Son of God/Son of man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I was thinking about something @Lambano said the other day about…Jesus absolutely having to be tempted just as we are and the struggle we have trying to understand it that He could be tempted if He was God.

So what was His temptation? Satan didn’t say, if You are the son of man, turn this stone to bread. He said, if you are the Son of God…

Elsewhere we read of demons crying out, we know who You are, you’re the Son of God. And He told them to be silent. And He also, in other places, told people to be silent about who He was.

I’m struggling to get this out…the temptation was to do something AS God rather than AS a son of man. As the son of man, He was very hungry and had to trust and rely on Gods Spirit and humble Himself. As the son of God, He could have made some bread.

He was talking with someone He Himself had created. How odd to think of that. Someone He had created was trying to tempt Him…

Maybe I didn’t explain that well enough…
If those in the first century were created of God then why was Jesus telling all, you must be born of God?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I was thinking about something @Lambano said the other day about…Jesus absolutely having to be tempted just as we are and the struggle we have trying to understand it that He could be tempted if He was God.

So what was His temptation? Satan didn’t say, if You are the son of man, turn this stone to bread. He said, if you are the Son of God…

Elsewhere we read of demons crying out, we know who You are, you’re the Son of God. And He told them to be silent. And He also, in other places, told people to be silent about who He was.

I’m struggling to get this out…the temptation was to do something AS God rather than AS a son of man. As the son of man, He was very hungry and had to trust and rely on Gods Spirit and humble Himself. As the son of God, He could have made some bread.

He was talking with someone He Himself had created. How odd to think of that. Someone He had created was trying to tempt Him…

Maybe I didn’t explain that well enough…
This might be too simplistic, but I look at Jesus as being God in flesh, but I think he was trying to set an example for us. Therefore, he couldn't act as if he were God. He had to act as if he were one of us.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace