Soul and Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK.
Davy,
I thought we were getting somewhere.
You keep reading your bible...someday you'll understand that you need more than your bible.
Au Revoir.
wave.gif

That's a kind of cop out.

What you should have been able to put together, using your mind... is that the soul is one thing, spirit is another thing, and flesh is another thing. However, soul and spirit are of the SAME realm (the Heavenly). That still only means TWO different dimensions of existence, not 3.

1 Cor 15:54
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

KJV

Apostle Paul taught TWO separate changes there to have eternal Life in Jesus, not one change.

1. corruptible (flesh) must put on incorruption ("spiritual body")
2. this mortal (soul) must put on immortality (never ending existence)

Thus NT Doctrine is that the soul and spirit (spiritual body) cannot be separated, but both can be separated from the flesh.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

What you should have been able to put together, using your mind... is that the soul is one thing, spirit is another thing, and flesh is another thing. However, soul and spirit are of the SAME realm (the Heavenly). That still only means TWO different dimensions of existence, not 3.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

KJV

Apostle Paul taught TWO separate changes there to have eternal Life in Jesus, not one change.

Thus NT Doctrine is that the soul and spirit (spiritual body) cannot be separated, but both can be separated from the flesh.
You might be a new Christian.
I don't know.
I know that when I speak of scripture, I speak of scripture.
When I speak of theology, I speak of theology.

Scripture is NOT necessary for our conversation.
It just compicates things...I don't need YOU to list supporting scripture...just like you shouldn't need ME to list supporting scripture.

Forget about putting on incorruption...

You agree that we're made of
BODY
SOUL
SPIRIT

OR

Do you believe that we're made of
BODY
SOUL/SPIRIT

Simple questions require simple answers.

I posted an image that its used in Christianity TO TEACH THIS
theology:

• upload_2019-7-9_17-45-25.jpeg

As you can see it even states a scripture...

ALL I asked you is if you agree with it.

Stop throwing scripture at me.
If you don't want to speak that's OK with me too....friends as before.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

KJV

I even answered for you that you probably believe
BODY
SOUL/SPIRIT

What more could I do?

I said you could accept either model.....
HOWEVER, the soul and spirit are NOT THE SAME.

The body dies.
The soul never dies.
The spirit never dies.

(Paul is not needed here)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might be a new Christian.
I don't know.

Oh now that's an ignorant slur!

Are you going to now tell me how long you've been a Christian, give a long list of credentials, and say that Jesus tells you what kind of car to buy?

I know that when I speak of scripture, I speak of scripture.
When I speak of theology, I speak of theology.

Scripture is NOT necessary for our conversation.
It just compicates things...I don't need YOU to list supporting scripture...just like you shouldn't need ME to list supporting scripture.

What kind of malarkey is that??? And that is... a bunch of malarkey!

If you know what God's Word says, then it will be impossible to not mention His Word! That is how it works for those whom He calls.

If one is not... called, then they won't want to rely on Scripture, because God didn't call them, and He didn't give them to understand it!

However... a believer can... get down to Bible study asking Him for understanding, and being careful to listen to Him, and not to men. Then, if He has called you, He will give it to you.

But you will not... understand His Word unless He calls you and gives it to you, no matter how much you study, and regardless of what level of scholarship you delve into. The proof of this is with the Pharisees who were educated in the letter of God's Word but heeded created traditions of the Talmud instead, even with Apostle Paul's Hebrew teacher Gamaliel who was a Pharisee but sought to do right. Another was Nicodemas of John 3.

Study alone is not enough. One must be given The Holy Spirit, as through The Holy Spirit is how God gave holy men to write down His Word.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I even answered for you that you probably believe
BODY
SOUL/SPIRIT

What more could I do?

I said you could accept either model.....
HOWEVER, the soul and spirit are NOT THE SAME.

The body dies.
The soul never dies.
The spirit never dies.

(Paul is not needed here)

Once again, what you should have been able to grasp from Scripture evidence, is that the soul is not of material matter, because Jesus showed it cannot be killed by flesh man, but only by God in the future "lake of fire" (Matt.10:28).

And... that one's spirit is not made up of material matter, but also is of that other dimension of existence like the soul is, and... that the "spiritual body" Paul taught is of that spirit. It then reveals two types of bodies by Paul, a corruptible flesh body, and then an incorruptible spiritual body of the heavenly dimension.

So whether here alive on earth in a flesh body, or in the heavenly after death, there is a type of body for each dimension. On earth in the flesh, our soul (Id) manifests in a corruptible body. In the heavenly our soul manifests in a spiritual body.

Thus the soul-spirit is connected to manifest in the heavenly dimension, that is what you should have understood by putting all the Scriptures together in the mind.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Once again, what you should have been able to grasp from Scripture evidence, is that the soul is not of material matter, because Jesus showed it cannot be killed by flesh man, but only by God in the future "lake of fire" (Matt.10:28).

And... that one's spirit is not made up of material matter, but also is of that other dimension of existence like the soul is, and... that the "spiritual body" Paul taught is of that spirit. It then reveals two types of bodies by Paul, a corruptible flesh body, and then an incorruptible spiritual body of the heavenly dimension.

So whether here alive on earth in a flesh body, or in the heavenly after death, there is a type of body for each dimension. On earth in the flesh, our soul (Id) manifests in a corruptible body. In the heavenly our soul manifests in a spiritual body.

Thus the soul-spirit is connected to manifest in the heavenly dimension, that is what you should have understood by putting all the Scriptures together in the mind.
DAVY...
Everybody on this forum knows the soul is not of material matter!
Everybody on this forum knows the spirit is not of material matter!

As to the rest.
I think we're done here.

Reactions: Enoch111

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Everybody on this forum knows the soul is not of material matter!
Everybody on this forum knows the spirit is not of material matter!
Not everybody. Some sincerely believe that if they dig six feet under the soil they will find souls and spirits *sleeping* ( while all the little furry creatures keep on disturbing them). Imagine the absurdity.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Not everybody. Some sincerely believe that if they dig six feet under the soil they will find souls and spirits *sleeping* ( while all the little furry creatures keep on disturbing them). Imagine the absurdity.
Isn't this what the Sadducees believed?
Or did they just not believe in the after-life? (yes, that's it).

As to souls and spirits sleeping...
I find this to be impossible...
they're either always alive or not.
No sleeping allowed!