Son of Perdition

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
I was not the first one to bring up Bible commentators and was unaware of their opinions until I looked for it.BTW that was ALL the commentators I could find online with google. There were a couple more that gave no comment regarding that verse or who the "son of perdition" is.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
Luke 22:3-4Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve. And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them.
The fact that we are told that Satan, and Satan specifically, entered Judas, is key to understanding why Jesus said "the son of perdition" when referring to Judas. Jesus was speaking of Judas (the fleshly vessel) who had aligned himself and, in fact, been possessed by the son of perdition, Satan.Consider our own salvation that we have been given in Christ. Though we are our own person, on the day of judgment when it's time to seperate the sheep from the goats, all that our Father chooses to see is Christ--the perfect sacrifice. He has placed in us His own Spirit, and when it comes time to see who is going in by the blood of the lamb... the Lamb of God is all that God will see. We have believed, His Spirit has entered into us, and just as Jesus prayed that we would be one as He and our Father are one... so it will be. We have aligned ourselves with Christ, and by His sacrifice that is Who will be seen when we inherit eternal life. Not our sin, not our selfishness, or our own ambitions... but once it's time to go to heaven, Christ is all that will be seen--His sinless life, His selflessness, and His ambition by which He fulfilled God's will completely. We are covered by the blood of Christ, and that is who will be referred to when we are judged for eternal life. We are saved, and it is not by our might, nor by our power... but by His Spirit...

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(treeoflife;58148)
Luke 22:3-4Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve. And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them.
The fact that we are told that Satan, and Satan specifically, entered Judas, is key to understanding why Jesus said "the son of perdition" when referring to Judas. Jesus was speaking of Judas (the fleshly vessel) who had aligned himself and, in fact, been possessed by the son of perdition, Satan.Consider our own salvation that we have been given in Christ. Though we are our own person, on the day of judgment when it's time to seperate the sheep from the goats, all that our Father chooses to see is Christ--the perfect sacrifice. He has placed in us His own Spirit, and when it comes time to see who is going in by the blood of the lamb... the Lamb of God is all that God will see. We have believed, His Spirit has entered into us, and just as Jesus prayed that we would be one as He and our Father are one... so it will be. We have aligned ourselves with Christ, and by His sacrifice that is Who will be seen when we inherit eternal life. Not our sin, not our selfishness, or our own ambitions... but once it's time to go to heaven, Christ is all that will be seen--His sinless life, His selflessness, and His ambition by which He fulfilled God's will completely. We are covered by the blood of Christ, and that is who will be referred to when we are judged for eternal life. We are saved, and it is not by our might, nor by our power... but by His Spirit...
And to put Judas a HUMAN as the "son of perdition" is to deny Christ as Saviour of the world, (John 4:42, I John 4:14) the Saviour of ALL men, (I Timothy 4:10) the Son of God, (Luke 1:35) God (John 1:1) who died for our sins (II Corinthians 5:21, I Corinthians 15:3) and many more...Your statement literally contradicts lots of verses in the bible.

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Who is he? He's the serpent (Gen. 3:1) the beast nature that we received when Adam brought down the WHOLE CREATION when he sinned. Adam received the carnal mind or beast mind or nature. To be carnally minded is death ( mortality ) ( Romans 8:6). That's why we have to be born again. We come forth out of our mother's womb speaking lies. We're shapened in iniquity. Why...not because of what we done but because of what Adam done. That is called the first death. We sin because we are mortal and we are mortal because Adam sinned. Question? Was you there when God placed you in this vanity so you could tell Him you didn't want to come here. No, and nobody could tell God not to send them in this world. God placed us here but not without hope ( Romans 8:18-23 ). In Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive ( 1st Cor. 15:22 ). There is a process called sanctification that causes the old man ( Adam ) to die daily until the second coming of Christ. What we have to do is overcome the son of perdition through the santification process. As God begins to put the FIRE in our lives, we begin to submit and walk in the Spirit.The son of perdition is revealed and we begin to see the problem is not out there some where but, the problem is within. Jesus said, flesh and blood has not revealed it to you Peter but my Father in Heaven. Then, a few verses later, Peter rebuked him saying, be this far from you: this will not happen.Jesus said, get thee behind me, Satan: you have offended me: you savor the things of men and not God ( that's INIQUITY). That is when the son of perdition sits in your Temple and rules by man's way and not God's way. Your throne is your heart and the son of perdition has to be overthrown in your heart. When you allow God to change your mind and you get into what God is doing then... the man of sin will be revealed so you can deal with him daily. Until then, you will be looking for someone out there and miss the mystery ( secret) of iniquity. ( Iniquity=lawlessness, doing it your way because you think your way is better than God's ). Anti-christ = in place of. You allow the serpent to deceive you into thinking your way is better than God's way ( Gen. 3:4-5 ). The old man way of thinking is destroyed when you allow the Christ to rule on the throne of you heart.Logabe

