so who's looking forward to Christs return?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

who wants Christ to come back really soon

• no i'm not looking forward to Christs return

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i don't believe in the literal return of Christ

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
we are surely living in exciting times. Christ could come back in our lifetimes!! this is so exciting for me. I think of and anticipate his return every day.

Reactions: Marta

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What? I thought he said "I'd never leave you..." He never left.....

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Amen, teamventure! These are indeed exciting times, and the air is almost electric at times knowing that Jesus is coming VERY soon! I feel completely blessed to have been chosen to live at this particular time in the history of the world!

FHII: Of course Jesus has left us and gone on to be with His Father as He said. He is with us by His Holy Spirit, dwelling in each one who believes in Him...yet one day, we will be with Him and be changed into a body just like His and that day right on the horizon.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Reactions: Marta

LoveJesus777

Jan 30, 2012
What a wonderful day that will be when we see Him face to face.

Luke 21:28

King James Version (KJV)

[sup]28[/sup]And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Amen !

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
What makes you think he'll come in our lifetime?

No one knows for sure, but all the signs are there. When Jesus said we should look for His coming when we even see the BEGINNING of ALL the signs being fulfilled, we in this generation are seeing this happening now, and are on alert!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such as? I mean, these things - persecution, war etc. - have been going on in the past as well. My question is, what is unique about the times we live in?

Regathering of Jews back to the land attended by being surrounded by enemies.
Lawlessness/breakdown of authority at an unprecedented rate worldwide.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Such as? I mean, these things - persecution, war etc. - have been going on in the past as well. My question is, what is unique about the times we live in?

One of the major signs was the reestablishing of Israel as a nation again in 1947. It was about God's prophecy in Jer.24 that He would eventually bring Judah back to the holy land and not remove them out anymore. Until 1947 when Israel became a nation again in the land, that had not happened since Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans in 69 A.D.

Another thing is the mention of a temple per Rev.11, with its outer court to be tread upon by the Gentiles for 42 months. It's pointing to a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem, for the two witnesses prophecy then follows that in Rev.11, and all of it is to occur on the 6th Trumpet and 2nd Woe period. Christ returns on the 7th Trumpet - 3rd Woe period, which establishes how close to the end those Rev.11 events are to occur (i.e, our times).

And since we're now in a generation with the kind of technology we have, the Rev.11:9 verse about the nations seeing... the dead bodies of God's two witnesses lay in the street of Jerusalem for three and half days can point to satellite technology, like TV and cell phone imagery, etc.

Per the Rev.13:1-2 prophecy, that's pointing to a world beast kingdom, and in Rev.17:15 Christ defined that about multitudes, peoples, tongues, and nations. It's per the final beast prophecy in Daniel, the one with ten toes made up of mixed iron with clay. Daniel 2 reveals that final beast kingdom is to be manifest for Christ to come and strike it upon its feet, and the whole beast image comes tumbling down together, and His Kingdom is then setup on earth for His saints. The signs of the New World Order globalist system are everywhere today. Globalist leaders have been publically talking about plans for a "one world government" since the early 1900's. One would have to have their head buried in the sand to not recognize that globalist working today.

Oh yeah, another sign we're to watch for: In 1 Thess.5 Apostle Paul said that when some start saying, "Peace and safety", then "sudden destruction" will come upon them. Where was he pulling that from the OT? From the Book of Daniel, which speaks of a false one to come that will destroy many using... peace. It goes with the sign in Matt.24 and Mark 13 our Lord Jesus gave about 'wars and rumours of wars'. Many don't finish what He said in that verse...

Matt 24:6
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
(KJV)

Lot of Churches love to quote that first phrase of "wars and rumours of wars", and then throw out men's doctrines, never getting to the last phrases there. We are to consider what our Lord meant about those wars in relation to that "but the end is not yet".

The idea is simple. As long as we have wars and rumours of wars going on, then the end is not yet. But when the 'wars and rumours of wars' stop... what then? Hey, the end of this world is just around the corner.

And further, what kind of period on earth does that point to when all wars and rumours of wars have stopped? It points to a time of 'peace', the world peace the Miss America contestants are led to say, the world peace idea the United Nations stated as one of their main aims in establishing a one world government over all nations.

It's the "Peace and safety" idea Apostle Paul also warned us of in 1 Thess.5.

It's during a short period of world peace at the end of this world that a false one is to appear on earth, to setup the world beast kingdom of Rev.13, and institute false worship. That cannot happen with nations and peoples still warring against each other.

Reactions: Redeemed86

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
thanks veteran. it would give me a headache to have to type that much. and i never focused much on the peace and safety and suddenly destruction thing. i wish i had now. i'm gonna go do a study on that asap.​

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I'm not sure when Jesus will return...could be soon, could be distant. If there's one thing I've learnt doing some digging on this subject, it's that pretty much every generation thinks they will see the return. Granted, having Israel back in it's land is something other generations haven't had, but they have had pretty much every other sign.
When it really comes down to it, I'm not going to try and guess what is clearly up to God...I'm happy to leave the perfect timing in His hands. I voted above that I look forward to it...not in a imminent sense, but because I long for it every day! How wonderful it will be to look up and see Jesus returning for us on the clouds! Wow!

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Oh yeah, that will, without a doubt, be the moment! But still, it's hard to imagine how awesome it's going to be to finally see with our own eyes, the Lord we have worshipped and followed and loved for so long. We read scripture, and picture Him. We pray and picture Him, and we even imagine His return, but everything we think will be blown away by reality! Bring it on!

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
teamventure said:
amen. or even better, to be returning with him in the clouds..

Rach said:
Oh yeah, that will, without a doubt, be the moment! But still, it's hard to imagine how awesome it's going to be to finally see with our own eyes, the Lord we have worshipped and followed and loved for so long. We read scripture, and picture Him. We pray and picture Him, and we even imagine His return, but everything we think will be blown away by reality! Bring it on!

Amen and amen!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just wondering... You folks realize that the next time Christ returns in the flesh that it isn't going to be a good thing for most of mankind, don't you? For you folks that believe in the rapture theory, fine... But what will happen after that? When he comes, he's coming for war.

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
I'm just wondering... You folks realize that the next time Christ returns in the flesh that it isn't going to be a good thing for most of mankind, don't you? For you folks that believe in the rapture theory, fine... But what will happen after that? When he comes,
he's coming for war.

Really... the Prince of Peace is coming for war?

Logabe

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea..... Ever read Revelations?

I'm not wanted here on this board, am I?