Spiritual etymology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"They were a violent mob," is not a motivation. Their "intention to prevent a legal, Constitutionally-mandated certification of the vote" does not speak to motivations either. "They were angry because their cult leader was overthrown in a totally legal election" is closer to my intent for this thread.
I'm thinking it must have been a mixed group, with some angry over the fraud taking place in front of their eyes. Maybe some caught up in the moment, feeling historic.

I'm thinking a large part of their motivation was the ideal that they could correct this massive wrong, and save the nation from this deadly peril. Patriotism, plain and simple. Hope.

Much love!

Reactions: lforrest

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are so deluded that there is no point in discussing the issue any further. Bye -- you're now on "ignore" status. And forget the "much love" hypocrisy!
Wow! That's a lot easier than a reasoned reply, but I guess you aren't seeing this.

Much love, and hope for better!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual motivations. It really is a good thing to being able to identify and understand these things.

Much love!

Reactions: dev553344

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
You are so deluded that there is no point in discussing the issue any further. Bye -- you're now on "ignore" status. And forget the "much love" hypocrisy!
Since when has laughing at someone been considered a discussion?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that there is an unnamed and undiscovered art in this world.

Spiritual discernment can be applied to any idea. And from that the spirit or spirits behind it exposed. All the way down to the roots. Sort of like an etymology.

An example that is probably not correct or complete, but will give you an idea of what I'm on about:

The idea of Marxism stems from envy and rebellion. Envy comes from pride and doubt. Rebellion, pride, and doubt all come directly from Satan.

So by breaking down an idea to it's spiritual roots we can form insights about it. Insights about how to categorize it, and how to attack or defend against it.
The problem with the Soviet Union as I was told was that they had a good idea but it was destined to fail. They wanted everyone to end up with the same wage like the church was established in the bible. But what ended up happening was that every important person had the large house on the hill and all the little people ended up in apartments.

Applying your spiritual idea makes me think of selfishness. Something I struggle with. It is spiritually against God. When I act in a selfless way I feel the Lords spirit and it is wonderful. Perhaps the selfishness got hold of the Soviet Union?

Reactions: lforrest and marks

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since when has laughing at someone been considered a discussion?
This is in response to my post where I wrote "You are so deluded that there is no point in discussing the issue any further. Bye -- you're now on "ignore" status. And forget the "much love" hypocrisy!" ?

Regarding "LOL", while not being part of a "discussion" per se, it clearly indicates that the statement that has been made is ludicrous.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The problem with the Soviet Union as I was told was that they had a good idea but it was destined to fail. They wanted everyone to end up with the same wage like the church was established in the bible. But what ended up happening was that every important person had the large house on the hill and all the little people ended up in apartments.

Applying your spiritual idea makes me think of selfishness. Something I struggle with. It is spiritually against God. When I act in a selfless way I feel the Lords spirit and it is wonderful. Perhaps the selfishness got hold of the Soviet Union?
Perhaps this is why I picked Marxism as an example. On the surface it is hard to determine if it is good or evil. Because, as you point out, the church was cooperative in the beginning. Yet millions have died, and been repressed because of these policies.

I propose that ideas not be judged on their merits, but on the spiritual origins of the idea. If we are to judge a tree by it's fruits, why can't we judge a fruit by it's tree? We can assume that Satan will have evil designs even if we do not see them on the surface. And likewise God will have good motives, by the very definition of what is good. Why accept anything from a Satanist like Marx?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps this is why I picked Marxism as an example. On the surface it is hard to determine if it is good or evil. Because, as you point out, the church was cooperative in the beginning. Yet millions have died, and been repressed because of these policies.

I propose that ideas not be judged on their merits, but on the spiritual origins of the idea. If we are to judge a tree by it's fruits, why can't we judge a fruit by it's tree? We can assume that Satan will have evil designs even if we do not see them on the surface. And likewise God will have good motives, by the very definition of what is good. Why accept anything from a Satanist like Marx?
Another good example is movies. If I watch a movie with violent or sexual content I feel spiritually ill. So I stick to childrens movies for the most part. I watch a lot of movies since I'm disabled and have learned what doesn't make me feel ill.

