SONS OF GOD, WHO ARE THEY?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam also claimed that Eve was the mother of all humanity. Eve was not even created on the 6th day. And do not use spiritual applications. God says Adam was from the dust, and Eve was from Adam. Using Acts does not change the facts of Genesis 1-4.

Besides Noah and his family are the human "bottleneck". Noah was the direct descendant of Eve. If you claim that God did not remove all humanity from before the Flood and only saved 8 humans, you are still blinded by Satan's delusion and modern science that states there was no Flood. That is outright calling God a liar.
(smile), you see, but do not perceive, you hear, but do not understand. God saved eight sinful souls from destruction. but those descendant of Adam and Eve who did not sin after the similitude of Adam transgression died natural death, scripture #1. lets get the notion out of one's head that all was sinner after Adam. Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come".

Just as Adam "DIED", so also those who was born of Him before the the fall became corrupt, scripture, Genesis 6:5 "And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually". now lets be sure it's all "FLESH", Genesis 6:13 "And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth". BINGO, this is why Chapter 6 is in the bible, because "ALL" flesh when the good mets the bad and all got ugly... (smile). so your point is mute there.

now you said this,
Adam also claimed that Eve was the mother of all humanity. Eve was not even created on the 6th day.
lets argue from scripture, Genesis 2:21 "And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
Genesis 2:22 "And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
Genesis 2:23 "And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man".

ok, lets see what day was this? lets argue from scripture, Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Genesis 1:29 "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Genesis 1:30 "And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
Genesis 1:31 "And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
BINGO, day 6th. now that mutes your response.

do you understand now? this is why the whole flood came, for the Good, (those who was not born in sin, the LIVING ONES, alive unto God), the sons of God, intermingle, married, the Bad, the daughter of me, (the Spiritually Dead to God), (a Note here: Daughters here like sons have nothing to do with gender... :eek: ok), when the "Good" intermingle, married with the "Bad" they all got "Ugly"/corrupt. are you understanding, this has nothing to do with any angles, fallen or not.

PICGAG

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for avoiding the point.
I have no argument with the spiritualization.

You have your interpretation and that is the natural you.

God says to not mix chapter 1 into chapter 2. Nor attempt to interpret chapter 2 with chapter 1.

You have freedom of will to do as you choose.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where in scripture that he, God said that, please post the chaprer and verse for that.
ERROR, 2 Peter 1:20
PICJAG
This is not prophecy. This is the book of Genesis. 2 Timothy 3 covers the last days, and how error enters the church. At the end we are to put away doctrine and theology, and rightly divide the Word of God.

The church age is practically over with members tucked away in their own homes. Those who prophecy that things will get better, when God states otherwise, will be pointed out as false prophets.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not prophecy. This is the book of Genesis. 2 Timothy 3 covers the last days, and how error enters the church. At the end we are to put away doctrine and theology, and rightly divide the Word of God.

The church age is practically over with members tucked away in their own homes. Those who prophecy that things will get better, when God states otherwise, will be pointed out as false prophets.
well Timtofly, thanks for the conversation.

gooday.

PICJAG.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the question remains that I asked in my first post. How did this happen again afterwards? Noah and his sons were then of the sons of God in your theory. All the mankind were dead. Who could have escaped the flood? The only possible answer would be some of the fallen angels that weren't involved the first time.

Genesis 6:
4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them.

