So, you’ve rejected Jesus. Why?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve given your criticism some thought this evening. Thank you for causing me to reconsider my position.

The problem isn’t that which you’ve suggested. The problem seems to be that your antisemitism has colored how you read, interpret and understand scripture.
there's nothing antisemitic about understanding the Bible exactly as it is written.

I presented plain scripture to support my case.

I don't have to hate anybody at all to see clearly what the Bible teaches. I don't even have to have an opinion.

the Bible clearly states things and that's the way it is. the problem is that there are certain elements within the scriptures that deeply upset you because, for whatever personal reason, you have chosen to believe otherwise.

but Truth hurts.

simply embrace exactly what the Bible teaches and you won't continue to painfully trip over The Stumbling Stone that has been placed in your path by God Himself.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
there's nothing antisemitic about understanding the Bible exactly as it is written.

I presented plain scripture to support my case.

I don't have to hate anybody at all to see clearly what the Bible teaches. I don'tg I even have to have an opinion.

the Bible clearly states things and that's the way it is. the problem is that there are certain elements within the scriptures that deeply upset you because, for whatever personal reason, you have chosen to believe otherwise.

but Truth hurts.

simply embrace exactly what the Bible teaches and you won't continue to painfully trip over The Stumbling Stone that has been placed in your path by God Himself.

The Bible isn’t antisemitic. You’re reading it through antisemitic eyes.

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible isn’t antisemitic. You’re reading it through antisemitic eyes.
you don't even identify as Christian. do you claim to have a better understanding of their religion and their Bible?

I'll keep my questions super easy so there's no misunderstanding.

we're talking building-block-basics of the Bible now.

ready?

what people are responsible for killing Jesus?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
you don't even identify as Christian.

I’m a Christian. (In fact, a retired pastor and adjunct college theology professor.) If you were aware of what transpired on Christianity Board last Fall then you would know - and perhaps understand - why I don’t identify as a Christian on my profile.

do you claim to have a better understanding of their religion and their Bible?

I'll keep my questions super easy so there's no misunderstanding.

we're talking building-block-basics of the Bible now.

ready?

what people are responsible for killing Jesus?

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m a Christian. (In fact, a retired pastor and adjunct college theology professor.) If you were aware of what transpired on Christianity Board last Fall then you would know - and perhaps understand - why I don’t identify as a Christian on my profile.
you claim to be jewish monotheist.

jewish monotheists don't teach that Jesus is God. they claim He is not.

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
”[Jesus] was a first-century Jewish monotheist.”

(N.T. Wright, Jesus And The Victory of God, p. 652)
Bs"d

Since he introduced himself as the new god on the block, he was not a monotheist.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you’ve rejected Jesus. I’d like to know why. What caused you to make that decision.

“So, you’ve rejected Jesus. I’d like to know why. What caused you to make that decision.”

It sounds like a done deal. Once you reject Him, you are always a rejector. I’m considering why I rejected Him. For starters it was what I had heard about Him. He didn’t sound full of mercy and grace and truth, but the opposite. He sounded judgmental and full of respect of persons. Like someone who would pass me by as being a weak emotional woman not worth teaching or guiding or speaking to. He sounded the same as any other man. I rejected Jesus because I didn’t trust He could love nor see me. Rejecting Him before He could reject me.

But I was wrong. Everything I thought about the gospel of Grace was wrong and it was my perspective that prevented and rejected, because I didn’t see Him as good and fair and just. A Captain(champion) to those who are weak and broken, trustworthy and full of mercy. Someone once said look “through the lens of Christ”, you need a new lens…I rejected Him when I was seeing through my own hurt and wounded lens which portrayed Him, or painted Him in a bad light.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“So, you’ve rejected Jesus. I’d like to know why. What caused you to make that decision.”

It sounds like a done deal. Once you reject Him, you are always a rejector. I’m considering why I rejected Him. For starters it was what I had heard about Him. He didn’t sound full of mercy and grace and truth, but the opposite. He sounded judgmental and full of respect of persons. Like someone who would pass me by as being a weak emotional woman not worth teaching or guiding or speaking to. He sounded the same as any other man. I rejected Jesus because I didn’t trust He could love nor see me. Rejecting Him before He could reject me.

But I was wrong. Everything I thought about the gospel of Grace was wrong and it was my perspective that prevented and rejected, because I didn’t see Him as good and fair and just. A Captain(champion) to those who are weak and broken, trustworthy and full of mercy. Someone once said look “through the lens of Christ”, you need a new lens…I rejected Him when I was seeing through my own hurt and wounded lens which portrayed Him, or painted Him in a bad light.

