• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You obviously have very low reading comprehension.
I'm not aware of any non-Catholic church that thinks Communion is not holy. I'm confident I told you this! What it is not is the real blood and body of Christ. That's so absurd I can't believe there are people who believe such a ludicrous lie. All you have to do is stare down in your cup next Sunday and see for yourself that Jesus was OBVIOUSLY talking figuratively, and, that your so-called 'faith' doesn't make it his actual body and blood. At least in faith services congregants actually receive what they have believed for. You Catholics got nothing when you 'believe' that the wine and bread become the blood and body of Christ. It's pure imagination.
Being derogatory has no effect on me kiddo. It only shows your character.

Any denomination that teaches that communion is a symbol does not believe it is holy. A symbol of something is not holy. Only the real thing is holy. If they believe that communion is the real thing (His body) then they believe it is just like Him; Holy. A symbol (statue, picture) of Jesus is not Holy. Only the real thing is Holy.

If it is a ludicrous lie then Jesus lied to the Apostles at the Last Supper.

Keeping it real and LOGICAL....Mary

Reactions: EloyCraft

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...by the Holy Spirit.
I aware that you Catholics do not believe John when he said we have the capacity to do that. Instead, you have believed the lie of your men that say you do not have that capacity and that only they can discern truth for you.
Yup...the Holy Spirit is guiding you Ferris. You believe the lie you have told yourself.

Keeping it real....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They got it wrong!
I explained to you that the fact that they didn't stay in line with scripture makes their proximity to the Apostles MEANINGLESS. I don't need to read any more than what I already know they've said. If what I do know is wrong there's no reason to pursue what they said any further. My Bible is sufficient. It isn't for you, but it is for me.
Of course they got it wrong Ferris. Only YOU are right! After all, you didn't learn what you believe from anyone else; did you? YOU read the bible and YOU were guided by the Holy Spirit into that truth sooooo anyone that disagrees with YOU is disagreeing with the Holy Spirit!!! o_O

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After all, you didn't learn what you believe from anyone else; did you?
I learn from reading my Bible, and listening to other people who read their Bible. And through it all the Holy Spirit guides my understanding into what of all I've heard is truth and what is not.

You need to start paying attention!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU were guided by the Holy Spirit into that truth sooooo anyone that disagrees with YOU is disagreeing with the Holy Spirit!!! o_O
Time will tell.

You need to stop with your stupid accusations and start listening to what you're being told about what it means to be a non-Catholic. Put your biases aside AND START LISTENING.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I learn from reading my Bible, and listening to other people who read their Bible. And through it all the Holy Spirit guides my understanding into what of all I've heard is truth and what is not.

You need to start paying attention!
Oh, I am paying attention Ferris. You listen to "other people who read their Bible" but you DON'T listen to other people who lived when the Bible was being written OR the men who had the opportunity to question those men.

What this comes down to is you listen to you!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to start listening.
My 'men' are the authors of the Bible, not Luther, not Calvin, and surely not any of the early so-called church fathers. I read my Bible. And I talk to others who read their Bibles. That's all I need. YOU are the one who is convinced the words of God in scripture are not enough.
STAY GLUED IN THAT BIBLE . All else gets tested against that bible . TOO bad most folks dont do that . But then its why most
folks get decieved .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time will tell.

You need to stop with your stupid accusations and start listening to what you're being told about what it means to be a non-Catholic. Put your biases aside AND START LISTENING.
Yup, I need to start listening to YOU and not the men who lived in biblical times and had the opportunity to question the Apostles about what they meant when they wrote the Bible...You crack me up.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I am paying attention Ferris. You listen to "other people who read their Bible" but you DON'T listen to other people who lived when the Bible was being written OR the men who had the opportunity to question those men.

What this comes down to is you listen to you!
Why are you being such a stubborn, unfair mule?????

Their voices live today just as if they were alive and speaking real time. Because their words have been recorded, they are part of all the noise in Christianity just like everybody else's voice today. Their voice, like everybody else's, is to be discerned as truth or not. They are definitely not to be consulted for truth, no more than somebody alive today who is discerned to not be speaking truth.

