So what will be the Mark of the Beast at the end time

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God commanded nobody does any work on the Sabbath.

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Apparently, you have to walk to church on Saturday, but only a Sabbath day's journey.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God commanded nobody does any work on the Sabbath.

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Apparently, you have to walk to church on Saturday, but only a Sabbath day's journey.
So your faith is in an obsolete covenant that has passed away and no longer in force.
People who did not keep the sabbath day were to be put to death by the congregation, Fact is you do not keep the laws and commandments of the Old Covenant and Sabbath if you let Sabbath breakers live.

1. Exodus 31:14
    You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does anywork on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Exodus 31:15
    Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
  3. Exodus 35:2
    Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh day shall be a holy day for you, a Sabbath of rest to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

Today is the time of the New Covenant, the death and resurrection of Christ, a new and living way to God.

A New Covenant​

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins [b]and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Christ’s Death Perfects the Sanctified​

11 And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. 14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being [d]sanctified.

15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,

16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” 17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” 18 Now where there is [e]remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

Hold Fast Your Confession​

19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness[f] to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and having a High Priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your faith is in an obsolete covenant that has passed away and no longer in force.
People who did not keep the sabbath day were to be put to death by the congregation, Fact is you do not keep the laws and commandments of the Old Covenant and Sabbath if you let Sabbath breakers live.

1. Exodus 31:14
    You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does anywork on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people.
  2. Exodus 31:15
    Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
  3. Exodus 35:2
    Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh day shall be a holy day for you, a Sabbath of rest to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

Today is the time of the New Covenant, the death and resurrection of Christ, a new and living way to God.

A New Covenant​

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins [b]and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Christ’s Death Perfects the Sanctified​

11 And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. 14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being [d]sanctified.

15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,

16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” 17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” 18 Now where there is [e]remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

Hold Fast Your Confession​

19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness[f] to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and having a High Priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
I have know idea what you are inferring . I simply pointed out the SDA church is wrong.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have know idea what you are inferring . I simply pointed out the SDA church is wrong.
More examples of people who say they keep the sabbath, like the SDA, how they are also not keeping it, they do not follow the commands of the Lord regarding the sabbath, so they are themselves lawbreakers. And are like what Stephen said in Acts, resist the Holy Spirit.

51 “You stiff-necked[g] and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you. 52 Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who foretold the coming of the Just One, of whom you now have become the betrayers and murderers, 53 who have received the law by the direction of angels and have not kept it.

Keeping the Sabbath and despising those who do not, yet even back then Christ told them none Kept the law. If you teach you must keep the sabbath, this is part of keeping the law, and no person can. Failing just once you have failed the whole law.
  1. John 7:19
    Did not Moses give you the law, yet none of you keeps the law? Why do you seek to kill Me?”
  2. Acts 15:5
    But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the lawof Moses.”
  3. Acts 15:24
    Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, “You must be circumcised and keep the law”—to whom we gave no suchcommandment—
  4. Acts 21:24
    Take them and be purified with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads, and that all may know that those things of which they were informed concerning you are nothing, but that you yourself also walk orderly and keep the law.
  5. Romans 2:25

Circumcision of No Avail​

For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.
  6. Romans 2:26
    Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision?
  7. 1 Corinthians 14:34
    Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the lawalso says.
  8. Galatians 5:3
    And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
  9. Galatians 6:13
    For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh.
  10. James 2:10
    For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark of beast is being deceived by antichrist lies and deception. It's being biblically illiterate.
Ephesians chapter 6 . The gospel armour is knowledge and wisdom of God's word.
Satan has many people in spirtual Bondage. False preachers are satan's main tool. Teaching traditions of men and false doctrine.

I have 3 brothers who listen to false preachers. In the past I tried to correct them. They wont listen.
Second Corinthians chapter 4:4. . In whom the god of this world hath blinded the of them which believe not. Lack of faith is one reason.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a sign that says that you are carrying the seal of the Adversary as opposed to the seal of God. We see Gods seal in many verses and it clearly tells us what its about..
2 Corinthians 1:22
Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts

Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spiritof promise,

Ephesians 4:30
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

So what is the Mark of the Beast that puts the seal of the Adversary in your mind (forehead) or in your hand (actions), Lets take a look at the prophecy, so lets start with Revelation 14: 9-11.
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Here we as prophecydescribes the terrible fate of those who receive the Mark of the Beast. In contrast, Revelation 14: 12 describes those who have the seal of God and stand victorious with Jesus at the end.
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. Revelation 14: 12.