That is a possibility. I also believe there have been other incursions since the flood.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bene ha elohim, aka, sons of God. Whenever this phrase is used in the O.T., it is referring to angels.
Shortly after God revealed the book of Enoch to me, I went outside and saw just about 10 yards from my house a 50-foot wide lenticular cloud. It was perfectly round and smooth on the bottom. Though I couldn't see the top, the cloud couldn't have been more than a few yards thick, or else I would've seen it. About 10 yards on the other side of it was a second and identical cloud. 10 yards past that was an identical, third cloud. They were lined up perfectly.
When I came back into the house, I looked up lenticular clouds and saw that none of them looked even close to what I'd just seen. The only thing I found shaped like them were metallic flying discs, UFOs. Minus the cloud.
Around that time I went out and looked at the night sky. I saw 2 lights in the sky. I looked at the first one and saw a large cargo jet with it's landing lights on. Hamilton Airport is about 15 miles from my place, so seeing a jet landing was an everyday occurrence.
I looked at the second light and it was different. It had red and white lights on it. It would move slowly to the left and without stopping it would make a 135 degree turn to the right. It did this sort of thing for a few minutes and then it looked like it turned end-on and started to get smaller until it disappeared.
I think that perhaps the enemy was trying to intimidate me but I know what God can do to the enemy. I believe they hide today because there are too many pesky Christians who use the Name they know is above all other names, the Name that makes them flee in terror, that Name being JESUS, NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES.
Just thinking that name turned an attempted abduction instantly into a quiet, dark room with no paralysis or fear. Like someone had turned off a lightswitch.
I wonder if anyone calls God Super-God? I think it's appropriate. Don't you? Peace and Shalom. P.S. Did you know that Hebrew for, "The Name" is Hashem? God has a lot of names. My favorite one is Abba Father. Praise His holy name. Shalom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bene ha elohim, aka, sons of God. Whenever this phrase is used in the O.T., it is referring to angels. Shortly after I first learned about the book of Enoch, I went outside and saw just about 10 yards from my house a 50-foot wide lenticular cloud. It was perfectly round and smooth on the bottom. Though I couldn't see the top, the cloud couldn't have been more than a few yards thick, or else I would've seen it. About 10 yards on the other side of it was a second and identical cloud. 10 yards past that was an identical, third cloud. They were lined up perfectly. When I came back into the house, I looked up lenticular clouds and saw that none of them looked even close to what I'd just seen. The only thing I found shaped like them were metallic flying discs, UFOs. Minus the cloud.
Around that time I went out and looked at the night sky. I saw 2 lights in the sky. I looked at the first one and saw a large cargo jet with it's landing lights on. Hamilton Airport is about 15 miles from my place, so seeing a jet landing was an everyday occurrence.
I looked at the second light and it was different. It had red and white lights on it. It would move slowly to the left and without stopping it would make a 135 degree turn to the right. It did this sort of thing for a few minutes and then it looked like it turned end-on and started to get smaller until it disappeared.
I think that perhaps the enemy was trying to intimidate me but I know what God can do to the enemy. I believe they hide today because there are too many pesky Christians who use the Name they know is above all other names, the name that makes them flee in terror, that name being JESUS, NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. Just thinking that name turned an attempted abduction instantly into a quiet, dark room with no paralysis or fear. Like someone had turned off a lightswitch. I wonder if anyone calls God Super-God? I think it's appropriate. Don't you? Peace and Shalom. P.S. Did you know that Hebrew for, "The Name" is Hashem? God has a lot of names. My favorite one is Abba Father. Praise His holy name. Shalom.

That is a possibility. I also believe there have been other incursions since the flood.
In the topic “The book of Job - real or allegorical?” and read post#131
Here is the LINK.
GEN 1:1-2 SPEAKS MORE THAN CREATION!

I did a topic on this here on the forum,
Another Look at "The Origins of Giants After the flood"

The link, Another Look at "The Origins of Giants After the flood"

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the topic “The book of Job - real or allegorical?” and read post#131
Here is the LINK.
GEN 1:1-2 SPEAKS MORE THAN CREATION!

I did a topic on this here on the forum,
Another Look at "The Origins of Giants After the flood"

The link, Another Look at "The Origins of Giants After the flood"

PICJAG
It was an interesting read, but I disagree with your opinion on who the sons of God are, and the "2 lines of Adam" or whatever the term is.