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(treeoflife;58148)
Satan has ented other people in scripture and they were not utterly destroyed it proves exactly the oppisite TOL that Satan was responsiable not Judas although I think Judas had a weak moment that allowed Satan to use him but in no way would God give the flesh person of Judas the same judgement as Satan because of a weak moment it literally defies the message of the Entire ministry of Christ. And proves exaactly what we have been saying Satan was responsable and is the only one who set himself above God and is judged to be utterly destroyed.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(kriss;58160)
Satan has ented other people in scripture and they were not utterly destroyed it proves exactly the oppisite TOL that Satan was responsiable not Judas although I think Judas had a weak moment that allowed Satan to use him but in no way would God give the flesh person of Judas the same judgement as Satan because of a weak moment it literly defies the message of the Entire minisery of Christ.
I believe Judas is of the elect and was born into this world at that time to fulfill prophecy.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(thesuperjag;58154)
And to put Judas a HUMAN as the "son of perdition" is to deny Christ as Saviour of the world, (John 4:42, I John 4:14) the Saviour of ALL men, (I Timothy 4:10) the Son of God, (Luke 1:35) God (John 1:1) who died for our sins (II Corinthians 5:21, I Corinthians 15:3) and many more...Your statement literally contradicts lots of verses in the bible.
Well, it doesn't even come close to denying Jesus as Savior as you said. Statements as this only show me you are not able to connect the dots on a number of levels. Satan was in Judas (just as we are told in Luke 22), hence the reason when referring to Judas, Jesus referred to him who was lost so that scripture would be fullfilled as the son of perdition.It doesn't contridict anything. Satan is the son of perdition, who was in Judas at the time Jesus was betrayed.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(treeoflife;58163)
(thesuperjag;58154)
Well, it doesn't even come close to denying Jesus as Savior as you said. Statements as this only show me you are not able to connect the dots on a number of levels. Satan was in Judas (just as we are told in Luke 22), hence the reason when referring to Judas, Jesus referred to him who was lost so that scripture would be fullfilled as the son of perdition.It doesn't contridict anything. Satan is the son of perdition, who was in Judas at the time Jesus was betrayed.The highlighted words... you just proved Christ's words, Kriss's, Tom's, I's, and some other people's words. Thanks...If you still think that Judas is still "the son of perdition"... To me it goes to show that you don't believe that God so loved the world. (John 3:16) Guess Judas doesn't count...huh?
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
This really has nothing to do with you. I never said the son of perdition was not Satan. You are missing the point.Jag, can you please direct me to the place on this forum where the "names of Satan" are discussed?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(treeoflife;58167)
This really has nothing to do with you. I never said the son of perdition was not Satan. You are missing the point.Jag, can you please direct me to the place on this forum where the "names of Satan" are discussed?
Sure thing.
smile.gif
Name you need to learnClick link.
smile.gif

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Alright tomwebster, that's a pretty strong statement. Let's see what it says in scripture. 2 Sam. 15:10 tells us that Absalom was crowned in Hebron in the presents of Ahithophel (Bathsheba's grandfather and David's counselor and friend). A thousand years later, Judas betrayed Jesus, just as Ahithophel betrayed David. Judas Iscariot or Ish-Kiriath "a man from Kiriath-arba" was the old name for Hebron ( Gen. 35:27 ).Ahithophel later hanged himself, does that sound familiar (2 Sam. 17:23 ) as did the friend of Jesus ( Matt. 27:5 ). Yes tomwebster, you might be on to something. Someone had to play the part of Judas because it was prophesied a thousand years earlier that it was going to come to pass. It was done by the Sovernign will of God.Logabe

