Someone believe that the Lord Jesus is not God, but the Son of God.Why?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hora.J

Oct 15, 2015
[SIZE=12pt]Hi, everybody! Let’s first read a few passages of the Scripture:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]with God, and the Word was God.” [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt](John:1:1)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelled among us, full of grace and truth.” (John: 1:14)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] “Philip said to him, Lord, show us the Father, and it suffises us. Jesus said to him, [/SIZE]Have I been so long time with you, and yet have you not known me, Philip? he that has seen me has seen the Father; and how say you then, Show us the Father? Believe you not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak to you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwells in me, he does the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works’ sake.[SIZE=12pt]” (John: 14: 8-11)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] From these scriptures, we can know clearly that Jesus is God, which is beyond dispute. Those who believe that Jesus is not God but the Son of God don’t know what incarnation is all about. God’s incarnate flesh comes from God’s Spirit, and He is God Himself. If one doesn’t know God’s Spirit or the substance of Christ, they will say that Jesus is the Son of Jehovah and deny that Jesus is God Himself. This is just like the unbelievers’ only acknowledging that Jesus was the son of Joseph, a man of Nazareth. If one doesn’t even believe Jesus’ words “[/SIZE]I am in the Father, and the Father in me[SIZE=12pt]” and “[/SIZE]I and my Father are one[SIZE=12pt],” it shows that they have no knowledge of Jesus and the substance of God incarnate. As such, they don’t accept that the incarnate God is God Himself.[/SIZE]
But do you have any different viewpoint?

iakov

Jan 17, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hora.J said:
[SIZE=12pt]God’s incarnate flesh comes from God’s Spirit, and He is God Himself. [/SIZE]

But do you have any different viewpoint?
God's incarnate flesh comes from Mary. If it did not then He would not be both God and man.

r4hnsn

Feb 18, 2016
I usually find that they don't believe He is God, so they don't have to obey all He teaches, If He be only a prophet or less then God, then they can go the broad way.

B

brakelite

Jesus is deity/God/divine because He is the Son of God. Jesus, by natural birthright and inheritance, received His Father's nature. I am a son of a man, therefore I am man. Jesus is the Son of God, therefore He is God.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
OzSpen said:
Neither of these verses confirms that Mary was not the one through whom Jesus' flesh came.
Conception is where flesh starts. Mary definitely gave birth, but the Holy Spirit CAUSED that conception. It was planned, not an accident. The RCC gives wat to much credit to Mary.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
OzSpen said:
Neither of these verses confirms that Mary was not the one through whom Jesus' flesh came.
So from where did He get the flesh of man?

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
tom55 said:
So from where did He get the flesh of man?
Tom,

I hope you mean the flesh of human beings when you use the generic 'man'. There was only one place for Jesus to become flesh and that was through the flesh of Mary. Without the Holy Spirit's causing Mary to conceive, there would have been no Jesus in the flesh.

Oz

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
OzSpen said:
Tom,

I hope you mean the flesh of human beings when you use the generic 'man'. There was only one place for Jesus to become flesh and that was through the flesh of Mary. Without the Holy Spirit's causing Mary to conceive, there would have been no Jesus in the flesh.

Oz
I think we are in agreement? Jesus got his flesh from Mary!!

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Jesus is God and he walked here on earth - spirit, soul and body ? Incarnated completely into flesh - yet it says no man has seen God John 1:18

If its just the spirit, we have the same spirit also in us, so we are God to, one in him.
Jesus said " I am in them to be one " John 17

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Bible_Gazer said:
So Jesus is God and he walked here on earth - spirit, soul and body ? Incarnated completely into flesh - yet it says no man has seen God John 1:18
If its just the spirit, we have the same spirit also in us, so we are God to, one in him.
If you read the whole of John 1:18, will see it says that Jesus himself was God. Reading something in context is always the key to understanding what it says.
Hebrews 1:3 explains the hypostatic nature of Jesus, and it needs to be understood from all of the New Testament scripture and not just one or two words.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bible_Gazer said:

Bible_Gazer said:

Bible_Gazer,

Jesus was the God-man and when Jesus walked on earth, you saw the incarnated Jesus - the Jesus in the flesh.

We can't see your spirit or mine.

Your second paragraph does not make sense to me. I do not know what you are wanting to say.

Oz

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
If you read the whole of John 1:18, will see it says that Jesus himself was God. Reading something in context is always the key to understanding what it says.
Hebrews 1:3 explains the hypostatic nature of Jesus, and it needs to be understood from all of the New Testament scripture and not just one or two words.
John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
Hebrews 1:3
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

I see two separate beings here.

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OzSpen said:
Bible_Gazer,

Jesus was the God-man and when Jesus walked on earth, you saw the incarnated Jesus - the Jesus in the flesh.

We can't see your spirit or mine.

Your second paragraph does not make sense to me. I do not know what you are wanting to say.

Oz
What you are saying Jesus was God - spirit, soul and body - nothing less
People can see your spirit how it is manifested, same way with the Holy Ghost is manifested in someone.

2nd statement is saying if the spirit of God is in Jesus and that made him a God, then that same spirit in us makes us a God also
because we become one with God as Jesus was with God.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Bible_Gazer said:
John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
Hebrews 1:3
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
I see two separate beings here.
You need to get an up to date modern English version to actually understand what the English says.

John 1:18 (NIV)
No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Heb 1:3 (NIV)
The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bible_Gazer said:
What you are saying Jesus was God - spirit, soul and body - nothing less
People can see your spirit how it is manifested, same way with the Holy Ghost is manifested in someone.

2nd statement is saying if the spirit of God is in Jesus and that made him a God, then that same spirit in us makes us a God also
because we become one with God as Jesus was with God.
No I am not saying Jesus is God because he is spirit, soul and body.

Jesus was always God (see John 1:1).

Nobody can see your spirit or mine. It is invisible. It leaves the body at death and goes to be with God, but the body goes into the earth to become dust (Ecclesiastes 12:7).

Since when did the Spirit of God make Jesus a God? Jesus was THE God (John 1:1, 'The Word was God', i.e. Jesus the Word was THE God.

So are you a Mormon who believes human beings become gods?

You are promoting very unorthodox theology in your post.

Oz