Split within the Southern Baptist Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly . you go right back to what men taught you .
What was taught to me was straight from the Holy Spirit , filled with the wisdom and heart of Christ. It is men that are full of hate and unfairness.

The Holy Spirit talks to you from the spirit of hatred and mistreatment and negativity. .....You might want to check that source.....does it have horns?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You can see it all over . Even peter makes mention of it .
But i do need to let you in on something . THE SBC and scores of others have been in trouble for a while my friend .

A woman can't be the Husband of one wife, although in this twisted world of "crazy rights" and insane political correctness, im sure there are so called christians who would argue that "well if 2 women are married, then one is the husband".
So, sure, all the flakes are not in the cereal box and all the clowns are not in the circus.

And, i have to tell you Amigo de christo, i have no idea what the SBC or the CC, or any denomination is currently considering, as i never follow any of that stuff.
Occasionally i'll see some headline that says....>"they are going to allow homosexuals in the Pulpit" or something similar, and i'll take note of that denomination.
But i really dont notice what denominations are doing.
No need.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was taught to me was straight from the Holy Spirit , filled with the wisdom and heart of Christ. It is men that are full of hate and unfairness.

The Holy Spirit talks to you from the spirit of hatred and mistreatment and negativity. .....You might want to check that source.....does it have horns?
Actually if you think my words seem hateful or harsh . Try reading some of the letters the apostels wrote to the churches .
And i noticed you didnt click on my second post addressing this issue .
IF what was tuaght to you came from the HOLY SPIRIT
then why does it contradict what PAUL who ALSO HAD THE HOLY SPIRIT WROTE .
Cause the last time i checked , THE HOLY SPIRIT DONT CONTRADICT THE HOLY SPIRIT
and thus it wont contradict THE HOLY SPIRIT INSPIRED WORDS of CHRIST or the letters of the HOLY SPIRIT filled
apostels . Remember when john was writing to the church
and he warned them , TEST THE SPIRITS , for many decievers do abound . MY ADVICE IS , YOU NEED TO BE DOING THAT .
Cause as pual also wrote
if one brings another jesus , or another gospel or another spirit , YE JUST GO WITH THE FLOW , AKA YOU HEED THEM .
Grailhunter , IF i did not care for you , I would not have tried to help you .
But as i said , Lambs wont heed men who twist any doctrine . not one WORD of CHRIST will they omit .
NOT a word in the bible will they omit . Lambs SEE every , EVERY SINGEL WORD OF GOD as GOOD FOR THE SOUL .
Now i shall pray for you .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

So, the HS told you that all men are full of hatred and are unfair?
That's interesting.

And, He told you that all women are pure, and only love the good , the true, and the holy,???? or was He silent regarding the nature of a "woman".
If so, you should ask Him to update you.

Here is what i can tell you.
People are evil, hearts are corrupt, and unless Jesus is in control of them, that Christian is going to be in some cases, worse then they were before they were saved, but in a different way.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A woman can't be the Husband of one wife, although in this twisted world of "crazy rights" and insane political correctness, im sure there are so called christians who would argue that "well if 2 women are married, then one is the husband".
So, sure, all the flakes are not in the cereal box and all the clowns are not in the circus.

And, i have to tell you Amigo de christo, i have no idea what the SBC or the CC, or any denomination is currently considering, as i never follow any of that stuff.
Occasionally i'll see some headline that says....>"they are going to allow homosexuals in the Pulpit" or something similar, and i'll take note of that denomination.
But i really dont notice what denominations are doing.
No need.
exactly . a woman cannot be the husand of one wife . EXACTLY MY POINT as well my friend .
THOUGH as you said , TO THIS OL CRAZY WORLD it seemth ANYTHING BE POSSIBLE .
For if a boy hollers and says I am a non binary cat from the planet of gatouranus
THIS GENERATION agrees with it and even buys the boy a cat box . YOU THINK i am kidding .
WISH I WAS . No joke . wish it was joke . BUT this generation is in dire deep reprobation of minds .
ITS TIME TO PREACH JESUS CHRIST and all biblical doctrine , NOW and unto our last day on earth .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

Mary Magdalene was the first to preach that Jesus was risen from the Grave, unless you count the Angels.
She preached this to the Apostles that very resurrection morning.

So, the SBC is not forbidding women from using the Pulpit, or from preaching.
They are just following the NT that restricts the office of a PASTOR of a Local Church, as : "male" only.

"Husband of one wife"., is one of the qualifications.
And they're wrong.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And they're wrong.

Paul isn't wrong.

