Special Resurrections - Cases in Scripture, of the past, and of one to come before the Great Ones

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... 2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the ANGELS that sinned, but cast them down TO HELL and delivered them into CHAINS of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; ...
2 Peter 2:4 uses a unique word that is translated "hell" and it comes from the koine Greek "ταρταρωσας" (tartarosas), and it simply means a place of darkness. When God cast the evil angels out of the city in Heaven, on the unfallen world where God lives, (where there is no night there in the city, and all is Light), God cast them out into the 'outer space' (darkness), and eventually they fell to "earth".

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;​

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Eze 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Luk_10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
The devil is very much physically walking around on the earth:

1Pe_5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.​

Do not take one sentence of Peter and make it contradict another. This world of sin, is a place of darkness, it is the pit (we are as Daniel in the Lion's den, there are two Lions represented as being down here, Jesus (by/through the Holy Ghost/Spirit as Jesus is physically in Heaven) and Satan).

The devil breaks regular chains and bars of iron. The "chains" are of "darkness", the circumstances in which Satan finds himself.

Angels have supernatural strength and ability (Acts 12:7) and able to easily remove chains.

Therefore, how can a “chain” bind the devil, a fallen angel, since even men possessed of the devil easily break chains of iron, as in the events of the demoniac possessed with the Legion in Mark 5:3-4; Luke 8:29?

In Psalms 73:6 we read:

Psa 73:6 Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.​

In Lamentations 3:7 we read:

Lam 3:7 He hath hedged me about, that I cannot get out: he hath made my chain heavy.​

In Jude 1:6 we read:

Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.​

This is as similar to the "chain" of Revelation 20:1

The “chain” with which the Messenger of the Father comes down with is no ordinary chain of iron, but rather is the chain of omnipotent providence and circumstance!

Anyone may see more here:

https://archive.org/download/sermon-19-armageddon-and-the-seven-last-plagues/Sermon 19 - ARMAGEDDON AND THE SEVEN LAST PLAGUES.ppt

https://archive.org/download/14-combined-sermon-20-hope-for-the-millennium-revelations-grand-finale/14 Combined - Sermon 20 - HOPE FOR THE MILLENNIUM & REVELATIONS GRAND FINALE.pptx

If as you erroneously think, that angels are 'wispy aether', and are not tangible creatures with real bodies, what amount of 'earth' (dirt) could hold them? Do you not already imagine them to pass through and into human beings (which are just made of earth/dirt)?

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 2:4 uses a unique word that is translated "hell" and it comes from the koine Greek "ταρταρωσας" (tartarosas), and it simply means a place of darkness. When God cast the evil angels out of the city in Heaven, on the unfallen world where God lives, (where there is no night there in the city, and all is Light), God cast them out into the 'outer space' (darkness), and eventually they fell to "earth".

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;​

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Eze 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Luk_10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
The devil is very much physically walking around on the earth:

1Pe_5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.​

Do not take one sentence of Peter and make it contradict another. This world of sin, is a place of darkness, it is the pit (we are as Daniel in the Lion's den, there are two Lions represented as being down here, Jesus (by/through the Holy Ghost/Spirit as Jesus is physically in Heaven) and Satan).

The devil breaks regular chains and bars of iron. The "chains" are of "darkness", the circumstances in which Satan finds himself.

Angels have supernatural strength and ability (Acts 12:7) and able to easily remove chains.

Therefore, how can a “chain” bind the devil, a fallen angel, since even men possessed of the devil easily break chains of iron, as in the events of the demoniac possessed with the Legion in Mark 5:3-4; Luke 8:29?

In Psalms 73:6 we read:

Psa 73:6 Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.​

In Lamentations 3:7 we read:

Lam 3:7 He hath hedged me about, that I cannot get out: he hath made my chain heavy.​

In Jude 1:6 we read:

Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.​

This is as similar to the "chain" of Revelation 20:1

The “chain” with which the Messenger of the Father comes down with is no ordinary chain of iron, but rather is the chain of omnipotent providence and circumstance!

Anyone may see more here:

https://archive.org/download/sermon-19-armageddon-and-the-seven-last-plagues/Sermon 19 - ARMAGEDDON AND THE SEVEN LAST PLAGUES.ppt

https://archive.org/download/14-combined-sermon-20-hope-for-the-millennium-revelations-grand-finale/14 Combined - Sermon 20 - HOPE FOR THE MILLENNIUM & REVELATIONS GRAND FINALE.pptx

If as you erroneously think, that angels are 'wispy aether', and are not tangible creatures with real bodies, what amount of 'earth' (dirt) could hold them? Do you not already imagine them to pass through and into human beings (which are just made of earth/dirt)?

That’s just an attempt at spin - several words are used for hell, they all mean the same place.

Hell is the holding cell made originally for Satan and his angels, which Jesus called everlasting fire.

Thiux of course fallen angels in chains awaiting judgment are kept in that everlasting fire, made for fallen angels, that condemned humans are also put in:

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Thus the angels in chains are in the same place the condemned mortals are sent.

It doesn’t matter if chains can be a metaphor - where those fallen angels are isn’t symbolic, and they still have no bodies to sleep in the dirt, and they’re still in the place the damned are put by God - thus it can’t possibly be a dirt grave they are in.

A rose by any other name is still a rose.

