spirit, soul, body differences

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Randy, I'm curious here on 'what we would judge?

The Scriptures have provided apostolic authority, direct from Jesus, so as to safeguard our teaching. This determines who we should accept as teachers and prophets in the Church.

There are 2 things that give us "judging" tools: Scriptural teaching and Christian practice. Without true Christian practice, Christian teaching is empty. Without Christian love, Christian traditions and following the sacraments are meaningless.

Don't believe me--believe Paul.

1 Cor 13.1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

Reactions: soul man

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you are entitled, unfortunately, to your opinion, every though contrary to the direct words of Christ!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you are entitled, unfortunately, to your opinion, every though contrary to the direct words of Christ!

If you can't back up your claims with proof, or even evidence, of what you claim, why say it at all? Contrary to your slander, my claim is that I'm basing *all* of my teaching on the *direct words of Christ.* And I'm saying that having given Scriptural backing for my positions. And yet you deny this without any evidence at all!

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can't back up your claims with proof, or even evidence, of what you claim, why say it at all? Contrary to your slander, my claim is that I'm basing *all* of my teaching on the *direct words of Christ.* And I'm saying that having given Scriptural backing for my positions. And yet you deny this without any evidence at all!

Well, I thought you would never ask!

John 4:23- But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers.

Churchianity says God and Christ LIED.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I thought you would never ask!

John 4:23- But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers.

Churchianity says God and Christ LIED.

How would you define "churchianity?"

Obviously, you've steered away from answering the question: how can you justify slandering me? How can you claim my teaching is not directly based on Christ's teaching when I've given you my Scriptural support? Nothing you quote here has anything to do with what I teach and believe.

You have made yourself the judge and jury over who *you think* qualify as "true worshippers." Not a good place to be, brother!

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Among the many slanders of Churchianity is that:

GOD lied, and SATAN told the truth. We don't "DIE: at all, but live on as IMMORTAL SPIRITS.
God didn't send for his only-begotten son, but came Himself, Theirselves!
God, who cannot die, was ALIVE as the Godman for the 3 days.

And, that is only "the Tip of a Mighty Iceberg"!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. God's "computer chip" for us presents us with who we are. However, I believe there is both a physical DNA and a spiritual DNA.

We've inherited a spiritual Sin Nature, along with a spiritual nature. And so we don't just have a physical nature, but we also have a spiritual nature.

We know we are spirits encased in bodies because our spirits survive death without the body for awhile. Inasmuch as the Bible indicates we are "naked" without bodies, longing to be clothed with new glorified bodies, it's apparent our spirits were designed to be encased in bodies.

And so, we are both spirits and bodies, which forms our "ego," or "soul." We are both spirits and bodies, but best described as a "soul."

I like what you say here. I see humanity having one nature at a time. Sin nature or the nature of God witch we now partake of in Christ. Just as we were born in sin and lived by that nature so it is in Christ- we partake of the nature of God by a birth, the new birth (born again) we live by that life - nature - spirit - Christ'. It is finished and believers are renewed to see him and what is provided by a birth in Christ. They are called the children of God because of a birthing.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like what you say here. I see humanity having one nature at a time. Sin nature or the nature of God witch we now partake of in Christ. Just as we were born in sin and lived by that nature so it is in Christ- we partake of the nature of God by a birth, the new birth (born again) we live by that life - nature - spirit - Christ'. It is finished and believers are renewed to see him and what is provided by a birth in Christ. They are called the children of God because of a birthing.

I really liked that!! :)

Reactions: soul man