You don't even know the scriptures to know what I'm saying is right out of the Bible. You've been blinded and controlled by Catholic teaching.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...by the Holy Spirit.
I aware that you Catholics do not believe John when he said we have the capacity to do that. Instead, you have believed the lie of your men that say you do not have that capacity and that only they can discern truth for you.
Its the same old line with anyone who desires power and control over the people . I SEE this as much at work in the protestant realm
as in the CC itself . Many cults do this as well . YE simple peasants cannot grasp the truth , HERE LETUS TELL YA what it means .
I refuse every last one of them and their doctrine . STAY IN THAT BIBLE no matter how hated you are for doing so . WE MUST .
Faithful to the end my friend . TO THE TRUE JESUS and not the invention of another jesus which so many now follow through
traditions and doctrines of failed men . WE STAYING DUG IN THAT BIBLE .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you being such a stubborn, unfair mule?????

Their voices live today just as if they were alive and speaking real time. Because their words have been recorded, they are part of all the noise in Christianity just like everybody else's voice today. Their voice, like everybody else's, is to be discerned as truth or not. They are definitely not to be consulted for truth, no more than somebody alive today who is discerned to not be speaking truth.

You don't even know the scriptures to know what I'm saying is right out of the Bible. You've been blinded and controlled by Catholic teaching.
A stubborn person refuses to accept what He said: This IS my body.

Don't let the blindness of the men who have tickled your ears control you. Run away...run very fast.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its the same old line with anyone who desires power and control over the people . I SEE this as much at work in the protestant realm
as in the CC itself . Many cults do this as well . YE simple peasants cannot grasp the truth , HERE LETUS TELL YA what it means .
I refuse every last one of them and their doctrine . STAY IN THAT BIBLE no matter how hated you are for doing so . WE MUST .
Faithful to the end my friend . TO THE TRUE JESUS and not the invention of another jesus which so many now follow through
traditions and doctrines of failed men . WE STAYING DUG IN THAT BIBLE .
Staying dug in YOUR interpretation of the Bible. :tonguewink:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's call a duck a duck kiddo: YOUR interpretation of Scriptures are right....according to YOU!
My interpretations that are right are the one's that are right!
We stand alone before God as to what we correctly or incorrectly discern as truth.
If a person has a pure heart they WILL know the truth.
Catholics don't believe that. You don't believe that you can know the truth FOR YOURSELF.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Staying dug in YOUR interpretation of the Bible. :tonguewink:
The intepreation of the CC is false . As are the mormons , as are many others . YEAH I am staying dug in the BIBLE
and for GOOD reason too . TOO many are false my friend . Its out of great love for your soul and many others
i do warn . It aint for me i do this . I Get called more names than i can count . NO its for the love of the peoples
that i do warn the peoples . NOW COME OUT from amongst her . I will pray for you my friend . I Wish no ill will to anyone .
But the CC is DANGEROUS and i dont say that lightly either .

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't let the blindness of the men who have tickled your ears control you. Run away...run very fast.
I'm Blind????

Lol, that's funny.
You're the one who somehow thinks your cup is filled with the actual blood of Christ. And I'm the blind one????

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
READ THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELF!
Don't worry, I won't report you to your Catholic overlords.
Ok Ferris.....So you believe that I don't read the bible for myself!! You are wrong, but I can't prove you wrong...you will just have to take my word for it.

So riddle me this kiddo: Many non-Catholic men have read the Bible for themselves and they have come to the same conclusion that The Catholic Church has come to in many different teachings. Are those men being influenced by "Catholic overlords" also?

And riddle me this kiddo: Your bible and my bible tell us to Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you. Let the elders who rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in the word and doctrine. Who are the overlords that rule over you and are worthy of YOUR double honor Ferris? After all, if you are obeying your bible, you should be able to name names!! I can. Can you?

Curious Mary