So what's so new about the new Covenant, and is it better, really?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.but thank you for providing a sounding board by which I can get out the true gospel of Jesus Christ...

....and Thank “ YOU” for stealing my ideas and proving that “ imitation is the sincerest form of flattery” ....
Actually, I was using other people as a springboard to share the true gospel even before you started frequenting these boards.

I just didn't boast about it.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I certainly don't think that I am justified through keeping the letter of the law.

However, because I have been justified by faith in Christ, I now have the Holy Spirit; and the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in me when I walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. I am not saying that I am justified by that (although, Romans 6:22 might have something to say on the matter).

I have been delivered from the condemnation of the law and am free to walk no longer after the letter but according to the spirit of what was written (Romans 7:6).

Walking as a law-abiding citizen of the kingdom of heaven is the result for me of being justified by faith in Christ (Romans 8:4, Galatians 5:22-23).

It is a righteousness apart from the law that is nevertheless attested to by the law and the prophets (Romans 3:21) that it is righteousness indeed.

That is absolutely correct and biblical (Romans 3:20, Galatians 2:16).
The Holy Spirit is a different person from the Son. I only say this because when people accept Jesus as their Saviour and Lord, they assume they have the Holy Spirit, but as we know from the baptism of Jesus, the Holy Spirit was later given him by the Father, and then came the miracles, which are the outward evidence of the inner dwelling of the Holy Spirit who comes to those that seek Him.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I certainly don't think that I am justified through keeping the letter of the law.

However, because I have been justified by faith in Christ, I now have the Holy Spirit; and the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in me when I walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. I am not saying that I am justified by that (although, Romans 6:22 might have something to say on the matter).

I have been delivered from the condemnation of the law and am free to walk no longer after the letter but according to the spirit of what was written (Romans 7:6).

Walking as a law-abiding citizen of the kingdom of heaven is the result for me of being justified by faith in Christ (Romans 8:4, Galatians 5:22-23).

It is a righteousness apart from the law that is nevertheless attested to by the law and the prophets (Romans 3:21) that it is righteousness indeed.

That is absolutely correct and biblical (Romans 3:20, Galatians 2:16).

YOUR False, Perverted “ gospel “ says we are Justified by Lucky Repentance.....in your twisted view of Scripture, it trumps Everything....
Forget Grace....forget Forgiveness.....forget Faith.....If you did not have the “ Luck” to repent of all of your sins right before you died.....you are damned forever .....sorry Pal, your Walk Of Faith was a waste of time.....it was a “ walk of Lucky Repentance all along”...... you missed the boat
What utter Hogwash.....small wonder that Paul said if you preach this False Gospel you will go to Hell....I’m all for it....talk about “ trampling the Blood Of Jesus”. It sickens me to have to hear it in here ......

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is a different person from the Son. I only say this because when people accept Jesus as their Saviour and Lord, they assume they have the Holy Spirit, but as we know from the baptism of Jesus, the Holy Spirit was later given him by the Father, and then came the miracles, which are the outward evidence of the inner dwelling of the Holy Spirit who comes to those that seek Him.

I was going to say this in a different thread, so I'm glad you brought that up.

We know that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh; that is, in a finite human body (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

Yet, in Ephesians 4:10 we find the knowledge that Jesus Himself is Omnipresent.

How is He Omnipresent if He dwells in a finite human body?

He is Omnipresent in that His Spirit permeates the Universe.

Who is His Spirit but the Holy Ghost?

Therefore, Jesus Himself is Omnipresent in the Person of the Holy Ghost.

Also, in Colossians 1:27 we find that Christ dwells within the believer.

How does He do that? For He is come in the flesh in the Person of the Son.

I would say that He dwells in the believer in the Person of the Holy Ghost.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOUR False, Perverted “ gospel “ says we are Justified by Lucky Repentance.....in your twisted view of Scripture, it trump’s Everything....
Forget Grace....forget Forgiveness.....forget Faith.....If you did not have the “ Luck” to repent of all of your sins right before you died.....you are damned forever .....sorry Pal, your Walk Of Faith was a waste of time.....it was a “ walk of Lucky Repentance all along”...... you missed the boat
What utter Hogwash.....small wonder that Paul said if you preach this False Gospel you will go to Hell....I’m all for it....talk about “ trampling the Blood Of Jesus”. It sickens me to have to hear it in here ......
Be sure to take Ezekiel 33:11-20 in your Bible and cut it out with scissors...

