So, How Does Everybody Feel About This? (Talks about sins that involve LGBTQ)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh and just an fyi...I grew up in a church that condemned homosexuality and that having any encounters with them may cause that lustful demon to attach itself to me.
SMH...needless to say I was a major homophobe....until I found out 2 of my favorite cousins were gay. I was raised with them...and never once did a homosexual desire ever enter my mind...guess those demons don't transfer after all.:cool:

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
April...smh...you are one of those who starts a thread on a topic you are wanting to discuss and get feedback from others...
I love ya as my own daughter...BUT...you shouldn't let yourself become angry when someone comments and their beliefs are contrary to how you see things.
Anger is a viscous spirit that causes friends to become enemies...strife and division...where there is envy and strife there is every form of evil spirits present.
You have the right idea about how we communicate and fellowship with gays....but that also should apply to members here who, let's say, pushes your button.:) You give the gay person more justification to love than a Christian who doesn't see it the way you do.
Just food for thought....you are a beautiful young woman and most of the time you have a positive attitude about things.
Use that attitude to turn a controversial subject such as this into a positive debate that everyone can benefit from.
Hugs!
PS: I am not reprimanding you publicly...I am hoping this message speaks to everyone here as well.
God Bless:)

Although that's somewhat sweet that you say that you love me as your own daughter I'm not sure if I believe it because it seems as if you forgot my birthday. :( Also, I sort of see what you're saying but in the same way it's still wrong to show hate towards anybody when they still have the same chance at salvation as the rest of us do and we're all sinners. I don't feel reprimanded,.. I feel that a lot of the people in this thread don't get that and it's just sad to me. Bullying somebody for whatever reason shouldn't be allowed and there shouldn't be any excuse for at all. Take it from somebody who knows. I've been at both ends of it before.

Oh and just an fyi...I grew up in a church that condemned homosexuality and that having any encounters with them may cause that lustful demon to attach itself to me.
SMH...needless to say I was a major homophobe....until I found out 2 of my favorite cousins were gay. I was raised with them...and never once did a homosexual desire ever enter my mind...guess those demons don't transfer after all.:cool:

See?? There is a difference between being a homophobe and loving somebody anyways even if you don't agree with them. I don't see it as rocket science.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh NOOOOOO! I am sooo sorry...please forgive me...
And
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
https://www.happybirthdaymsg.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/happy-birthday-image-24.jpg

It's alright it's not belated it's still today and thank you. Anyways,.. didn't Jesus say the exact same thing that I'm saying? Of course I have to admit He had a lot more patience with ignorant people than I do. XD (I'm sort of joking on this part that's why I have XD there,.. but seriously people really can annoy me sometimes which is why I prefer animals to people. That they're a lot less complicated to understand. :rolleyes:)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to mention I've heard stories about where the bullying gets too far and homosexuals take their own lives over it. Okay? Fair? I think not! I really feel for the parents of the children in these circumstances. :'( Nothing, not even the fact if I had a gay child would ever take away the love I had for them in my heart. :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's alright it's not belated it's still today and thank you. Anyways,.. didn't Jesus say the exact same thing that I'm saying? Of course I have to admit He had a lot more patience with ignorant people than I do. XD (I'm sort of joking on this part that's why I have XD there,.. but seriously people really can annoy me sometimes which is why I prefer animals to people. That they're a lot less complicated to understand. :rolleyes:)
People are very complicated and yet only another human can touch the deepest part of our hearts and soul.
Science has proven that a person would die prematurely without human touch.

Reactions: April_Rose

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to mention I've heard stories about where the bullying gets too far and homosexuals take their own lives over it. Okay? Fair? I think not! I really feel for the parents of the children in these circumstances. :'( Nothing, not even the fact if I had a gay child would ever take away the love I had for them in my heart. :)
But they are not the only victims of a cruel, prejudiced and judgmental society....kids get bullied at school and commit suicide, child abuse, pedophiles, people of other faith, Christians, race, income status, educational status....and on and on...bottom line is we live in the end times where evil will wax worse and worse according to scripture...evil is gaining too much power in the lives of God's people.
Pray for revival!

Reactions: teamventure

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is a list in the Bible of who can not enter the Kingdom of God.
So if one can not enter the Kingdom of God, then one may not enter Heaven.

Religion never Saved anyone, only Jesus Christ Saves.
Mans works are nonsense as such is a Slave to Sin and is under great delusions.
Anyone who promotes Godlessness is going to Hell.

Reactions: teamventure

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Read this @Wrangler and all of you homophobes in this thread (you know who you are) and yes I'm going to call you what you are because just because we don't agree with their lifestyle there's no reason to act like we're better than them because our sins are forgivable and theirs aren't. I'm getting sick and tired of all this hate.

Homosexuals and Salvation

Don't you think calling people so-called christians and homophobes is a little hateful? That's why I pointed out your posts look hypocritical.
I don't see people being hateful on here, just disagreeing with you over emphasis on the subject. That doesn't make them hateful.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you think calling people so-called christians and homophobes is a little hateful? That's why I pointed out your posts look hypocritical.
I don't see people being hateful on here, just disagreeing with you over emphasis on the subject. That doesn't make them hateful.