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
I will state it again. I never sad Satan was not the son of perdition. If you came to any conclusion that is contrary, you did it on your own without facts.-----------prince of Tyrus; a rock; Tsor, a place in Palestine. Satan is the false rock. Christ is the true Rock.Ezekiel 28:2 -- Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:king of Tyrus; a rock; Tsor, a place in Palestine. Satan is the false rock. Christ is the true RockEzekiel 28:12 -- Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty king of Babylon; confusion; Babel (i.e. Babylon), including Babylonia and the Babylonian empireIsaiah 14:4 -- That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!man of sin; Satan was the first to sin. See Ezekiel 28:11-19II Thessalonians 2:3 -- Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;----------What you need to understand is that these really were kings, men, and real people like the King of Tyrus, but who are pictures of Satan in scripture. Satan even being referred to as that man of sin. The point is, we know Satan is not a man. We also know that these kings really existed, were real people, but are parellelled to Satan.Judas was referred to as the son of perdition, because Satan, who is the son of perdition, had entered him. This is of no consequence regarding Jesus' death and sacrifice for the sins of the whole world--Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, and you are making up a false argument that shouldn't even exist. Satan entered Judas, and Judas, because of this, was referred to as such.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I do not disagree with some of your Post but you have some errors also Isa.14: 12How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. 16They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; 17That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(treeoflife;58171)
I will state it again. I never sad Satan was not the son of perdition. If you came to any conclusion that is contrary, you did it on your own without facts.-----------prince of Tyrus; a rock; Tsor, a place in Palestine. Satan is the false rock. Christ is the true Rock.Ezekiel 28:2 -- Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:king of Tyrus; a rock; Tsor, a place in Palestine. Satan is the false rock. Christ is the true RockEzekiel 28:12 -- Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty king of Babylon; confusion; Babel (i.e. Babylon), including Babylonia and the Babylonian empireIsaiah 14:4 -- That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!man of sin; Satan was the first to sin. See Ezekiel 28:11-19II Thessalonians 2:3 -- Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;----------What you need to understand is that these really were kings, men, and real people like the King of Tyrus, but who are pictures of Satan in scripture. Satan even being referred to as that man of sin. The point is, we know Satan is not a man. We also know that these kings really existed, were real people, but are parellelled to Satan.Judas was referred to as the son of perdition, because Satan, who is the son of perdition, had entered him. This is of no consequence regarding Jesus' death and sacrifice for the sins of the whole world--Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, and you are making up a false argument that shouldn't even exist. Satan entered Judas, and Judas, because of this, was referred to as such.
You ask for a thread where the name of Satan is being discussed.
smile.gif
And your comment really disturb me. It's like saying there is "TWO sons of perdition"... And no I'm not making a false argument.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(logabe;58169)
Alright tomwebster, that's a pretty strong statement. ...Logabe
Great, I think I am getting known for strong statements! :cool:
smile.gif
And you wouldn't understand the answer if wrote it! You will just need to read through all of my posts. :study:My comment is based on the first sentence, I didn't even read the rest of your post.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(treeoflife;58171)
....prince of Tyrus; a rock; Tsor, a place in Palestine. Satan is the false rock. Christ is the true Rock....king of Tyrus; a rock; Tsor, a place in Palestine. Satan is the false rock. Christ is the true Rock....What you need to understand is ....
What you need to "try
rolleyes.gif
" to understand is that these were titles of Satan from the first earth age. :study: :eek:

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
According to the earth age that you believe in... assuming it true, explain to me why it would matter? Did the king of Tyre not exist as a human being? How does the Earth age effect this?

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(treeoflife;58181)
According to the earth age that you believe in... assuming it true, explain to me why it would matter? Did the king of Tyre not exist as a human being? How does the Earth age effect this?
Humans did not exist in the first earth age. We were all here as the children of God, though. :study:You will need to re-read my many posts on the first earth age. I do not really intend to re-hash that issue again. Fact is I am just about done with this one. :study: :study:

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
Well, sorry, but you can use as many :study: icons if you want, the earth age isn't real, and neither is the Gap Theory. I've read plenty on the earth-age and Gap Theory... enough to say that you've been duped.I'll just add this before the end here. It is often said about the Theory of Evolution, "It is just a theory." And, I agree, it is just a theory. I also would take the same observation and apply it to the Gap Theory; "It is just a theory." You defend the Gap Theory as strongly as Evolutionists defend the Theory of Evolution (and they are both just theories). I am not saying these are the same thing by any means, I am just pointing that out... and reminding you.The Gap Theory, is just a theory. Theories, because they can't be proven. :study::study:

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
Matthew 16:23But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.Perhaps Peter is/was Satan? No... that doesn't seem right. Peter was just a man, and one of the disciples of Jesus no less.Then perhaps are there two Satan's? No, there is only one... we definitely agree there. There is one Satan.Was Peter even possess w/ Satan as Judas was (we are told Satan entered Judas)? No, nowhere are we told Peter was even possessed to the degree that we are told Judas was.Hrm... well then, if none of the former things mentioned are true... what reason is there for why Jesus called to Peter as, "Satan"? Ah, perhaps it was because of something Peter was doing... perhaps it was because of something Peter was about to do in accordance to the will of Satan. Yes... interesting.Jesus is referring to Judas in John 17:12. The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.