He gave you the Doctrine for the Church.
Its Paul's epistles that show you how to choose deacons, bishops, pastors, ect.

So, He gave us the rule book on how to choose these offices, and regarding the office of a PASTOR, .. one of the qualifications is :

HUSBAND....... of one wife.

Thats a male only.

So, we can look the other way and hire a woman to be a pastor, but, that is denying the NT and God's order.

See, God is a God of order.. He has installed divine order, in the universe, and in the Church.
Many don't like it, = "gays" for example.... and people who support their sexual lifestyle..... but that's not going to Change God's viewpoint, so, its best that we align our POV with God's., and stay in that safe zone.

Of course the world isn't going to agree, but we are not of the world....so, we can just not pay any attention to how they think or feel about it.
Just put them on "ignore"...
See, in a billion years, we'll still be with God, and where will all these lovers of the world's point of view, be?
They wont be with God......so, as that is their case, we just need to ignore their OPINIONS... and get back to the bible.
That's the safe zone.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul isn't wrong.

So, He gave us the rule book on how to choose these offices, and regarding the office of a PASTOR, .. one of the qualifications is :

Thats a male only.
Ps , BEHOLD speaks of only two genders . male means one who was born male and stays male .
Just in case we got a few who support the ever growing list of pronouns and the dark alaphabet .
You might wonder why i had to write such a thing . WELL , you would be suprised
that we have folks ON This christain site , who even claim to be christain
and defend the ever growing list of pronouns . SO yeah its necessary to have to do this .
If you dont believe me , go read what a man called tin says .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i aint even that old . And no way could anyone have ever told me
that one day we would have a list so long folks cannot count of genders
and an alpahbet that grows ever longer . and worse churches that support it .
I aint even that old . This world has waxed heavy in total reprobation .
TIME TO PREACH JESUS AND ALL HOLY AND SOUND BIBLCAL DOCTRINE .

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul isn't wrong.

Thats a male only.
I don't follow Paul.

Paul had female apostles and what we call preachers today in his churches.

Paul said we are all one in Christ. There is no male, female, Greek, Jew.

Paul never once said God would never call a woman to preach. He couldn't and not be a hypocrite in his own churches where women ministered.

Oneness in Christ is forfeited when someone claims women cannot be allowed to do something because they are female. Meaning, less than males.

God did not make that rule.

Sinful insecure sexist bigoted men did.
They credited it to God thinking that gives their sins cover. And more authority at enforcement.

It doesn't.
Rather, it compounds their sins because now they're calling the creator of male and female in his image and likeness a bigot. Just like they are.

He's not.
And he is watching. And those ones shall answer for every word.

This rant won't change the mind of sexist bigots blaspheming God so to create him in their image and likeness. It isn't meant to.

They'll insist they're right. They'll continue to twist scripture, God's words, to further their sin.

In the end, God will have the last word.

I would say they have my deepest sympathy, those unrepentant bigoted proud sinners. However, that would be wrong. And false.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
F what was tuaght to you came from the HOLY SPIRIT
then why does it contradict what PAUL who ALSO HAD THE HOLY SPIRIT WROTE .
The Holy Spirit told him right....go along with the evils of the culture. It was not the time to address these evils.

So what did you expect him to say?

Ok Christians will not have slaves, you have to free your slaves to be a Christian.
Christian daughters will pick their own husbands.
No more polygamous marriages....all you guys have to divorce all your wives but one.
No more selling your daughters into concubinage and those with concubines have to be set them free.

The Bible already said that in Christ there is no male or female….but that was not enough. Everyone would have turned against them if they said women were equals in a male dominate society and religion.