Reactions: marks and lforrest

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
This is all sophistry.

It doesn't matter what your intent is for this thread. A discussion is between two or more people, ideally to arrive at a mutual understanding.

You make one statement about loyalty to Trump, then follow it with loyalty to one's country, as though they are synonymous. They clearly are not! You are on the right track when you state that Trump won popularity because of who he is and not his policies, or his followers all shifted from being pro America to being pro Trump.

Nothing came of the January 6 violence in terms of things that affect the governance of this country because the insurrection was defeated and the Congress carried out its Constitutional duty. Regardless of Trump's refusal to exercise his Constitutional duty to protect and defend the Constitution, democracy was the victor.
Believe it or not the OP of a thread determines the topic being discussed. If something does not contribute to the discussion and is reported as being off topic, it may be moved or removed.

I'm pointing out the logical inconsistency with the narrative you are repeating. Trump was elected by people who voted for him because of his America first policies. These same people then went unhinged and resorted to sedition against their country? It doesn't make sense.

Far more likely, and consistent with the protestors patriotism, is that they truly believed the election was stolen.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe it or not the OP of a thread determines the topic being discussed. If something does not contribute to the discussion and is reported as being off topic, it may be moved or removed.

I'm pointing out the logical inconsistency with the narrative you are repeating. Trump was elected by people who voted for him because of his America first policies. These same people then went unhinged and resorted to sedition against their country? It doesn't make sense.

Far more likely, and consistent with the protestors patriotism, is that they truly believed the election was stolen.
Are you some kind of clairvoyant? You can look into peoples' minds and know why they voted for their preferred candidate?

Patriotism equated to believing the election was stolen? That is truly bizarre!

Finally, the subject of the OP is "spiritual etymology", so why are you discussing Trump and sedition? Are you going to remove your own off-topic posts?

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I'm thinking it must have been a mixed group, with some angry over the fraud taking place in front of their eyes. Maybe some caught up in the moment, feeling historic.

I'm thinking a large part of their motivation was the ideal that they could correct this massive wrong, and save the nation from this deadly peril. Patriotism, plain and simple. Hope.

Much love!
And patriotism stems from what? Pride? Isn't that a sin?

I think pride in someone else can be a positive thing. Pride in another, expecally for sacrificial love is something I recognize as good. It is when someone takes pride in themselves that there is trouble.

Reactions: Jim B

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Are you some kind of clairvoyant? You can look into peoples' minds and know whay they voted for their preferred candidate?

Patriotism equated to believing the election was stolen? That is truly bizarre!

Finally, the subject of the OP is "spiritual etymology", so why are you discussing Trump and sedition? Are you going to remove your own off-topic posts?
That is the problem with judging the fruit by the tree, when we can not see the tree. But sometimes motivation is clear, and established in the investigation of a crime. So I take it you are against hate crimes because we can't know motivation with certainty?

The belief in a stolen election, in conjunction with their patriotism lead to protests. The evidence of stolen elections was building in the months prior, with evidence of malfeasance being presented to state legislatures in the swing states.

If you have patriotism without a stolen election, you would get a reluctant concession to the loss, because patriots believe in elections as part of their idealized image for their government.

And if you had stolen elections without patriotism you would get a whole lot of complacency.

Reactions: Pisteuo and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And patriotism stems from what? Pride? Isn't that a sin?

I think pride in someone else can be a positive thing. Pride in another, expecally for sacrificial love is something I recognize as good. It is when someone takes pride in themselves that there is trouble.
I think of patriotism in the USA, in the classical sense, as standing against evil for the good of this people.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are on the right track when you state that Trump won popularity because of who he is and not his policies, or his followers all shifted from being pro America to being pro Trump.
I support President Trump not because of who he is or what he's like, but exactly because of his policies. When he first ran, I was surprised, but then I read his list of 100 things he would do, and agreed with most everything, and strongly agreed. And he accomplished a great many of them. That's why we were doing so well.
Are you some kind of clairvoyant? You can look into peoples' minds and know why they voted for their preferred candidate?
That question goes to you also.

