Son of God/Son of man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I was thinking about something @Lambano said the other day about…Jesus absolutely having to be tempted just as we are and the struggle we have trying to understand it that He could be tempted if He was God.

So what was His temptation? Satan didn’t say, if You are the son of man, turn this stone to bread. He said, if you are the Son of God…

Elsewhere we read of demons crying out, we know who You are, you’re the Son of God. And He told them to be silent. And He also, in other places, told people to be silent about who He was.

I’m struggling to get this out…the temptation was to do something AS God rather than AS a son of man. As the son of man, He was very hungry and had to trust and rely on Gods Spirit and humble Himself. As the son of God, He could have made some bread.

He was talking with someone He Himself had created. How odd to think of that. Someone He had created was trying to tempt Him…

Maybe I didn’t explain that well enough…

And this thought is odd too then-
WE have to struggle against the temptation to do things as a son of man and to only do things as Sons of God…
So…I mean, do you see it…?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Son of God/Son of man
OP ^

Born as the Son of man...

Luke 1:
[31] And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

[35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Foretold...that holy thing...shall be called “the Son of God”.

30 Years LATER....
Luke 3:
[23] And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age...

Luke 3:
[22] And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Acts 13:

[33] God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Heb 1:
[5] For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Declared BY God...
God would be A FATHER to Him.

He would be to God A SON.

Jesus’ Kingdom is NOT YET manifested on EARTH.
Jesus’ Kingdom is PRESENTLY in HEAVEN.
Jesus’ ON Earth (Gods footstool) AS the SON.
God IN Heaven (Holy Place) IS the FATHER.
Jesus’ Kingdom manifested on Earth...KING/LORD.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Son of God/Son of man
OP ^

Born as the Son of man...

Luke 1:
[31] And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

[35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Foretold...that holy thing...shall be called “the Son of God”.

30 Years LATER....
Luke 3:
[23] And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age...

Luke 3:
[22] And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Acts 13:

[33] God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Heb 1:
[5] For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Declared BY God...
God would be A FATHER to Him.

He would be to God A SON.

Jesus’ Kingdom is NOT YET manifested on EARTH.
Jesus’ Kingdom is PRESENTLY in HEAVEN.
Jesus’ ON Earth (Gods footstool) AS the SON.
God IN Heaven (Holy Place) IS the FATHER.
Jesus’ Kingdom manifested on Earth...KING/LORD.
It's interesting that in Hebrews 1.3 the Lord Jesus, God's beloved Son, is at right hand of the Father.

Reactions: Taken and Helen

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He was talking with someone He Himself had created. How odd to think of that. Someone He had created

Hi stunned,

While Jesus knew who the tempter was, I'm not sure the tempter was convinced Jesus was the one..

Could any ordinary man refuse such temptation?

Not but by the power of the Holy Spirit!

Pax et Bonum

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christophany said:
The clear teaching of Scripture is that Jesus was impeccable—Jesus could not have sinned. If He could have sinned, He would still be able to sin today because He retains the same essence He did while living on earth. He is the God-Man and will forever remain so, having full deity and full humanity so united in one person as to be indivisible. To believe that Jesus could sin is to believe that God could sin. “For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him” (Colossians 1:19). Colossians 2:9 adds, “For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form.”[/QUOTE\]

I believe that Jesus could have sinned but chose not to, because of the love he had for his Father, who is YHWH God. I just think If it was impossible for Jesus to sin, then it was impossible for him to be tempted like Adam and Eve were tempted.The scriptures show that Jesus was tempted like us but did not sin. So I believe Jesus didn't sin because of the love he had for his Father, who is YHWH God.
I don't believe Jesus to be a God-man because the first man Adam wasn't a God-man.
The first Adam was a 100% perfect human with a perfect mind and body, and he wasn't created with a sinful nature. So the ransom that had to be paid to buy back mankind was a 100% perfect human with a perfect mind and body who had no sinful nature. That's how the promise seed came, as a perfect 100% human with a perfect mind and body and having no sinful nature like the first Adam. The promise seed Jesus proved by being tempted like the first Adam was tempted but remaining sinless that the first Adam could have chosen to be obedient when tempted if he had loved the true God YHWH as the last Adam did.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi stunned,

While Jesus knew who the tempter was, I'm not sure the tempter was convinced Jesus was the one..