Hell by any other name is still hell.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In 1 Kings, Elijah prayed three times for a dead boys SOUL to come back into his body. When his SOUL returned to his body again, the dead child was alive again. His soul wasn’t asleep with his dead body, it had LEFT and had to return.

1Ki 17:20 And he cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, hast thou also brought evil upon the widow with whom I sojourn, by slaying her son?

1Ki 17:21 And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, I pray thee, let this child's SOUL come INTO HIM AGAIN.

1Ki 17:22 And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the SOUL of the child CAME INTO HIM AGAIN and he revived.

1Ki 17:23 And Elijah took the child, and brought him down out of the chamber into the house, and delivered him unto his mother: and Elijah said, See, thy son LIVETH.

When Rachel was dying, her soul was departing, not falling asleep.

Gen 35:18 And as her SOUL WAS DEPARTING (for she was dying), she called his name Ben-oni; but his father called him Benjamin.

Gen 35:19 So Rachel died, and she was buried on the way to Ephrath (that is, Bethlehem), ...
Read the context. The word "soul" (Heb. Nephesh) means 'life' (and is translated as such over 100 times in the scriptures, see H5315), and in this context means the being/person.

So, in the case of Rachel, she was dying, or conversely, her life was leaving, meaning she was getting weaker and weaker until she was dead and her breathing stopped, her heartbeat stopped and her mind ceased to function, and then they took her up and buried her (as they did for Stephen in the NT).

Gen 35:18 And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.
Gen 35:19 And Rachel died, and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which is Bethlehem.
Gen 35:20 And Jacob set a pillar upon her grave: that is the pillar of Rachel's grave unto this day.​

In the case of Elijah and the little boy, it is the same. It is a resurrection, from a dead person to a living person. So, the text means that the boys life came back. He came back to life, from death.

1Ki 17:17 And it came to pass after these things, that the son of the woman, the mistress of the house, fell sick; and his sickness was so sore, that there was no breath left in him.
1Ki 17:18 And she said unto Elijah, What have I to do with thee, O thou man of God? art thou come unto me to call my sin to remembrance, and to slay my son?
1Ki 17:19 And he said unto her, Give me thy son. And he took him out of her bosom, and carried him up into a loft, where he abode, and laid him upon his own bed.
1Ki 17:20 And he cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, hast thou also brought evil upon the widow with whom I sojourn, by slaying her son?
1Ki 17:21 And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, I pray thee, let this child's soul come into him again.
1Ki 17:22 And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived.
1Ki 17:23 And Elijah took the child, and brought him down out of the chamber into the house, and delivered him unto his mother: and Elijah said, See, thy son liveth.
Remember, "soul" here just means 'life'. Elijah is praying that the boy's life be restored. There is not an immortal soul/spirit theology here. There is not a date with Whoopi Goldberg and Patrick Swayze (which are most peoples real theologians) here.

The text is clear, the child was dead. Not floating around somewhere. Death is simply the reversal of life:

Gen_2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.​

Job_33:4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Yes, read the text carefully. The devil (and his angels) is/are not yet in the "fire". The fire is merely "prepared" (since the days of Noah), meaning 'ready'. You can see some of it, in the volcanic action and crustal friction and tension that erupts from time to time.

The devil and his angels (and yea all the wicked) do not get thrown into the fire until later:

Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Mal_4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.
For more on hellfire (aka Lake of fire), see:

All darkness [shall be] hid in his secret places: a fire not blown shall consume him; it shall go ill with him that is left in his tabernacle. (Job 20:26)

This [is] the portion of a wicked man from God, and the heritage appointed unto him by God. (Job 20:29)

For what portion of God [is there] from above? and [what] inheritance of the Almighty from on high? (Job 31:2)

[Is] not destruction to the wicked? and a strange [punishment] to the workers of iniquity? (Job 31:3)

The wicked shall be turned into hell, [and] all the nations that forget God. (Psalms 9:17)

Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins. (Psalms 7:9)

Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: [this shall be] the portion of their cup. (Psalms 11:6)

Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the LORD shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them. (Psalms 21:9)

For yet a little while, and the wicked [shall] not [be]: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it [shall] not [be]. (Psalms 37:10)

But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD [shall be] as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away. (Psalms 37:20)

For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off. (Psalms 37:28)

But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off. (Psalms 37:38)

As smoke is driven away, [so] drive [them] away: as wax melteth before the fire, [so] let the wicked perish at the presence of God. (Psalms 68:2)

Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous. (Psalms 69:28)

For in the hand of the LORD [there is] a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring [them] out, [and] drink [them]. (Psalms 75:8)

All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off; [but] the horns of the righteous shall be exalted. (Psalms 75:10)

When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; [it is] that they shall be destroyed for ever: (Psalms 92:7)

For, lo, thine enemies, O LORD, for, lo, thine enemies shall perish; all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered. (Psalms 92:9)

Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD. (Psalms 104:35)

And a fire was kindled in their company; the flame burned up the wicked. (Psalms 106:18)

The wicked shall see [it], and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away: the desire of the wicked shall perish. (Psalms 112:10)

The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy. (Psalms 145:20)

But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it. (Proverbs 2:22)

As the whirlwind passeth, so [is] the wicked no [more]: but the righteous [is] an everlasting foundation. (Proverbs 10:25)

The hope of the righteous [shall be] gladness: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish. (Proverbs 10:28)

The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth. (Proverbs 10:30)

The wicked are overthrown, and [are] not: but the house of the righteous shall stand. (Proverbs 12:7)

