So, were these wrong also?...and why?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born_Again said:
Wow, Keeth, awesome cut and paste job! I hope you feel better. :) I will say this, it is hard to find creditability in someone who needs to see if spell check is working and might take a look at their "prediction" feature on whatever device they are using. :) Quoting a surpassed amount of people proves nothing. To me, you might as well quote a bunch of philosophers. Why? Well, all you are asking me to do is believe what they say. You have no basis to prove what they say is true other than who they are. At that rate, I might as well make Stephan Hawking an authority on the Bible. "But he doesn't believe in God..." Nope he sure doesn't! But the evidence he provides to there not being a "God" holds about the same amount of value as all the quoted material listed above. We look for scriptural proof! :rolleyes:

And Keeth,

We have asked that members do their best to avoid large cut and paste jobs. :)

BA
As a matter of fact, I have already asked that you not do that. ^^^^^^ :)

Keeth

Apr 11, 2015
Born_Again said:
As a matter of fact, I have already asked that you not do that. ^^^^^^ :)
Everyone is of course at liberty to not read anything I post. Why would any of you go and read much longer articles at an internet site provided, when you freely admit you will not bother to read the excerpts I take from the same that are pertinent to the subject at hand. I share as much forgotten and or ignored histroy as I can. Our nation and this world are headed in the direction they are, because it has forgotten and or is apethetic or indifferent to extremely important lessons of the same. We are presently heading down the road of reestablishment of the very powers the Reformers stood up against. It does not bother me if what I post is ignored, the important thing is that I try to kindle or rekindle interest in the abundant testimony of the past, regarding the present and future reestablishment of the same powers and issues that have already been addressed by many a great witness. "We have nothing to fear from the future, save we forget the lessons learned from our past."

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you continue to ignore me about cut and paste jobs, I will delete it and you may eventually be facing warning points...

Keeth

Apr 11, 2015
Angelina said:
If you continue to ignore me about cut and paste jobs, I will delete it and you may eventually be facing warning points...
I wasn't aware of any rule against pasting. I prefer more depth than just I said so. I do not troll the internet looking to cut and paste entire sites or most of any. I do however have an accumulated computer library of books and articles concerning my personal studies over the last 30 some odd years. You are of course free to do as you wish with whatever I post, I am the visitor to your boards. I will not be offended, nor do I wish to offend. If or when it is time to go, then it is time to go. My intention is to get out a message to as many as possible before it is to late. I move on eventually if I am not moved on before then. No offense intended, no offense taken by whatever decision you make. God bless.

B

brakelite

Hi brother Keeth, I appreciate your efforts to inform us all of the history of church/state matters, I learned a great deal from what you offered. Unfortunately, many today have such a short attention span that longer reads are too much of a burden. I remember a principle from the OT when God took Israel into Canaan. He did so little by little, in case the population grew too thin to withstand the numerous wild animals. Agriculture under such circumstances would be impossible. It is the same with people learning new things...things that maybe true and historic...yet have been long since forgotten/hidden/obscured even deliberately obliterated from our history books and learning establishments. It takes time, and small increments, to re-educate people to a whole new mindset and paradigm of historical appreciation. I tend to be overly verbose in many of my posts, when much shorter reads would be more readable. Trying to get over too much information at once tends to stifle conversation. Probably why so many of my thread starters over the years at a variety of forums have been short lived affairs.
That said, I understand the sense of urgency that you convey; I share that same sense of the soon coming crisis. Time is short. So many will be potentially lost because they don't know/haven't been taught, the lessons of past history and are sadly in danger of reaping the whirlwind.

On another note, I haven't yet been convinced that the reformers were wrong. They died mostly because of what they believed. They weren't dumb, they weren't unintelligent, nor were they any less godly or Christian than any here today. They were highly motivated, had a great passion for the lost, a love for truth, and a zeal for God all of which need to be rekindled in the hearts and minds of todays Christians. They knew what they were talking about.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Keeth said:
I wasn't aware of any rule against pasting. I prefer more depth than just I said so. I do not troll the internet looking to cut and paste entire sites or most of any. I do however have an accumulated computer library of books and articles concerning my personal studies over the last 30 some odd years. You are of course free to do as you wish with whatever I post, I am the visitor to your boards. I will not be offended, nor do I wish to offend. If or when it is time to go, then it is time to go. My intention is to get out a message to as many as possible before it is to late. I move on eventually if I am not moved on before then. No offense intended, no offense taken by whatever decision you make. God bless.
Thank you for understanding. Please try to keep your posts down to bite sized so that members can read it more easily and the topic can stay on track.