Could any ordinary man refuse such temptation?

Not but by the power of the Holy Spirit!

Pax et Bonum
If other demons knew who he was , rest asssured so did satan .
Its just satan is the great temptor . HE knew who JESUS was .
Even the other demons knew . Jesus had to silence them in some places . THEY KNEW , Satan knew .
But satan always tries to allure and to decieve . BUT IT WONT WORK ON GOD . I must say
GOD KNEW ALL ALONG HE WAS GONNA HAVE TO SAVE MANKIND . HE IS the ONLY ONE WHO COULD FULLFILL
his own RIGHTEOUS LAW . On that note i say PRAISE GOD the FATHER OF OUR LORD and SAVOIR JESUS CHRIST .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christophany said:
The clear teaching of Scripture is that Jesus was impeccable—Jesus could not have sinned. If He could have sinned, He would still be able to sin today because He retains the same essence He did while living on earth. He is the God-Man and will forever remain so, having full deity and full humanity so united in one person as to be indivisible. To believe that Jesus could sin is to believe that God could sin. “For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him” (Colossians 1:19). Colossians 2:9 adds, “For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form.”[/QUOTE\]

I believe that Jesus could have sinned but chose not to, because of the love he had for his Father, who is YHWH God. I just think If it was impossible for Jesus to sin, then it was impossible for him to be tempted like Adam and Eve were tempted.The scriptures show that Jesus was tempted like us but did not sin. So I believe Jesus didn't sin because of the love he had for his Father, who is YHWH God.
I don't believe Jesus to be a God-man because the first man Adam wasn't a God-man.
The first Adam was a 100% perfect human with a perfect mind and body, and he wasn't created with a sinful nature. So the ransom that had to be paid to buy back mankind was a 100% perfect human with a perfect mind and body who had no sinful nature. That's how the promise seed came, as a perfect 100% human with a perfect mind and body and having no sinful nature like the first Adam. The promise seed Jesus proved by being tempted like the first Adam was tempted but remaining sinless that the first Adam could have chosen to be obedient when tempted if he had loved the true God YHWH as the last Adam did.
Can GOD sin , can GOD LIE , CAN HIS WORD LIE . NOPE .
GOD knew what HE was doing . To save MANKIND HE was gonna have to do it himself .
Now i say we owe HIM all and a whole lot of grattitude and joyous attitude with much thanksgvings and prayers and praises unto the GLORIOUS LORD . SO hands up , ITS LORD PRAISING TIME in the digital buiding and in all places we go , LET THE LORD BE PRAISED .

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I was thinking about something @Lambano said the other day about…Jesus absolutely having to be tempted just as we are and the struggle we have trying to understand it that He could be tempted if He was God.

So what was His temptation? Satan didn’t say, if You are the son of man, turn this stone to bread. He said, if you are the Son of God…

Elsewhere we read of demons crying out, we know who You are, you’re the Son of God. And He told them to be silent. And He also, in other places, told people to be silent about who He was.

I’m struggling to get this out…the temptation was to do something AS God rather than AS a son of man. As the son of man, He was very hungry and had to trust and rely on Gods Spirit and humble Himself. As the son of God, He could have made some bread.

He was talking with someone He Himself had created. How odd to think of that. Someone He had created was trying to tempt Him…

Maybe I didn’t explain that well enough…

It is kinda silly isn't it Grace, imagine trying to tempt God by offering Him all the Kingdoms of the world to bow down to satan. It would be funny if so many people didn't believe it, but it is staggering the number of people that do.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is kinda silly isn't it Grace, imagine trying to tempt God by offering Him all the Kingdoms of the world to bow down to satan. It would be funny if so many people didn't believe it, but it is staggering the number of people that do.

