Sola Scriptura

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Those who reject Sola Scriptura have a form of godliness after the form of their traditions, which were not delivered to us by God's prophets and apostles:

But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

They who were once delivered from serving sin by the word of the truth of the Gospel according to the scriptures, have returned to the service of sin by the form of doctrine and traditions of men not in Scripture.

Mystery Babylon: the Mother of all harlot traditions of men.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Paul said if he himself came preaching another gospel than that delivered at the first, then he was to be anathema to the hearers.

The gospel delivered at the first was according to Scripture, all other gospel are false and cursed after the traditions of men that came later.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, by the numbers ( and truncated)

Historically and b[/B]y doctrine and practice. This claim by the RCC is only true to a point and on the surface. it is highly revisionist because those are not the same churches the RCC is since Trent era. Additionally these were not universal councils.

Additionally, the writings as an assembly existed independently of any RCC involvement (Codex Sinaiticus and Alexandrainus for some more well known) and the OT long assembled even before Christ.

Those are only partially correct and dont touch other equally valid sources. At best the "pre" RCC ( while there was some legitimacy) assembles one volume of what has become the bible of today but the RCC has never been a sole possessor, author or final authority of any of it regardless of what its own unchecked and patently false revisionist history tries to sell. It runs a close parallel to when another 'rome' tried to rewrite its history and make facts "fit' the state narrative last century.
WRONG.

There were MANY lists in existence before the Council of Rome in 382 - but NO official Canon of Scripture existed. MANY of those lists included apocryphal works like the Shepherd of Hermas, the Epistles of Barnabas, the Gospel of Peter, the Letters of Clement and so on.
These Letters were considered as Sacred Scripture for hundreds of years and read from pulpits for the first few centuries.

As I showed you in my last post - that SAME list was reiterated and confirmed at Hippo (393) and Carthage (397). It included 46 OT Books - 7 of which were removed by Protestants during the 16th century Revolt.

Luther wanted to remove several Books from the New Testament as well including, James, Hebrews, Jude and Revelation because they were "too Catholic". fortunately, cooler heads prevailed and the books remained - so he invented doctrines around them instead, like Sola Fide.

The Catholic Church if today is the SAME Catholic Church of Ignatius's time - and the SAME Catholic Church of the Councils of Rome and Trent. with the SAME doctrines and practices. Whenever ignorant anti-Catholics are at a loss for facts - they usually make the same idiotic claim YOU just did by stating that it is a "different" Catholic Church.
The onus is on YOU to show me HOW its teachings beliefs and practices are "different".

CAN you do that?
I didn't think so . . .

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stay firmly planted in that bible . Let not the RCC or any other steal thy crown . Stay planted in the bible . Love it .
Embrace those glorious words . Being hearers and doers of the Word .
One thing a false prophet hates , is a lamb that stands firmly planted in the word . For that lamb cannot be won to the contrary traditions of men .
Heed Christ , faithful to the end my friends . And let not a harlot steer any in the direction of her chambers .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stay firmly planted in that bible . Let not the RCC or any other steal thy crown . Stay planted in the bible . Love it .
One thing a false prophet hates , is a lamb that stands firmly planted in the word . For that lamb cannot be won to the contrary traditions of men .
Heed Christ , faithful to the end my friends . And let not a harlot steer any in the direction of her chambers .
And let not anybody teach you the man-made fallacy of Sola Scriptura unless they can PROVE it from Sola Scriptura.
A feat that NONE of you has been able to accomplish yet on this thread . . .. . .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some folks get angry and bothered when they cant win recruits to their temple .
But you all knew well what i was and that this ol heart wont be swayed to the RCC or any other denomination that teaches
error . Stay planted in those bibles , for many have been deceived and come to deceive . Test all things that are said .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A good start? It doesn't even get out of the starting blocks!
All scripture is inspired by God and profitable [or useful in some translations] for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness. Profitable/useful yes, of course. But that does not say only scripture is profitable/useful.​

Try again.

Scripture stands sufficient that it is Profitable.