Bless you!

Reactions: Born_Again

Keeth

Apr 11, 2015
brakelite said:
Hi brother Keeth, I appreciate your efforts to inform us all of the history of church/state matters, I learned a great deal from what you offered. Unfortunately, many today have such a short attention span that longer reads are too much of a burden. I remember a principle from the OT when God took Israel into Canaan. He did so little by little, in case the population grew too thin to withstand the numerous wild animals. Agriculture under such circumstances would be impossible. It is the same with people learning new things...things that maybe true and historic...yet have been long since forgotten/hidden/obscured even deliberately obliterated from our history books and learning establishments. It takes time, and small increments, to re-educate people to a whole new mindset and paradigm of historical appreciation. I tend to be overly verbose in many of my posts, when much shorter reads would be more readable. Trying to get over too much information at once tends to stifle conversation. Probably why so many of my thread starters over the years at a variety of forums have been short lived affairs.
That said, I understand the sense of urgency that you convey; I share that same sense of the soon coming crisis. Time is short. So many will be potentially lost because they don't know/haven't been taught, the lessons of past history and are sadly in danger of reaping the whirlwind.

On another note, I haven't yet been convinced that the reformers were wrong. They died mostly because of what they believed. They weren't dumb, they weren't unintelligent, nor were they any less godly or Christian than any here today. They were highly motivated, had a great passion for the lost, a love for truth, and a zeal for God all of which need to be rekindled in the hearts and minds of todays Christians. They knew what they were talking about.
The enemy is always busy removing the truth from public view. Between this constant removal, and non stop assaults of revisionist history, the truth continues to get buried deeper and deeper. Those who will not dig deep, as though the truth itself were worth more than gold, will be decieved. This is only right I suppose, you've got to want it. God bless.

Keeth

Apr 11, 2015
Angelina said:
Thank you for understanding. Please try to keep your posts down to bite sized so that members can read it more easily and the topic can stay on track.

Bless you!
Not quite my style. Not much interested in I said so, you said so debates. Our own opinions mean little. The word of God endures forever, and the facts of history bare testimony to their relevance and prophetic accuracy for every generation. Apart from this, we are just so much dust being stirred by the winds of strife. A good time to move on I suppose. God bless.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keeth said:
Yes, it took Protestants a good while to figure out the biblical concept of separation of church and state. Some never did, and still have not.
Hmmm...so Catholic crimes against humanity makes them antichrist, but Protestant crimes against humanity were simply part of a learning curve?

B

brakelite

aspen said:
Hmmm...so Catholic crimes against humanity makes them antichrist, but Protestant crimes against humanity were simply part of a learning curve?
Actually no. Catholic crimes against humanity are the fruits we can read of throughout over 1200 years of unrevised history where Rome has replaced Christ with a system of pagan/state sponsored brutality against Christians and non-believers alike. They have erected a monstrous false god within the Christian community that has deceived millions. Those fruits, the Catholic crimes, are still being experienced today by hundreds of thousands of victims worldwide who if not committing suicide and suffering in mental asylums as a result of the abuse heaped upon them by pedophile priests, are taking class action law suits against the church which is declaring bankruptcy to avoid huge payouts in compensation. Instead of rebuking her priests and handing them over to the appropriate authorities, they dump them on unsuspecting communities where they can continue to meddle and destroy the lives of children. One dumping ground of this nature was the Alaskan Yukon territories where the local native population of the Yapik tribe are still having to deal with the ongoing mental and spiritual damage caused by such ignorant and ugly actions of a church that has never known better. These crimes however are not what make her antichrist. They are but the biter results of being antichrist, and the evidence thereof.

