Spiritual and Physical Parallels

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
I have been reading through a lot of the end times prophecy forum. This thread is to discuss the unseen realm of battle that we fight in every day.

Do you think evil dominant spiritual entities control the powers of this world, or is our current world scenario and the way countries relate to one another separate from demonic and angelic conflict?

Do you think that there is any separation at all?

Will dominant evil powers conspire to manifest within their own selected human individuals and human authorities?

How are we expected to (How should we) do battle as warriors of God when prophecy declares nations and spiritual authorities will already act a certain way?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi martinlawerencescott!

Do you think evil dominant spiritual entities control the powers of this world, or is our current world scenario and the way countries relate to one another separate from demonic and angelic conflict?

Ephesians 6:12
ForG3754 weG2254 wrestleG2076 G3823 notG3756 againstG4314 fleshG4561 andG2532 blood,G129 butG235 againstG4314 principalities,G746 againstG4314 powers,G1849 againstG4314 theG3588 rulersG2888 of theG3588 darknessG4655 of thisG5127 world,G165 againstG4314 spiritualG4152 wickednessG4189 inG1722 highG2032 places.

G746 ἀρχή arche - principalities
From G756; (properly abstract) a commencement, or (concrete) chief (in various applications of order, time, place or rank): - beginning, corner, (at the, the) first (estate), magistrate, power, principality, principle, rule.

G1849 ἐξουσία exousia - powers
From G1832 (in the sense of ability); privilege, that is, (subjectively) force, capacity, competency, freedom, or (objectively) mastery (concretely magistrate, superhuman, potentate, token of control), delegated influence: - authority, jurisdiction, liberty, power, right, strength.

G2888 κοσμοκράτωρ kosmokratōr - rulers

From G2889 and G2902; a world ruler, an epithet of Satan: - ruler.

G4655 σκότος skotos - darkness
From the base of G4639; shadiness, that is, obscurity (literally or figuratively): - darkness.

G165 αἰών aiōn - world
From the same as G104; properly an age; by extension perpetuity (also past); by implication the world; specifically (Jewish) a Messianic period (present or future): - age, course, eternal, (for) ever (-more), [n-]ever, (beginning of the, while the) world (began, without end). Compare G5550.

G4152 πνευματικός pneumatikos - spiritual
From G4151; non-carnal, that is, (humanly) ethereal (as opposed to gross), or (daemoniacally) a spirit (concretely), or (divinely) supernatural, regenerate, religious: - spiritual. Compare G5591.

G4189 πονηρία ponēria - wickedness
From G4190; depravity, that is, (specifically) malice; plural (concretely) plots, sins: - iniquity, wickedness.

G2032 ἐπουράνιος epouranios - high
From G1909 and G3772; above the sky: - celestial, (in) heaven (-ly), high.

Daniel 10
:10 And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands.
Dan 10:11 And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.
Dan 10:12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.

Dan 10:13 But the princeH8269 of the kingdomH4438 of PersiaH6539 withstoodH5975 H5048 me oneH259 and twentyH6242 days:H3117 but, lo,H2009 Michael,H4317 oneH259 of the chiefH7223 princes,H8269 cameH935 to helpH5826 me; and IH589 remainedH3498 thereH8033 withH681 the kingsH4428 of Persia.H6539
Dan 10:14 Now I am comeH935 to make thee understandH995 (H853) whatH834 shall befallH7136 thy peopleH5971 in the latterH319 days:H3117 forH3588 yetH5750 the visionH2377 is for many.

H8269 שׂר śar - prince
From H8323; a head person (of any rank or class): - captain (that had rule), chief (captain), general, governor, keeper, lord, ([-task-]) master, prince (-ipal), ruler, steward.

H4438 מלכיּה מלכת מלכוּת malkûth malkûth malkûyâh - Kingdom
mal-kooth', mal-kooth', mal-koo-yaw'
From H4427; a rule; concretely a dominion: - empire, kingdom, realm, reign, royal.

H5975 עמד ‛âmad - withstood
A primitive root; to stand, in various relations (literally and figuratively, intransitively and transitively): - abide (behind), appoint, arise, cease, confirm, continue, dwell, be employed, endure, establish, leave, make, ordain, be [over], place, (be) present (self), raise up, remain, repair, + serve, set (forth, over, -tle, up), (make to, make to be at a, with-) stand (by, fast, firm, still, up), (be at a) stay (up), tarry.H5048 נגד neged - From H5046; a front, that is, part opposite; specifically a counterpart, or mate; usually (adverbially, especially with preposition) over against or before: - about, (over) against, X aloof, X far (off), X from, over, presence, X other side, sight, X to view.

H2009 הנּה hinnêh - lo
Prolonged for H2005; lo!: - behold, lo, see.

