SONS OF GOD, WHO ARE THEY?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cain and Abel were sons of God just like Adam was, if any one stopped to think about it long enough. Cain talked to God just like Adam and Eve did.

They were already grown when Adam sinned.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Disagree,look at the order.Also Adam and Eve were not told to be fruitful and multiply,heck they didn't know they were naked until satan had sex with Eve.

Also in chapter one, male and female were created at the same time.

What makes you think it was a recap,and why would it be.
If Adam and Eve were created at the same time, then the principle of marriage is meaningless, and that marriage between a man and a woman is not "one flesh" as the Bible points out. The "one flesh" principle of marriage comes from Eve being created from one of Adam's ribs, in that as Adam was created from the dust of the ground, Eve was created from a part of Adam. This is also why same sex marriage is not God's design for marriage, because it does not consist in "one flesh" in accordance with woman being created out of man, while both men in a same sex marriage were created out of the dust of the ground, so they are still separate individuals and could never be united in the same way that a man and a woman can be united in marriage.

Also, the Bible does not say that satan had sex with Eve. If that was the case, Eve would have committed adultery and therefore sinned before eating the forbidden fruit.

If Genesis 1 is altered from its literal text, then there is no sin, no fall, no Christ, no gospel, no resurrection, and no salvation.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
If Adam and Eve were created at the same time, then the principle of marriage is meaningless, and that marriage between a man and a woman is not "one flesh" as the Bible points out. The "one flesh" principle of marriage comes from Eve being created from one of Adam's ribs, in that as Adam was created from the dust of the ground, Eve was created from a part of Adam. This is also why same sex marriage is not God's design for marriage, because it does not consist in "one flesh" in accordance with woman being created out of man, while both men in a same sex marriage were created out of the dust of the ground, so they are still separate individuals and could never be united in the same way that a man and a woman can be united in marriage.

Also, the Bible does not say that satan had sex with Eve. If that was the case, Eve would have committed adultery and therefore sinned before eating the forbidden fruit.

If Genesis 1 is altered from its literal text, then there is no sin, no fall, no Christ, no gospel, no resurrection, and no salvation.

Oh but scripture does say satan has sex with Eve ,people just don't want to see it.Like I said scripture says there will be a 7 headed dragon,do you believe that?

Oh and Adam and Eve were not created at the same time

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam sinned before their birth,so that can't be true
And I asked for proof. If Adam sinned before they were born, how did Cain and Abel get back into the Garden to tend the crops and livestock?
It was still the Garden Setting.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
And I asked for proof. If Adam sinned before they were born, how did Cain and Abel get back into the Garden to tend the crops and livestock?
They didn't. There was an angel with a flaming sword guarding the entrance of the Garden. We know that they were mature adults who had established themselves in working for their living outside the Garden. You must have missed the bit about the angel with the flaming sword.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should it not have gone to Cain as the oldest?
Who says that it didn't? Seth is the fallen, punished line.

Cain was the son of God line. Cain was not punished. He could no longer live in the Garden. The last one to leave.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They didn't. There was an angel with a flaming sword guarding the entrance of the Garden. We know that they were mature adults who had established themselves in working for their living outside the Garden. You must have missed the bit about the angel with the flaming sword.
That is why they were born before the fall, and they were to take over the Garden. It was going fine until Cain slew his brother Abel.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Who says that it didn't? Seth is the fallen, punished line.

Cain was the son of God line. Cain was not punished. He could no longer live in the Garden. The last one to leave.
I wonder what version of the Bible you are reading. This stuff doesn't appear in any version of the Bible I am reading (KJV, RSV, NIV, ESV, NEB, NASB, Jerusalem Bible).

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote the Genesis verse what it says they were back in the Garden.
Quote the verse where it says they left.

14 You are banning me today from the land and from your presence. I will be a fugitive wandering the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

If Cain has to leave God’s presence where else would he leave besides the Garden?

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Quote the verse where it says they left.

14 You are banning me today from the land and from your presence. I will be a fugitive wandering the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

If Cain has to leave God’s presence where else would he leave besides the Garden?
You have just quoted it. Anyhow, if there is an angel with a flaming sword guarding the Garden and the tree of life, as Genesis clearly says, how come they were able to get back into the garden past that angel?

Genesis was written for a reason - to provide clear history about what actually happened, and that we are expected to believe it, rather than have a cloud cuckoo land interpretation that has nothing to do with the text that is actually there.

Genesis says that Cain and Abel were out in the fields, not in the Garden, and after Cain killed Abel, he went to another region after marrying one of his sisters.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have just quoted it. Anyhow, if there is an angel with a flaming sword guarding the Garden and the tree of life, as Genesis clearly says, how come they were able to get back into the garden past that angel?

Genesis was written for a reason - to provide clear history about what actually happened, and that we are expected to believe it, rather than have a cloud cuckoo land interpretation that has nothing to do with the text that is actually there.

Genesis says that Cain and Abel were out in the fields, not in the Garden, and after Cain killed Abel, he went to another region after marrying one of his sisters.
How small do you think this Garden was?
Normally families do not leave their homestead unless forced to.

If Cain was already forced out, why be forced out again? Why could he not stay with Adam, Eve and Seth. They all were punished and living in sin.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
How small do you think this Garden was?
Normally families do not leave their homestead unless forced to.

If Cain was already forced out, why be forced out again? Why could he not stay with Adam, Eve and Seth. They all were punished and living in sin.
You are avoiding actually quoting any actual Genesis reference to say they had access to the Garden after Adam and Eve were ejected from it because of their disobedience.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are avoiding actually quoting any actual Genesis reference to say they had access to the Garden after Adam and Eve were ejected from it because of their disobedience.
Genesis 3:24
24 So he drove the man out,
Where does it say his sons had to leave?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say they had any sons when they were in Eden?
Chapter 4 says that Adam and Eve had 2 sons. It does not say after Adam was kicked out of the Garden. Seth was born when Adam was 130. If Adam was 40 when Cain was born, Cain would have been 90 when Seth was born. What has Cain done for 90 years?