In Revelation 7: 1-3 an angel ascends from the east with the seal of the living God. This angel comes down from heaven and puts a seal on people's foreheads. Two classes are represented: Those who receive the mark of the beast and eventually receive the plagues. Those who keep the commandments of God, who are sealed by the angel, and do not receive the plagues. Scripture explains if we just look.
Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples. Isaiah 8: 16.

Therefore, the seal of God is contained in His law.
The Bible teaches that the final issue will be over the seal of God as opposed to the mark of the beast.

The Mark of the Beast is his seal of authority, and that would be "a rule or order that it is obligatory to observe" which he has passed. This would include the Sabbath along with all the other changes he has made that he claims he has the authority to do so.

And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: Daniel 7:25

So it is a change of Gods seal of authority which are his laws which have been with us since creation and were written out on the tablets of stone, by the Beast with false laws or rules of divine observance that are his seal of authority. We are told to follow Gods truth not traditions or doctrines of men, and his commandments stand as Jesus said:

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Fathers commandments, and abide in his love. John 15:10

And we are warned of the danger of following traditions of man..

And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words: . . . beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Col. 2:4-8.

Let no man beguile you of your reward. . . . Why as though living in the world, are you subject to ordinances . . . after the commandments and doctrines of men? Col. 2:18-22.

So who tries to entice and lead you away with these traditions of man, its right out in the open if one looks..
Mexico sent a statue to the United nations of a beast. It looks like the beast described at Rev 13:2-In its inscription-peace and security.
At 1 Thess 5:3-Whenever they are saying-peace and security sudden destruction will be upon them. Worshipping the image means to give ones support. Obviously it will look good to the mortal heart like-peace and security. Or none would give support if it didn't look good. 99% will give support.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mexico sent a statue to the United nations of a beast. It looks like the beast described at Rev 13:2-In its inscription-peace and security.
At 1 Thess 5:3-Whenever they are saying-peace and security sudden destruction will be upon them. Worshipping the image means to give ones support. Obviously it will look good to the mortal heart like-peace and security. Or none would give support if it didn't look good. 99% will give support.
Still can't quote Scripture?

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Reactions: Rockerduck and Jack

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its good for all to put Gods kingdom first and look up scriptures and make sure of all things.
I kind of think you avoid quoting Scripture because it says you're wrong. Even your JW bible says you're WRONG!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we just have to look to see who makes themself to replace God and to put a substitute in place of His Sabbath, its not hard to see who that is.

“The Pope is of so great dignity, and so exalted that he is not a mere man, but as it were God. and the vicar of God.”
Ferraris Ecclesiastical dictionary

“All names which in the Scriptures are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope.”
On the Authority of the Councils, book 2, chapter 17

“The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth.”
Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, “Cities Petrus Bertanous”.”…the Pope is as it were God on earth, sole sovereign of the faithful of Christ, chief of kings, having plenitude of power.”
Lucius Ferraris, in “Prompta Bibliotheca Canonica, Juridica, Moralis, Theologica, Ascetica, Polemica, Rubristica, Historica”, Volume V, article on “Papa, Article II”, titled “Concerning the extent of Papal dignity, authority, or dominion and infallibility”, #1, 5, 13-15, 18, published in Petit-Montrouge (Paris) by J. P. Migne, 1858 edition.

“The Pope takes the place of Jesus Christ on earth…by divine right the Pope has supreme and full power in faith, in morals over each and every pastor and his flock. He is the true vicar, the head of the entire church, the father and teacher of all Christians. He is the infallible ruler, the founder of dogmas, the author of and the judge of councils; the universal ruler of truth, the arbiter of the world, the supreme judge of heaven and earth, the judge of all, being judged by no one, God himself on earth.” Quoted in the New York Catechism.

These words are written in the Roman Canon Law 1685: “To believe that our Lord God the Pope has not the power to decree as he is decreed, is to be deemed heretical.”Father A. Pereira says: “It is quite certain that Popes have never approved or rejected this title ‘Lord God the Pope,’ for the passage in the gloss referred to appears in the edition of the Canon Law published in Rome in 1580 by Gregory XIII.”

Writers on the Canon Law say, “The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in heaven and earth.”
Barclay Cap. XXVII, p. 218. Cities Petrus Bertrandus, Pius V. – Cardinal Cusa supports his statement.

Pope Nicholas I declared: “the appellation of God had been confirmed by Constantine on the Pope, who, being God, cannot be judged by man.”
Labb IX Dist.: 96 Can. 7, Satis evidentur, Decret Gratian Primer Para.

