St. Patrick kept the Sabbath.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was going to reply. However I find my spirit is not in it. I shall pray for you. :pray:
Let me ask you a sincere question.

Do you believe that is perfectly fine for Behold to declare Calvin and his five points (which really are not his) demonic and not show from Scripture why?

Do you believe it is perfectly fine for Behold to call people brainwashed, or say they believe in something after he has been told that is untrue but yet continues to say someone believes it?

Do you believe it is fine for Behold to make allegations and accusations and assaults on ones belief and character and not be challenged to give biblical reasons why?

I would love to see what you hold on these matters.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me ask you a sincere question.

Do you believe that is perfectly fine for Behold to declare Calvin and his five points (which really are not his) demonic and not show from Scripture why?

Do you believe it is perfectly fine for Behold to call people brainwashed, or say they believe in something after he has been told that is untrue but yet continues to say someone believes it?

Do you believe it is fine for Behold to make allegations and accusations and assaults on ones belief and character and not be challenged to give biblical reasons why?

I would love to see what you hold on these matters.
Calvin was wrong in some points, but at least he was trying to understand the truth and working towards it, like many Christians today. So you cant call all these believers even if not understanding the full truth from God, 'demonic'.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calvin was wrong in some points, but at least he was trying to understand the truth and working towards it, like many Christians today. So you cant call all these believers even if not understanding the full truth from God, 'demonic'.
fully agree! Calvin and the other reformers were coming out of the dark ages of the reign of Romanism. They had only begun to learn Scripture and have access to it on a regular basis. I expect them to hold to many doctrines we now know to be faulty in part or in whole.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fully agree! Calvin and the other reformers were coming out of the dark ages of the reign of Romanism. They had only begun to learn Scripture and have access to it on a regular basis. I expect them to hold to many doctrines we now know to be faulty in part or in whole.
Except Calvin didn't originate the reformed doctrine.It pre-existed him.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except Calvin didn't originate the reformed doctrine.It pre-existed him.
We are not speaking of the reformed doctrine per se as I am talking about the protestant reformation that gave birth to protestantism and opened the masses to studying Scripture.

Yes Romanism has many reformed principles in it. Same with Dispensational believers have reformed concepts. that is simply because the ones for the most part all agree on are biblical.

Even though I firmly believe teh "five points of Calvinism" are very biblical, I do not accept reformed theology as I have serious disagreements with it is many areas.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were on the right path to truth till they began to fight over who had it and hunkered down into 'creeds' which locked down any continued advancement of the fulness of truth and led to disunity among the churches of the Reformation....

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were on the right path to truth till they began to fight over who had it and hunkered down into 'creeds' which locked down any continued advancement of the fulness of truth and led to disunity among the churches of the Reformation....
Believe it or not, everybody and every church create creeds.

Creeds are simply lisitng a series of things believed..

Even if you reject all the "creeds" written that are out there, you have your own creed.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

And Hobbie you have made creeds concerning who the beasts and the Little Horn are, where you claim that they are humans, which is locking any continued advancement of the fulness of the truth of the scriptures, from the actual reality of the scriptures where the beasts and the Little Horn are fallen Heavenly Hosts.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe it or not, everybody and every church create creeds.

Creeds are simply lisitng a series of things believed..

Even if you reject all the "creeds" written that are out there, you have your own creed.
Yes, but in the case of the Reformation, it kept them from uniting and turning to face the real foe and his apostate church. It was a tremendous opportunity lost as they say..

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but in the case of the Reformation, it kept them from uniting and turning to face the real foe and his apostate church. It was a tremendous opportunity lost as they say..
You must remember the times they were living in. It was a time of great political, social and spiritual upheaval. The bible was finally available for all to study (thank you Hus, Tyndale, Luther and Guttenberg). Doctrines were being tossed out wholesale from Romanism. There was no fformal method of exegesis and hermeneutics. It is only natural to see disagreement on issues.

But the amazing thin is this: Even in the early church there were divisions and disagreements.

Between Jewish and Gentile believers. Between churches taught byt different leaders etc. It is natural and unfortunately a part of the faith.

chritianity has always been messy, but one thing we are all united on is the death and resurrection of Jesus for sin.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must remember the times they were living in. It was a time of great political, social and spiritual upheaval. The bible was finally available for all to study (thank you Hus, Tyndale, Luther and Guttenberg). Doctrines were being tossed out wholesale from Romanism. There was no fformal method of exegesis and hermeneutics. It is only natural to see disagreement on issues.

But the amazing thin is this: Even in the early church there were divisions and disagreements.

Between Jewish and Gentile believers. Between churches taught byt different leaders etc. It is natural and unfortunately a part of the faith.

chritianity has always been messy, but one thing we are all united on is the death and resurrection of Jesus for sin.
Very true...When we look back and try to say, well we could of done this or that, but we werent there.

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, many have that problem today...What can you do...

IGNORE the teachings of John Calvin and other cult leaders for starters! thumbsup2.gif

That's what is so strange about seminary and bible colleges... they spend very little time studying God's Word and almost all their time studying books by guys who write about what they thought the Lord meant based on the wisdom of man void of the Holy Ghost.

They should stick with God's Word!