Speaking in tongues is NOT a gift

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i thought it was 'scratching my head' ??

well it originally was.

practically the same :)

Lol, all these little dittos of language in communication online bmm. My grands even laugh at me when I get them wrong. Took me forever to fiqure out nvm, oh, nevermind........:Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud:

Reactions: post

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is ones own words which reveal one's identity .....not what one overtly affirms or denies.
Every religious fanatic will claim persecution on the grounds that they are right and the other wrong.

The odd thing is, those doing the persecuting also claim their unerring rightness.....quickly demonising those with different views.

Yes,its a viscious circle 0
Like a dog chasing its own tail.
Or the infamous catch 22.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really, you know, a child of God is suppose to be able to teach as well as be taught also. You've been given the reason why your interpretation of Romans 7 and parts of Romans 8 are flawed. God, in these two chapters is NOT speaking about the sinfulness of man.but rather, if there is one sin that has been committed that has not been forgiven, that sin must be accounted for. However, I'll tell you a secret, everyone by nature is a sinner and we cannot lay our sins on Satan!!! You're probably old enough to have watched the t.v. sitcom titled: "The Devil made me do it."

I've told you already about this the biblical way: "We walk by faith and not by sight."

To God Be The Glory

You'll have to learn how to read Romans 7 in context. You are still applying the life of a person under the Law onto yourself.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1,000,000,000% disagree.
you are in great error.

the Word says, whoever believes has eternal life.
not 'whoever never sins'

- there is no one who does good and never sins.
no one but God is good:
Jesus Christ is good.
do the math.

Satan would rather have you lead a strict, legalistic life in unbelief, and thereby be damned while you thought your vain will, desire & effort commended you to God, never having actually come to knowledge of the truth.
"to deceive, if it were possible, even the elect"

this is extremely clear in scripture. zeal without knowledge, e.g.
a tenth of mint & cumin while neglecting justice and mercy.

We must be born again to be saved. And someone who has been born again cannot sin. 1 John 3:9 Jesus was manifest to take away our sin, and in Him there is no sin.1 John 3:5. So don't kid yourself that your sins don't matter. John 8:32-36. They only prove you are not in the Spirit of Christ.

But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we forgive others their trespasses against us, then our own trespasses (minor infractions due to immaturity of the fruit of the Spirit committed by immature Christians) are forgiven. When you are mature in the Spirit you will never stumble.
Never?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless, of course, if you know what the other person is saying whether he is faithful to the word of God or not. In this case, you are debating armed only with YOUR presuppositions! Debate is a two way street.

To God Be The Glory
Then we can agree to disagree.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you think you can be born again without believing in Christ...???

She deflects from stating her faith! So I guess you cant hear what shes teaching either.

Reactions: post

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's what Peter says, Never. Isn't that wonderful? We are then guaranteed a place in heaven. Compare Galatians 5:22-23 with 2 Peter 1:5-7 and see how many fruit of the Spirit are listed by Peter. That is what we have to mature in; the fruit of the Spirit. And when we do he says we will never stumble in 2 Peter 1:10-11. Read the whole passage over and over, 2 Peter 1:2-11. It is one of my favorite passages and it is powerful.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have not had the name of Jesus invoked over you at water baptism you are in a false victory.

He told me to be baptized 45 years ago after already being baptized 3 times. I can hear Him plainly, and if He wanted me to do more, He would tell me. So knock it off already! LOL

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you think you can be born again without believing in Christ...???

Of course not. It is by believing in Him that we know we must be like Him to be saved. It is then that we know we cannot be righteous on our own, even if we know the Ten Commandments. Just like Romans 7:14-25 says the sin in our old nature prevents us from doing what we would like to do, and be what we would like to be. That is what we repent of - the inability to be righteous in order to BECOME a Christian. That is what triggers us becoming born again with the Spirit of Christ. And in an instant we are freed from the sin nature and our whole like takes an about face. Those who have never experienced this may still have head knowledge but never been changed in their heart. It is so powerful we never forget the time and date. Mine was on February 9, 1977 on a Wednesday evening at church around 8:00 pm.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what Peter says, Never. Isn't that wonderful? We are then guaranteed a place in heaven. Compare Galatians 5:22-23 with 2 Peter 1:5-7 and see how many fruit of the Spirit are listed by Peter. That is what we have to mature in; the fruit of the Spirit. And when we do he says we will never stumble in 2 Peter 1:10-11. Read the whole passage over and over, 2 Peter 1:2-11. It is one of my favorite passages and it is powerful.
They story of the prodigal son that Jesus spoke of was not true?

The man having taken his inheritance and squandering it in riotous living has no relation to a saint falling away?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He told me to be baptized 45 years ago after already being baptized 3 times. I can hear Him plainly, and if He wanted me to do more, He would tell me. So knock it off already! LOL
All I am asking is if he specifically said "I baptize you in the name of Jesus", and you have not answered me yes or no.

I am suspicious that you did not really obey Acts 2:38.

You only obeyed a portion of it.

You do realize that skipping water baptism in the name of Jesus but getting the Holy Ghost does not remit sins, correct?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They story of the prodigal son that Jesus spoke of was not true?