I give up!! :rolleyes:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just because we don't agree with their lifestyle

I'm sorry that my post so affected you but I do want to say it is not a matter of life style.

there's no reason to act like we're better than them because our sins are forgivable and theirs aren't.

This is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I wrote ...

Like all of us saints, we have to repent of our sins.

Do you suppose the nature of sin is diminished if there is a big struggle for some people?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cause they are a homophobe that's why.

How about rationally afraid?

Why homosexuality has been strongly condemned in most society's is because it is at the same level as murder (abortion and suicide). The result is the same if everyone did it - extinction. One takes a life, the other prevents a life from being formed. This is the natural moral law. Sex is the exclusive means humans survive through time. I believe this forms the basis for the near universal opposition to it, with very few exceptions, including the morally decadent modern era.

Those who embrace sexual deviancy often invoke a numbers argument, e.g., there are 8 B people on Earth so there is no risk of extinction. True but we do not use that to repeal laws against murder due to the same fact. Natural, moral law does not depend on numbers.

For the record, I have several homosexual friends. One in particular I always knew to be bisexual. His sexuality was known from the start and was never a threat to me. He confided in me, years later in many multi-hour phone calls. I know the struggle. He beat himself up unmercifully, feeling compelled to break up with a great woman who wanted to marry him because of his weakness, his inability to control his lust for members of the same sex (He said he could be faithful in not cheating on her with other women). I could not relate but knew my job was to love him, listen to him and reassure him that he can live and be happy. I would not wish that struggle on anyone.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a quick note, I am not arguing this matter anymore as unless somebody brings up a new interesting point I will not be responding to this thread anymore as I feel I've already made my point and it doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere but in a circle. The rest of you please feel free to argue until your heart's content but I'm basically moving on to other subjects now and have a busy night planned tonight for M&M (Movies and Musicals) Monday. :D

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Actually God said this thru Paul regarding people who are comfortable being sinners:

1 Corinthians 6:9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

I think it is interpreted that "abusers of themselves with mankind" refers to homosexuality. But this is sort of what you are saying, that any of these types of sinners are not going to heaven. The link to "abusers of themselves with mankind is in the old testament before Christ stopped sinners being put to death:

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

But I think the point is that we should be warning these types of sinners to repent of their sins and provide them the way to do so, so that can join us in heaven and be with God eternally.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually God said this thru Paul regarding people who are comfortable being sinners:

1 Corinthians 6:9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

I think it is interpreted that "abusers of themselves with mankind" refers to homosexuality. But this is sort of what you are saying, that any of these types of sinners are not going to heaven. The link to "abusers of themselves with mankind is in the old testament before Christ stopped sinners being put to death:

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

But I think the point is that we should be warning these types of sinners to repent of their sins and provide them the way to do so, so that can join us in heaven and be with God eternally.

Please read post 114. (I'm not saying that homosexuals aren't going to Heaven btw. I don't know their hearts.)

Reactions: dev553344

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I will give one more comment,.. being gay is not the unforgiveable sin people so you shouldn't act like it is. Not saying that all of you do but a lot of you are acting like it.

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's interesting that you focus on just six words (from the KJV) out of context. That one verse (and the following) in 1 Corinthians lists a panoply of ten sins: 1) The sexually immoral, 2) idolaters, 3) adulterers, 4) passive homosexual partners, 5) practicing homosexuals, 6) thieves, 7) the greedy, 8) drunkards, 9) the verbally abusive, and 10) swindlers will not inherit the kingdom of God." (NET 2.1)

Why aren't the sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, the verbally abusive, and swindlers treated with the same antagonism as homosexuals, since their sins disqualify them from the kingdom of God?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Amen

The truth does not depend on who wants to go where.

The integration of the 2 points are simple.

First, we are all sinners and all need the saving grace of Christ.

Second, Jesus loves us too much not to be transformed by the experience of receiving the Spirit of God through him. A common question often asked is can homosexuals be saved? Yes.

Can practicing homosexuals retain their salvation if they don't repent of their sins? No.

Like all of us saints, we have to repent of our sins. I know the question of losing salvation is hotly debated among denominations. To me, the definitive verses are Jesus talking about throwing away salt that lost its taste and throwing vines into the fire that do not produce fruit.

I must say I am surprised to see a Unitarian not fully captured by a humanist agenda that attempts to interpret God's word to fit their world view.

Reactions: Wrangler

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's interesting that you focus on just six words (from the KJV) out of context. That one verse (and the following) in 1 Corinthians lists a panoply of ten sins: 1) The sexually immoral, 2) idolaters, 3) adulterers, 4) passive homosexual partners, 5) practicing homosexuals, 6) thieves, 7) the greedy, 8) drunkards, 9) the verbally abusive, and 10) swindlers will not inherit the kingdom of God." (NET 2.1)

Why aren't the sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, the verbally abusive, and swindlers treated with the same antagonism as homosexuals, since their sins disqualify them from the kingdom of God?

You must have misunderstood me. I meant what you are saying. All those types of sinners need to be delivered clearly, homosexuals being among them.