The light of the righteous rejoiceth: but the lamp of the wicked shall be put out. (Proverbs 13:9)

The house of the wicked shall be overthrown: but the tabernacle of the upright shall flourish. (Proverbs 14:11)

For there shall be no reward to the evil [man]; the candle of the wicked shall be put out. (Proverbs 24:20)

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. (Ezekiel 18:4)

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. (Ezekiel 18:20)

Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it. (Isaiah 13:9)

They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one [tree] in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 66:17)

And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh. (Isaiah 66:24)

For while [they be] folden together [as] thorns, and while they are drunken [as] drunkards, they shall be devoured as stubble fully dry. (Nahum 1:10)

For as ye have drunk upon my holy mountain, [so] shall all the heathen drink continually, yea, they shall drink, and they shall swallow down, and they shall be as though they had not been. (Obadiah 1:16)

I will utterly consume all [things] from off the land, saith the LORD. (Zephaniah 1:2)

I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumblingblocks with the wicked; and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the LORD. (Zephaniah 1:3)

Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. (James 1:15)

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. (Matthew 10:28)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

But that which beareth thorns and briers [is] rejected, and [is] nigh unto cursing; whose end [is] to be burned. (Hebrews 6:8)

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. (2 Peter 3:10)

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. (Revelation 20:9)​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, read the text carefully. The devil (and his angels) is/are not yet in the "fire". The fire is merely "prepared" (since the days of Noah), meaning 'ready'. You can see some of it, in the volcanic action and crustal friction and tension that erupts from time to time.

The words used so far in describing the end of the wicked are Destroy, Blotted Out, Perished, Consumed Utterly, Cut Off, Dissolved, Melted, Devoured, Dead, Death, Hath Not Been, Not [any/no more], Burned Up, etc. [all taken from Strong's]:

[Hebrew: machah מחה; meaning: to wipe out; blot out, obliterate; exterminated]
[Hebrew: macah מסה; meaning: melt away, dissolve, liquefy, consumed]
[Hebrew: muwg מוג; meaning: to melt, dissolve, faint, dissipate, flow away]
[Hebrew: muwth מות; meaning: dead, death, kill, slain]
[Hebrew: da`ak דעך; meaning: extinguished, to go out, put out, dry up, made extinct, quenched]
[Hebrew: caphah ספה; meaning: to be swept away, destroyed, consumed]
[Hebrew: shachath שחת; meaning: destroyed, corrupted, ruined, decayed]
[Hebrew: parar פרר; meaning: break apart, frustrate, split, splinter to pieces, shatter, cracked up]
[Hebrew: 'abad אבד; meaning: perished, vanished, destroyed, die, exterminated, blot out, put to death]
[Hebrew: 'obed אבד; meaning: destruction, perish]
[Hebrew: gava` גוע; meaning: to expire, die, death, breathe ones last, yield up the last breath]
[Hebrew: cuwph סוף; meaning: to come to an end, to make an end, consume utterly, cause to cease, perish]
[Hebrew: damah דמה; meaning: to cease, cause to cease, cut off, destroy, perish, to be undone]
[Hebrew: charam חרם; meaning: to ban, destroy utterly and completely, exterminated, forfeited, divided, prohibited]
[Hebrew: kalah כלה; meaning: consumed, determined, ended, finished, completely spent, at an end, perish, terminated, annihilation, complete destruction]
[Hebrew: karath כרת; meaning: cut off, cut asunder, eliminate, kill, cut down]
[Hebrew: kachad כחד; meaning: hide, conceal, cut down, make desolate, destroy, cut off, annihilate, efface]
[Hebrew: bala` בלע; meaning: swallowed up, eaten up, to be ended]
[Hebrew: balah בלה; meaning: to wear out, wear away, use up completely]
[Hebrew: harac הרס; meaning: to tear down, break down, overthrow, destroy utterly]
[Hebrew: show' שוא; meaning: devastated, ruined, laid to waste]
[Hebrew: tsamath צמת; meaning: put an end to, cut off, destroy, exterminate, annihilate]
[Hebrew: shamad שמד; meaning: destroyed, exterminate, annihilated, devastated]
[Hebrew: naphal נפל; meaning: cast down, fail, waste away, overturn, knock down, fall]
[Hebrew: 'akal אכל; meaning: to eat, devour, consume, to be wasted, destroyed]
[Hebrew: chacal חסל; meaning: to consume, eaten up, bring to an end]
[Hebrew: tamam תמם; meaning: to be complete, finished, at an end, consumed, exhausted]
[Hebrew: 'oklah אכלה; meaning: object of devouring, consuming in judgment]
[Hebrew: maqaq מקק; meaning: to decay, pine away, rot, fester, corrupt, dissolve]
[Hebrew: guwz גוז; meaning: to pass over, pass away (of life), cut off]
[Hebrew: yatsath יצת; meaning: to be burned up, to be made desolate, set on fire]
[Hebrew: sĕrephah שרפה; meaning: burning, burn, burnt up throughly]