But just also be certain that you know the consequences for doing that (Revelation 22:18-19).

So what's so new about the new Covenant, and is it better, really?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOUR False, Perverted “ gospel “
You have three fingers pointing back at you (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42).

And until you repent of calling my gospel false and perverted, I do not forgive you (I retain your sin).

And I feel the need to warn you that I do have the Holy Ghost.

So, if I retain your sins, they are retained by God.

Jhn 20:22, And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
Jhn 20:23, Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I was using other people as a springboard to share the true gospel even before you started frequenting these boards.

I just didn't boast about it.

No brag.....just FACT.
Your “ Gospel” is a False Gospel ....It is a “ Gospel” Of Leaven.....God Hates it .....He Hates it so much that He will damn whoever teaches it .....
I “ DO” brag to a degree.....I am Honored to be one of God’s “ Pitbulls” against Leaven .....I will continue to ridicule and stomp it out whenever and wherever it rears it’s damnable head....
“A little Leaven ruins the entire batch”......God put me here to protect Newbies against those that Add to Paul’s Gospel Of Pure Grace with there Bull- Crap tales of “ Lucky Repentance” and “ Damnation for Sins done on purpose”——as Foolish and as nasty as they are.....they are STILL “ Under the Blood”.....
The willful and continual misunderstanding of Hebrews 6 and 10 has shipwrecked the Faith Of many in the Christian World. So has the Satanic Confusion That has turned Repentance into a Work instead of a Fruit Of The Spirit......
Im here to try to show the “other side” of the Bad Teaching That well- meaning , but Jack-Legged , Self-Called “ preachers” continuously spread throughout the World and in here and many other Forums...
This “ other side” that I preach can be found in a song that Hypocrites sing almost every Sunday ..... I am on a Crusade to see that the song is removed from the vast majority of hymnals where it is sung so loudly but not for a split second taken seriously.....that Song is “ Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus” ......May God Help the man or woman who finds themselves arguing against the TRUTH contained in that sing.....”NOTHING means “NOTHING”...... I’ll go to my grave shouting it.....you might want to consider doing the same......or are you too Proud and “ Stiff- Necked” like several that post in here every day ?

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately the damage that you are causing in fighting against the true gospel of Jesus Christ may be irreparable. Someone may believe that I really am preaching a false and perverted gospel and not be saved because they failed to receive the gospel.

So, I am not going to take your sin upon myself in that you have deterred certain people from believing the gospel as I preach it. You are going to have to pay the consequences of that before the Lord.

If you can somehow repair that damage by realizing that I am preaching the truth and by then getting behind my preaching so that those people might be saved, then maybe you won't have to pay the consequences for your sin.

But I want to assure you that there is no respect of persons in judgment (Romans 2:11, Colossians 3:25).

So, the fact that you think that you won't be judged because of your "professed" faith in Christ is not going to help you.

You will indeed stand before the judgment seat of Christ so that you can give account of everything you did in the body, whether good or evil (2 Corinthians 5:10, Romans 14:10-12).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No brag.....just FACT.
Your “ Gospel” is a False Gospel ....It is a “ Gospel” Of Leaven.....God Hates it .....He Hates it so much that He will damn whoever teaches it .....
I “ DO” brag to a degree.....I am Honored to be one of God’s “ Pitbulls” against Leaven .....I will continue to ridicule and stomp it out whenever and wherever it rears it’s damnable head....
“A little Leaven ruins the entire batch”......God put me here to protect Newbies against those that Add to Paul’s Gospel Of Pure Grace with there Bull- Crap tales of “ Lucky Repentance” and “ Damnation for Sins done on purpose”——as Foolish and as nasty as they are.....they are STILL “ Under the Blood”.....
The willful and continual misunderstanding of Hebrews 6 and 10 has shipwrecked the Faith Of many in the Christian World. So has the Satanic Confusion That has turned Repentance into a Work instead of a Fruit Of The Spirit......
Im here to try to show the “other side” of the Bad Teaching That well- meaning , but Jack-Legged , Self-Called “ preachers” continuously spread throughout the World and in here and many other Forums...
This “ other side” that I preach can be found in a song that Hypocrites sing almost every Sunday ..... I am on a Crusade to see that the song is removed from the vast majority of hymnals were it is sung so loudly but not for a split second taken seriously.....that Song is “ Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus” ......May God Help the man or woman who finds themselves arguing against the TRUTH contained in that sing.....”NOTHING means “NOTHING”...... I’ll go to my grave shouting it.....you might want to consider doing the same......or are you too Proud and “ Stiff- Necked” like several that post in here every day ?

