtag and a political project after the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the 2012 killing of Trayvon Martin. Distraught at the verdict, Oakland, Calif., community activist Garza wrote an impassioned Facebook plea ending with the words "black lives matter." Cullors, a community organizer from Los Angeles, shared the Facebook post and put a hashtag in front of those three words. The ideals expressed — the economic, political and social empowerment of African-Americans — resonated nationwide.

Black Lives Matter: A primer on what it is and what it stands for (usatoday.com)

You have a problem with that ?

Yes I have a problem with the whole thing....lol Besides the stupidity of it...Anyone with a brain stem should know that all lives matter.
What did BLM do other than demand justice ?
What did they do...lets see?....It really has nothing to do with justice....It has to do with handling huge black men that are drugged up, and resisting arrest. Over the years these sensationalized cases are more or less the same thing, occurring over and over again. Black criminals that are on drugs resisting arrest and get hurt doing it.

Is there incorrect procedures in play? Yes. But the correct procedures would even be more rough. Armed police officers should not wrestle with suspects. Nor should they be expected to risk bodily harm in the performance of their job.

The other problems that I have....
BLM leaders openly admit being Marxist...if you do not know that means...it means communism.
BLM rioters go around chanting cuss words to Christ.
BLM rioters burn Bibles.
BLM rioters burn cities.
BLM rioters steal....break into business and destroy and loot.
BLM rioters assault and murder.
BLM rioters are guilty of nearly every form of crime and low life behavior there is.

From the other side of the coin, the way they have handled the BLM rioters is insulative to the black community. They treats them like natives on a Tarzan movie. The natives do not have the intelligence or character to be held accountable. This low life behavior is their very nature, they cannot control themselves, so they should not be held accountable. And to believe that justice should be served on them...is considered to be prejudice, by them. That this behavior should be accepted by society. That this is what intelligent good people do.

The BLM organization has done a great deal of harm to the black community. It does not matter if you are white, black, or any other color...who would want them in their community...who would what their children around them...who would want to work with them...who would want to hire them...more harm than good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.