[Greek: apollymi ἀπόλλυμι; meaning: to destroy, put out of the way entirely, abolish, put an end to ruin, render useless, kill, perish]
[Greek: lyō λύω; meaning: loosed, undone, annul, dissolve, do away with, overthrow, break up]
[Greek: katalyō καταλύω; meaning: dissolved, disunite, overthrow, render vain, bring to naught]
[Greek: analiskō ἀναλίσκω; meaning: to expend, consume, destroy]
[Greek: phtheirō φθείρω; meaning: to corrupt, to destroy, to perish, deprave]
[Greek: diaphtheirō διαφθείρω; meaning: to corrupt, consume, destroy, kill, eat up, ruin]
[Greek: aphanizō ἀφανίζω; meaning: to snatch away, take away, to make unseen, to destroy, consume, to make vanish]
[Greek: phthora φθορά; meaning: corruption, destruction, perishing, decay]
[Greek: kataphtheirō καταφθείρω; meaning: to corrupt, deprave, to destroy, perish]
[Greek: ekkoptō ἐκκόπτω; meaning: hewn down, cut off or out]
[Greek: apokoptō ἀποκόπτω; meaning: cut off, amputate]
[Greek: nekros νεκρός; meaning: lifeless, dead, deceased, breathed ones last, inanimate, inactive]
[Greek: nekroō νεκρόω; meaning: dead, put to death, to deprive of power, destroy the strength]
[Greek: apothnēskō ἀποθνῄσκω; meaning: to die, perish, dry up, eternal death]
[Greek: empi(m)prēmi ἐμπί(μ)πρημι; meaning: burn up, destroy by fire]
[Greek: katakaiō κατακαίω; meaning: to burn up, consume by fire]​

Other passages can also be looked at individually, and such terms like "unquenchable", "eternal", "for ever and ever", "everlasting", etc and their Biblical use in terms of the righteous and the wicked in context.

Begin to ask, where are the all of the wicked [including Satan and his angels] standing in Revelation 20:8-9? Do they [the wicked] live there eternally or are they rather not completely destroyed so that the New Heaven and the New Earth may be created there, wherein dwelleth righteousness, peace, no more tears, pain or sorrow or sin or satan?

"...and there was found no place for them." Revelation 20:11

"... that no place was found for them ..." Daniel 2:35
Additionally, it is the Righteous who will eternally dwell with God, who is “a Spirit” [John 4:24 KJB], and “the Holy Spirit” the fullness of “fire” [Acts 2:3; Revelation 1:4; 4:5 KJB], who “baptize/s” with “fire” [Matthew 3:11; Mark 9:49; Luke 3:16 KJB], thus we will dwell with “everlasting burnings” [Isaiah 33:14 KJB], for God is a “consuming fire” [to sin and of “Love”] [Deuteronomy 4:24, 9:3; Hebrews 12:29; 1 John 4:8,16 KJB] and a “fire goeth before Him” [Psalms 97:3 KJB] which “shall devour before Him” [Psalms 50:3 KJB] and “he burned against Jacob like a flaming fire” [Lamentations 2:3 KJB], and for those whom He loves He is a “wall of fire round about” [Zechariah 2:5 KJB] and His “ministers a flame of fire” [Psalms 104:4; Hebrews 1:7 KJB] and His “tongue as a devouring fire” [Isaiah 30:7 KJB] His speech “fire” [2 Samuel 22:9; Psalms 18:8; Jeremiah 20:9; Acts 2:3; 2 Thessalonians 2:8 KJB], His “eyes … as a flame of fire” [Revelation 1:14, 2:18, 19:12 KJB], His “face as the sun” and His “feet a pillar of fire” [Matthew 17:2; 2 Corinthians 4:6; Revelation 1:15, 2:18, 10:1 KJB], for He is a “refiners fire” [Malachi 3:2 KJB] having a “throne of fire” [Psalms 89:36; Daniel 7:9; Ezekiel 1:26-28; Revelation 4:5 KJB], His Ten Commandments a “Fiery Law” [Deuteronomy 33:2; Ezekiel 28:14,16 KJB] and it is they who have the victory over sin who stand upon the sea of glass mingled with fire [Revelation 15:2 KJB], and will be as the burning bush which was not consumed [Exodus 3:3 KJB], for He is “Light”, even the Light of all.

However, the wicked are never immortal, for they are to be burnt up into smoke and ashes at the meeting out of Judgment, they are perished forever; Job 20:26,29, 31:2-3; Psalms 7:9, 9:17, 11:6, 21:9, 37:10, 37:20, 37:28,38, 68:2, 69:28, 75:8,10, 92:7,9, 104:35, 106:18, 112:10, 145:20; Proverbs 2:22, 10:25,28,30, 12:7, 13:9, 14:11, 24:20; Ezekiel 18:4, 18:20; Isaiah 13:9, 66:17,24; Nahum 1:10; Obadiah 1:16; Zephaniah 1:2-3; Matthew 10:28; John 3:16; Romans 6:23; Hebrews 6:8; James 1:15; 2 Peter 3:10; Revelation 20:9, 21:4 KJB.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The resurrection of the inward man:

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Rom_6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The words used so far in describing the end of the wicked are Destroy, Blotted Out, Perished, Consumed Utterly, Cut Off, Dissolved, Melted, Devoured, Dead, Death, Hath Not Been, Not [any/no more], Burned Up, etc. [all taken from Strong's]:

