Sodom.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

We tend to think of homosexuality and licentiousness when considering God's judgement upon Sodom. But I would suggest we pause somewhat and take stock of where we are, and what truly was Sodom's sin.
Ezekiel 16:49
Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

I wonder if the moral issues were but the fruit or end result of the core issues as stated above by the prophet Ezekiel. Pride, selfishness, arrogance.
Reminds me of

Revelation 3:15
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I believe God will have to apologise to Sodom if the present church does not come before God in judgement. The same with individuals. Shall we get off scot free for our own selfishness, complacency, and lust for luxury and riches? Are we assuming that God approves of us while we are wealthy yet failing to share that wealth with others?

B

brakelite

Notice also that one of Sodom's faults was an"abundance of idleness". Interesting.

Reactions: Helen