Well, I’m one of them who do.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can GOD sin , can GOD LIE , CAN HIS WORD LIE . NOPE .
GOD knew what HE was doing . To save MANKIND HE was gonna have to do it himself .
Now i say we owe HIM all and a whole lot of grattitude and joyous attitude with much thanksgvings and prayers and praises unto the GLORIOUS LORD . SO hands up , ITS LORD PRAISING TIME in the digital buiding and in all places we go , LET THE LORD BE PRAISED .

I know that God can't sin, that God can't lie, nor do the scriptures which is God word lie. That is why I don't believe Jesus was God or a God-Man when he came to mankind. Adam wasn't a God-Man, and to be a ransom with the same value as the first man Adam the promised seed would have to come as a perfect human who had a perfect mind and body and without a sinful nature because that was how God created the first Adam. I know many believe Jesus to be God but I believe the scriptures that say God can't be tempted to do evil so that means he can't sin, so Jesus wasn't God or a God-Man, because how could Jesus have been tempted like us if he was God.The scriptures are very clear that Jesus was tempted like us so Jesus wasn't God or some God-Man. Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God just as the scriptures say he is, he wasn't God. The Only Begotten Son of God was a spirit being in heaven with YHWH God before YHWH God sent him to earth as a human. The Only Begotten Son of God can be tempted to sin, he simply chose not to sin because of the love he had for his Father and God YHWH.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that God can't sin, that God can't lie, nor do the scriptures which is God word lie. That is why I don't believe Jesus was God or a God-Man when he came to mankind. Adam wasn't a God-Man, and to be a ransom with the same value as the first man Adam the promised seed would have to come as a perfect human who had a perfect mind and body and without a sinful nature because that was how God created the first Adam. I know many believe Jesus to be God but I believe the scriptures that say God can't be tempted to do evil so that means he can't sin, so Jesus wasn't God or a God-Man, because how could Jesus have been tempted like us if he was God.The scriptures are very clear that Jesus was tempted like us so Jesus wasn't God or some God-Man. Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God just as the scriptures say he is, he wasn't God. The Only Begotten Son of God was a spirit being in heaven with YHWH God before YHWH God sent him to earth as a human. The Only Begotten Son of God can be tempted to sin, he simply chose not to sin because of the love he had for his Father and God YHWH.

When we talk about tempted and tested we use two different words, but as these are translated from Greek in our Bibles, they both translate the same word, peirasmos. This is to test with a temptation. To put to the the test with enticements and contrary circumstances. If you fail, you sin, if you don't, you don't, and you've passed the test. Gone past it, you're through it.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello amigo,

I dont think they knew at that time. After He started healing and casting out demons, they knew for sure.. But at the beginning?