[Hebrew: machah מחה; meaning: to wipe out; blot out, obliterate; exterminated]
[Hebrew: macah מסה; meaning: melt away, dissolve, liquefy, consumed]
[Hebrew: muwg מוג; meaning: to melt, dissolve, faint, dissipate, flow away]
[Hebrew: muwth מות; meaning: dead, death, kill, slain]
[Hebrew: da`ak דעך; meaning: extinguished, to go out, put out, dry up, made extinct, quenched]
[Hebrew: caphah ספה; meaning: to be swept away, destroyed, consumed]
[Hebrew: shachath שחת; meaning: destroyed, corrupted, ruined, decayed]
[Hebrew: parar פרר; meaning: break apart, frustrate, split, splinter to pieces, shatter, cracked up]
[Hebrew: 'abad אבד; meaning: perished, vanished, destroyed, die, exterminated, blot out, put to death]
[Hebrew: 'obed אבד; meaning: destruction, perish]
[Hebrew: gava` גוע; meaning: to expire, die, death, breathe ones last, yield up the last breath]
[Hebrew: cuwph סוף; meaning: to come to an end, to make an end, consume utterly, cause to cease, perish]
[Hebrew: damah דמה; meaning: to cease, cause to cease, cut off, destroy, perish, to be undone]
[Hebrew: charam חרם; meaning: to ban, destroy utterly and completely, exterminated, forfeited, divided, prohibited]
[Hebrew: kalah כלה; meaning: consumed, determined, ended, finished, completely spent, at an end, perish, terminated, annihilation, complete destruction]
[Hebrew: karath כרת; meaning: cut off, cut asunder, eliminate, kill, cut down]
[Hebrew: kachad כחד; meaning: hide, conceal, cut down, make desolate, destroy, cut off, annihilate, efface]
[Hebrew: bala` בלע; meaning: swallowed up, eaten up, to be ended]
[Hebrew: balah בלה; meaning: to wear out, wear away, use up completely]
[Hebrew: harac הרס; meaning: to tear down, break down, overthrow, destroy utterly]
[Hebrew: show' שוא; meaning: devastated, ruined, laid to waste]
[Hebrew: tsamath צמת; meaning: put an end to, cut off, destroy, exterminate, annihilate]
[Hebrew: shamad שמד; meaning: destroyed, exterminate, annihilated, devastated]
[Hebrew: naphal נפל; meaning: cast down, fail, waste away, overturn, knock down, fall]
[Hebrew: 'akal אכל; meaning: to eat, devour, consume, to be wasted, destroyed]
[Hebrew: chacal חסל; meaning: to consume, eaten up, bring to an end]
[Hebrew: tamam תמם; meaning: to be complete, finished, at an end, consumed, exhausted]
[Hebrew: 'oklah אכלה; meaning: object of devouring, consuming in judgment]
[Hebrew: maqaq מקק; meaning: to decay, pine away, rot, fester, corrupt, dissolve]
[Hebrew: guwz גוז; meaning: to pass over, pass away (of life), cut off]
[Hebrew: yatsath יצת; meaning: to be burned up, to be made desolate, set on fire]
[Hebrew: sĕrephah שרפה; meaning: burning, burn, burnt up throughly]

[Greek: apollymi ἀπόλλυμι; meaning: to destroy, put out of the way entirely, abolish, put an end to ruin, render useless, kill, perish]
[Greek: lyō λύω; meaning: loosed, undone, annul, dissolve, do away with, overthrow, break up]
[Greek: katalyō καταλύω; meaning: dissolved, disunite, overthrow, render vain, bring to naught]
[Greek: analiskō ἀναλίσκω; meaning: to expend, consume, destroy]
[Greek: phtheirō φθείρω; meaning: to corrupt, to destroy, to perish, deprave]
[Greek: diaphtheirō διαφθείρω; meaning: to corrupt, consume, destroy, kill, eat up, ruin]
[Greek: aphanizō ἀφανίζω; meaning: to snatch away, take away, to make unseen, to destroy, consume, to make vanish]
[Greek: phthora φθορά; meaning: corruption, destruction, perishing, decay]
[Greek: kataphtheirō καταφθείρω; meaning: to corrupt, deprave, to destroy, perish]
[Greek: ekkoptō ἐκκόπτω; meaning: hewn down, cut off or out]
[Greek: apokoptō ἀποκόπτω; meaning: cut off, amputate]
[Greek: nekros νεκρός; meaning: lifeless, dead, deceased, breathed ones last, inanimate, inactive]
[Greek: nekroō νεκρόω; meaning: dead, put to death, to deprive of power, destroy the strength]
[Greek: apothnēskō ἀποθνῄσκω; meaning: to die, perish, dry up, eternal death]
[Greek: empi(m)prēmi ἐμπί(μ)πρημι; meaning: burn up, destroy by fire]
[Greek: katakaiō κατακαίω; meaning: to burn up, consume by fire]​

Other passages can also be looked at individually, and such terms like "unquenchable", "eternal", "for ever and ever", "everlasting", etc and their Biblical use in terms of the righteous and the wicked in context.

Begin to ask, where are the all of the wicked [including Satan and his angels] standing in Revelation 20:8-9? Do they [the wicked] live there eternally or are they rather not completely destroyed so that the New Heaven and the New Earth may be created there, wherein dwelleth righteousness, peace, no more tears, pain or sorrow or sin or satan?

