Son of God/Son of man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Anyone who truly knows and follows Christ shall stand for the truth and correct .

very well,

I and 2000 years of my brethren stand for the Truth that Jesus is truly, manifestly present in the Eucharist. But if you will not accept their testimony, what good then is mine?

Pax et Bonum

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Christophany,

His entire person is present, Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity..

And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.

Pax et Bonum
I have never seen Jesus flesh ( human body ) have you ?

Jesus is in heaven sitting at the right hand of the Father.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have never seen Jesus flesh ( human body ) have you ?

Jesus is in heaven sitting at the right hand of the Father.

Would you believe me if I said yes?

For 2000 years our brothers and sisters have proclaimed and believed Jesus truly present in the Eucharist..

From the beginning also have been those who refuse to accept it..

Here's Ignatius of Antioch:

They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they confess not the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Saviour Jesus Christ, which suffered for our sins, and which the Father, of His goodness, raised up again. Those, therefore, who speak against this gift of God, incur death in the midst of their disputes. But it were better for them to treat it with respect, that they also might rise again.

With the Church in Rome, the Church in Alexandria (and the Church in Constantinople) we have 2 (or 3) 2000 year old living witnesses to receiving this from the apostles..

Where is the 2000 year old apostolic community that says otherwise?

'every planting not of my Father shall be uprooted'

Pax et Bonum

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you believe me if I said yes?

For 2000 years our brothers and sisters have proclaimed and believed Jesus truly present in the Eucharist..

From the beginning also have been those who refuse to accept it..

Here's Ignatius of Antioch:

They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they confess not the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Saviour Jesus Christ, which suffered for our sins, and which the Father, of His goodness, raised up again. Those, therefore, who speak against this gift of God, incur death in the midst of their disputes. But it were better for them to treat it with respect, that they also might rise again.

With the Church in Rome, the Church in Alexandria (and the Church in Constantinople) we have 2 (or 3) 2000 year old living witnesses to receiving this from the apostles..

'every planting not of my Father shall be uprooted'

Pax et Bonum
Should I believe Jesus or you ?

Matt 24:23
“Then if anyone tells you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah,’ or ‘There he is,’ don’t believe it.

Mark 13:21
And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Should I believe Jesus or you ?

Matt 24:23
“Then if anyone tells you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah,’ or ‘There he is,’ don’t believe it.

Mark 13:21
And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:

Hello Christophany,

Context, context, context...

Jesus is talking there about His coming at the end of the age in Glory to judge the world.. He is warning of imposters who will claim (or who others will claim) are Him..

I noticed you didnt answer my question, so I will repeat it:

Pax et Bonum

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Christophany,

Context, context, context...

Jesus is talking there about His coming at the end of the age in Glory to judge the world.. He is warning of imposters who will claim (or who others will claim) are Him..

I noticed you didnt answer my question, so I will repeat it:

Pax et Bonum
I don't follow anyone other then Jesus and the Apostles teaching- I don't follow the teachings of uninspired men.

hope this helps !!!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't follow anyone other then Jesus and the Apostles teaching- I don't follow the teachings of uninspired men.

hope this helps !!!

If you are not at the Feast, then you aren't following the teaching of the apostles..

They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.

Pax et Bonum

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are not at the Feast, then you aren't following the teaching of the apostles..

They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.

Pax et Bonum
what "feast " are you talking about ?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I’m struggling to get this out…the temptation was to do something AS God rather than AS a son of man. As the son of man, He was very hungry and had to trust and rely on Gods Spirit and humble Himself. As the son of God, He could have made some bread
these might be good analogies for our struggles with sin, too? but also “stones” and “bread” have additional, spiritual meanings, right

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus died once for sins period. The communion is only to remind us of what He did 2000 years ago much like it was for the Jews to do that with the commandments in Deuteronomy 6:4-9 as a " REMINDER " for them.

hope this helps !!!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
trying to understand it that He could be tempted if He was God

So what was His temptation? Satan didn’t say, if You are the son of man, turn this stone to bread. He said, if you are the Son of God
so iow not “if you are God” right

son of God/son of man the difference is not really made very clear i guess; what is the difference? If Jesus was willing, and completely surrendered to doing the will of God, then why not call Himself “son of God?” bc then He would be testifying of Himself, maybe? dunno

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus died once for sins period.

Indeed. And now He lives forever! Alleluia!

The communion is only to remind us of what He did 2000 years ago much like it was for the Jews to do that with the commandments in Deuteronomy 6:4-9 as a " REMINDER " for them.

hope this helps !!!

The Feast is a memorial of Christ's death and ressurection indeed, but a memorial at which He Himself is present! But is it 'only' a memorial?

The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?

Because the loaf of bread is one, we, though many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.

Is not too, the fulfillment of Malachi 1:11 as our brothers and sisters have recognized from the beginning?

1. On the Lord's Day of the Lord come together, break bread and hold Eucharist, after confessing your transgressions that your offering may be pure;
2. But let none who has a quarrel with his fellow join in your meeting until they be reconciled, that your sacrifice be not defiled.
3. For this is that which was spoken by the Lord, "In every place and time offer me a pure sacrifice, for I am a great king," saith the Lord, "and my name is wonderful among the heathen."

~The Didache~

Pax et Bonum

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
what "feast " are you talking about ?

The celebration of the Eucharist!

The wedding Feast of the Lamb of God!

All are welcome to come and receive Him, from every station, from every tribe and people and tongue...

All are welcome to come to the Feast!

Pax et Bonum

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
that would be kinda cool, if the RCC allowed anyone who desired to participate, huh? It isnt true though, is it. Thankfully that is likely not the real communion anyway

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
that would be kinda cool, if the RCC allowed anyone who desired to participate, huh? It isnt true though, is it. Thankfully that is likely not the real communion anyway

Hello bbyrd,

How have you been?

Anyone who desires CAN participate.. But they need to be properly prepared..

But when the king came in to meet the guests he saw a man there not dressed in a wedding garment.

He said to him, 'My friend, how is it that you came in here without a wedding garment?' But he was reduced to silence.

Then the king said to his attendants, 'Bind his hands and feet, and cast him into the darkness outside, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth.'

And they need to recognize just WHO it is that they are receiving...

For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks judgment on himself

Peace be with you!