Pax et Bonum
Notice how satan tries to seduce JESUS . He tries to allure to the flesh . Notice he says IF YE REALLY ARE
But JESUS did not come to serve the flesh but rather the FATHER .
While satan is filled plumb full of wisdom , rest assured is he full of deceptoin . Not only that
but satan himself IS DECIEVED . Did you know that . Not only does he try and decieve , HE himself is decieved .
Did he not THINK and BELIEVE HE could be as GOD . ponder on that for a bit . But make no mistake
satan is more full of wisdom of this world than any creature that has ever walked the earth . HE KNOWS how to decieve
TRUTH is HE is a liar and no truth is in HIM . THOUGH he can use truths out of text very well . SO CAN HIS MEN .
I REPEAT SO CAN HIS MEN . Many are being decieved right now as we speak by satan through men and women
seated high within christendom itself . DID YOU KNOW satan can use the same words , such as love , unity and etc
YET he creates a version of said words which serve the flesh and HIM . WE BETTER not FALL for the guiles of the devil .
YET MANY have . MANY . TRUTH is it would be easire to count the grains of sand than the men and women
satan has decieved throughout all ages , AND I MEAN IN THE CHURCH as well as the world . MANY are following
the wrong version of JESUS . MANY are bowing down and worshipping angels , saints and many other things
like money and the dark rainbow and many other things and all the while believe that they follow JESUS when in truth ITS SATAN .
And though my warnings have cost me much and many have and do see me as a hater and the enemy of all
I DO SO OUT OF LOVE for the peoples . I aint in it to be seen as someone great or in it to have many friends , THOUGH I do love
even my enemies . YALL BETTER FLEE some pulpits my friend and go back to the BIBLE , while there still be time to do so .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is quite confounding. It's as if Satan did not understand the full measure to whom he was speaking. Perhaps he did not?
Not really . its quite simple . never forget that not only does satan decieve , but he himself IS DECIEVED .
and many men and many women follow the same pride of self that Condemened the devil himself .
Too many serve the god of the unholy mirror , you know as in the one who a mans sees when he looks in the mirror .
KNOWN as the GOD OF ME MYSELF AND I .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we talk about tempted and tested we use two different words, but as these are translated from Greek in our Bibles, they both translate the same word, peirasmos. This is to test with a temptation. To put to the the test with enticements and contrary circumstances. If you fail, you sin, if you don't, you don't, and you've passed the test. Gone past it, you're through it.

Much love!
James uses the same word yet he himself shows us of the two meanings . ONE is the temptations of the flesh
and the other is the trials by which we suffer for His name sake .
One is done by our own flesh and seduces us to entertain evil
the other is simply brought on to cause us to suffer in the flesh and draw us only closer to GOD .
ONE the flesh willing embraces and it actually causes , the other the flesh hates and would run from
Perhaps that crude way of how i explained it might help . BUT I DO notice the same word used yet it
means two different things . AN example is , REMEMBER that JAMES Wrote and said , WHEN We are tempted
IT IS NOT BY GOD BUT BY THE FLESH
YET in another place it says GOD TEMPTED abraham . YET Look at how abraham was tempted , IT WAS A TESTING OF THE FAITH
YET james uses it to show us the evils of the flesh . SO THERE IS TWO DIFFERENT meanings implied
WE JUST have to be able to discern the difference between the two . AND WE CAN if we read the WHOLE explanation .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you clearly fail to see the plan of GOD . IT WAS ALWAYS GOD HIMSELF that could only fullfill the righteousness of his own law .
THUS He , His word would have to become in the same likeness of flesh as man himself .
Even the very depths of the law itself POINTS TO JESUS .
Try and look at what GOD had told the jews in the law . IF any man has any kind of blemish , any levite
such a deformity , mole , etc HE CANNOT BE A PRIEST let alone the HIGH PRIEST .
AND YET HOW DOES GOD SEE MAN . GO to and behold what he tells samuel .
SAMEUL JUST KNEW FOR SURE and for certain that GOD had chosen the first born of JESSEE
HE looked upon his appearance on the outside . BUT GOD quickly said
I DO NOT SEE as does man , for GOD LOOKETH upon the inside .
SO for the deeper revelation know THIS . THE GREAT TRUE HIGH PRIEST would have to be without spot or blemish
ON THE INSIDE . AND I PERSONALLY ONLY KNOW OF ONE THAT IS LIKE THAT . GOD . GOD ALONE
is without spot on the inside . GOD ALONE . GOD was always gonna have to save man from what man himself could not save himself from .
NOW CEASE WITH THE LIES . Just cause you cant understand the diety of CHRIST , giveth ya not right to DENOUNCE IT .
TOO many folks follow jw or ellen white or who knows what . BUT THEY ARE DOING IT to their own destruction . PEROID . AND ITS HIGH
TIME IT STOPS NOW . just believe what is written , EVEN IF YA DONT UNDERSTAND IT .