"...and there was found no place for them." Revelation 20:11

"... that no place was found for them ..." Daniel 2:35
Additionally, it is the Righteous who will eternally dwell with God, who is “a Spirit” [John 4:24 KJB], and “the Holy Spirit” the fullness of “fire” [Acts 2:3; Revelation 1:4; 4:5 KJB], who “baptize/s” with “fire” [Matthew 3:11; Mark 9:49; Luke 3:16 KJB], thus we will dwell with “everlasting burnings” [Isaiah 33:14 KJB], for God is a “consuming fire” [to sin and of “Love”] [Deuteronomy 4:24, 9:3; Hebrews 12:29; 1 John 4:8,16 KJB] and a “fire goeth before Him” [Psalms 97:3 KJB] which “shall devour before Him” [Psalms 50:3 KJB] and “he burned against Jacob like a flaming fire” [Lamentations 2:3 KJB], and for those whom He loves He is a “wall of fire round about” [Zechariah 2:5 KJB] and His “ministers a flame of fire” [Psalms 104:4; Hebrews 1:7 KJB] and His “tongue as a devouring fire” [Isaiah 30:7 KJB] His speech “fire” [2 Samuel 22:9; Psalms 18:8; Jeremiah 20:9; Acts 2:3; 2 Thessalonians 2:8 KJB], His “eyes … as a flame of fire” [Revelation 1:14, 2:18, 19:12 KJB], His “face as the sun” and His “feet a pillar of fire” [Matthew 17:2; 2 Corinthians 4:6; Revelation 1:15, 2:18, 10:1 KJB], for He is a “refiners fire” [Malachi 3:2 KJB] having a “throne of fire” [Psalms 89:36; Daniel 7:9; Ezekiel 1:26-28; Revelation 4:5 KJB], His Ten Commandments a “Fiery Law” [Deuteronomy 33:2; Ezekiel 28:14,16 KJB] and it is they who have the victory over sin who stand upon the sea of glass mingled with fire [Revelation 15:2 KJB], and will be as the burning bush which was not consumed [Exodus 3:3 KJB], for He is “Light”, even the Light of all.

However, the wicked are never immortal, for they are to be burnt up into smoke and ashes at the meeting out of Judgment, they are perished forever; Job 20:26,29, 31:2-3; Psalms 7:9, 9:17, 11:6, 21:9, 37:10, 37:20, 37:28,38, 68:2, 69:28, 75:8,10, 92:7,9, 104:35, 106:18, 112:10, 145:20; Proverbs 2:22, 10:25,28,30, 12:7, 13:9, 14:11, 24:20; Ezekiel 18:4, 18:20; Isaiah 13:9, 66:17,24; Nahum 1:10; Obadiah 1:16; Zephaniah 1:2-3; Matthew 10:28; John 3:16; Romans 6:23; Hebrews 6:8; James 1:15; 2 Peter 3:10; Revelation 20:9, 21:4 KJB.

I’ve disproved soul sleep thoroughly.

Our body is our home we leave at death, and go to be with Jesus. 2 Corinthians 5

The soul leaves the body at death, therefore doesn’t sleep with it. 1 kings 17 ; Genesis 35:18

Damned humans are put in the same place that spirits called angels are put, who have no bodies to bury in dirt, hence hell can’t be the grave. Mathew 25

John sees souls under the altar in heaven, who’ve been slain by the Antichrist, and they are talking to God, so are not sleeping in dirt, awaiting the resurrection. Revelation 6:9-10

There are beings under the earth who talk, thus aren’t eating dirt in a grave. Revelation 5:13

Moses has died, but Moses isn’t taking a snooze in the dirt, because he visited Jesus on the mount of transfiguration. Mark. 9:4

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve disproved soul sleep thoroughly.
:rolleyes: How much do you charge for the fantasy theme park ride in your head?

Our body is our home we leave at death, and go to be with Jesus. 2 Corinthians 5

If I wait, the grave is mine house: I have made my bed in the darkness. Job 17:13
Feel free to read Absent from the Body - https://archive.org/download/amazing-facts-pocket-book-joe-crews-absent-from-the-body/Amazing Facts - Pocket Book - Joe Crews - Absent From The Body.pdf

"Paul says that we, Christians, are not looking to be “unclothed” [2 Corinthians 5:4], but rather, “to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven” [2 Corinthians 5:2], “so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked” [2 Corinthians 5:3; nakedness here is the sleep of death, the doing and knowing nothing of the grave; Ecclesiastes 9:5,6,10, etc.], being “clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life” [2 Corinthians 5:4], that “mortal” shall put on, and be swallowed up of, “immortality” [1 Corinthians 15:53,54]." - Special Resurrections - Cases in Scripture, of the past, and of one to come before the Great Ones

"Yes, the Body is (or ought to be) the Temple of the Holy Ghost/Spirit. How? By the words of God. We are a "house" a "vessel" to be filled or lived in (by God or devils)." - Special Resurrections - Cases in Scripture, of the past, and of one to come before the Great Ones

See also - Special Resurrections - Cases in Scripture, of the past, and of one to come before the Great Ones

Let's look:

Therefore [we are] always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 2 Cor 5:6

(For we walk by faith, not by sight ) 2 Cor 5:7

We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 2 Cor 5:8

Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 2 Cor 5:9​

[1] Let us first notice carefully in 2 Cor 5:8 what it does not say [which is commonly given]. It does not say, "...to be absent from the body IS to be present with the Lord".

It clearly says, "...to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." which is something else entirely.​

[2] Notice the very key to this text is in 2 Cor 5:7,speaking about "faith", that is waiting for the reality of the resurrection, not of actual "sight". Paul knew that it would not happen in his own day,

That ye be not soon shaken in mind... as that the day of Christ is at hand. 2 Thes 2:2;p

Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 2 Thes 2:3​

[3] Paul will not contradict himself, and also in the light of John 10:35.