You probably do not understand what kind of problems that would have caused or the hatred toward Christianity.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, He told you that all women are pure, and only love the good , the true, and the holy,???? or was He silent regarding the nature of a "woman".
If so, you should ask Him to update you.
Did not say that.
And men and women can be either way.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many people filled with the Holy Spirit? Paul was talking in accordance with his time period.
Yeah , if that is all you got , YOU AINT convincing me . ITS IN THE BIBLE , I BELIEVE IT .
What i dont believe is any excuse or reason of men to try and sway us from the truth .
You can write an essay or a novel and it aint gonna change my mind .
IF ITS IN THE BIBLE , IT STAYS GLUED ON MY HEART . I tried totell ya
what i was . A LAMB that refuses to bend the knee or give the heart to the agends of men gone wrong .
For lambs bend the knee to CHRIST and HE is upon our heart , HIS words are our meat
and they are our song we do sing . The lambs will not follow men of the age and ofthe world .
Men who have come to twist and omit things in the HOLY SPIRIT INSPIRED scrips to suit an agenda .
FOR A LAMB has THE LOVE FOR TRUTH UPON ITS HEART BY THE HOLY GHOST .
THEY WILL NOT COMPROMISE . FOR THE LORD GOD ALL MIGHTY IS WITH the lambs
AND UNTO HE is our hope and our salvation . HIS WORDS are our meat . THE BIBLE IS OUR BOOK
and we aint SELLING OUT one word of it . This world is gonna do to us as it does
BUT NO matter the cost , WE WIN FOR JESUS HAS ALREADY WON .
OH how i truly wish this good for so many , only many refuse it . Many had rather sit under men of the age
men of philosphies that twist the very WORDS of TRUTH which would have built them up . AND they twist it
unto their own destruction . BUT NOT THE LAMBS . JESUS HAS THE LAMBS . HE Is our strength
HE is our guide , HIS LOVE , the great agape love of GOD is upon the hearts of the lambs .
AND HOW THEY NEED HIM DAILY . we are weak BUT HE IS STRONG . HIS WORD is a lamp unto our feet
HIS SPIRIT IS OUR GUIDE and come hell or high water THE LORD IS WITH THE LAMBS THROUGH IT ALLL .
PRAISE BE TO THE GLORIOUS LORD . I HAVE MADE MY CHOICE . AND THE BIBLE IS MY BOOK . THE COST WILL BE THE COST .
Let society do to me as it will and may the LORD forgive any who does persecute me .
BUT BY THE GRACE OF THE HOLY GOD , I WONT BE SELLING OUT ONE WORD IN THAT BIBLE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now let all that draws breath both praise and thank the glorious LORD . LIft those hands
up and dance a jig of praise round the house unto the LORD .
To those who might be disabled or etc , well just throw those hands up and praise the LORD .

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah , if that is all you got , YOU AINT convincing me . ITS IN THE BIBLE , I BELIEVE IT .
What i dont believe is any excuse or reason of men to try and sway us from the truth .
You can write an essay or a novel and it aint gonna change my mind .
IF ITS IN THE BIBLE , IT STAYS GLUED ON MY HEART . I tried totell ya
what i was . A LAMB that refuses to bend the knee or give the heart to the agends of men gone wrong .
For lambs bend the knee to CHRIST and HE is upon our heart , HIS words are our meat
and they are our song we do sing . The lambs will not follow men of the age and ofthe world .
Men who have come to twist and omit things in the HOLY SPIRIT INSPIRED scrips to suit an agenda .
FOR A LAMB has THE LOVE FOR TRUTH UPON ITS HEART BY THE HOLY GHOST .
THEY WILL NOT COMPROMISE . FOR THE LORD GOD ALL MIGHTY IS WITH the lambs
AND UNTO HE is our hope and our salvation . HIS WORDS are our meat . THE BIBLE IS OUR BOOK
and we aint SELLING OUT one word of it . This world is gonna do to us as it does
BUT NO matter the cost , WE WIN FOR JESUS HAS ALREADY WON .
OH how i truly wish this good for so many , only many refuse it . Many had rather sit under men of the age
men of philosphies that twist the very WORDS of TRUTH which would have built them up . AND they twist it
unto their own destruction . BUT NOT THE LAMBS . JESUS HAS THE LAMBS . HE Is our strength
HE is our guide , HIS LOVE , the great agape love of GOD is upon the hearts of the lambs .
AND HOW THEY NEED HIM DAILY . we are weak BUT HE IS STRONG . HIS WORD is a lamp unto our feet
HIS SPIRIT IS OUR GUIDE and come hell or high water THE LORD IS WITH THE LAMBS THROUGH IT ALLL .
PRAISE BE TO THE GLORIOUS LORD . I HAVE MADE MY CHOICE . AND THE BIBLE IS MY BOOK . THE COST WILL BE THE COST .
Let society do to me as it will and may the LORD forgive any who does persecute me .
BUT BY THE GRACE OF THE HOLY GOD , I WONT BE SELLING OUT ONE WORD IN THAT BIBLE .
LOL I got news for you....I am not expecting to convinve you.

My ministry is not about convincing people....just planting the seeds of truth. That is why I call it the Johnny Appleseed of truth.

My ministry is in the service of Christ....not the whimsical misinformed minds of people.

But now you cannot say you have not been told the truth....from here it is between you and Christ.

Nhisname

Dec 6, 2022
Joplin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Southern Baptists lost one of their biggest congregations last week amid tensions in the largest U.S. Protestant denomination over women at the pulpit.