H4317 מיכאל mı̂ykâ'êl - Michael

From H4310 and (the prefixed derivation from) H3588 and H410; who (is) like God?; Mikael, the name of an archangel and of nine Israelites: - Michael.

H7223 ראשׁן ראשׁון ri'shôn ri'shôn - chief
From H7221; first, in place, time or rank (as adjective or noun): - ancestor, (that were) before (-time), beginning, eldest, first, fore [-father] (-most), former (thing), of old time, past.

H8269 שׂר śar - princes
From H8323; a head person (of any rank or class): - captain (that had rule), chief (captain), general, governor, keeper, lord, ([-task-]) master, prince (-ipal), ruler, steward.

H5826 עזר ‛âzar - help
A primitive root; to surround, that is, protect or aid: - help, succour.

H3498 יתר yâthar - remained
A primitive root; to jut over or exceed; by implication to excel; (intransitively) to remain or be left; causatively to leave, cause to abound, preserve: - excel, leave (a remnant), left behind, too much, make plenteous, preserve, (be, let) remain (-der, -ing, -nant), reserve, residue, rest.

Daniel 10:20
Dan 10:20 Then saidH559 he, KnowestH3045 thou whereforeH4100 I comeH935 untoH413 thee? and nowH6258 will I returnH7725 to fightH3898 withH5973 the princeH8269 of Persia:H6539 and when IH589 am gone forth,H3318 lo,H2009 the princeH8269 of GreciaH3120 shall come.H935
Dan 10:21 ButH61 I will shewH5046 thee(H853) that which is notedH7559 in the scriptureH3791 of truth:H571 and there is noneH369 H259 that holdethH2388 withH5973 me inH5921 these things,H428 butH3588 H518 MichaelH4317 your prince.H8269

H7725 שׁוּב shûb - return
A primitive root; to turn back (hence, away) transitively or intransitively, literally or figuratively (not necessarily with the idea of return to the starting point); generally to retreat; often adverbially again: - ([break, build, circumcise, dig, do anything, do evil, feed, lay down, lie down, lodge, make, rejoice, send, take, weep]) X again, (cause to) answer (+ again), X in any case (wise), X at all, averse, bring (again, back, home again), call [to mind], carry again (back), cease, X certainly, come again (back) X consider, + continually, convert, deliver (again), + deny, draw back, fetch home again, X fro, get [oneself] (back) again, X give (again), go again (back, home), [go] out, hinder, let, [see] more, X needs, be past, X pay, pervert, pull in again, put (again, up again), recall, recompense, recover, refresh, relieve, render (again), X repent, requite, rescue, restore, retrieve, (cause to, make to) return, reverse, reward, + say nay, send back, set again, slide back, still, X surely, take back (off), (cause to, make to) turn (again, self again, away, back, back again, backward, from, off), withdraw.

H3898 לחם lâcham - fight
A primitive root; to feed on; figuratively to consume; by implication to battle (as destruction): - devour, eat, X ever, fight (-ing), overcome, prevail, (make) war (-ring).

H3318 לחם yâtsâ' - gone forth
A primitive root; to go (causatively bring) out, in a great variety of applications, literally and figuratively, direct and proximate: - X after, appear, X assuredly, bear out, X begotten, break out, bring forth (out, up), carry out, come (abroad, out, thereat, without), + be condemned, depart (-ing, -ure), draw forth, in the end, escape, exact, fail, fall (out), fetch forth (out), get away (forth, hence, out), (able to, cause to, let) go abroad (forth, on, out), going out, grow, have forth (out), issue out, lay (lie) out, lead out, pluck out, proceed, pull out, put away, be risen, X scarce, send with commandment, shoot forth, spread, spring out, stand out, X still, X surely, take forth (out), at any time, X to [and fro], utter.

H2388 חזק châzaq - holdeth
A primitive root; to fasten upon; hence to seize, be strong (figuratively courageous, causatively strengthen, cure, help, repair, fortify), obstinate; to bind, restrain, conquer: - aid, amend, X calker, catch, cleave, confirm, be constant, constrain, continue, be of good (take) courage (-ous, -ly), encourage (self), be established, fasten, force, fortify, make hard, harden, help, (lay) hold (fast), lean, maintain, play the man, mend, become (wax) mighty, prevail, be recovered, repair, retain, seize, be (wax) sore, strengten (self), be stout, be (make, shew, wax) strong (-er), be sure, take (hold), be urgent, behave self valiantly, withstand.

H8269 שׂר śar - (your) prince

Will dominant evil powers conspire to manifest within their own selected human individuals and human authorities?