Consider what Paul has stated just before our texts, in that he is not looking to be 'unclothed' [without body, and so "naked" [dead in death], that is to say without flesh/being]:, but rather he desires to be "clothed upon" [that is to say clothed with immortal flesh, immortality].

This current house [mortal] and that one to come at the resurrection [immortal, swallowing up death with eternal life], and there is no house inbetween, only death [unclothed], asleep, awaiting the resurrection.

For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: 2 Cor 5:2

If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. 2 Cor 5:3

For we that are in [this] tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. 2 Cor 5:4​

When did Paul himself expect that to be? At "that day", being "the last day", even at "the last trump", at the very "appearing" [this word is used of Christ's Second Advent/Coming] of the Lord Jesus Christ in the clouds of Glory, coming in Power and Glory:

For what [is] our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? [Are] not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming? 1 Thes 2:9

Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. 2 Tim 4:8​

And again,

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 1 Cor 15:51​

When?

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 1 Cor 15:52

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 1 Thes 4:16

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 1 Cor 15:23​

Even Job stated the same:

And [though] after my skin [worms] destroy this [body], yet in my flesh shall I see God. Job 19:26

Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold... Job 19:27;p​

For notice the question that Job asks:

But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where [is] he? Job 14:10​

Well when "man dieth... where [is] he?"

And how does he answer?:

[As] the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up: Job 14:11

So too, we "fail" and "decayeth" and "drieth up" and are returned unto "dust"...

So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens [be] no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep. Job 14:12

...hide me in the grave, ... keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, ... appoint me a set time, and remember me! Job 14:13;p

If a man die, shall he live [again]? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come. Job 14:14

Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee... Job 14:15;p​

Job knew he would die, return unto dust, and 'wait' in the grave, in death, unconscious, knowing nothing, until Jesus called him forth in the resurrection "at the last day" when the "trump of God" shall sound, and then he would answer that call to immortal life.​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

[4] Let us see a similar passage in Romans 8, in which Paul explains that we are "waiting" for our freedom from the "bondage of corruption" [our current mortal body], when we "at the last trump" shall be "clothed" with that immortal one, the only 'inbetween' would to be unclothed, which is death, alseep, without consciousness, in the grave, awaiting as Job would be and still is, etc:

Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. Rom 8:21

For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. Rom 8:22

And not only [they], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [to wit], the redemption of our body. Rom 8:23​

[5] Let us also consider where Paul says something similar to this absentness previously:

For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, [concerning] him that hath so done this deed, 1 Cor 5:3​

He directly says that though he cannot be present with the Corinthians, his 'heart' was with them ["as though" he were "present"]; ie with them in thought [ie spirit], thinking about them, and having already judged the situation from where he currently was.

[6] How was mankind created in the first place, let us go to Gen 2:7 to see, and this will help us to further understand what happen in [1st] death.

The soul leaves the body at death, therefore doesn’t sleep with it. 1 kings 17 ; Genesis 35:18
The word "soul" in those places just means "life". Already addressed, asked and answered - Special Resurrections - Cases in Scripture, of the past, and of one to come before the Great Ones

Job_33:20 So that his life abhorreth bread, and his soul dainty meat.

Job_33:22 Yea, his soul draweth near unto the grave, and his life to the destroyers.

Psa_7:5 Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah.

Psa_30:3 O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.

Psa_49:15 But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.

Psa_88:3 For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth nigh unto the grave.

Psa_89:48 What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death? shall he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave? Selah.

Jer_2:34 Also in thy skirts is found the blood of the souls of the poor innocents: I have not found it by secret search, but upon all these.

Eze_18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Eze_22:27 Her princes in the midst thereof are like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, and to destroy souls, to get dishonest gain.

Rev_16:3 And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.​

And many many others. What you have done is to use two passages improperly in spite of all the others, and contrary to them.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Damned humans are put in the same place that spirits called angels are put, who have no bodies to bury in dirt, hence hell can’t be the grave. Mathew 25
Matthew 25 doesn't use the word "hell". It speaks of the lake of fire, which is different. Notice the timing please:

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:​

Death and Hell (Grave) are cast into the lake of fire at the third Advent, Revelation 20:14. No one is burning now. Not satan, not his angels, neither a single wicked since Cain upon the earth. They are all destroyed together.

John sees souls under the altar in heaven, who’ve been slain by the Antichrist, and they are talking to God, so are not sleeping in dirt, awaiting the resurrection. Revelation 6:9-10
There are two groups, not merely one, and the first group was already a long time ago slain by anti christos (vicarivs christi), and the second group to be slain is coming (Revelation 20:4). These were already addressed here - Special Resurrections - Cases in Scripture, of the past, and of one to come before the Great Ones

It's all symbols, amidst a series of symbols, beginning with the 1st Seal. Do you image a natural horse and its rider leaping from a natural scroll also in heaven?

