Squirrel pet

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love seeing squirrels in my garden and in the trees across the road. Pretty little creatures.
I go out on my walks and love to watch them as they bounce around walking. It's adorable to me. They are the cutest animals I can currently think of. When they bounce across the road I'm always "hurry little squirrel".

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I go out on my walks and love to watch them as they bounce around walking. It's adorable to me. They are the cutest animals I can currently think of. When they bounce across the road I'm always "hurry little squirrel".
I sometimes put nuts out for them and last year as I opened the front door to do just that one little fella tried to get into the house. And they often do acrobatics on my bird feeders. So cute.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are all over the park and in the pecan trees and oak trees . I see lots of them fuzzy things running around
when i go to the park to read the bible .

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would love to have a pet squirrel. They are so awesome!
Awww. Cute story...

When I was like...18...I was living with my folks in NY (upstate). Squirrels all over the place! I once 'tempted' a squirrel to come to me by holding out some peanut butter spread on a cracker...and making that "tsk, tsk, tsk" sound. The squirrel came to me...and ate. It got to the point where I was doing this on our porch. And then...there was more than one.

It got to the point where squirrels were climbing up the screen door to the porch tryin' to get to those 'nutter - crackers'. My grandfather suddenly took pity on those poor little fluffy-tailed rats...and bought 5 pounds of peanuts in the shell. He emptied the peanuts into a large wooden planter near the screen door and opened the door...

Word spread in the squirrel world, and squirrels would prance into the house, onto the nut-filled planter...and feast. Three-four squirrels at a time.

One day, my brother was able to entice one of the squirrels into his arms. He enjoyed petting it behind its ears...

...until the squirrel mistook my brother's finger for a peanut. The squirrel chomped down...my brother said, "OUCH!" and flung the squirrel into the t.v. set. Ka BOOM! Poor little thing ran out of the house with a slight headache. And my brother didn't like squirrels after that.

Can't imagine why.

Also, one of the squirrel visitors used to sit on the planter and grab TWO peanuts...and run off...only to later come back for more...always taking TWO at a time. My mom name it, "TWO-furrs"...as in, "TWO...'fer' the price of one."

Been living in Las Vegas for 11 years. Haven't seen a single squirrel since I've been here. :(

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awww. Cute story...

When I was like...18...I was living with my folks in NY (upstate). Squirrels all over the place! I once 'tempted' a squirrel to come to me by holding out some peanut butter spread on a cracker...and making that "tsk, tsk, tsk" sound. The squirrel came to me...and ate. It got to the point where I was doing this on our porch. And then...there was more than one.

It got to the point where squirrels were climbing up the screen door to the porch tryin' to get to those 'nutter - crackers'. My grandfather suddenly took pity on those poor little fluffy-tailed rats...and bought 5 pounds of peanuts in the shell. He emptied the peanuts into a large wooden planter near the screen door and opened the door...

Word spread in the squirrel world, and squirrels would prance into the house, onto the nut-filled planter...and feast. Three-four squirrels at a time.

One day, my brother was able to entice one of the squirrels into his arms. He enjoyed petting it behind its ears...

...until the squirrel mistook my brother's finger for a peanut. The squirrel chomped down...my brother said, "OUCH!" and flung the squirrel into the t.v. set. Ka BOOM! Poor little thing ran out of the house with a slight headache. And my brother didn't like squirrels after that.

Can't imagine why.

Also, one of the squirrel visitors used to sit on the planter and grab TWO peanuts...and run off...only to later come back for more...always taking TWO at a time. My mom name it, "TWO-furrs"...as in, "TWO...'fer' the price of one."

Been living in Las Vegas for 11 years. Haven't seen a single squirrel since I've been here. :(
I once picked up a field mouse. It was in the house and I went to pick it up to get it out of the house and bam! It chomped down on my palm. I tried getting it to release but it wouldn't. I even held my hand upside down and it just hung there by the teeth. I eventually lowered my hand to the floor and it let go and ran off. :)

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once picked up a field mouse. It was in the house and I went to pick it up to get it out of the house and bam! It chomped down on my palm. I tried getting it to release but it wouldn't. I even held my hand upside down and it just hung there by the teeth. I eventually lowered my hand to the floor and it let go and ran off. :)
LOL! Awww...I'm sorry, Dev, but I'm gettin' a visual..................................:Do_O:p

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! Awww...I'm sorry, Dev, but I'm gettin' a visual..................................:Do_O:p
While living in NY, I was "gifted" with being able to have a job where I could witness a bunch of wildlife. Bears...coyotes...fox...Guinea hens...A tortoise or two...a peacock or two...

But what I really liked was being able to see a BLACK squirrel, and an ALBINO squirrel.

A hawk...a peregrine falcon sitting in a tree outside my living room window...deer in the backyard...

Where I live, the only "wildlife" seems to be mice, pigeons, roaches, crows...

