Spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so the results of God's work are fake not real what drugs are you taking? God's work isn't fake its real. go back to the beginning of the bible and start over. you're saying God speaks and it really didn't happen, you are definitely posting on the wrong web site pal. go away you're nuts.
That is not the situation, not at all, and not what I am saying. Your lack of understanding does not mean that anything you have yet to come to know, means that one who speaks the truth is on drugs.

On the contrary, God is Creator and Author. And even humans who create and write, do not create and write what is real, but rather merely create and write in the likeness of what is real...just as the statue of David is not David, nor were his words poured out in psalms anything less than spirit, though they told of many things of evil and of men, and things created.

Therefore, when we fight against flesh and blood, we are told that it is not the real problem. By God's word, this is the definition of what is real, and what is not. So, no, I am not taking drugs, but speaking God's truth...and you have need of the renewing of your mind on such matters.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truther,

Would you please help me to understand your position regarding Jesus' deity? Are you saying that when Jesus was on earth he was not God, but was becoming God - after the resurrection?

Thanks,
Oz
Yes.

That is correct.

Except he was MADE God, not became God.

God fully indwelled him with ALL of His being, bodily.

This event upon Jesus' body made him God by default.
That does not agree with God being "the same yesterday, today, and forever." Scripture must agree with scripture.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A curious thing indeed. As God says, "I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the Lord, do all these things." Some translations say, "I make peace and create evil."

The point is, there is no power except from God, from which all things are accomplished and fulfilled according to His purpose.

So, then, when we are told, and do read that, "we fight not against flesh and blood, but against powers and principalities in high places"...we take are stand with God, or against Him.

Not arguing the above. Isaiah 54:16-17 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. [17] No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;...

what I’m asking pertaining to the topic of thread ‘spirit’ is concerning: John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

with Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

It confuses me; so much so that I’m not even sure what my question is. :oops:

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It confuses me; so much so that I’m not even sure what my question is.
That's because you generally string together a series of Bible passages which happen to have the same word, although they may be TOTALLY UNRELATED. If that will not cause confusion, nothing will.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
also, just how powerful is spirit in comparison to the physical part of creation
Spirit is THE MOST POWERFUL thing in the universe, since God is a Spirit and the Holy Spirit is a Spirit. Spirit is divine energy and existence. And God has always been there, long before He created anything.

As to physical creation, everything was created out of *nothing* (Ex Nihilo) -- there was no pre-existent matter. And today it is an established fact that energy can be changed into matter, and vice versa. All matter is actually in a state of energetic motion at the sub-atomic level.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because you generally string together a series of Bible passages which happen to have the same word, although they may be TOTALLY UNRELATED. If that will not cause confusion, nothing will.

ok I get your point and agree you are maybe right about that.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not arguing the above. Isaiah 54:16-17 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. [17] No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;...

what I’m asking pertaining to the topic of thread ‘spirit’ is concerning: John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

with Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

'Spiritual' ViJ can be understood differently according to the context.
No.1.... it can be mean that reality of the other realm; the heavenly or the demonic
No.2.... It can mean an understanding not derived from the logic the natural human operates by.....this can also be heavenly or demonic.

Discerning which is which is something God's people earnestly need to plead with God about because the counterfeit can so resemble the genuine it is not perceived without enlightenment .....and this on a moment to moment basis.

For example, many do not understand that smoking is an affliction greater than the physical as is all harmful behaviour. It is either projected out onto others or absorbed in on oneself.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is simpler than all that really, it's about revelation by contrast...like black ink on white paper, opposites that reveal the truth in word. He is showing us what is, and how it is, what is true, and what is not. Then comes the end.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is simpler than all that really, it's about revelation by contrast...like black ink on white paper, opposites that reveal the truth in word. He is showing us what is, and how it is, what is true, and what is not. Then comes the end.
hmmm.....I'm sorry, but i can't get a handle on 'spiritual' from your explanation.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That does not agree with God being "the same yesterday, today, and forever." Scripture must agree with scripture.
Sure it does.

Jesus was actually slain from the foundation of the world per Rev 13:8.

Just think of the implications here...

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spirit is THE MOST POWERFUL thing in the universe, since God is a Spirit and the Holy Spirit is a Spirit. Spirit is divine energy and existence. And God has always been there, long before He created anything.

that maybe so with the Almighty of which is self explanatory, seeing its understood He is Almighty and Most High.

what about the spirit of fear, or the father of lies? or as some say the human spirit.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Substance ? Substance is the physical properties of a thing. I do not believe that applies to Gods Spirit.

Isa 11:
[2] ...the spirit (power) of the LORD ...
of:
wisdom...
understanding...
counsel...
might...
knowledge...
fear of the LORD...

Glory to God,
Taken

just because its not physical doesn't mean it doesn't have substance. its just not physical.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just because its not physical doesn't mean it doesn't have substance. its just not physical.

Sure,
Substance can have several meanings:

Briefly:
* Physical:
a particular kind of matter with uniform properties.
* Physical:
the real physical matter of which a person or thing consists and which has a tangible, solid presence.
* 1a : essential nature : essence.
* b : a fundamental or characteristic part or quality.

I listed some characteristic essence of what I believe applies to the substance of the Spirit of God.

So what were you looking for ?
a Physical matter of the Spirit of God?

Glory to God,
Taken

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Being a 3-part being, we exist in 3 realms. The spiritual, the social, and the material or physical realms. God is spirit and it is my spirit that He communes with. I commune with others mainly by interacting with them through my soul, which consists of mind, will, and emotion. Though at times the spiritual comes into play. The material is obvious. Stub your toe and it hurts.
The spiritual is the least noticeable. Unless God or perhaps the enemy makes it otherwise. I also believe that the first and main part of me is my spirit. Shalom.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think that He has a form but not flesh....I can imagine Him as pure light....pure energy....and having the ability to appear to our physical eyes and carnal mind as He sees fit.
full

Ezekiel 1:20
"Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels."

The Wheels are Electron Orbitals. The Eyes are the Electrons themselves...

full

Thus the 'Eye' of the body is Light/Photon/Electromagnetism...

Matthew 6:22
"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light."

Yes, according to the Word of God, Spirit is Energy. It is what brings things to life.

The Breath of Life Spirit Energy jumpstarted Adam's Heart and he became animated...

Genesis 2:7
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

Good job Heart2Soul for seeing Truth.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
full

Ezekiel 1:20
"Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels."

The Wheels are Electron Orbitals. The Eyes are the Electrons themselves...

full

Thus the 'Eye' of the body is Light/Photon/Electromagnetism...

Matthew 6:22
"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light."

Yes, according to the Word of God, Spirit is Energy. It is what brings things to life.

The Breath of Life Spirit Energy jumpstarted Adam's Heart and he became animated...

Genesis 2:7
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

Good job Heart2Soul for seeing Truth.
Thank you @Base12 and good to see you again!

Reactions: Base12

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know that if anyone has the Spirit of God, they confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

Reactions: Heart2Soul