“The pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not a mere man …. he is as it were God on earth, sole sovereign of the faithful of Christ, chief of kings, having plenitude of power.” Lucius Ferraris, «Prompta Bibliotheca», 1763, Volume VI, ‘Papa II’, pp.25-29

“The supreme teacher in the Church is the Roman Pontiff. Union of minds, therefore, requires… complete submission and obedience of will to the Church and to the Roman Pontiff, as to God Himself.”
Leo VIII, «On the Chief Duties of Christians as Citizens», Encyclical letter, 1890

“God separates those whom the Roman Pontiff, who exercises the functions, not of mere man, but of the true God…dissolves, not by human but rather by divine authority.”
Decretals of Gregory IX», Book 1, Chapter 7.3

“Hence the Pope is crowned with a triple crown, as king of heaven and of earth and of the lower regions (infernorum).”
Lucius Ferraris, «Prompta Bibliotheca», 1763, Volume VI, ‘Papa II’, p.26)

“Innocent III has written: “Indeed, it is not top much to say that in view of the sublimity of their offices the priests are so many gods.”
The dignity of the priesthood by Liguori p, 36

“The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, he is Jesus Christ himself, hidden under the veil of flesh.”
Catholic National July 1895

“We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty”
Pope Leo XIII Encyclical Letter of June 20, 1894

“For thou art the shepherd, thou art the physician, thou art the director, thou art the husbandman, finally thou art another God on earth.”
Labbe and Cossart’s “History of the Councils.” Vol. XIV, col. 109

Roman Catholic Canon Law stipulates through Pope Innocent III that the Roman pontiff is
“the vicegerent upon earth, not a mere man, but of a very God;” and in a gloss on the passage it is explained that this is because he is the vicegerent of Christ, who is “very God and very man.” Decretales Domini Gregorii translatione Episcoporum, (on the transference of Bishops), title 7, chapter 3; Corpus Juris Canonice (2nd Leipzig ed., 1881), col. 99; (Paris, 1612), tom. 2, Devretales, col. 205

“The pope is the supreme judge of the law of the land… He is the vicegerent (replacement) of Christ, who is not only a Priest forever, but also King of kings and Lord of lords.”
La Civilia Cattolica, March 18, 1871, quoted in Leonard Woosely Bacaon, An inside view of the Vatican Council (American Tract Society ed.), p.229

“Christ entrusted His office to the chief pontiff;… but all power in heaven and in earth has been given to Christ;… therefore the chief pontiff, who is His vicar, will have this power.”
Corpus Juris chap. 1 column 29, translated from a gloss on the words Porro Subesse Romano Pontiff

“The pope is the supreme judge of the law of the land . . . He is the vicegerent of Christ, and is not only a priest forever, but also King of kings and Lord of lords”
La Civilta Cattolica, March 18, 1871.

“All the faithful must believe that the Holy Apostolic See and the Roman Pontiff [the Pope] possesses the primacy over the whole world, and the Roman Pontiff is the successor of blessed Peter, Prince of the Apostles, and is true vicar of Christ, and heed of the whole church, and father and teacher of all Christians; and that full power was given to him in blessed Peter to rule, feed, and govern the universal Church by Jesus Christ our Lord.”
First Dogmatic Constitution on the Church of Christ, “Eternal Pastor,” published in the fourth session of the Vatican Council, 1870, chap. 3, in Philip Schaff, Creeds of Christendom. vol. 2, p. 262.

“The Pope’s authority is unlimited, incalculable; it can strike, as Innocent III says, wherever sin is; it can punish every one; it allows no appeal and is itself Sovereign Caprice; for the Pope carries, according to the expression of Boniface VIII, all rights in the Shrine of his breast. As he has now become infallible, he can by the use of the little word, “orbi,” (which means that he turns himself round to the whole Church) make every rule, every doctrine, every demand, into a certain and incontestable article of Faith. No right can stand against him, no personal or corporate liberty; or as the [Roman Catholic] Canonists put it—“The tribunal of God and of the pope is one and the same.”
Ignaz von Dollinger, “A Letter Addressed to the Archbishop of Munich” 1871; as quoted in MacDougall,

“The Saviour Himself is the door of the sheepfold: ‘I am the door of the sheep.’ Into this fold of Jesus Christ, no man may enter unless he be led by the Sovereign Pontiff; and only if they be united to him can men be saved, for the Roman Pontiff is the Vicar of Christ and His personal representative on earth.”
(Pope John XXIII in his homily to the Bishops and faithful assisting at his coronation on November 4, 1958).