Yes and as a theologian and historian I know that that was a male dominate society across the board....society and religions of God and Pagans. Many cultures treated women as property and second rate citizens.....that included the Jews and Christians. Polygamy and concubinage....where fathers sold their daughters into marriage and sold their daughters into concubinage as sex slaves. Jews and Christians had slaves.....Christ and the Apostles never spoke against slavery, polygamy, or concubinage and Christianity and the Jews practiced that for several centuries after the biblical era. That does not make it right or fair. Love God and love one another.....how does all that show love for one another?

Old habits die hard, but the Holy Spirit taught us that these things were wrong. No where in the Old or New Testament is there a requirement for a wedding ceremony to be married. It was the Holy Spirit that taught us that....the Protestants were the first to require a wedding ceremony to be married in the 1500's and the Catholic Church followed suite shortly after that.

Christianity has learned a lot from that time period and some of it was about what not to do. Condoned in the Old and New Testament but not tolerated in Christianity now. Christianity is a living, learning, dynamic religion and the understanding of right and wrong has never been more important than it is now, in a world full of evil that has issues and topics that could not be addressed in the that time period or by the scriptures. And degrading women into subjugation is wrong....I try to have patience with people but this is so basic, dirt level stupid, and heartless and Christianity still has a lot to learn about right from wrong....from fair and mistreatment.

Women should have all rights and privileges in Christianity.
God is a God of order. Man was created first, woman was created for man. Man was made to take the lead for his family. Man and woman is cursed today because Adam let himself be inticed by Eve.
1 Cor.14:33-35
For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.

As in all the churches of the saints, 34 the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. 35 If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.
Jesus is the head of every man and the man is the head of the woman.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is a God of order. Man was created first, woman was created for man. Man was made to take the lead for his family. Man and woman is cursed today because Adam let himself be inticed by Eve.
1 Cor.14:33-35
For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.

As in all the churches of the saints, 34 the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. 35 If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.
Jesus is the head of every man and the man is the head of the woman.

As I explained, there are a lot of things that Christianity has learned since the biblical era. I don’t know why it took people so long to learn these very basic truths of morality much less Christians. Are they stupid? I would rather look at it with some humor.

Social issues
1. Slavery is wrong.
2. Polygamy is wrong.
3. Concubinage is wrong.
4. Domination and degradation of women is wrong.
5. Pacifism only works if you are living with people that will fight the wolves. If not eventually you will be wolf poop.

Miscellaneous
The world is not flat.
You will not fall off the end of the world.
The world does not have corners.
The sun does not rise…we rotate.
Disease and illnesses are not usually caused by demons.
Wedding ceremonies are a good thing.

I understand fundamentalism….Bible only….practicing an ancient religion an ancient way…..from an ancient perspective….the good ole’ days. And some Christian religions do that…. look at the Amish. Living the Bible with no changes….fundamentalism….Christianity is a static religion engraved in stone.

In the strictest sense, no one practices fundamentalism…and if they are….they are probably living in caves and still taking wives by hitting them over the head with a club.

No what usually happens is that they find something they like and claim that fundamental item. Now for the most part society is not going to permit them to own slaves or sell their daughters as a sex slaves or have multiple wives.

If they have a heart attack they will likely not read their Bible until it is over. They will go to a building of science called a hospital and they are not looking for the doctor to pull out a Bible.

And most would not give up our modern conveniences and they may read the Bible but they probably are not going to take the Good Deeds thing seriously or the go to church thing seriously or cough up any money for the church…. ….but dominate women!….now for some men that catches their fancy! They key on that point ….for some men it is exciting…. It is exhilarating …. Makes them feel like a real man!!! They will pull out their Bible and show’em…You see here God says you have to obey me! I am above you as God is above me. Well I use the term men here with tongue in cheek because they are a sad excuse for men….little men in deed.

It is time for Christianity to start treating women as equals in the Lord with all the rights and privileges.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i aint even that old . And no way could anyone have ever told me
that one day we would have a list so long folks cannot count of genders
and an alpahbet that grows ever longer . and worse churches that support it .
I aint even that old . This world has waxed heavy in total reprobation .
TIME TO PREACH JESUS AND ALL HOLY AND SOUND BIBLCAL DOCTRINE .
A true Christian will never follow the secular world down the trail of destruction.
A guiding point.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Nhisname

Dec 6, 2022
Joplin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.
Women were the first at the tomb, the  first to announce the news that Jesus was no longer entombed.
Women have been the single most strength in many families over many generations bc men thought religion in homes was "fluff" to their " man-hood", and the
" little woman's" job to teach the children among whom were both male and female !
All of mankind was cursed because of Eve in the Garden of eden.