Spirit-Filled Members: Please Comment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I believe the leadership of MY CHURCH is wrong, I confront them, AND THEN I LEAVE if necessary -- which is typically required when we have a HIRELING who's more interested in his paycheck than the flock.

Paul CORRECTLY confronted Peter, and solved the problem and THAT'S the way to do it! If we confronted problems in life the same way, -- with people, with businesses, and with church --, we'd have a lot fewer problems.

Bobby Jo

Peter was not leader of any certain church. So your example doesn not apply.

Nothing wrong with confrontation if done in the way the local church prescribes. Once that is accomplished, and you are not satisfied, then you should leave. You should not seek to tear down the authority in place.

It doesn't matter if you believe the pastor or leadership is hireling or not.

Stranger

Reactions: Nancy

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I guess I'm a woman, because I've placed myself under THE man, Jesus!

I don't know how much you know about the Trinity, but Jesus is GOD. And man is designed to receive DIRECTLY from GOD, -- which includes the Holy Spirit.

But if you like believing EVERYTHING that your pastor/minister/priest/HIRELING tell you, instruct you, and inform you, -- then yes, you're a woman. :)

1 Cor. 14:29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others weigh what is said.

ALWAYS "weigh" or "judge" what men tell you, because none of us are perfect. -- OR BE A WOMAN!
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter was not leader of any certain church. ...

What HOGWASH. Peter was a DISCIPLE. And how much more is a DISCIPLE than a HIRELING?!?

And if your pastor/minister/priest/HIRELING do not receive your council, you can ALWAYS get two or three others to join you in council. And then if the pastor/minister/priest/HIRELING still doesn't heed your council, -- then by all means, seek to remove that person from your fellowship.

But what should we expect if we abrogate our body ministry to a HIRELING, except the inherent unsatisfactory results.

The "church" certainly isn't ready for the TRIBULATION. They won't survive it ...
Bobby Jo

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know how much you know about the Trinity, but Jesus is GOD.

And Jesus is also MAN! To deny Jesus' humanity is to deny the incarnation and if one denies the incarnation they follow another Jesus...

Are you man enough to submit your 'manhood' to Jesus?

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello BobbyJoe,

Then I guess I'm a woman, because I've placed myself under THE man, Jesus!

You too are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!
The Church consisting of both male and female members is a woman. Her Head is Jesus.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jesus is also MAN! ...

You miss the fundamentals of Christianity. -- Jesus WAS a man (not "IS" a man). HE gave up HIS GOD nature to become a man. And after HE completed HIS mission on earth, HE received HIS GOD nature back again.

I'm surprised that you don't know very much about Jesus, but have such strong opinions none the less, -- or all the more! :)

And regarding your pastor/minister/priest/HIRELING, if you prefer to submit yourself to a man, -- that's your business. But as for me, I submit myself to GOD! :)

Bobby Jo

Reactions: Helen

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church consisting of both male and female members is a woman. Her Head is Jesus.
The "CHURCH" is NOT A DENOMINATION/ORGANIZATION. WE are the church. But if you also like having a pastor/minister/priest/HIRELING tell you what to do, think, receive, and obey, -- then as proposed to @Philip James, please feel free to be a woman! :)

I can't believe so many are so ill advised,
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

If Jesus is still a "man", then how is it that after HIS ascension, Jesus appeared to the two Disciples on the road to Emmaus; and the Disciples when they were fishing; and appeared through locked doors?!?

I'm a man, and people recognize me, and I can't pass through locked doors. So Jesus was MORE than flesh and blood. But some would promote a false doctrine where Jesus is LESS than Scripture accounts for. :)

Bobby Jo

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If Jesus is still a "man", then how is it that after HIS ascension, Jesus appeared to the two Disciples on the road to Emmaus; and the Disciples when they were fishing; and appeared through locked doors?!?
The answer is rather simple. The Resurrected Lord in His glorified body was not identical to the Man who died on the cross, neither was He a spirit, as He plainly stated. He had a supernatural body, and He is still "the Man Christ Jesus").

Reactions: Philip James

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DO ALL, -- except now, you CAN'T DO ALL!
Nathan never said "Thus saith the Lord". He wasn't speaking for the Lord whereas these quacks today run around blurting out "Thus says the Lord..." and expects us to believe their nonsense.

Compare Nathan when he is acting as the Prophet of God...

2 Samuel 12:7-12 (KJV) And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul; And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things. Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon. Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife. Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not true. David spoke to Nathan the prophet. The prophet gave David wrong advice. My point is that Nathan made a mistake. Didn't he? Yet that mistake did not mean he was not a prophet of God.

Same is true with Jonah, which you didn't address.

I already told you. I do not go against the leadership of the local church. If I believe it is wrong, and there is nothing I can do to help the problem, I leave. And when I leave, I leave it to God, as it is His church.

Stranger
He gave David his advice, He never said anything akin to 'thus saith the Lord...Compare...

2 Samuel 12:7-12 (KJV) And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul; And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things. Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon. Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife. Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... and He is still "the Man Christ Jesus").