“This is our last lesson to you: receive it, engrave it in your minds, all of you: by God’s commandment salvation is to be found nowhere but in the Church; the strong and effective instrument of salvation is none other than the Roman Pontificate.”
(Pope Leo XIII, Allocution for the 25th anniversary of his election, February 20, 1903; Papal Teachings: The Church, Benedictine Monks of Solesmes, St. Paul Editions, Boston, 1962, page 653).

“Furthermore, in this one Church of Christ no man can be or remain who does not accept, recognize and obey the authority and supremacy of Peter and his legitimate successors.”
(Pope Pius XI, Encyclical, Mortalium animos, January 6, 1928, The Papal Encyclicals, Claudia Carlen, I.H.M., McGrath Publishing Co., 1981, pp. 317, 318).

“We define that the Holy Apostolic See (the Vatican) and the Roman Pontiff hold the primacy over the whole world.”
A Decree of the Council of Trent, quoted in Philippe Labbe and Gabriel Cossart, “The Most Holy Councils,” col. 1167. The Pope Claims To Be God On Earth

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And of course you believe the 99% will be non JW's, right?

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So what will be the Mark of the Beast at the end time?​

^ OP
The Number of man. (666). Already here, in bar “codes” businesses use for tracking/managing their sales of products.
( Some people ARE tattooing their forehead and or hand with 666, but that which has no effect to buy or sell products).
( Some are promoting and having trials for placing, tracking, managing and controlling CHIP placements in the flesh of humans hands.)

The Name of the beast.
“THE Beast” (be it fallen angels, Anti-Christ men or an Anti-Christ operational governmental System … They have been present for centuries.
* When the whole world is governmentally coming together in agreement…BEWARE.
(For decades the promotion has been a world governance of a Marxist Ideology they are “calling” a “Democracy” form of Government. (Which simply Means; the “MAJORITY” reigns, rules and dictates…and all others are stubborn burdens subject to a set host of plans to eliminate, under “their ever worrisome fear of “too many People”.

Glory to God,
taken

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So what will be the Mark of the Beast at the end time?​

^ OP
The Number of man. (666). Already here, in bar “codes” businesses use for tracking/managing their sales of products.
( Some people ARE tattooing their forehead and or hand with 666, but that which has no effect to buy or sell products).
( Some are promoting and having trials for placing, tracking, managing and controlling CHIP placements in the flesh of humans hands.)

The Name of the beast.
“THE Beast” (be it fallen angels, Anti-Christ men or an Anti-Christ operational governmental System … They have been present for centuries.
* When the whole world is governmentally coming together in agreement…BEWARE.
(For decades the promotion has been a world governance of a Marxist Ideology they are “calling” a “Democracy” form of Government. (Which simply Means; the “MAJORITY” reigns, rules and dictates…and all others are stubborn burdens subject to a set host of plans to eliminate, under “their ever worrisome fear of “too many People”.

Glory to God,
taken
Perhaps something DRASTIC would cause SCREAMS from Liberals for World Government? Maybe a nuke or two being launched?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we just have to look to see who makes themself to replace God and to put a substitute in place of His Sabbath, its not hard to see who that is.

“The Pope is of so great dignity, and so exalted that he is not a mere man, but as it were God. and the vicar of God.”

“All names which in the Scriptures are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope.”

Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, “Cities Petrus Bertanous”.”…the Pope is as it were God on earth, sole sovereign of the faithful of Christ, chief of kings, having plenitude of power.”
Lucius Ferraris, in “Prompta Bibliotheca Canonica, Juridica, Moralis, Theologica, Ascetica, Polemica, Rubristica, Historica”, Volume V, article on “Papa, Article II”, titled “Concerning the extent of Papal dignity, authority, or dominion and infallibility”, #1, 5, 13-15, 18, published in Petit-Montrouge (Paris) by J. P. Migne, 1858 edition.

“The Pope takes the place of Jesus Christ on earth…by divine right the Pope has supreme and full power in faith, in morals over each and every pastor and his flock. He is the true vicar, the head of the entire church, the father and teacher of all Christians. He is the infallible ruler, the founder of dogmas, the author of and the judge of councils; the universal ruler of truth, the arbiter of the world, the supreme judge of heaven and earth, the judge of all, being judged by no one, God himself on earth.” Quoted in the New York Catechism.