As far as the crimes of Protestantism, there is no excuse either. That they were slow in learning their lessons is neither an excuse or is it a militating factor in their guilt. After all, they for the most part were simply carrying on what they had practiced previously as priests and bishops of Rome. Yes, it did take time to learn. Although sadly there are still lessons to be taught them by God that is why the reformation hasn't finished yet.
One thing however I would like to add. Many of the anti-Catholic persecutions that took place, particularly in Britain, was done in order to protect what freedoms Protestants had won. They knew full well that if Catholicism was to regain the throne of England, their freedoms to worship according to conscience would very quickly be rescinded, their leaders hunted down and tortured and killed, and the members of their churches forced to either change their allegiances or burn. Allow me to quote a Catholic source which fairly sums up the difference between the two lines of reasoning of Protestant philosophy and Catholic philosophy when it comes to freedom.

"You ask if he (the Roman Catholic) were lord in the land, and you were in a minority, if not in numbers yet in power, what would he do to you? That, we say, would entirely depend upon circumstances. If it would benefit the cause of Catholicism, he would tolerate you: If expedient, he would imprison you, banish you, fine you; possibly, he might even hang you. But be assured of one thing: He would never tolerate you for the sake of 'the glorious principles of civil and religious liberty' . . . Catholicism is the most intolerant of creeds. It is intolerance itself, for it is truth itself."--"Civil and Religious Liberty," in The Rambler, 8, Sept, 1851, pp. 174, 178. ["The Rambler" was an English Roman Catholic journal published from 1848 to 1862].

Based on the above quote, (and many others I could give regarding Rome's attitude toward "heretics") it can be concluded that while Protestants are in power, the Catholic church would take full advantage of religious freedom in full accordance with Protestant principles that govern religious liberty, however, in full accordance to Catholic principles, if Catholicism were in power every other form of worship would be forbidden with dire consequences to all who resist or stand against the dictates of Roman tyranny. And all modern Popes openly repudiate religious liberty, except that liberty which allows Catholic minorities to flourish. Hence the majority of Protestant aggression against Catholicism was never based on self promotion, but in self defense.

Thus the establishment of religious liberty in America was first a godly principle, second a Protestant principle, but also, a very risky principle; one that many American leaders of old recognized knowing the mind of Rome and the imminent influx of Catholics that would take advantage of the newly founded constitution guaranteeing their rights to practice their religion freely. The fear today for many Protestants ought not be the resurgence of Islam, but in light of the above, rather the majority held position of Catholics on the Supreme Court.

Reactions: DogLady19

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all guilty.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen said:
We are all guilty.
Of course, Protestants can conveniently avoid blame due to their decentralized authority, but as a whole, their crimes in antiquity and today are just as deplorable as Catholics. Ironic as it is, Protestants are quick to assign Islamics as terrorists, while demanding that their leaders assume responsibility, yet Islam and Protestantism avoid responsibility for the same reason - decentralized authority

B

brakelite

Then what excuse for Rome's central authority who chooses to dump its wayward priests upon unsuspecting communities to continue their crimes? And is 'accepting responsibility' the same as the rather weak so-called apologies from the Vatican for the crimes of centuries of persecuting others for 'heretical' offenses such as reading the Bible-putting it down to 'different times'? If they were truly repentant of their crimes would not Rome revise its teachings on heretics? Of course not, they can't...the popes who pronounced the anathemas and curses upon non-Catholics were infallible.

DogLady19

Apr 15, 2015
aspen said:
Of course, Protestants can conveniently avoid blame due to their decentralized authority, but as a whole, their crimes in antiquity and today are just as deplorable as Catholics. Ironic as it is, Protestants are quick to assign Islamics as terrorists, while demanding that their leaders assume responsibility, yet Islam and Protestantism avoid responsibility for the same reason - decentralized authority
I agree with you, but the way I see it, this is all the more reason we should not have organized religion. When we look to some human authority over a local body of believers, we are guaranteed corruption.

Jesus is the head of the church! We are merely parts of the body. As such, each part serves a different purpose. When we try to homogenize the body, it becomes deformed and crippled. It will die a horrible death.