Unfortunately, your gospel has nothing of holy scripture within its contents.

I am all for the idea of NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD...

In my view, the blood of Jesus does not only justify (as per Romans 5:9)...it also sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How can I get my hands on any scissors when you have to use them constantly to cut out most of Romans and “ all” of Galatians.....

May I remind you that Ezekiel , although it is a great and of course, true Word of God, was written BEFORE the Cross —— there is no Gospel in it . The Cross changed everything . Ezekiel was written before the Cross , in the Age Of The Law......” WE”, on the other hand, Live in the Age Of Grace.....you need to “ get with the program”....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How can I get my hands on any scissors when you have to use them constantly to cut out most of Romans and “ all” of Galatians.....

May I remind you that Ezekiel , although it is a great and of course, true Word of God, was written BEFORE the Cross —— there is no Gospel in it . The Cross changed everything . Ezekiel was written before the Cross , in the Age Of The Law......” WE”, on the other hand, Live in the Age Of Grace.....you need to “ get with the program”....
All scripture is inspired of the Lord and is profitable for doctrine...(2 Timothy 3:16).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To make your point you are going to have to show how any of Romans or Galatians denies what is written in Ezekiel....specifically Ezekiel 33:11-20 which is what you are denying is profitable for doctrine.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which one of us is "You're odious"...and which one of us is "soon touchy"?

See Philippians 4:2.

I think that with all of your attacks on me, you are the former and I am the latter.

But let not the joking about it make you ignore the exhortation in that verse.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, you say elsewhere, that "You and I both sin every hour of every day."

So then, if you do what you want to every hour of the day, what you want to do is sin.

Your typical , brilliant insight is on display again.....smart people get it....I ain’t gonna waste my time explaining “ this” one to you......I am posting to “ uncommon “ people that “ get “ stuff. You ain’t one of them....Computer ink is too valuable to waste on shallow thinkers .....one does not have to be a “ deep thinker” to understand the things of God .....One+just has to be blessed with “ ears to hear”. You lack those ears .....that is why you are not an “ uncommon man” — the man I am attempting to reach with the Truth...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Blood Bought 1953,

your last post to me was very condescending and insulting.

That kind of attitude is not something that I would identify as good fruit.

Mat 7:15, Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16, Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17, Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18, A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19, Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20, Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phl 4:2, I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.

Phl 2:1, If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
Phl 2:2, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Phl 2:3, Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Phl 2:4, Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

1Co 1:10, Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Rom 15:5, Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
Rom 15:6, That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I would suggest to you, @Blood Bought 1953, that if we put in the effort, we can come to a place of agreement in the holy scriptures.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Blood Bought 1953,

It seems that some people will always have a beef with the evangelist who preaches the law as a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ; misunderstanding their preaching as being "leaven" or "adding law to gospel" when in all reality what the evangelist is doing is that he is preaching the law as a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ.

This is where your misunderstanding of me and false judgment of me lies.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appeal to you that you would not fight against what I am preaching any more. For in doing so, you are not helping people to come to the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour. You are in fact hindering them.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your typical , brilliant insight is on display again.....smart people get it....I ain’t gonna waste my time explaining “ this” one to you......I am posting to “ uncommon “ people that “ get “ stuff. You ain’t one of them....Computer ink is too valuable to waste on shallow thinkers .....one does not have to be a “ deep thinker” to understand the things of God .....One+just has to be blessed with “ ears to hear”. You lack those ears .....that is why you are not an “ uncommon man” — the man I am attempting to reach with the Truth...
So, you are preaching only to the uncommon...only to the intelligent thinkers...thus you exclude from the salvation that you offer those who are less intelligent.

What did Paul say?

Rom 1:14, I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.
Rom 1:15, So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.