These words are written in the Roman Canon Law 1685: “To believe that our Lord God the Pope has not the power to decree as he is decreed, is to be deemed heretical.”Father A. Pereira says: “It is quite certain that Popes have never approved or rejected this title ‘Lord God the Pope,’ for the passage in the gloss referred to appears in the edition of the Canon Law published in Rome in 1580 by Gregory XIII.”

Writers on the Canon Law say, “The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in heaven and earth.”
Barclay Cap. XXVII, p. 218. Cities Petrus Bertrandus, Pius V. – Cardinal Cusa supports his statement.

Pope Nicholas I declared: “the appellation of God had been confirmed by Constantine on the Pope, who, being God, cannot be judged by man.”

“The pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not a mere man …. he is as it were God on earth, sole sovereign of the faithful of Christ, chief of kings, having plenitude of power.” Lucius Ferraris, «Prompta Bibliotheca», 1763, Volume VI, ‘Papa II’, pp.25-29

“The supreme teacher in the Church is the Roman Pontiff. Union of minds, therefore, requires… complete submission and obedience of will to the Church and to the Roman Pontiff, as to God Himself.”
Leo VIII, «On the Chief Duties of Christians as Citizens», Encyclical letter, 1890

“God separates those whom the Roman Pontiff, who exercises the functions, not of mere man, but of the true God…dissolves, not by human but rather by divine authority.”

“Hence the Pope is crowned with a triple crown, as king of heaven and of earth and of the lower regions (infernorum).”

“Innocent III has written: “Indeed, it is not top much to say that in view of the sublimity of their offices the priests are so many gods.”

“The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, he is Jesus Christ himself, hidden under the veil of flesh.”

“For thou art the shepherd, thou art the physician, thou art the director, thou art the husbandman, finally thou art another God on earth.”

Roman Catholic Canon Law stipulates through Pope Innocent III that the Roman pontiff is
“the vicegerent upon earth, not a mere man, but of a very God;” and in a gloss on the passage it is explained that this is because he is the vicegerent of Christ, who is “very God and very man.” Decretales Domini Gregorii translatione Episcoporum, (on the transference of Bishops), title 7, chapter 3; Corpus Juris Canonice (2nd Leipzig ed., 1881), col. 99; (Paris, 1612), tom. 2, Devretales, col. 205

“The pope is the supreme judge of the law of the land… He is the vicegerent (replacement) of Christ, who is not only a Priest forever, but also King of kings and Lord of lords.”
La Civilia Cattolica, March 18, 1871, quoted in Leonard Woosely Bacaon, An inside view of the Vatican Council (American Tract Society ed.), p.229

“Christ entrusted His office to the chief pontiff;… but all power in heaven and in earth has been given to Christ;… therefore the chief pontiff, who is His vicar, will have this power.”
Corpus Juris chap. 1 column 29, translated from a gloss on the words Porro Subesse Romano Pontiff

“The pope is the supreme judge of the law of the land . . . He is the vicegerent of Christ, and is not only a priest forever, but also King of kings and Lord of lords”

“All the faithful must believe that the Holy Apostolic See and the Roman Pontiff [the Pope] possesses the primacy over the whole world, and the Roman Pontiff is the successor of blessed Peter, Prince of the Apostles, and is true vicar of Christ, and heed of the whole church, and father and teacher of all Christians; and that full power was given to him in blessed Peter to rule, feed, and govern the universal Church by Jesus Christ our Lord.”
First Dogmatic Constitution on the Church of Christ, “Eternal Pastor,” published in the fourth session of the Vatican Council, 1870, chap. 3, in Philip Schaff, Creeds of Christendom. vol. 2, p. 262.

“The Pope’s authority is unlimited, incalculable; it can strike, as Innocent III says, wherever sin is; it can punish every one; it allows no appeal and is itself Sovereign Caprice; for the Pope carries, according to the expression of Boniface VIII, all rights in the Shrine of his breast. As he has now become infallible, he can by the use of the little word, “orbi,” (which means that he turns himself round to the whole Church) make every rule, every doctrine, every demand, into a certain and incontestable article of Faith. No right can stand against him, no personal or corporate liberty; or as the [Roman Catholic] Canonists put it—“The tribunal of God and of the pope is one and the same.”
Ignaz von Dollinger, “A Letter Addressed to the Archbishop of Munich” 1871; as quoted in MacDougall,

“The Saviour Himself is the door of the sheepfold: ‘I am the door of the sheep.’ Into this fold of Jesus Christ, no man may enter unless he be led by the Sovereign Pontiff; and only if they be united to him can men be saved, for the Roman Pontiff is the Vicar of Christ and His personal representative on earth.”
(Pope John XXIII in his homily to the Bishops and faithful assisting at his coronation on November 4, 1958).

