Southern border crisis

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Invasion want everyone to call it, the situation is a threat
President Donald Trump had every resource at his disposal to (1) build a proper wall right across the southern border, not a fence, (2) put Mexico and Central America on notice about caravans and their consequences, (3) stop migrant invasion with the help of the National Guard, (4) deport illegals rather than shipping them to other states, and talk about shipping them to sanctuary cities, and (5) include the migrant invasion issue within the trade deal with Mexico.

He had deliberately broken his promise to those who supported him. As a result he has promoted the agenda of the Democrats. So what does this tell us?

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He had deliberately broken his promise to those who supported him. As a result he has promoted the agenda of the Democrats. So what does this tell us?

That he's the antichrist I guess. He's been in office roughly 28 months. If anything crazy happens in his 42nd month then I guess we'll know for sure

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Further to my comments on the border wall (and the original plan was to have a concrete barrier right across the border) as a former property manager who successfully managed close to two dozen multifamily buildings, and was involved with many construction/renovation projects, my concept of a serious national security border wall would be as follows:

1. Two concrete walls at least 3-5 feet thick, running parallel to each other and separated by a space of 10 feet.

2. The intervening space filled with sand, which would mean a total wall thickness of about 20 feet. The quality of the concrete would be such that rocket propelled grenades or anti-tank missiles could not penetrate right through.

3. The wall would extend 50 feet above ground level and 50 feet below, for a total height of 100 feet. Those heights would be serious deterrents in themselves.

4. All illegal tunnels from the Mexican side would be totally destroyed and filled with concrete. They would be discovered while preparing to build underground.

5. The entire wall would be embedded with sensors to detect intruders above and below ground level.

6. The top of the wall would be embedded with high voltage electrical components to discourage any attempt at going over the top.

7. Surveillance and weaponized drones would patrol the wall 24/7 as a deterrent to the cartels and the illegals. This would minimize or eliminate the need for humans to patrol and put themselves at risk.

Naturally, Mexico and all of Central America (almost totally controlled by the drug cartels) would be put on notice that attempting to enter the United States illegally constitutes an act of war, and will be addressed accordingly. If those countries saw a real serious commitment by the President, they would think twice about putting their citizens at risk.

People should remember that the porous southern border has allowed hundreds of thousands (millions?) of illegals to enter the USA, among which are (1) vicious gangsters, (2) cartel criminals, (3) other criminals (4) Islamic terrorists, and (5) human traffickers. And no one really know the volume of illegal narcotics which have been coming through daily for decades. But when all of this becomes a national security issue, then there is no alternative to the wall.

Further the impact of illegals on the democratic process has not even been properly addressed, and voter fraud has essentially been swept under the rug. The only beneficiaries of open borders are the rabid extreme Leftist Democrats, who will stop at nothing to destroy America. Yet that wall is still being *discussed* and that is why there is a crisis at the border. The caravans were organized and financed by people who had an evil agenda, and who also noted that Mr. Trump was mostly talk and little action.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That he's the antichrist I guess. He's been in office roughly 28 months. If anything crazy happens in his 42nd month then I guess we'll know for sure
That's pretty extreme, but you have a point.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's pretty extreme, but you have a point.

Scripture does say deception will get worse and worse in these days. Trump gets propped up to protect America, which may become the vehicle of the AC in the future. Why isn't it already widely considered as the new Roman empire? It fits perfectly. USA promises peace and safety (to neighboring countries) through imperialism and democratizing their way of life, yet ends up controlling and setting up despots.

I'm actually starting to think USA itself will be the Beast of Revelation for many reasons and I'm going to make a thread on it sometime. When the first seal was opened a white rider went forth conquering and to conquer. That describes the USA perfectly. They have always been at war. When have they ever not been conquering? They have 200 military bases across the world. They obviously seek world domination.

What I'm saying will probably offend the sensibilities of many, but I am a conservative leaning person regardless. I have been enthusiastic about Trump's presidency this far, especially when contrasted on a backdrop of his deadbeat degenerate detractors who are totally in favor of destroying the last real bastion of freedom in the world.

But a man can do 99/100 things right, but if that 1/100 thing he does wrong ends up destroying everything, then it doesn't matter about the little victories.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Senate kept voting down the border wall. President Trump wasn't asking for trillions. Then when he declared an emergency (I forget what it is called), he was taken to court for it. The court ruled in favor of President Trump and he got the money for the wall. If he wasn't fought so hard by the Democrats in government, he might be able to do his job.