Reactions: bbyrd009

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was an interesting read, but I disagree with your opinion on who the sons of God are, and the "2 lines of Adam" or whatever the term is.
first thanks for the reply, second, the children or the sons from Adam and Eve before the fall, are the sons in Genesis chapter 6. as well as in Genesis 4:14. understand, Adam and Eve had children in the garden before the fall into sin, and before they had Cain and Abel, outside of the garden after the fall.

this is the two lies from Adam. Children before the fall. "the sons of God", who was Spiritually alive to God, and those children... us who came after the fall and are Spiritually dead to God, hence the reason why we of the fallen line need to be BORN AGAIN.

see, the children Adam and Eve had after the fall, outside the garden is us the fallen line. that's why the book the bible is written to us, and for us.

what christians are missing is that Adam and Eve had children in the garden before the fall into sin.

PICJAG

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, the children or the sons from Adam and Eve before the fall, are the sons in Genesis chapter 6. as well as in Genesis 4:14. understand, Adam and Eve had children in the garden before the fall into sin, and before they had Cain and Abel, outside of the garden after the fall.

this is the two lies from Adam. Children before the fall. "the sons of God", who was Spiritually alive to God, and those children... us who came after the fall and are Spiritually dead to God, hence the reason why we of the fallen line need to be BORN AGAIN.

see, the children Adam and Eve had after the fall, outside the garden is us the fallen line. that's why the book the bible is written to us, and for us.

what christians are missing is that Adam and Eve had children in the garden before the fall into sin.

PICJAG
This doesn't make sense. For one, where are those perfect unfallen people now?? And if they were perfect, why would they take wives of the fallen line? And then...why did nephilim giants come from a perfect line and later being so evil, God commanded they be wiped out?

Anyway, I've seen modern day nephilim and hybrids. I've been in the rituals (was used on the altars from age 3 as a gateway) which were presided over by nephilim, for the purpose of opening portals and invoking modern day incursions.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sons of God as opposed to Sons of Men are none other than those of faith verses those without faith. The reading that beings of a different order ie, fallen angels procreated with female humans presupposes that angels are gendered.

Jesus told us the angels were neuter, not gendered ie, male and female like mankind.

The anomaly of rather large people (giants) is no different to the anomaly of a red head or dwarfism. Within the human genome there is the possibility of large variations from the norm.

Reactions: bbyrd009

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This doesn't make sense. For one, where are those perfect unfallen people now?? And if they were perfect, why would they take wives of the fallen line? And then...why did nephilim giants come from a perfect line and later being so evil, God commanded they be wiped out?

Anyway, I've seen modern day nephilim and hybrids. I've been in the rituals (was used on the altars from age 3 as a gateway) which were presided over by nephilim, for the purpose of opening portals and invoking modern day incursions.
First thanks for the reply, second, you asked, "where are those perfect unfallen people now?". answer, they became corrupted, and was destroyed except for eight souls. Genesis 6:5 "And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."

when a corrupt line meets an uncorrupt line, over time disaster. example, have a half filled glass of clear water, and then pour a half of glass of dirty water into the clear glass water see what happens. just read Genesis 6:5 again.

your next question, "And if they were perfect, why would they take wives of the fallen line?" #1. who said that they was perfect? they was without sin, as a child in... innocence.

your next question, "why would they take wives of the fallen line?", answer, why would a christian marry a none christian today? do you really know who you're marrying? maybe this is why we have so many .... Christian ..... divorces today. so did God get you two together, or did you and it get together on your own. see where I'm coming from? so many people say well what the Lord have put together let no man set asunder. well my question is this, was God involved of you two coming together, or as i said, "did you and it get together on your own. so don't tell me all marriages are made in heaven, oh no many and I mean many was made right here on planet earth.

and two, these men and women who was born to Adam and Eve in the garden was in all respect just as physically human as those that was born outside the garden. the only difference was a social/spiritual issue with one line...... "SIN".

your last question, "why did nephilim giants come from a perfect line and later being so evil, God commanded they be wiped out?". answer, again, these sons of God are not perfect, understand that ok. but as the verses states, Genesis 6:1 "And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them," Genesis 6:2 "That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose." that's when both lines became corrupt. and just because men began to call on the name of God with seth, well men who call on the name of the Lord can have a corrupt nature, and as said need to be re-born. we see this even today. men and women of God calling on the name of God and is caught or has fallen in disgrace... why, listen, Genesis 6:5 "And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." BINGO, "and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually" how many thoughts?... "EVERY". must we say more?