There are beings under the earth who talk, thus aren’t eating dirt in a grave. Revelation 5:13
"The phrase "under the earth" in Revelation 5:3, means the grave or buried (or under dirt/rock)." -
Special Resurrections - Cases in Scripture, of the past, and of one to come before the Great Ones

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.​

Notice, it says "creature". All creation 'speaks' and gives glory to its Creator:

Job 12:7 But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:
Job 12:8 Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.
Job 12:9 Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this?
Job 12:10 In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.​

Therefore, even the worm "under the earth", the fish of the sea, the fowl of the air, and the beasts of the land, blesses God and returns honour and glory, etc. The text does not say that departed 'spirits' of men are speaking from inside of the earth.

Psa 69:34 Let the heaven and earth praise him, the seas, and every thing that moveth therein.
Moses has died, but Moses isn’t taking a snooze in the dirt, because he visited Jesus on the mount of transfiguration. Mark. 9:4
I said Moses isn't dead, but resurrected. Two times now (this makes 3).

"[01.] Moses by The Son of God (aka Jesus/Michael, the eternal uncreated and highest Angel (Messenger) of the LORD (Father) - Numbers 20:8-12, 27:13, 31:2; Deuteronomy 4:21-22, 31:2,14,16, 32:51-52, 34:1-8; 1 Samuel 2:6; Matthew 22:32; John 11:25-26; Matthew 17:1-12; Mark 9:1-13; Luke 9:27-36; 2 Peter 1:16; Romans 5:14; Jude 1:9" - Special Resurrections - Cases in Scripture, of the past, and of one to come before the Great Ones

"I provided the evidence before your post that Moses was already resurrected and taken to Heaven. Thus death reigned from Adam to Moses (Moses was the first one resurrected permanently (by Jesus) and taken up to Heaven)." - Special Resurrections - Cases in Scripture, of the past, and of one to come before the Great Ones

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve disproved soul sleep thoroughly. ...

The soul leaves the body at death, therefore doesn’t sleep with it. 1 kings 17 ; Genesis 35:18 ...

John sees souls under the altar in heaven, who’ve been slain by the Antichrist, and they are talking to God, so are not sleeping in dirt, awaiting the resurrection. Revelation 6:9-10 ...
Now, you use the word "souls", and you teach that 'it' "leaves the body at death". You also teach that these "souls" are also in heaven (or hell), and without bodies.

So, what will you do with these scriptures, according to your theology?

Ecc 3:19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
Ecc 3:20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.​

And levy a tribute unto the LORD of the men of war which went out to battle: one soul of five hundred, [both] of the persons, and of the beeves, and of the asses, and of the sheep: Numbers 31:28​

Cows [beeves, bovine], asses and sheep are "souls".

Is this an isolated case, or is this noted through all of scripture? It is throughout scripture:

And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea. Revelation 16:3

Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; Acts 17:25

In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind. Job 12:10

But if the priest buy any soul with his money, he shall eat of it, and he that is born in his house: they shall eat of his meat. Leviticus 22:11
See Joshua 10, in every instance where it is written that Joshua destroyed "all the souls that were therein":

"...he utterly destroyed, them, and all the souls that were therein..." Joshua 10:28

"...he smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain in it..." Joshua 10:30

"...and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein..." Joshua 10:32

"...smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein he utterly destroyed that day..." Joshua 10:35

And they took it, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof, and all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining, according to all that he had done to Eglon; but destroyed it utterly, and all the souls that were therein. Joshau 10:37

"And he took it, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof; and they smote them with the edge of the sword, and utterly destroyed all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining..." Joshua 10:39

So Joshua smote all the country of the hills, and of the south, and of the vale, and of the springs, and all their kings: he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded. Joshua 10:40

...just as Joshua did to Jericho, so he did to those cities, "And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword." Joshua 6:21

...just as Joshua did to Haxor, so he did to those cities, "And they smote all the souls that were therein with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them: there was not any left to breathe: and he burnt Hazor with fire." Joshua 11:11

Job 12:7 But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:
Job 12:8 Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.
Job 12:9 Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this?
Job 12:10 In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.​

Help me out here, why don'tcha. Don't you know of any cases of creatures that have died and come back to life ( Dog brought back to life after being dead for 10 minutes, owner says )? Were they floating around somewhere too? According to your theology, the religion of the 'native Americans' and their spirit guides, and those of Japan, and other animists, etc are truth according to your theology in the conclusion it must bring.

With such an text as this, surely everyone goes to Heaven:

Ecc_12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.​

Did you know that those who hold to such teachings as you do, in the occult world, teach that very thing? They teach that Hitler and PolPot and all the Criminals of the world are in Heaven, and some even teach that they are in higher or more exalted positions than Jesus.

Why not take a moment to really think about all the conclusions your theology teaches.

The old man of sin. Can it ever die? According to your theology, No. You have 'immortalized' it through such theology. A powerless Gospel, no victory over sin, for the old man for ever remains alive somewhere because you teach that thoughts do not ever really perish.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve disproved soul sleep thoroughly. ...
What you have "proved" and thoroughly, is that "immortal soul/spirit" theology is completely absent from scripture and bankrupt, and worse, directly assaulting the Gospel itself.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you have "proved" and thoroughly, is that "immortal soul/spirit" theology is completely absent from scripture and bankrupt, and worse, directly assaulting the Gospel itself.

What planet do you live on? I’m on earth, where my evidence blew up soul sleep dogma into itty bitty microscopic pieces.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What planet do you live on? I’m on earth, where my evidence blew up soul sleep dogma into itty bitty microscopic pieces.
This is your answer to the replies I gave and to the question I asked? If so, mayhap you consider the following texts:

Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Not a moment before.