The man having taken his inheritance and squandering it in riotous living has no relation to a saint falling away?

Truther under what Covenant was Jesus speaking of? We can go back and forth many times before making a decision. But for all Christians we do have a time of immaturity, but I'm 75 and been born again for 45 years. I remember being immature, but I also remember God taking me to a time of severe suffering that the word says causes us to become obedient. Do you understand that from experience too? If not, you will. LOL

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truther under what Covenant was Jesus speaking of? We can go back and forth many times before making a decision. But for all Christians we do have a time of immaturity, but I'm 75 and been born again for 45 years. I remember being immature, but I also remember God taking me to a time of severe suffering that the word says causes us to become obedient. Do you understand that from experience too? If not, you will. LOL
If the story that Jesus told of the prodigal is not about the new testament Christian, what else is it about?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I am asking is if he specifically said "I baptize you in the name of Jesus", and you have not answered me yes or no.

I am suspicious that you did not really obey Acts 2:38.

You only obeyed a portion of it.

You do realize that skipping water baptism in the name of Jesus but getting the Holy Ghost does not remit sins, correct?

I know what you are saying but you do not know why the name of Jesus was mentioned in that verse. John the Baptist came first. Why? He was making straight the path to Jesus, and it all comes down to repentance. So if you were baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and have never actually repented to the degree that He then gave you the powerful life-changing Holy Spirit and became free from sin, which you seem to be arguing against (YIKES), then you just got wet. What does Mathew 28:18-20 say?

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”Amen.

The important thing is to be baptized in the name of GOD. Jesus is God. The Father is God. The Holy Spirit is God. The Spirit of Christ is God. With God inside of you, you cannot sin. But you think otherwise. So what does being baptized in the name of Jesus only done for you? I have been baptized in all of the names of God, including Jesus Christ, and the evidence that it was accepted finally, is that I do not sin. You still choose to. Why, when you should have the power not to if you've been baptized in the Holy Spirit is a slap in God's face.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the story that Jesus told of the prodigal is not about the new testament Christian, what else is it about?

Right. It is about the mercy of God to accept the Jews who have sinned against Him, and now even the Gentiles. Romans 3:21-26

21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, 26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

They are now justified when they accept Christ and He delivers them from sin. Romans 6:6-7

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course not. It is by believing in Him that we know we must be like Him to be saved.

if it is by belief then why would you say Satan doesn't care if we believe?

and the Bible does not say that we "must be like Him" to be saved - the Bible says no one is like Him.
no one is good, but God alone -- Jesus said this.
we are now the sons of God and it has not yet appeared what we shall be ((future tense)) but we know that, when He shall appear we shall be ((future tense)) like Him -- the Spirit of God says this.
if salvation is by us making ourselves like Christ then there is no salvation!

There is no one holy like the LORD,
indeed, there is no one besides You,
nor is there any Rock like our God!

(1 Samuel 2:2)

that Rock was Christ
(1 Corinthians 10:4)

. It is then that we know we cannot be righteous on our own

in which case we are not like Him because He & He alone is righteous on His own.

Just like Romans 7:14-25 says the sin in our old nature prevents us from doing what we would like to do, and be what we would like to be.

huh??Romans 7:14-25 is the apostle speaking in present tense
when he by the Spirit of God writes 'with the mind i myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin' do you imagine he is talking about the unsaved, unregenerate, unbelieving sinner?
do you imagine the unsaved, unregenerate, unbelieving enemy of God who despises righteousness "serves the law of God with their mind" ???

That is what we repent of - the inability to be righteous in order to BECOME a Christian.

we do not "repent of our inability to be righteous"
we repent of our sin recognizing it as sin and looking to Him for mercy

being a Christian is not about what you "do" but what you believe.
it is by grace through faith, not by reward for good deeds.
salvation is mercy.

That is what triggers us becoming born again with the Spirit of Christ. And in an instant we are freed from the sin nature and our whole like takes an about face. Those who have never experienced this may still have head knowledge but never been changed in their heart. It is so powerful we never forget the time and date. Mine was on February 9, 1977 on a Wednesday evening at church around 8:00 pm.

is that the day you were persuaded to devote your human will to doing good works, because you were given the impression that good works is what gets a person into heaven?

speaking of being born again, have you ever read what John 3 actually says?
Nicodemus asks how can this be so, regarding being born of Spirit -- Christ replies:

as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

(John 3:14-15)​

where do you see "salvation is by never stumbling" in that?
how do you get "Satan doesn't care if we believe in the Messiah as long as we fail at producing a perfect righteousness of works once in a while"??

dear lady, that statement of yours was sin: it was unbelief and false teaching -- so now who will save you from your body of death?
have you heard the actual gospel?

I thank God — through Jesus Christ our Lord!
(Romans 7:25)

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She deflects from stating her faith! So I guess you cant hear what shes teaching either.

o she stated it plainly enough, saying believing in Christ doesn't matter at all, it's all about being sinlessly perfect.
a person who doesn't even realize a statement like that is itself sin, does not understand what they read when they pick up their Bibles, IMO.

anyone who knows and believes the gospel should know right away that this right here is crazy talk:
Satan doesn't care if you believe in Jesus. He only cares whether you keep sinning or not.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.