what you don't know TLHKAJ is that there are two types of nephilim. Genesis 6:4 "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown”.
The key phrase in the verse is, “the same, (giants), became mighty men”. there is our first step in identifying who these Giants/Nephilim are. these giants/Nephilim became know as "MIGHTY MEN". knowing that, let's zero in on "MIGHTY MEN". the definition, Mighty Men: H1368 גִּבּוֹר gibbowr (ghib-bore') adj, here mean, גִּבֹּר gibbor (ghib-bore') [shortened]
1. powerful. 2. (by implication) a warrior, tyrant. [intensive from the same as H1397]
KJV: champion, chief, X excel, giant, man, mighty (man, one), strong (man), valiant man.
The KJV can translate the Nephilim, the Giants also as a man, but notice “MIGHTY MAN”

here are the two types of nephilim

A. “Mighty Men” in valor. warriors
B. Mighty Men in Stature. Height

read my posts here in the topic "SONS OF GOD, WHO ARE THEY?”
The link, Post #36 SONS OF GOD, WHO ARE THEY?

Post #40 SONS OF GOD, WHO ARE THEY?

maybe they can shed some light on the subject.

PICJAG

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are sooooo many places in the Bible where angels are called "men."

One example:
Genesis 18 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹ And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; ² And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

But guess what? They were still not men in the human sense.

Also, the NT in Jude confirms that the angels left their first estate and committed sexual sin, in the same sense that Sodom and Gomorrah did.

Jude 1 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ⁶ And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. ⁷ Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. ⁸ Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are sooooo many places in the Bible where angels are called "men."

One example:
Genesis 18 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹ And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; ² And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

But guess what? They were still not men in the human sense.

Also, the NT in Jude confirms that the angels left their first estate and committed sexual sin, in the same sense that Sodom and Gomorrah did.

Jude 1 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ⁶ And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. ⁷ Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. ⁸ Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
one point, do you know the difference between an "Apperance" vs a "Manifestation?".
Exodus 3:2 "And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed."

Just like you said, can a human man do that? I'll answer that one for you, NO. not in our present state.

PICJAG

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Sons of God as opposed to Sons of Men are none other than those of faith verses those without faith. The reading that beings of a different order ie, fallen angels procreated with female humans presupposes that angels are gendered.

Jesus told us the angels were neuter, not gendered ie, male and female like mankind.

The anomaly of rather large people (giants) is no different to the anomaly of a red head or dwarfism. Within the human genome there is the possibility of large variations from the norm.

There is the creation of mankind and a forming of Adam and Eve.
Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
Adam was the son of God, so Adam's male children would also be the grand sons of God.
Gen_6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Daughters of men were of those created in Gen 1.

There were no marriage of brothers and sisters!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is the creation of mankind and a forming of Adam and Eve.
Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
Adam was the son of God, so Adam's male children would also be the grand sons of God.
Gen_6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Daughters of men were of those created in Gen 1.

There were no marriage of brothers and sisters!
before the Law sure.

ok, question did Cain marry a sister? or a cousin? for there was people beside Adam Eve, and Cain and Able. so who was they?
see Genesis 4:14.

if one cannot get the beginning right, (Genesis), God knows they will never get the end right (revelation).

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"the sons of God"
before one can address chapter 6 one need to address chapter 4, especially verses 14 & 15. Genesis 4:13 "And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear."Genesis 4:14 "Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me."Genesis 4:15 "And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him."

everyone, whosoever? hold it, was it not only Adam, his wife Eve, and when kicked out of the Garden we see that there are other peoples on the planet with them, beside Cain and Abel. so who are they and where did they come from? answer, from Adam and Eve before the fall into sin, and before they was expelled from the garden. for the bible is clear, 1 Corinthians 15:47 "The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven." who is that first man? 1 Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit." so if any other people is on the planet, they came from Adam and Eve.

now one need to find out.

PICJAG