...and a few homeless men, who would rather get laid than eat...:(

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While living in NY, I was "gifted" with being able to have a job where I could witness a bunch of wildlife. Bears...coyotes...fox...Guinea hens...A tortoise or two...a peacock or two...

But what I really liked was being able to see a BLACK squirrel, and an ALBINO squirrel.

A hawk...a peregrine falcon sitting in a tree outside my living room window...deer in the backyard...

Where I live, the only "wildlife" seems to be mice, pigeons, roaches, crows...

...and a few homeless men, who would rather get laid than eat...:(
We used to have a bald eagle that would perch on top of the comm tower up the hill from me. Pretty cool and I had a close encounter with it one day when it swooped down for some road kill. I get some raccoons too.

Reactions: Debp

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never grabbed them without a leather glove lol.

Reactions: dev553344

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We used to have a bald eagle that would perch on top of the comm tower up the hill from me. Pretty cool and I had a close encounter with it one day when it swooped down for some road kill. I get some raccoons too.
Oooooo! I left work for lunch one day (in NY) and spotted a hawk...about 15 feet from my car...in a tree...'crying'...

Where I worked had a lot of geese in the front 'yard'. Geese and a pond. Apparently, one of the geese wandered too far away from the others, into the parking lot. The hawk got him. The goose lay there...on the pavement...feathers flying about...still alive, but obviously severely injured...

The hawk was obviously p****d off because I "interrupted" his "dinner"...

Have been to a local zoo, and seen skilled handlers of eagles and hawks. Man, oh man...seeing up close and personal, the WINGSPAN...the TALONS...

Absolutely amazing...

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have squirrels, birds and little chipmunks come in the yard. I get wildlife feed and put it out for them.

Absolutely love to see them. I thank God everyday for our little yard animals.

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oooooo! I left work for lunch one day (in NY) and spotted a hawk...about 15 feet from my car...in a tree...'crying'...

Where I worked had a lot of geese in the front 'yard'. Geese and a pond. Apparently, one of the geese wandered too far away from the others, into the parking lot. The hawk got him. The goose lay there...on the pavement...feathers flying about...still alive, but obviously severely injured...

The hawk was obviously p****d off because I "interrupted" his "dinner"...

Have been to a local zoo, and seen skilled handlers of eagles and hawks. Man, oh man...seeing up close and personal, the WINGSPAN...the TALONS...

Absolutely amazing...
Actually when the bald eagle took off it was heading in my direction which then I kinda froze. It veered off and went over the fence behind me, and it was then that I nervously chuckled out of kind of this fear anxiety and relief.

Reactions: Debp and Cassandra

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have squirrels, birds and little chipmunks come in the yard. I get wildlife feed and put it out for them.

Absolutely love to see them. I thank God everyday for our little yard animals.
Ooooo! Chipmunks! I forgot all about chipmunks! When I was in NY (and about 12 at the time), there used to be chipmunks that would scamper into the stone fence at the pool...

There is ONE saving grace here...I'm able to witness a TON of hummingbirds...

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually when the bald eagle took off it was heading in my direction which then I kinda froze. It veered off and went over the fence behind me, and it was then that I nervously chuckled out of kind of this fear anxiety and relief.
LOL! Even pigeons can sort of "dive-bomb" into us unsuspecting 'receivers' of their 'wrath'!

Can't tell you how many times I've had to actually DUCK from an aggressive pigeon...or two...

Oh, oh, oh! Just remembered another cute story!

I was at the Jersey Shore with my daughters one summer. My oldest daughter got a hot dog in a bun. We were on the boardwalk, about 15-20 feet above the sand, looking down at the waves. Suddenly, a seagull, SWOPPED down, and plucked her hot dog from its bun.

Now, my daughter was never one to display 'shock and awe'. But that MOMENT, her face was priceless. To this day, she remembers that moment fondly.

Last edited:

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't see many squirrels here in L.A. But as a child I fed them in Pennsylvania. Would throw peanuts from our window to them, especially in Winter.

At a different place I sat on the front steps and fed a squirrel. He got used to me because he leaped up on my hand, went up my arm and down the other arm. But when he reached my other hand, I got scared and shook him off.

So I did get a little scratch near my finger where he had to leap off. Now I realize I should have just let him jump off of me on his own.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was at the Jersey Shore with my daughters one summer. My oldest daughter got a hot dog in a bun. We were on the boardwalk, about 15-20 feet above the sand, looking down at the waves. Suddenly, a seagull, SWOPPED down, and plucked her hot dog from its bun.

That's hilarious.

At Santa Monica Pier, the sea gulls would swoop in and catch French fries we would throw up in the air.

This is funny...

• Haha

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's hilarious.

At Santa Monica Pier, the sea gulls would swoop in and catch French fries we would throw up in the air.

This is funny...

Smart bird. Some animals reach near human intelligence. I don't think it's too often, but as a child we had a dobberman pincer that open doors and play soccer with me. He would pop the soccer balls eventually but he still would play keep away with me.

Reactions: Debp