Split within the Southern Baptist Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A true man of God knows right from wrong, in line with the Spirit of Christ and the Holy Ghost.
A true man of God is not quite so negative.
you mean like paul who said I SUFFER NOT .............
I am just repeating the letters my friend . Oh but that is negative , i see now .
Its negative if it gets in the way of a desired goal . Okay that makes sense . It is still false but it does make sense .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reads quite simple to me .
I commend unto you phoebe OUR SISTER ............................
Didnt say OUR DEACON . says our sister . PS
i never once said women cannot be used . I said they cannot , wait paul said they cannot teach nor usrup authority over the man .
And i already know the programmed response from you all . I have heard it way more than once .
But there it is . I commend unto you , phoebe our Sister . Reads quite plain to me . SEE , it aint that hard to read the KJV .
But it is for those whose desire was to change things .

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grailhunter , i do love you , but i refuse to conform one millimeter in the wrong direction of a sold out world .
ITS TRUTH FOR ME and if that costs me all , THEN I DIE HAPPY no matter what .
Doing right is not a matter of selling out.

Christ sent the Holy Spirit to us to address the things that the Bible did not. Old habits die hard! But eventually we were taught that slavery, polygamy, concubinage was wrong. How long will it take Christians to learn that women are equal partners in Christ and deserve all the rights and privileges.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A true man of God knows right from wrong, in line with the Spirit of Christ and the Holy Ghost.
A true man of God is not quite so negative.
So was JESUS negative . cause i didnt see one female apostle . DID YOU .
And i know what the programmed response is already .
Just making a point . IF women were to lead the church , HOW COME not even ONE apostel
was female . I mean ................
and JESUS DIDNT pander to society so dont try and use the ol line they often try and use .
Now repeat after me , THIS DONT MEAN MEN ARE BETTER THAN women
or more loved or etc . JUST MEANS IT IS what it is .
Now be encouraged , dont see everything as so negative . TRUTH IS GOOD . The scrips are good .
Everything in them is good and for our good .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Christ sent the Holy Spirit to us to address the things that the Bible did not. Old habits die hard! But eventually we were taught that slavery, polygamy, concubinage was wrong. How long will it take Christians to learn that women are equal partners in Christ and deserve all the rights and privileges.
Christ did send the HOLY SPIRIT , but the SPIRIT wont contradict the HOLY SPIRIT that was in paul .
SEE the point yet . IF our spirit is moving us away from the original pattern , I GOT BAD , real bad news
ITS NOT COMING FROM GOD .
Rather its this , THE TIME WILL COME when they no longer will endure sound doctrine .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Right according to the world , but the HOLY SPIRIT filled paul wrote what he did .
The letters . WELL i thought the CANON was INSPIRED BY GOD . And yet
todays version of what some folks call the HOLY SPIRIT , IS CONTRADICTING THE WORDS OF HOLY SPIRIT FILLED MEN
who first wrote to the churches .
REpeat after me . if a spirit is leading us away from the orignal doctrine left to us in the bible
ITS NOT COMING FROM GOD .
Remember , i do love ya . JUST trying to truly help you .

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Morning....
Let me guess.....you guys speak the same language?
Because she is making no sense to me. Just a general negative unchristian attitude.
Nothing specific, just negative incoherant ranting. Like walking into a shopping mall and yelling ABOMINATION! And expecting anybody to care or understand.....They are just going to think she is mental.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you mean like paul who said I SUFFER NOT .............
I am just repeating the letters my friend . Oh but that is negative , i see now .
Its negative if it gets in the way of a desired goal . Okay that makes sense . It is still false but it does make sense .
We have went over this before......Women as second rate citizen and property was part of the culture.

Buying your wife from her father, whether she liked it or not was part of the culture.
Selling your daughter so a man could forcibly have sex with her, was part of the culture.
Slavery was part of the culture....At the time this was the Christian culture.

Christ and the Apostles did not speak against any of this. Did that make them horrible people? Should we practice such things? They were dealing with an ancient culture that was set in stone....As Paul said when he talked to people, he talked to them from their perspective. Christ's ministry was about saving souls for eternity.....the social issues were things that we would be taught by the Holy Spirit from the wisdom and heart of Christ.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have went over this before......Women as second rate citizen and property was part of the culture.

Buying your wife from her father, whether she liked it or not was part of the culture.
Selling your daughter so a man could forcibly have sex with her, was part of the culture.

Christ and the Apostles did not speak against any of this. Did that make them horrible people? Should we practice such things? They were dealing with an ancient culture that was set in stone....As Paul said when he talked to people, he talked to them from their perspective. Christ's ministry was about saving souls for eternity.....the social issues were things that we would be taught by the Holy Spirit from the wisdom and heart of Christ.
Exactly . you go right back to what men taught you .
Look i told you what i had to say . its on you if you want to continue to conform to society .

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She said she deleted it. Part of it is here.
The term has absolutely nothing to do with God nor his power, characteristics and attributes.
Rather the term is a shield that evil does hide behind.

AND

It has been said in this age, not to discount the crusades either or events of times past, but rather of family annihilators, child predators, even serial killers, ect. " They were christian, faithful in service to their church and family ect."
Maybe clarify who the she is that you're referring to there for Amigos clarity.

Amigo, it isn't me.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Those issues were not discussed . HOWEVER the ISSUE of women not leading churches WAS DISCUSSED .
So again good try .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you catching what is going on .
Folks are trying to use examples of things not discussed in the bible
to omit one that was TAUGHT . I caught it real quickly .
THE LAMBS GONNA STAY GLUED TO THE BIBLE DEAR SISTER . I Refuse to conform one millimeter
towards this sold out ever changing GOD hating society . TRUTH is i pray only the LORD works anything
contrary to HIM , OUT OF ME ONLY MORE SO .
MAY GOD BE GLORIFIED IN ALL WE DO SAY AND THINK . MAY HE FILL OUR HEARTS with THE THINGS THAT PLEASE HIM .
Now raise those hands , ITS LORD PRAISING TIME IN THE BUILDING

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Well, they should be able to because they did according to scripture.

Yes.

Mary Magdalene was the first to preach that Jesus was risen from the Grave, unless you count the Angels.
She preached this to the Apostles that very resurrection morning.

So, the SBC is not forbidding women from using the Pulpit, or from preaching.
They are just following the NT that restricts the office of a PASTOR of a Local Church, as : "male" only.

"Husband of one wife"., is one of the qualifications.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

Mary Magdalene was the first to preach that Jesus was risen from the Grave.
She preached this to the Apostles that very resurrection morning.

So, the SBC is not forbidding women from using the Pulpit, or from preaching.
They are just following the NT that restricts the office of a PASTOR, as : "male" only.

"husband of one wife"., is one of the qualifications.
And do you know why it said OF ONE WIFE .
IT was not because the leader HAD to be married
its due to the fact men still had mutilple wives . And more than one wife is not the example Christ set .
Sometimes folks get it into their heads that pual wrote that to mean THEY HAD TO BE MARRIED to be a leader .
Rather odd though . cause he was also telling the church it would be better IF one remained single .
However not a requirement . BUT OH YES any , pastor etc , was to be MALE .

bishop or deacon , ONE WIFE . the husband of one wife .
You can see it all over . Even peter makes mention of it .
But i do need to let you in on something . THE SBC and scores of others have been in trouble for a while my friend .
And it aint just about this event . THEY were tanked and tanking long before this .
Have you seen what they been doing within that place . ITS NOT LOOKING GOOD .
Evangelicals and scores of others have been making their bed IN THE WRONG BED MY FRIEND . THE BED OF THE WORLD
and its ever compromising and ever changing ways .