I don't like the man's vulgarity, and I don't think he knows when to stop goading someone, but as a president, again, it's his policies that are why I support him, and his dedication to keeping his promises.

Much love!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the problem with judging the fruit by the tree, when we can not see the tree. But sometimes motivation is clear, and established in the investigation of a crime. So I take it you are against hate crimes because we can't know motivation with certainty?

The belief in a stolen election, in conjunction with their patriotism lead to protests. The evidence of stolen elections was building in the months prior, with evidence of malfeasance being presented to state legislatures in the swing states.

If you have patriotism without a stolen election, you would get a reluctant concession to the loss, because patriots believe in elections as part of their idealized image for their government.

And if you had stolen elections without patriotism you would get a whole lot of complacency.
Blah, blah, blah. Nobody has proven that the elections were stolen. Many lawsuits were brought. Most were thrown out as irrelevant. Those that were heard were all rejected.

Protests come about when people refuse to abide by the courts' decisions and "take the law into their own hands". And they are not expressions of patriotism, they are expressions of anarchy.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 2:2-3 KJV
2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

A common spirit works in those who don't know Christ. Marxist doctrine leads men to take power over others and gives them the tools to inflict whatever they want. Unsaved men are manipulated by the power of the air, and we can only guess who it's prince is!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another good example is movies. If I watch a movie with violent or sexual content I feel spiritually ill. So I stick to childrens movies for the most part. I watch a lot of movies since I'm disabled and have learned what doesn't make me feel ill.
I'm also sensitive to the content in movies, so I try to be very careful.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Blah, blah, blah. Nobody has proven that the elections were stolen. Many lawsuits were brought. Most were thrown out as irrelevant. Those that were heard were all rejected.

Protests come about when people refuse to abide by the courts' decisions and "take the law into their own hands". And they are not expressions of patriotism, they are expressions of anarchy.
People judged for themselves, in the absence of a proper hearing of the evidence. The reason the cases were thrown out were standing, and precedent that judges do not like to become involved in election disputes.

One of the cases made it to the supreme court, but Justice Roberts decided correctly, if not unjustly, that further investigation may result in overturning the election. This may have resulted in Trump being elected, which would result in the burning of cities. I speculate it may also have lead to a civil war and then a world war once China got involved.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People judged for themselves, in the absence of a proper hearing of the evidence. The reason the cases were thrown out were standing, and precedent that judges do not like to become involved in election disputes.

One of the cases made it to the supreme court, but Justice Roberts decided correctly, if not unjustly, that further investigation may result in overturning the election. This may have resulted in Trump being elected, which would result in the burning of cities. I speculate it may also have lead to a civil war and then a world war once China got involved.
Your supposition that the cases were thrown out because judges do not like to become involved in election disputes is false. They were thrown out because they had no legal standing. Those that were heard were rejected.

Your reason for "Justice Roberts deciding the case" is also false. The court decided that the case had no merit. To claim that one man made the decision, basing it on "further investigation may result in overturning the election" is fantasy.

What is worse, even delusional, is saying that "This may have resulted in Trump being elected, which would result in the burning of cities. I speculate it may also have lead to a civil war and then a world war once China got involved."

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Your supposition that the cases were thrown out because judges do not like to become involved in election disputes is false. They were thrown out because they had no legal standing. Those that were heard were rejected.

Your reason for "Justice Roberts deciding the case" is also false. The court decided that the case had no merit. To claim that one man made the decision, basing it on "further investigation may result in overturning the election" is fantasy.

What is worse, even delusional, is saying that "This may have resulted in Trump being elected, which would result in the burning of cities. I speculate it may also have lead to a civil war and then a world war once China got involved."

I followed the cases closely, and the reports surrounding them. I am confident in my understanding of them.

You are in error, if Trump were re-elected it would have resulted in wide spread domestic terrorism by demon possessed leftists. When poled a majority of them would rather be wiped out by a meteor than have Trump for another term.

Reactions: dev553344 and marks