It does sound like a done deal (and it is for many) but the reason I asked the question was to find out why a person has rejected Jesus with an eye toward addressing those issues, potentially resulting in a new deal for the person - one of acceptance, no longer rejection, of the Nazarene.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does sound like a done deal (and it is for many) but the reason I asked the question was to find out why a person has rejected Jesus with an eye toward addressing those issues, potentially resulting in a new deal for the person - one of acceptance, no longer rejection, of the Nazarene.

I think of the same …how to address the issue. For me…because I’m a female. It read all the passages on women, Seeing through my own lens I took those verses as sexist. That was MY perspective.

But now I read “the woman” as a whole and not a gender. I wish I could tell other females that God nor the Son of God wrote nor spoke those verses to demean nor attack gender….unless to do away with Greek and Jew, Male and female, bond and free…making one New Body. If they could see what “the woman” really is God speaks of …I think they would read it differently. But as much as females read it as demeaning a gender, if men say the same …I’m not so sure “addressing those issues” is easy. For example if I go to a forum on Google where there is a lot of talk about bible verses that cause people to reject…saying “who in their right mind would accept this nonsense”. They say followers or believers are “indoctrinated” or brainwashed to believe such nonsense. I don’t know if this helps but as much as they say they are not “indoctrinated” nor brainwashed (thinking they are different) from those Baa’ing sheep that will follow anything…they don’t realize they have been indoctrinated or brainwashed also which is the perspective through which they view Christ. “why did you reject Christ?” “From being indoctrinated and brainwashed, all I heard was hate and sexist and tyrants. “ “I swear up one side and down the other that I am right, and finally free from brainwashing or from being indoctrinated by religion” …yet “I judge the Word through my own lens” … “a sexist God! I see! A God full of hate and unmerciful!” …”Nope. Not me, I’m not indoctrinated but free from it.” I want to say “you are more indoctrination than you think.” Not to judge or condemn, but I’ve been there in their shoes. (Imo) no one is free from indoctrination until they see Christ as He really is without all of our damage and warped views.

Encourage a better lens. Don’t hand them over mankind’s lens and tell them to look through that lens and see Christ and accept Him. It’s a distorted lens and it won’t shine a light into the darkness, But instead (that lens) validates (approves)of the darkness. That is just my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matthias

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think of the same …how to address the issue. For me…because I’m a female. It read all the passages on women, Seeing through my own lens I took those verses as sexist. That was MY perspective.

But now I read “the woman” as a whole and not a gender. I wish I could tell other females that God nor the Son of God wrote nor spoke those verses to demean nor attack gender….unless to do away with Greek and Jew, Male and female, bond and free…making one New Body. If they could see what “the woman” really is God speaks of …I think they would read it differently. But as much as females read it as demeaning a gender, if men say the same …I’m not so sure “addressing those issues” is easy. For example if I go to a forum on Google where there is a lot of talk about bible verses that cause people to reject…saying “who in their right mind would accept this nonsense”. They say followers or believers are “indoctrinated” or brainwashed to believe such nonsense. I don’t know if this helps but as much as they say they are not “indoctrinated” nor brainwashed (thinking they are different) from those Baa’ing sheep that will follow anything…they don’t realize they have been indoctrinated or brainwashed also which is the perspective through which they view Christ. “why did you reject Christ?” “From being indoctrinated and brainwashed, all I heard was hate and sexist and tyrants. “ “I swear up one side and down the other that I am right, and finally free from brainwashing or from being indoctrinated by religion” …yet “I judge the Word through my own lens” … “a sexist God! I see! A God full of hate and unmerciful!” …”Nope. Not me, I’m not indoctrinated but free from it.” I want to say “you are more indoctrination than you think.” Not to judge or condemn, but I’ve been there in their shoes. (Imo) no one is free from indoctrination until they see Christ as He really is without all of our damage and warped views.

Encourage a better lens. Don’t hand them over mankind’s lens and tell them to look through that lens and see Christ and accept Him. It’s a distorted lens and it won’t shine a light into the darkness, But instead (that lens) validates (approves)of the darkness. That is just my opinion.

Not to be crude but I think of the eunuch where Philip began at the same passage in the OT (by the way, Phillip preached Jesus Christ in the OT) to the eunuch … if the eunuch leaned in only to see and quickly look away… “damn that is ugly” would the eunuch reject it?

If the eunuch leans in and weeps, seeing, “oh wow, that is beautiful.” Looking to Christ, saying “I want that. Show me that again! That is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. Why does it say yet we desired Him not? Who wouldn’t desire that?” The eunuch looking at Phillip “are you speaking of you …or some other man? Because that man is the real deal! how do I know Him?”

Reactions: Matthias