"God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body." 1 Corinthians 12:18-20

"Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior." Ephesians 5:23

When a part of the body becomes corrupt/diseased, we are to cut it off because they will end up infecting the entire body. Being accepting of our cultural differences is essential. But when a denomination changes/alters the Word of God, it becomes a threat to the body, and it must be dealt with.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DogLady19 said:
I agree with you, but the way I see it, this is all the more reason we should not have organized religion. When we look to some human authority over a local body of believers, we are guaranteed corruption.

Jesus is the head of the church! We are merely parts of the body. As such, each part serves a different purpose. When we try to homogenize the body, it becomes deformed and crippled. It will die a horrible death.

"God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body." 1 Corinthians 12:18-20

"Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior." Ephesians 5:23

When a part of the body becomes corrupt/diseased, we are to cut it off because they will end up infecting the entire body. Being accepting of our cultural differences is essential. But when a denomination changes/alters the Word of God, it becomes a threat to the body, and it must be dealt with.
Amen, Sister! I had just noted in another thread, Christ wants the church to be united. We are to be one people in Him. We are to follow His teachings. And yet churches, both Catholic and Protestant have made their own rules on how we are to act, dress, and most importantly, worship Him. Our Lord and savior made it pretty clear how we are to worship Him. If you ask me, anything outside of what Christ taught is corrupt!

I think you hit the nail on the head, Doglady!

God Bless,

BA

DogLady19

Apr 15, 2015
Born_Again said:
Amen, Sister! I had just noted in another thread, Christ wants the church to be united. We are to be one people in Him. We are to follow His teachings. And yet churches, both Catholic and Protestant have made their own rules on how we are to act, dress, and most importantly, worship Him. Our Lord and savior made it pretty clear how we are to worship Him. If you ask me, anything outside of what Christ taught is corrupt!

I think you hit the nail on the head, Doglady!

God Bless,

BA
Thanks BA, and I just read your comment and replied to it on the other thread... Man-made rules are cultural in nature, and no follower of Christ is required to comply with them. We have freedom in Christ, not submission to the authority of a person who him/herself is in need of grace. As long as our actions and words do not cause another believer to stumble in their own faith, we are free to be unique!

"Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor." 1 Peter 2:16-17

"Be careful... that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak." 1 Corinthians 8:9

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brakelite said:
Then what excuse for Rome's central authority who chooses to dump its wayward priests upon unsuspecting communities to continue their crimes? And is 'accepting responsibility' the same as the rather weak so-called apologies from the Vatican for the crimes of centuries of persecuting others for 'heretical' offenses such as reading the Bible-putting it down to 'different times'? If they were truly repentant of their crimes would not Rome revise its teachings on heretics? Of course not, they can't...the popes who pronounced the anathemas and curses upon non-Catholics were infallible.
Who is excusing Rome? I am not excusing anyone. We are all guilty. As I have posted in the past, I am not an apologist for the Vatican - when they act sinfully, they are on their own.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DogLady19 said:

Corruption is unavoidable. I think it is a myth that the smaller the church, they less corruption exists. The way it has been handled in the past by Protestants is to declare a 'do over' by staring a new denomination - we all know how that has turned out. Based on my experience, where two or more are gathered, corruption is in the mix. So the smaller you get, the more tribal you get and the more heretical because there is no authority to reign it in AND corruption.

I chose to join the Catholic Church as an adult, not because I think it is the perfect church - I joined because it has the most experience screwing up and has therefore, learned the most lessons by default - I like it that within Catholicism there is now (finally) a tolerance of individual ideas within the body, which finds its unity in the Eucharist.

Like I have posted in the past, I think Protestants could unite if they switched their focus for meeting together from sermons to 5 min, silent, corporate prayer, not for the purpose of revelation, but for unity. Sermons should still be apart of the service, but the reason for going to church should be for that 5 minute, silent prayer. Catholics still have a homily, but we all know why we are there - sharing the Eucharist - and there is no room for fighting or arguing about it.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not Catholic but I would venture to guess that when the leadership acts in sin, the catholic church as a whole does not scramble to help them cover it up. As our brother Aspen stated above, they most likely are upset with it but that does not change what they believe or their relationship with Christ. Our best option is to pray for the leadership that they change their ways and get right with God.

BA