WAS ... and HE WAS still the Man ...

As of HIS Resurrection, HE IS more than a Man because HE regained HIS GOD nature.

I can't believe so many are so doctrinally confused ...
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nathan never said "Thus saith the Lord". ...

Neither did he say: Just between you and me, -- my personal opinion --, because I won't hear from GOD on this unit late this evening, so don't take what I tell you SERIOUSLY, because although I'm "on-the-job" in-season and out-of-season, 24-7-365, I'm on kind of a "break" right now, and had an idle thought, maybe even from the Tempter, or maybe not, -- but let's throw it against the wall and see if anything "sticks".

If Scripture carried the FULL ACCOUNT, I'll tell you straight up, -- that's how the conversation would have actually transpired. :)

Bobby Jo

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither did he say: Just between you and me, -- my personal opinion --, because I won't hear from GOD on this unit late this evening, so don't take what I tell you SERIOUSLY, because although I'm "on-the-job" in-season and out-of-season, 24-7-365, I'm on kind of a "break" right now, and had an idle thought, maybe even from the Tempter, or maybe not, -- but let's throw it against the wall and see if anything "sticks".

If Scripture carried the FULL ACCOUNT, I'll tell you straight up, -- that's how the conversation would have actually transpired. :)

Bobby Jo
IOW, Nathan was not speaking prophetically. It's really not rocket science.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As of HIS Resurrection, HE IS more than a Man because HE regained HIS GOD nature.
Jesus was ALWAYS more than a Man since His birth. He astounded the learned rabbis at the age of 12 with His knowledge and wisdom. And He was ALWAYS fully God and fully sinless Man. But after His resurrection, He had a very special supernatural body, which could travel between earth and Heaven, walk through walls, and ascend back to Heaven. He did not need to "regain" His God nature, since He was God every day He walked on this earth.

Reactions: Philip James

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He gave David his advice, He never said anything akin to 'thus saith the Lord...Compare...

Well, yes Nathan the prophet didn't speak the words of the Lord. That is the whole point. David went to him as a prophet. Nathan spoke as a prophet, assuming he knew what the Lord wanted. He made a mistake. But he was still a prophet.

Jonah did receive the Word of the Lord, yet his prophecy did not come true. But he was still a prophet.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What HOGWASH. Peter was a DISCIPLE. And how much more is a DISCIPLE than a HIRELING?!?

And if your pastor/minister/priest/HIRELING do not receive your council, you can ALWAYS get two or three others to join you in council. And then if the pastor/minister/priest/HIRELING still doesn't heed your council, -- then by all means, seek to remove that person from your fellowship.

But what should we expect if we abrogate our body ministry to a HIRELING, except the inherent unsatisfactory results.

The "church" certainly isn't ready for the TRIBULATION. They won't survive it ...
Bobby Jo

Yes, Peter was a disciple. But he still wasn't over a local church. This is why I said your comparison did not apply.

When you start to gather others around you to go against your pastor, I don't think this is right. If all is done in accordance with the rules and regulations of the church, then fine. But if it is just you getting others to support your grievance to try and overthrow the leadership, that doesn't sound right to me. You could well find yourself fighting against God.

Remember David's attitude toward Saul. David was the appointed King by God. God had rejected Saul. David would not lift his hand against Saul. Just like Paul apologized to the High Priest after he chastised him. (Acts 23:3-5) This should be our attitude when we have a grievance against the leadership of the church.

The zealousness of your attitude has a ring of rebellion in it, to me. Just my opinion. Note how Absalom created his rebellion. (2 Sam. 15:1-6) You see this type raise it's head in churches quite often. This is not the attitude or the way to voice a grievance.

As I said, there are times to voice a grievance. But you go through the proper channels. Through the business meetings. But even then try and carry the attitude of David with you, and not that of Absalom.

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "CHURCH" is NOT A DENOMINATION/ORGANIZATION. WE are the church. But if you also like having a pastor/minister/priest/HIRELING tell you what to do, think, receive, and obey, -- then as proposed to @Philip James, please feel free to be a woman! :)

I can't believe so many are so ill advised,
Bobby Jo
Despite your unnecessarily harsh tone, you are effectively correct about what the Church is.

Be that as it may the Man is the one who opens his mouth as directed by God and the Word of God comes forth, no matter what the physical gender of the speaking person may be. The ones sitting in silence listening and receiving that Word which make up the Woman [or wife consist of people of both physical genders] , the Body of Christ joining herself in subjection to her Head, which is Jesus. You need to read again the following verse and ask God to give you a more complete interpretation:

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law." I Cor 14:34

Instead of speaking so regularly of your contempt for the ignorance of others [whether they deserve it or not] you should somewhere in all of you supposed knowledge have learned what it means to be humble and loving toward others. Your own failure in this area in spite of any real knowledge you may have will cost you everything good that you really have:

"...there is none good but one, that is, God." Mark 10:18 Is God in you?

"Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth." Matt 5:5

Give God the glory!