Perhaps you could quote a man whose words are more Profitable than Gods Word.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And let not anybody teach you the man-made fallacy of Sola Scriptura unless they can PROVE it from Sola Scriptura.
A feat that NONE of you has been able to accomplish yet on this thread . . .. . .

Scripture speaks for itself.
Expressly Inspired by God.

If you think express reliance on Scripture is a fallacy or unreliable...
That is your choice, and you have revealed your choice.

Instead of demanding people prove to you, what they chose....Why not PROVE your choice of men or demons inspiration is greater that Gods Himself?

2 Tim 3:
[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Paul said if he himself came preaching another gospel than that delivered at the first, then he was to be anathema to the hearers.

The gospel delivered at the first was according to Scripture, all other gospel are false and cursed after the traditions of men that came later.

This is the TRUE History of the CHURCH = Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence In love He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will,…

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is the TRUE History of the CHURCH = Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence In love He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will,…

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More opinions.
Your challenge is to prove Sola Scriptura from scripture not from your opinions.
If you cannot provide any scripture than please don't waste my time.

Scripture was given you.
Scripture is inspired by God.

If you don't believe it...make your own case
Against inefficiency of Scripture.

Your little game is transparent and a typical ploy of Catholic teaching...in attempting to get someone else to make your case for you.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whether the Catholic Church has changed any command from God has yet to be proved. I deny it.
Question: Which is the Sabbath day?
Answer: Saturday is the Sabbath day.

Question: Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?
Answer: We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.
—Rev. Peter Geiermann C.SS.R., The Convert’s Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, p. 50

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Look, are you cracking jokes here - because you have me laughing - funny things people say get me laughing.

So here is the real deal - The Eternal God He has this question for you:
Who has directed the Spirit of the Lord,
Or as His counselor has informed Him?
With whom did He consult and who gave Him understanding?
And who taught Him in the path of justice and taught Him knowledge,
And informed Him of the way of understanding? Isaiah 40: 13-14

Here is the answer to God's Own Question
Every word of God is flawless
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar.
Proverbs 30: 5-6

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Look, are you cracking jokes here - because you have me laughing - funny things people say get me laughing.

So here is the real deal - The Eternal God He has this question for you:
Who has directed the Spirit of the Lord,
Or as His counselor has informed Him?
With whom did He consult and who gave Him understanding?
And who taught Him in the path of justice and taught Him knowledge,
And informed Him of the way of understanding?

Here is the answer to God's Own Question
Every word of God is flawless
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar.
@David in NJ This is a Psalm, right? :)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who reject Sola Scripture, but allow for traditions an dcommandments of men that Scripture does not confirm, put their trust in men rather than in God only.

Sola Scriptura is necessary for trusting in God only.

God's Word is the only sure Word to believe and obey as God, and Scripture is the only sure Word of God written for us to hear and believe.

Sola Scriptura is God only: in trust and worship and service.

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey.

What we hear and obey, is what we give ourselves servants to, and if it is not of God, but of men only, then it is not God, but men we obey to serve. Sola Scriptura is the surety that the word and commandment and tradition and ordinance we obey is from God, and our service is to God indeed.

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Those who reject Sola Scriptura and are taught by their masters to be lovers of their own traditions do not serve the Lord God, but the devil.

Yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Why do them that profess God kill them that are of God, thinking to serve God?

Because they are not Sola Scriptura and have thoroughly given themselves over the traditions of men and service to the devil.

The devil hates Sola Scriptura.

Like I said, first you have to get past all the modifications to the scriptures to know what sola scriptura is.
Then you have to prove that God did not make any corrections or gave additional information over the past 1935 years.
Some how God was silenced. AHHH!

Still the topic being the Bible and sola scripture there is a lot of information I have on that.
And still I have made it clear that the process of salvation has been preserved in most translations of the Bible and Protestant denominations.
Also I go to church nearly every Sunday and participate in church functions. And 95 percent of the time I am standing and praising the Lord and singing hymns with fundamentalists, either denominational churches or non-denominational churches. So it is not that I have anything against fundamentalist or think they are not saved.

Having said that, you get stupid again and I will put you on ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.