1 John 2
1Jn 2:18 Little children,G3813 it isG2076 the lastG2078 time:G5610 andG2532 asG2531 ye have heardG191 thatG3754 antichristG500 shall come,G2064 evenG2532 nowG3568 areG1096 there manyG4183 antichrists;G500 wherebyG3606 we knowG1097 thatG3754 it isG2076 the lastG2078 time.G5610
1Jn 2:19 They went outG1831 fromG1537 us,G2257 butG235 they wereG2258 notG3756 ofG1537 us;G2257 forG1063 ifG1487 they had beenG2258 ofG1537 us,G2257 they would no doubt have continuedG3306 G302 withG3326 us:G2257 butG235 they went out, thatG2443 they might be made manifestG5319 thatG3754 they wereG1526 notG3756 allG3956 ofG1537 us.G2257

G5610 ὥρα hōra - time
Apparently a primary word; an “hour” (literally or figuratively): - day, hour, instant, season, X short, [even-] tide, (high) time.

G500 ἀντίχριστος antichristos - antichrist
an-tee'-khris-tos
From G473 and G5547; an opponent of the Messiah: - antichrist.

G1831 ἐξέρχομαι exerchomai - went out
From G1537 and G2064; to issue (literally or figuratively): - come-(forth, out), depart (out of), escape, get out, go (abroad, away, forth, out, thence), proceed (forth), spread abroad.

G5319 φανερόω phaneroō - manifest
From G5318; to render apparent (literally or figuratively): - appear, manifestly declare, (make) manifest (forth), shew (self).

G3756 οὐ ou - not
Also οὐκ ouk ook used before a vowel and οὐχ ouch ookh before an aspirate.
A primary word; the absolutely negative (compare G3361) adverb; no or not: - + long, nay, neither, never, no (X man), none, [can-] not, + nothing, + special, un ([-worthy]), when, + without, + yet but. See also G3364, G3372.

G3956 πᾶς pas - all
Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole: - all (manner of, means) alway (-s), any (one), X daily, + ever, every (one, way), as many as, + no (-thing), X throughly, whatsoever, whole, whosoever.

G2257 ἡμῶν hēmōn - us
Genitive plural of G1473; of (or from) us: - our (company), us, we.

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

2 John 1:7
[ Beware of Antichrist Deceivers ] For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

How are we expected to (How should we) do battle as warriors of God when prophecy declares nations and spiritual authorities will already act a certain way?

Matthew 24
3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”
4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

The Great Tribulation
15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.
23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
26 “Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

The Coming of the Son of Man
29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Ephesians 6
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—

1 Peter 4
7 But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers. 8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.

we are to love one another, pray and stand firm....
prayinghardsmiley.gif

Be blessed dear brother!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I have been reading through a lot of the end times prophecy forum. This thread is to discuss the unseen realm of battle that we fight in every day.

The NT teaches that both nations and individuals can be controlled/influenced by the powers of darkness. Satan is truly the god of this world, but fallen humans willingly follow his influences.

Luke 4:5-7 (ESV)
[sup]5 [/sup]And the devil took him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time, [sup]6 [/sup]and said to him, “To you I will give all this authority and their glory, for it has been delivered to me, and I give it to whom I will.

Jesus did not challenge the devil's above statement. That's why all governments are CORRUPT. And they will stay corrupt until the Prince of Peace returns to set up His Kingdom.Those who are hoping this world will get better are going to be terribly disappointed.

Mark 13:19 (ESV)
[sup]19 [/sup]For in those days there will be such tribulation as has not been from the beginning of the creation that God created until now, and never will be.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see that there are 2 parallel realities! One is temporal, and the other eternal. Satan rules the temporal minded ones. He maintains his influence through deceiving men! But God's influence affects the temporal reality.

Spiritual Christians are to seek to conform this temporal reality to the eternal one.

His will be done on earth as it is in heaven. We are involved in this process! He wishes to include us in this and work through us!:)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The way I see per God's Word, putting it in laymen's terms, the principalities and powers over this present world are only given power by God Himself. That is done only in order to work His Plan.

For His Church on earth, we already represent the victorious through Christ's death on the cross. The main difference today is that Christ's Kingdom is only manifested on earth among His Body, and not outside it over all the earth, yet.

Even during the coming great tribulation Christ's Body will still be here on earth to go through it just to show the wicked that God cannot be defeated, and that His Promise of Salvation to His servants is True and sure.

In the last days when Satan's host determines to try and step outside God's bounds of control He set for them, by attempting to destroy Christ's saints off this earth, that's when God's fury is going to arise, with His coming off His Throne in Heaven back to this earth to take total control over the wicked.

So this present rebuke the Body of Christ must go through in the last days by Satan's host is really nothing. Be strong in the Faith. Keep your patience in Christ Jesus.

God said He created this earth to be inhabited (Isaiah 45:18), and for His pleasure He created all things. That's why He also said the meek shall inherit the earth, but the wicked will be cut off from it and be no more (Ps.37).

This earth is for us, Christ's servants. It's time Christ's Body started to think about that too.