“This is our last lesson to you: receive it, engrave it in your minds, all of you: by God’s commandment salvation is to be found nowhere but in the Church; the strong and effective instrument of salvation is none other than the Roman Pontificate.”
(Pope Leo XIII, Allocution for the 25th anniversary of his election, February 20, 1903; Papal Teachings: The Church, Benedictine Monks of Solesmes, St. Paul Editions, Boston, 1962, page 653).

“Furthermore, in this one Church of Christ no man can be or remain who does not accept, recognize and obey the authority and supremacy of Peter and his legitimate successors.”
(Pope Pius XI, Encyclical, Mortalium animos, January 6, 1928, The Papal Encyclicals, Claudia Carlen, I.H.M., McGrath Publishing Co., 1981, pp. 317, 318).

“We define that the Holy Apostolic See (the Vatican) and the Roman Pontiff hold the primacy over the whole world.”
A Decree of the Council of Trent, quoted in Philippe Labbe and Gabriel Cossart, “The Most Holy Councils,” col. 1167. The Pope Claims To Be God On Earth
Hobie, you've got lotsa moxie!!! :vgood:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

What a nonsensical distraction talking about popes.
As if that proves Sunday to be a corruption, not a day to worship God by a congregation of believers.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pentecost is always a Sunday. And could be also what John means when saying he was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, meaning the Day of Pentecost. Nothing to do with Popery. I can accept the Lord's Day as either Pentecost and or Resurrection Sunday. We are talking of the New Covenant with Christ, not the Old Covenant which scripture says is obsolete and passing away, no longer in effect, Hebrews 8.

So not a Saturday or Sabbath DAY, NOT just any day, but is Pentecost, the giving of the Spirit to His church on Sunday. Pentecost always falls on Sunday to fulfill 7 weeks and the 50th day on the day after the Sabbath.

Revelation 1
Vision of the Son of Man
9 I, John, [f]both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, [g]“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches [h]which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”

Leviticus. 23
15 ‘And you shall count for yourselves from the day after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering: seven Sabbaths shall be completed. 16 Count fifty days to the day after the seventh Sabbath; then you shall offer a new grain offering to the Lord.
-------------------------------------------
Attribution What is "the Lord's Day" in Revelation 1:10?

What is the Lord's Day? Let's start by showing what it cannot mean.

Had John wanted the Lord's Day to mean every particular Sunday, he would have wrote in this manner.

The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre. John 20:1
Moreover, John (and the other apostles) observed the 3-day sequence of Passover (14th), Unleavened Bread (15th), and 2nd day (16th) on a floating basis; it is like Christmas that is observed on the 25th of December on whatever day of the week it lands. So John would not have Sunday in mind because of the resurrection.

Had John wanted the Lord's Day to mean any Saturday (Sabbath), he would have wrote like this.

And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes. John 9:14
So, what is the Lord's Day?

Lord's is an adjective and Day is a noun. The phrase describes a particular day. It is similar to Lord's (adjective) Supper (noun).

When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper. 1 Cor 11:20
What day is the Lord's Supper? Any day, of course. So what is the Lord's Day?

It is not just any day, but is Pentecost, the giving of the Spirit to His church on Sunday. Pentecost always falls on Sunday to fulfill 7 weeks and the 50th day on the day after the Sabbath (Lev. 23).

Jewish tradition also has the giving of the Law on Pentecost. The similarities are trumpet voice, lightnings, fire, and more.

To reinforce this connection, John specifically says he was in the Spirit.

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, Rev 1:10
So, the Lord's Day is Sunday as it has come to be known, but not particularly because of the resurrection, but because of the giving of the Spirit on Sunday Pentecost.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps something DRASTIC would cause SCREAMS from Liberals for World Government? Maybe a nuke or two being launched?
A one world government has been attempted for centuries. Leagues and Federations of groups of Nations has existed for decades. The UN is poised in position with it’s nearly 100% membership of every Nation to establish a one world government, (which has been their round-table discussions for decades). Currently they are consumed with measures to downsize the world’s population that they expect to be dominantly “controlling”.
(wars, genocide, fostering diseases, drugs, street crimes, abortions, debt and confiscations and corrupting the food chain and natural disasters just isn’t reducing the population quickly enough to meet their goals).

Reactions: Scott Downey