As far as taking the illegal immigrants to Florida, what was the reason behind that? I'm keeping an eye on the news. Just get a bit overpassionate with these soaps.

Reactions: friend of

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As far as taking the illegal immigrants to Florida, what was the reason behind that?

I assumed he did it to overburden the social supports of sanctuary cities. But the ramifications of having them settled there and ready to vote are much worse for a continued Republican presidency.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I assumed he did it to overburden the social supports of sanctuary cities. But the ramifications of having them settled there and ready to vote are much worse for a continued Republican presidency.

Well if God appoints our leaders, whatever pleases Him... I pray for President Trump and lean more in his favor, but it is his temper/boasting that does concern me. You called it on one thing wrong can destroy everything. He has got a lot done despite the drama and we need a debating president for how far things have got. But I sure am asking God for wisdom. I am from Texas. Just in my city alone Id see many illegal immigrants waiting for work. Mom always said there needed to be tighter borders even when I was a child. I thought it was a cruel thought until I got older and understood. It is a very hard decision with very few solutions at this point.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So far illegal immigrants can't vote in elections. Nor on visa either, I think. It is crazy how some were pushing to be able to vote WITHOUT a United States identification. It is because illegal immigrants can't get an id or license, which is needed to vote. And it will be way past 2020 elections by the time they are eligible to vote, I believe. My only thought is it is for humanitarian reasons. Because there is a lot going on at the border and the facilities are overflooded with those seeking asylum.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Senate kept voting down the border wall. President Trump wasn't asking for trillions.
The point is that Mr. Trump DID NOT have to go to the Senate or Congress for cash. The Pentagon recently re-allocated 1.5 billion dollars from the Afghanistan budget for the wall.
Pentagon shifting $1.5 billion to border wall construction

And that proves that Mr. Trump could have made a serious effort to raise the money through the funds already allocated for defense and national security. He said he would cut off financial aid to Pakistan some time back. We don't know exactly what was done. He said he would cut off aid to Central America. We don't know if that was actually accomplished.

Since the border wall is a national security issue, and the president's first priority is national security, all he had to do was to divert the billions of dollars being directed to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Central America etc to build that wall. On top of that, he could have applied a small tariff on all goods coming from Mexico and Central America and allocated that strictly for the wall. There were several billion dollars available. He said he would make Mexico pay for that wall. We don't know if his trade deal actually had that stipulation.

US imports of trade goods from Mexico for 2018 amounted to 346.53 billion dollars. U.S. imports of trade goods from Mexico 1985-2018 | Statistic

A tax of 4% on that would be equal to 13.84 billion dollars. The estimate for the wall was around 20 billion. So you can see that increasing that tax to 5% would cover the full cost.

Trump already knew all of this, and he already knew about the hostility of Congress and the Senate. But his mandate as President gave him all the authority and resources under administration costs.

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is that Mr. Trump DID NOT have to go to the Senate or Congress for cash. The Pentagon recently re-allocated 1.5 billion dollars from the Afghanistan budget for the wall.

And that proves that Mr. Trump could have made a serious effort to raise the money through the funds already allocated for defense and national security. He said he would cut off financial aid to Pakistan some time back. We don't know exactly what was done. He said he would cut off aid to Central America. We don't know if that was actually accomplished.

Since the border wall is a national security issue, and the president's first priority is national security, all he had to do was to divert the billions of dollars being directed to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Central America etc to build that wall. On top of that, he could have applied a small tariff on all goods coming from Mexico and Central America and allocated that strictly for the wall. There were several billion dollars available. He said he would make Mexico pay for that wall. We don't know if his trade deal actually had that stipulation.

Trump already knew all of this, and he already knew about the hostility of Congress and the Senate. But his mandate as President gave him all the authority and resources under administration costs.

The Pentagon shift was only in response to President Trump's emergency declaration as said in the article. There are alot of dumb, but I understand, necessary, channels and checks and balances President Trump has to go through to get matters handled. The money Pentagon put towards the wall was going to be used for the Army and what is left of the Afghan forces. My point is it would be easier if the government would work together with President Trump, because he does not back down or take no for an answer. I think he has done an amazing job. This issue has been growing for years, and yet not much has been said about it.

Reactions: tzcho2